• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2004 Honda Insight

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Excellent car for outstanding highway gas mileage

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, very good handling, very reliable"

Cons: "Understandibly 'underpowered', Spartan interior"

"This car was designed to maximize highway gas mileage, and it achieves that very well. EPA Highway Rating is 66 MPG, and I have gotten that on several occasions during the 9.5 years (200,000 miles) I have owned this car. I use this car to commute ~90 miles round trip to work each day, mostly highway miles, I have gotten as high as 70 MPG, and routinely get over 60 MPG. It is not a road-burner, and does need to be down-shifted to ascend some hills (with concomitant loss of speed), but that is not what it was designed to do. Not the most comfortable car I've ever owned, but I did not get it for long, cross-country trips. All-in-all, an excellent car for outstanding highway gas mileage."

This car is amazing. I think and it does.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "Tall people have difficulty leaving the auto."

"Wonderful automobile. It is a very stable car in that the engine is in the front and the batteries are in the rear. When driving fast, it is areodynamic and uses very little fuel. It picks up speed rapidly when needed. The steering is a 1 to 1 ratio, very tight."

best car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

"bought it used in 2002 with 14,000, still driving everyday with 176,000. 85% of average American's driving is solo. Been getting 70mpg for years, can get over 100 when I draft semi's on my way to Michigan. It's reliable, comfortable, strange looking in a loveable way. it's been very good to me and I hope I have it for another 150,000."

Great fuel economy - best as a 2nd car

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great on gas."

Cons: "Not a lot of cargo space, marginal air conditionin"

"In 2001 Hybrid technology was evolving and this car was state of the art then. There have been a few problems with the sensors giving (incorrect) indications of engine problems, requiring software "fixes" to the computer controlling things. The car itself is very durable. Living in Michigan I am used to seeing cars rust out after a few years, but the fiberglass body on this car is still immaculate. Overall mileage for this car over 106,000 miles was 60.3 mpg for all kinds of driving: city and highway. The car is peppy and nimble and spacious inside for 2 adults. Cargo space is limited. The engine is so small that running the air conditioning causes a noticeable decrease in the otherwise peppy performance. An excellent 2nd car for a family who need two cars."

Its a Honda Enough Said

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "amazing MPG and reliability"

Cons: "Main batter pack is the weak link."

Beep

"Amazing MPG and reliability. Purchased car new. Hybrid system worked flawlessly until it reached 90,000. Factory replaced main battery and Catalytic converter. Still running on original clutch with no issues. I replaced the front sway bar links and shocks. Battery pack has 40,000 miles and three years since replacement."

Beep