2006 Honda Insight

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

The best car I've ever owned. Still gets 54 mpg!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage and fun to drive."

Cons: "Small interior"

"The best car I've ever owned. Still gets 54 mpg!! Great gas mileage and fun to drive. Small interior"

Great on GAS, Fun to drive

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"I've had this car which we call the pod for the last nine years I've had a fun time driving the car. But like all thing I must let go of the car if you don't drive it every day the battery will go dead so I going to sell it to a very good friend who will drive it all the time."

I am just sad they changed it.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Economy rocks, comfort even for 6'4" is amazing"

Cons: "they dont make them any more"

"I drove the new Insight and about cried, nothing as cool as this little car for comfort and economy. So sad that this model I wont be able to replace. Do not plan on getting a new car until this one totally dies. I love it!"

Excellent car if you don't have a family

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Very few problems in 11 years; good crash survival"

Cons: "Anything that does go wrong is expensive"

"As a 2-seater, this is not meant to be a family car. If you're looking for reliable transportation and gas savings, I found it to be good at both for the last 11 years. I had one relatively major crash (1-2 years in) at about 40 mph (I thought the insurance company might even total it, but they didn't) where a truck pulled across my lane... and the car kept me from harm even though his tire/axle impaled the whole engine -- making it look like I'd wrapped it around a telephone pole or something. It's fuel economy is extraordinary, which with my limited milage helped to keep me from needing more than about 1 stop at the gas station per month. =) It's a bit low to the ground for some people getting in and out... my 6'8" work buddy and my slightly heavyset father both dislike getting in and out of it. Myself, I don't have a problem with it, but I'm still fairly young, avg height, and of slight build. It is a comfortable car, with leg-room and head-room for all but the tallest to be comfortable once inside. My younger sister absolutely raved about the comfort of the bucket seats when she tried driving it, and I have grown very used to them over the years... now finding many other cars' seats to be rather unlikeable after getting used to mine. The steering / handling is quite good in my opinion, and the car turns very well. The ride is probably a bit stiff for some people, but as I'm accustomed to it, I don't even notice the fact unless I've been driving someone else's car for a while. There is a bit more road noise than in some more luxurious cars, but it's a fairly low key background and doesn't particularly bother me. I've only had 2 major repairs in 11 years (excepting the crash mentioned above) and the first was completely covered under the extended warranty I had purchased with the car. The first (covered) was a battery pack controller (tells the batteries when/how/how long/how fast to charge and discharge) would have been around $4K, and the latest one is the battery pack itself needing to be replaced... and I'm still waiting for a final cost figure... but it's somewhere in $3K-$5K. So... it's fairly expensive when something goes wrong with the electric side of "hybrid"."

Wow! Way more than exceeded my expectations!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Built by the Acura NSX factory in Japan"

Cons: "Could be more comfortable."

"I bought this car to do deliveries because of gas prices and I went from a Suzuki swift gt getting 17 miles to the gallon to 40 mpg in the insight cutting my gas costs mor than in half! I get 65 mpg on the freeway even though I am a led foot and the car feels solid even at 90 mph because of it's aerodynamics and tight suspension. This car handle corners like a go cart but does understeer a little but in a very controllabe way. I do the hardest kind of driving and have had no problems with the car! Brakes and tires and oilchanges and I am all good. I did have charging issue but the dealer upgraded to the second generation battery pack for free at 80 k and they say the batteries should last 157k so I have lots more miles on this unbreakable little head turner of a car. I do not recommend this car as a family car because it is a 2 seater but I highly recommend this car for any body that commutes or delivers or needs a fun sporty little head turner that won't break the bank. there is a slight learning curve on driving this car because of the recharge driving and I suggest you get the stick rather than the cvt version because you get better mileage and more power control. Buy this car! You won't regret it!"