2002 Honda Insight

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Saving Gas

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"In my personal opinion, leg room is terrific for people with long legs. Plenty of headroom as well. All digital displays (including real time and overall gas mileage) enhance interior styling. Hatch is great for easy storage with access from the front. This car is great for long trips because the horsepower assisting battery charges best during highway driving, but it never runs out anyways and drives just like any other car. I took mine to Florida and back without a problem for under $120 in gas round trip in 2007, even with over 100,000 miles already on it in under 8 years. Visibility driving is the best I've driven. One of those cars that you drive till they drop just for the economic benefits. One final note, my car has a lifetime total of 56 miles per gallon. That's something to think about when thinking about buying."

An out of work Italian car designer goes to Tokyo

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Purchased the Insight in 2001 and wouldn't part with it on a bet. Commute over 140 (mostly highway) mile per day. Over 145,000 miles and averaging 55.8 MPG over the lifetime. Depending on the driving conditions (and the leadness of my foot), I have gotten from 475 to 640 miles with 10.6 gallons. Tires are an odd size and have to be special ordered, as I've learned since I'm on my 3rd set. Have had 100% dealer maintenance and the only major items have been a new 12v battery and oil pan replacement. Oil changes every 3500 miles will do that. Tennager hates it so that's a plus (made him learn a stick and take driving test in it), but I'm sure the attitude will change when they are paying for the gas. Turns into "game" to kept instant MPG as high as possible. Had 98.2 average for the first 110 after fillup, then traffic, hills and other evil influences presented themselves. Downhill with wind the car literally flies once the speedometer reaches 100+ due to the weight. You only do that once just to be able to say you did. As previous review stated. great "three season" vehicle."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Great car, qualifies for carpool lane with one driver here in california. saves hours off my commute each day and i have saved thousands of dollars in gas the last 7 years. great for road trips. i love my insight. good luck finding one!"

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have loved this car from the day i purchased it. Have not had any problems with it at all and wit the 50+ miles i get per gallon what more can say. I even got 65 Mile/Gal on a trip to Virginia. The only thing i wonder it why did Honda stop making a car that is so great."

Wonderful car

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"This car is amazing. I bought it used and have had no issues to date. The fuel mileage is unbelievable! I drive mostly highway in my daily commute. I take it easy on the accelerator and routinely average 71MPG on regular 87 octane gasoline. I own a 5 speed manual and the acceleration is more than sufficient. If I get into the gas and drive it aggressively, my mileage will "drop" to around 60MPG in combined city/highway driving. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small vehicle. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. My only complaint is that the car does not come with tilt steering. However, because the steering wheel design allows for easy viewing of all the gauges, lack if tilt is only a minor annoyance. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to save significant money on fuel costs."

unbeatable

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"owned since new. lifetime mpg is 48 under all driving conditions. It still looks new.. corrosion will never be a problem as it's aluminum and plastic. replacement batteries appear to be a non-issue. snow tires render it unstoppable. I was looking forward to the CRZ, but all things considered I think I'll just keep this thing forever !"

love this car

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"this is a sports car that gets 50 plus mpg. my favorite car...ever!"

Incredible MPG

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"2001 blue manual transmission, 65k 58mpg lifetime. I have put 30,000 miles on it since i bought it and have brought the lifetime mpg up from 52 to 58 so far. I routinely get 75mpg. My record is 82mpg driving from Akron to Dayton (200 miles). My wife usually gets 65mpg (lead foot). I am 6'3" and the car is more than roomy enough for me. Although the ride quality is poor, it gives it a very sporty feel. It is actually very responsive and fun to drive because of it! I have not modified the car, and I see no reason to do so given that it already gets such great mpg. I will note the engine that comes with the manual transmission is different from the automatic. The automatic does not have lean-burn mode, therefore the mpg will be slightly less (55-65), but still amazing!"

unbeatable

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"while individual drivers skill and the variations in individual commutes will result in variation in mpg.... the Honda Insight WILL get better mpg than any other vehicle ( except PHEV ) over the same drive, when averaged out over a year. This is a collectors car aluminum body ( very rare )... 150,000 mile Honda warranty on the Hybrid parts... car can easily be modified to run without the NiMH battery if you are over 150,000 miles and it wears out. Mine is a 2000 , standard, with AC and over 115,000 miles... only issues have been normal repairs for any car and repairs from being hit by another car. I have had after market improvements added... but the car is rock solid stock... If you want a boat that you never feel the road... this is not the car for you... if you like a more sporty road feel you'll love it."

Luv my Insight!

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"I love the excellent MPG's. I can easily go 500-550 miles between fill ups and only need to fill up 2-3 times per month. Accelerates well and is very reliable. I haven't had any problems with my 2005 Insight at all. The factory stereo left something to be desired, but a quick trip to Circuit City fixed that issue. The only way, I'd get consider getting rid of my "Iggy" is if something comes along that uses less gasoline. So far, that hasn't happend."