2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,642 - $16,158.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

Exceeds expectations!

By on Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pros: "Great price, great fuel economy, great visibility"

Cons: "Unneeded Tire pressure warning (in hot weather)?"

"After 8 months, I am still very, very pleased with the 2015 Honda Fit. My overall gas milage averages 39 city and highway. Sometimes, on a long flat freeway run, I'll get 50 mpg over the haul! I think the visibility is ~truly~ exceptional and I find that is HUGE - both from a safety stand point and making the ride more enjoyable. The Fit has lower "shoulders" (so to speak- side panels and dash) allowing quite expansive views. One friend likened it to riding in a glass-domed car! When I was shopping for a new compact sedan, I was really dismayed by the poor rearview visibility - those tiny keyholes they call back windows now in most cars made me feel afraid and claustrophobic. By contrast, the Fit has great forward visibility, good over the shoulder visibility and the sideview camera for blindspots. The rearview camera is a terrific aide, too.... Fewer worries about a toddler wandering behind the car in a busy parking lot! I read here that some people find the seats uncomfortable. I have spinal stenosis such that sitting anywhere is not great. Yet, I do not find my Fit seats to be any more uncomfortable than any other car... and I think I would notice, given the delicacy of my low back situation. While not the same as one would find in a luxury car (and who would expect that?), I think the seats are fine. My one negative experience was last summer with the technology that detects low tire pressure. It gave several false low pressure warnings when everything was fine. I took it to the dealer and they explained it detects low pressure by detecting differences in individual tire speed (torque?). They said they've been seeing a fair number of false warnings on the new tire pressure technology. I bought two tire pressure gauges to carry with me. Since then, it only happened once. Luck? Cooler weather? Dunno. I'm the type that just wants a reliable car that doesn't cost at lot to drive in gasoline or repairs. I tend to keep my cars 7-14 years. I really like the Fit and hope this one goes the distance!"

Best Value on the Market!

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pros: "Price, Performance, FUN, Quality"

Cons: "Headlights too low, limited visibility at night"

"You won't find a better car, built to last, that's this fun to drive for under $20,000. My 6 speed manual is a blast and the car will really go. I get 36 MPG on average and it's easier than one would think to hit 120+ MPH. Harder to accelerate quickly in a 6 speed but the clutch is so smooth and flawless. Really fun to drive. Comfortable and well designed interior. Small car with large space capacity make it so truly unique. Headlights are very low making it very hard to see street signs at night, only complaint. Honda cars are built to last and I look forward to driving this car for the next 10-15 years."

Amazing car at an amazing price!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pros: "price, comfy, lane watch camera, acceleration"

Cons: "touch screen software"

"I have owned this car for 3 months and I have to say I am in love with it. The CVT transmission makes driving the highway quiet and consistent. It has great acceleration as well. The inside of the car is comfy and love the moon roof! A big needed improvement for me would be the touch screen works great but the software is not very intuitive. Sometimes it takes a bit to get it to do what you want. Also, the HDMI port only works when the car has the emergency brake on which is a bummer. I would have liked to use my Waze navigation app on screen. The seat adjustments are amazing, we can fit so much stuff inside the vehicle. The lane watch camera is amazing and will never buy a car without it. When you turn on your right blinker, your screen shows your blind spot. This has been life changing. Overall this car is a steal at the price. I would highly recommend this car. Also, I always get more than 38mpg on the highway. Usually hitting around 42."

What an upgrade!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Stronger engine, awesome MPG, great tech/interior"

Cons: "Silly "blind spot" mirror, confusing S mode"

"I was car shopping for my sister, and when we hopped in the 2015 Fit for a test drive, I knew what I had to do. I had been driving a 2013 Fit, and it was like Honda was reading my mind. They fixed every minor or major complaint I had with my 2013 with this update, and I traded mine in and got an EX-L. Here is my breakdown (sorry for the length, but I actually think Honda knocked it out of the park with this): 1 - Engine. The 2013, while very consistent on MPG, wasn't THAT fuel-efficient for the size and horsepower of the engine. After driving it in all New England weather conditions and locations for about a year and a half, I was getting about 30 MPG combined. My main complaint was always that I felt like the engine really struggled to get to 40 MPH, but then was fine cruising. It sounded like I was really pushing it, and the same was true with hills. It just lost acceleration and needed a downshift, and even then really didn't seem to "like" climbing. The 2015 is immediately getting around 40 MPG highway/30+ city, and even though the HP is only up to 130, it makes a HUGE difference. The acceleration is much more substantial and cleaner now, and it is rock solid on hills. The ride is MUCH more quiet and the car feels significantly more put-together. 2 - Interior. The 2013's interior, especially the hard surfaces and doors, looked and felt pretty cheap. The dashboard caused some brutal reflections onto the windshield in the sun, and the faux carpet materials and weak plastic on the doors were easy to scratch and just felt cheap. The 2015 does away with that "shiny" plastic, and the entire cabin looks and feels much more sturdy. The EX-L leather seats aren't exactly recliner-like, but they are awesome, they look great, and they fit in with the concept of upgrading the car without fundamentally changing it. The extra legroom in the rear now is also amazing, and I haven't noticed the difference in cargo space at all. 3 - Tech. Visibility has always been a Fit thing, and it still is awesome in the 2015, but they have also caught up with the technology. The multi-angle camera is a bumper-saver in my hometown of Boston, and now I can swipe any parking spot I see. The top-down view is great for fine-tuning those tight parallel jobs! Some people say that with such a small car, the LaneWatch blind spot camera and the rearview camera are gimmicky, but I disagree. They make driving and parking an easier experience for sure, and I think they are well-suited for this car. I love driving the new Fit. I only have two complaints so far: the "Blind spot" mirror on the driver side. It's stupid, and actually a little distracting. A digital blind spot monitor would have been much more practical, or even nothing would be better actually. The only other complaint is the S mode, which I still can't quite figure out. I used to drive the 2013 in S mode all the time, but with the CVT on the 2015, it's almost pointless. They give it 7 "gears", but they are not logically spaced out. Gears 4-7 are each 5 MPH apart...how do you shift 4 times in 20 MPH???? So far, it's been a much better experience just letting the CVT do its thing, which I find very smooth. I know the gear heads hate it, but I'll take the non-existent shift shock and higher MPG all day! Leather seats, power moonroof, heated seats and mirrors, 35 + MPG, rearview and blind spot cameras for $20K??? Not to mention you still get about as much cargo space as an SUV. No buyer's remorse here!"

So much for the money!

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, shifts smooth, GREAT mileage"

Cons: "LX model doesn't have the HDMI hookup"

"Mine is an LX with the 6-speed manual. Such a great car! Even in the base model, you get a backup camera, cruise control, bluetooth stereo and phone services, and the magic seats are so great for moving stuff around! I'm 6'3 and I'm probably the tallest you can be while still comfortably driving this car, but it's incredibly roomy. No clue what reviewers who complain about a 'rough ride' or a 'noisy cabin' are talking about, some folks must have a crazy low tolerance for road noise. Something no one mentioned at the dealership or in any reviews, this thing has hill start assist! You don't roll back at a light if you get the manual transmission, which is awesome. I love this car, I get about 42-44 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 70 mph. Also, that cupholder up on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is so clever! Never thought I'd use it at first, I use it every day though now."

Another fabulous Honda!

By on Thursday, October 08, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, great gas mileage & storage options"

Cons: "A bit road noisy"

"I've owned Hondas since 1981. The 2015 is amazing-great gas mileage (averaging over 40 mpg), tons of versatile storage, seats are most comfortable ever in a small Honda...& the new side- & rear-facing cameras (which I thought I'd hate) are absolutely terrific in helping me drive more safely. It fits both me (5'4") & my spouse(6'), which is essential. Like all small cars, it's a bit noisy on the highway, but all of the good things more than offset this minor flaw. Reliable, economical, comfortable--what more could you want? & it looks sharp, too (friends refer to it as "the Starship Enterprise" for its sleek & space-age looks)."

Perfect Car- Until you sit in it

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Everything else except the seats."

Cons: "Terribly uncomfortable seats."

"I have been searching for a car for weeks and thought I'd found the perfect one with the Fit. I read all of the reviews and was concerned about the reports about the uncomfortable seats, but I reasoned that many of the reporters mentioned being older or may be accustomed to nicer vehicles, may be taller, etc. I am 33, 5'4", in good health and shape, and have driven the same Corolla for the last 11 yrs. Everything about the Fit was perfect for me, but in order to make sure I was making the right choice, I borrowed one from the dealership for a 1.5 hour road trip. The seats during a 20 min test drive were fine - a little firm, but I'm not a princess. An hour and a half later, I was extremely uncomfortable, finally understanding what other reviewers meant when they said that there was not enough lumbar support and that the headrests push the head forward - these are not huge discrepancies that are noticeable while sitting in it or driving briefly. They are sneaky, slight issues that cause pain that creeps up on you and increases gradually over time. After arriving home, 1.5 hrs there and 1.5 back, I was in a lot of pain and woke up the next morning stiff, with a headache. The dealership called an owner who was going to bring his back 2 days after buying it but found a lumbar seat support that finally worked for him after trying 3 or 4.... it costs $200. They offered to discount the vehicle to make up for the cost, but who wants to buy a brand new vehicle with that kind of flaw? I could not imagine driving it for 10 years. My biggest complaint is that this is not a new issue based on the forums I've read, so Honda's decision to continue to ruin this lovely little vehicle with these terrible seats indicates to me a lack of concern for consumer opinion. So, I am still looking for my next new car after weeks of feeling sure that I'd found "the one." So disappointed and frustrated."

So disappointed

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "Great pickup and go, great visibility, gas mileage"

Cons: "Seats Seats and pressed felt like flooring"

"I agree with Nice Car with issues review. After comparing all the reviews, and two test drives I knew I wanted the 2015 Fit. While I saw one mention of "uncomfortable" seats they didn't seem uncomfortable during the test drives... I was thrilled with the car until I had driven it for 45 min. Not just uncomfortable;the seats cause hip and lower back pain that hangs on long after you stop driving. I love the car, but being 71, I am afraid I will need to dip into savings to trade it for a lesser car that I can drive for more than an hour. I am so disappointed, I really like this car."

amazing car for the $

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, rear seat room, MPG, price"

Cons: "no auto up/down on pass win., 1 speed intermit wip"

"With about 1500 miles on my new fit LX, I'm still amazed at what this little car can do. Coming from a 300hp manual Mustang, I was concerned about power but this thing is really quite peppy. The CVT adjusts the engine RPM to the power needs and I never feel underpowered. The MPG is amazing! I recently took an 81 mile trip and got 46.1 MPG! Stopping At Loews the other day I was worried about getting the assembled wheel barrow into the car but once in, I think I could have put 3 in there! Even the base car has a rear view camera, bluetooth, and a 5in. screen. At $17,100 there not any real competition with the cargo room and gas mileage. It's an incredibly practical car at a low price."

ALL & MORE THAN WE EXPECTED

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Solid ,Roomy, versitile, fair price for EX"

Cons: "NONE"

"Hondas have been in our garage since 1974-from lawn mowers to Acuras -- this 2015 FIT may be the BEST yet! iNCREDIBLE designed & roomy interior- feels like a midsize front & back seats. Acceleration is surprisingly peppy & fairly quiet. Ride is smooth & road noise is better than expected for this size car.Front visibility hasn't been discussed but is amazing.CVT trans is as good as it gets. On a back roads trip we got 44.1 mpg after 140 mi. LOVE IT! Seems it is the BEST FIT for our needs in a small second vehicle."

Solid First New Car

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, fun to drive, large cargo space"

Cons: "Engine noise"

"I truly love this car. I commute often and in about half a year (bought the car August 14) I've put about 8000 miles. So far the car as been near perfect! Between in the city and highway driving, I average between 34-38mph. I have no problems reaching 40mpg on the highway. The only thing that stops the car from being perfect is the engine noise. I have the LX model and the engine noise (especially on take off) can be a bit to much. Thankfully, you can subdue the noise with the radio. Besides the engine noise, this car is great on gas, has a large cargo space, and is fun to drive. I look forward to driving through my 120,000 mile warranty."

A great car got better.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "value, flexibility, Honda reliability, fun"

Cons: "manual tranny needs a real 6th gear"

"The first time I saw a Fit up close I fell in love with it. But there were always a few things that weren't just what I wanted. 1) I had to have a moonroof, 2) the MPG were more like an Accord than a good small car, 3) it kinda just looked like a box (I suppose someday it'll get it's own cult like the VW Beetle). Well, Honda fixed all those things and more. You can now get heated leather seats (except not if you opt for a manual). GPS is available, but why when you just plug your cell phone into to screen. Blind spot camera and three view back-up camera (one looking directly down on the ground). There's an option to turn on the blind spot camera even when the blinker is off. And this one of only two complaints I have with the car - they should have made the back-up camera the option for when you've got the cargo area filled to the top (you can always access the blind spot camera with your right turn signal). The blind spot camera does serve adequately for a back-up camera in a pinch. My second complaint with the car is they did not add a real sixth gear to the manual transmission. What they did was add a 4 1/2 and put a higher gear ratio into 1st to make it look like a wider range. The only possible reason I can conceive for doing that is cruise control - perhaps a good AT 6th gear might down shift on a steep freeway hill and the MT couldn't handle it. Somebody please ask Honda. The added HP is great, the car still handles incredibly well and the small cargo trade-off for added passenger comfort was well worth it - most of us cram 5 people into a car far more frequently than we try to fill up 57 cubic feet. One last thing I must say about this car. I had a 2012 Civic and got an AT for the first time in years. I regretted it from the day I bought it, so when I saw this new Fit, I went right back to my manual. Don't believe the 29/37 or whatever it is. If you know anything at all about driving a manual and just a few things about the new VTEC engine, you'll blow those numbers away. I've got 700 miles on the car, mostly city driving, and I'm over 40 mpg since buying the car. Two tricks: 1) shift near 2000 rpms (VTEC retards timing below that for better gas mileage) and 2)use 6th gear whenever possible - again keeping rpm's under 2000 and you can always downshift when you need some juice."

Nice car with issues

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, good cargo space and milage"

Cons: "front seat support is a killer."

"I did two test drives, and really thought this car was peppy and the seats comfy enough for such a small car. However the test drives were not long enough. After about 45 minutes, it kills your back. I have tried various cushions,with little relief. That factor over shadows all the other "niffty" features. I have been in other subcompacts with much better comfort."

An Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Great mileage per gallon"

"I own this car and i love it. Currently I am using it mostly for my office commute and I am getting an Average MPG of 40.5 , It still seems to get better mpg each day. Nice interior and a real fun to drive."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2016

"THE ANNOYING, THE SEAT HEATER SWITCHES ARE ON THE CENTER CONSOLE. IT IS TOO EASY TO ACCIDENTLY BUMP A SWITCH AND TURN THEM ON. HAPPENS VERY FREQUENTLY. ALSO, THE RELEASE TO THE GAS CAP IS NOT PLACED VERY WELL. YOU CAN'T REACH THE LEVER WHILE SITTING IN THE SEAT UNLESS YOU ARE AN ORANGUTAN. THE GREAT, SO MUCH MORE ROOM THEN YOU WOULD EXPECT. I HAVE HAULED SOME FAIRLY LARGE ITEMS WITH NO PROBLEMS. GAS MILEAGE IS PRETTY GOOD. I ONLY GET INTO THE 40S WHEN I AM DRIVING LONG DISTANCES. OTHERWISE I AVERAGE AROUND 35 DEPENDINING ON THE WIND, WEATHER, ETC. HANDLES VERY NICELY. I REALLY LIKE IT. I WOULD PREFER A CAR THAT WAS NOT AS LOW TO THE GROUND. BUT I KNEW THAT WHEN I BOUGHT IT."

Great car, with one exception

By on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Pros: "Seat comfort, easy to drive, great sight-lines"

Cons: "No armrest and a much lower roof than previously"

"I love my 2015 Honda Fit EX-L. The heat leather seats are comfortable and make all the difference. I have only 2 complaints. The first is the lack of a center armrest, not even on the driver's side. The 2013 Honda Fit had one and it made all the difference. This makes driving long trips uncomfortable. To remedy this situation I purchased a piece of high density foam, covered it and placed it between the 2 front seats. It's high enough to be of use to both front seat passengers -- and it's removable. Problem solved. My other complaint is that Honda lowered the roof, so much so that a tall person can no longer fit in this car. My 6'4" nephew was very comfortable in my 2013 model. Now he can't ride with me unless he puts the passenger seat all the way back and practically lies down. Please, Honda, fix these two issues. Otherwise it's a great car and, with current gas prices, costs less than $20 to fill up."

Much more than just an entry level car!

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG, high level of tech."

Cons: "Buzzy engine, Bad infotainment UI"

"I purchased the Fit-EX with the manual gear box. My reasoning behind this car was based on driving the earlier generation as a loner from a friend while my old CRV was in the shop. It impressed me but the new generation of the fit EX sealed the deal. The standard features on the EX trim level were more than I would have expected. Decent audio system, rear view and blind spot cameras are great and the moonroof is a super unexpected bonus! Fit and finish are top notch. MPG is very good about 39 combined. The "magic seats" are amazing to haul all your junk around. A friend called my Fit a TARDIS. It's bigger on the inside than the outside. The updated styling makes the Fit look more substantial than the earlier generations. I do have some quibbles with the car. There is nothing that ruins my overall love of my car but I wish Honda would address these. The engine can sound buzzy during acceleration however the car is nimble yet docile and quiets down while cruising on the freeway. The manual transmission makes for a sporty good time. The only problem with the gearbox is that the gears aren't spaced better. 5'th and 6'th gear are so closely spaced as to be about the same. However the manual is precise with a short throw combined with a very forgiving clutch. The level of tech is impressive, however the GUI is horrible. Its laggy and not intuitive with a surprisingly steep learning curve. However this can be avoiding by using the integrated Siri hands free system. Nothing above is a deal breaker. Overall this car has exceeded my expectations! I would have happily pealed back the cash for the EX-L leather interior. However, I have only ever driven manual transmissions so I had to forgo the leather interior. I got the "passion berry pearl" color as I did not want a white, black or silver car. There are less expensive cars but they cannot beat the Fit's combination of styling, driving fun, build quality and high level of standard options. My CRV lasted for 14 years under the severe driving conditions of Chicago winters. I expect no less of the Fit."

Hard on the Back Groaner

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pros: "Price,hauling capacity,size,visibility,87 octane"

Cons: "Driver's seat comfort, no driver's blindspot mirro"

"I was happy to finally see a review that complained about the seats, the driver's seat in my case. I noticed it on the test drive, then tried the Accord which was much more comfortable ( of course). I use a rolled up towel mid-back and that seems to work. I also don't get the fantastic MPG reported in many reviews, but my driving is city so I guess 28mpg is ok. My husband wishes it had blind spot mirrors on the driver's side. The Fit serves its purpose which is to be an around-town jittney to go to the grocery store, do errands, etc. And the price was right."

Excellent car for the price!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, reliable, practical"

Cons: "some may find it too noisy"

"Fun to drive despite being refined over previous generations. Great on gas - consistently able to beat EPA ratings. Extremely practical - this car gives some large cars/SUVs a run for their money in capacity. Overall a great car for the price, and most likely the best in the segment!"

nice little car

By on Monday, August 10, 2015

Pros: "good little economical car"

Cons: "not easy to get in or out"

"good little car fun to drive great gas mileage"

Great car!

By on Monday, June 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG's and room"

Cons: "Cheap floor covering & 6th gear too low"

"This is a fantastic car! With stick it is fun and peppy to drive. Its amazing how much it holds with the back seats folded down. The first 5000 miles I averaged 43.4 MPG. Worst tank was 41.1 and best was 45.7. I absolutely love this car, but every car has something that could be better. The material they put on the floor could be a lot better and 6th gear should be higher. It is too close to 5th and the engine is doing too many RPM's at highway speed."

very rough ride

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

"nice little car but rides like a ww2 jeep. I most likely will sell it. mine is an lx model auto trans. anybody interested?"

Great car for urban driving

By on Friday, October 02, 2015

Pros: "Has excellent pick up when merging into traffic"

Cons: "For tall people would be difficulty on road trips"

"A wonderful car for driving on freeways and driving in a major city."

Great Value,Comfortable,Lots of space,Great Looks/

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Price,functionality,Looks/Rims/tires,Gas mileage,"

Cons: "nothing yet as I bought it 12/22/2015"

"The IT salesman I got lucky enough to contact give me a FANTASTIC deal with my 2009 Civic hybrid trade in. He took time with me, for the best deal. I love the Looks/Style of the Car, Tires/Rims. The seats are comfortable,rides nice/smooth.love the Sun Roof on the EX model. Super gas mileage, the automatic key that unlocks the car with Push button starter--Just have to make Sure U Do Not Forget to Lock it.Great Visibility"