2004 Honda Insight

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Saving Gas

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"In my personal opinion, leg room is terrific for people with long legs. Plenty of headroom as well. All digital displays (including real time and overall gas mileage) enhance interior styling. Hatch is great for easy storage with access from the front. This car is great for long trips because the horsepower assisting battery charges best during highway driving, but it never runs out anyways and drives just like any other car. I took mine to Florida and back without a problem for under $120 in gas round trip in 2007, even with over 100,000 miles already on it in under 8 years. Visibility driving is the best I've driven. One of those cars that you drive till they drop just for the economic benefits. One final note, my car has a lifetime total of 56 miles per gallon. That's something to think about when thinking about buying."

An out of work Italian car designer goes to Tokyo

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Purchased the Insight in 2001 and wouldn't part with it on a bet. Commute over 140 (mostly highway) mile per day. Over 145,000 miles and averaging 55.8 MPG over the lifetime. Depending on the driving conditions (and the leadness of my foot), I have gotten from 475 to 640 miles with 10.6 gallons. Tires are an odd size and have to be special ordered, as I've learned since I'm on my 3rd set. Have had 100% dealer maintenance and the only major items have been a new 12v battery and oil pan replacement. Oil changes every 3500 miles will do that. Tennager hates it so that's a plus (made him learn a stick and take driving test in it), but I'm sure the attitude will change when they are paying for the gas. Turns into "game" to kept instant MPG as high as possible. Had 98.2 average for the first 110 after fillup, then traffic, hills and other evil influences presented themselves. Downhill with wind the car literally flies once the speedometer reaches 100+ due to the weight. You only do that once just to be able to say you did. As previous review stated. great "three season" vehicle."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Great car, qualifies for carpool lane with one driver here in california. saves hours off my commute each day and i have saved thousands of dollars in gas the last 7 years. great for road trips. i love my insight. good luck finding one!"

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have loved this car from the day i purchased it. Have not had any problems with it at all and wit the 50+ miles i get per gallon what more can say. I even got 65 Mile/Gal on a trip to Virginia. The only thing i wonder it why did Honda stop making a car that is so great."

Wonderful car

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"This car is amazing. I bought it used and have had no issues to date. The fuel mileage is unbelievable! I drive mostly highway in my daily commute. I take it easy on the accelerator and routinely average 71MPG on regular 87 octane gasoline. I own a 5 speed manual and the acceleration is more than sufficient. If I get into the gas and drive it aggressively, my mileage will "drop" to around 60MPG in combined city/highway driving. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small vehicle. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. My only complaint is that the car does not come with tilt steering. However, because the steering wheel design allows for easy viewing of all the gauges, lack if tilt is only a minor annoyance. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to save significant money on fuel costs."