2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,461 - $16,764.

8.4

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

7.6/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

What an upgrade!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Stronger engine, awesome MPG, great tech/interior"

Cons: "Silly "blind spot" mirror, confusing S mode"

"I was car shopping for my sister, and when we hopped in the 2015 Fit for a test drive, I knew what I had to do. I had been driving a 2013 Fit, and it was like Honda was reading my mind. They fixed every minor or major complaint I had with my 2013 with this update, and I traded mine in and got an EX-L. Here is my breakdown (sorry for the length, but I actually think Honda knocked it out of the park with this): 1 - Engine. The 2013, while very consistent on MPG, wasn't THAT fuel-efficient for the size and horsepower of the engine. After driving it in all New England weather conditions and locations for about a year and a half, I was getting about 30 MPG combined. My main complaint was always that I felt like the engine really struggled to get to 40 MPH, but then was fine cruising. It sounded like I was really pushing it, and the same was true with hills. It just lost acceleration and needed a downshift, and even then really didn't seem to "like" climbing. The 2015 is immediately getting around 40 MPG highway/30+ city, and even though the HP is only up to 130, it makes a HUGE difference. The acceleration is much more substantial and cleaner now, and it is rock solid on hills. The ride is MUCH more quiet and the car feels significantly more put-together. 2 - Interior. The 2013's interior, especially the hard surfaces and doors, looked and felt pretty cheap. The dashboard caused some brutal reflections onto the windshield in the sun, and the faux carpet materials and weak plastic on the doors were easy to scratch and just felt cheap. The 2015 does away with that "shiny" plastic, and the entire cabin looks and feels much more sturdy. The EX-L leather seats aren't exactly recliner-like, but they are awesome, they look great, and they fit in with the concept of upgrading the car without fundamentally changing it. The extra legroom in the rear now is also amazing, and I haven't noticed the difference in cargo space at all. 3 - Tech. Visibility has always been a Fit thing, and it still is awesome in the 2015, but they have also caught up with the technology. The multi-angle camera is a bumper-saver in my hometown of Boston, and now I can swipe any parking spot I see. The top-down view is great for fine-tuning those tight parallel jobs! Some people say that with such a small car, the LaneWatch blind spot camera and the rearview camera are gimmicky, but I disagree. They make driving and parking an easier experience for sure, and I think they are well-suited for this car. I love driving the new Fit. I only have two complaints so far: the "Blind spot" mirror on the driver side. It's stupid, and actually a little distracting. A digital blind spot monitor would have been much more practical, or even nothing would be better actually. The only other complaint is the S mode, which I still can't quite figure out. I used to drive the 2013 in S mode all the time, but with the CVT on the 2015, it's almost pointless. They give it 7 "gears", but they are not logically spaced out. Gears 4-7 are each 5 MPH apart...how do you shift 4 times in 20 MPH???? So far, it's been a much better experience just letting the CVT do its thing, which I find very smooth. I know the gear heads hate it, but I'll take the non-existent shift shock and higher MPG all day! Leather seats, power moonroof, heated seats and mirrors, 35 + MPG, rearview and blind spot cameras for $20K??? Not to mention you still get about as much cargo space as an SUV. No buyer's remorse here!"

Amazing car at an amazing price!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pros: "price, comfy, lane watch camera, acceleration"

Cons: "touch screen software"

"I have owned this car for 3 months and I have to say I am in love with it. The CVT transmission makes driving the highway quiet and consistent. It has great acceleration as well. The inside of the car is comfy and love the moon roof! A big needed improvement for me would be the touch screen works great but the software is not very intuitive. Sometimes it takes a bit to get it to do what you want. Also, the HDMI port only works when the car has the emergency brake on which is a bummer. I would have liked to use my Waze navigation app on screen. The seat adjustments are amazing, we can fit so much stuff inside the vehicle. The lane watch camera is amazing and will never buy a car without it. When you turn on your right blinker, your screen shows your blind spot. This has been life changing. Overall this car is a steal at the price. I would highly recommend this car. Also, I always get more than 38mpg on the highway. Usually hitting around 42."

So much for the money!

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, shifts smooth, GREAT mileage"

Cons: "LX model doesn't have the HDMI hookup"

"Mine is an LX with the 6-speed manual. Such a great car! Even in the base model, you get a backup camera, cruise control, bluetooth stereo and phone services, and the magic seats are so great for moving stuff around! I'm 6'3 and I'm probably the tallest you can be while still comfortably driving this car, but it's incredibly roomy. No clue what reviewers who complain about a 'rough ride' or a 'noisy cabin' are talking about, some folks must have a crazy low tolerance for road noise. Something no one mentioned at the dealership or in any reviews, this thing has hill start assist! You don't roll back at a light if you get the manual transmission, which is awesome. I love this car, I get about 42-44 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 70 mph. Also, that cupholder up on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is so clever! Never thought I'd use it at first, I use it every day though now."

amazing car for the $

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, rear seat room, MPG, price"

Cons: "no auto up/down on pass win., 1 speed intermit wip"

"With about 1500 miles on my new fit LX, I'm still amazed at what this little car can do. Coming from a 300hp manual Mustang, I was concerned about power but this thing is really quite peppy. The CVT adjusts the engine RPM to the power needs and I never feel underpowered. The MPG is amazing! I recently took an 81 mile trip and got 46.1 MPG! Stopping At Loews the other day I was worried about getting the assembled wheel barrow into the car but once in, I think I could have put 3 in there! Even the base car has a rear view camera, bluetooth, and a 5in. screen. At $17,100 there not any real competition with the cargo room and gas mileage. It's an incredibly practical car at a low price."

ALL & MORE THAN WE EXPECTED

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Solid ,Roomy, versitile, fair price for EX"

Cons: "NONE"

"Hondas have been in our garage since 1974-from lawn mowers to Acuras -- this 2015 FIT may be the BEST yet! iNCREDIBLE designed & roomy interior- feels like a midsize front & back seats. Acceleration is surprisingly peppy & fairly quiet. Ride is smooth & road noise is better than expected for this size car.Front visibility hasn't been discussed but is amazing.CVT trans is as good as it gets. On a back roads trip we got 44.1 mpg after 140 mi. LOVE IT! Seems it is the BEST FIT for our needs in a small second vehicle."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next