2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,699 - $15,988.

8.4

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

7.6/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

So disappointed

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "Great pickup and go, great visibility, gas mileage"

Cons: "Seats Seats and pressed felt like flooring"

"I agree with Nice Car with issues review. After comparing all the reviews, and two test drives I knew I wanted the 2015 Fit. While I saw one mention of "uncomfortable" seats they didn't seem uncomfortable during the test drives... I was thrilled with the car until I had driven it for 45 min. Not just uncomfortable;the seats cause hip and lower back pain that hangs on long after you stop driving. I love the car, but being 71, I am afraid I will need to dip into savings to trade it for a lesser car that I can drive for more than an hour. I am so disappointed, I really like this car."

A great car got better.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "value, flexibility, Honda reliability, fun"

Cons: "manual tranny needs a real 6th gear"

"The first time I saw a Fit up close I fell in love with it. But there were always a few things that weren't just what I wanted. 1) I had to have a moonroof, 2) the MPG were more like an Accord than a good small car, 3) it kinda just looked like a box (I suppose someday it'll get it's own cult like the VW Beetle). Well, Honda fixed all those things and more. You can now get heated leather seats (except not if you opt for a manual). GPS is available, but why when you just plug your cell phone into to screen. Blind spot camera and three view back-up camera (one looking directly down on the ground). There's an option to turn on the blind spot camera even when the blinker is off. And this one of only two complaints I have with the car - they should have made the back-up camera the option for when you've got the cargo area filled to the top (you can always access the blind spot camera with your right turn signal). The blind spot camera does serve adequately for a back-up camera in a pinch. My second complaint with the car is they did not add a real sixth gear to the manual transmission. What they did was add a 4 1/2 and put a higher gear ratio into 1st to make it look like a wider range. The only possible reason I can conceive for doing that is cruise control - perhaps a good AT 6th gear might down shift on a steep freeway hill and the MT couldn't handle it. Somebody please ask Honda. The added HP is great, the car still handles incredibly well and the small cargo trade-off for added passenger comfort was well worth it - most of us cram 5 people into a car far more frequently than we try to fill up 57 cubic feet. One last thing I must say about this car. I had a 2012 Civic and got an AT for the first time in years. I regretted it from the day I bought it, so when I saw this new Fit, I went right back to my manual. Don't believe the 29/37 or whatever it is. If you know anything at all about driving a manual and just a few things about the new VTEC engine, you'll blow those numbers away. I've got 700 miles on the car, mostly city driving, and I'm over 40 mpg since buying the car. Two tricks: 1) shift near 2000 rpms (VTEC retards timing below that for better gas mileage) and 2)use 6th gear whenever possible - again keeping rpm's under 2000 and you can always downshift when you need some juice."

Solid First New Car

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, fun to drive, large cargo space"

Cons: "Engine noise"

"I truly love this car. I commute often and in about half a year (bought the car August 14) I've put about 8000 miles. So far the car as been near perfect! Between in the city and highway driving, I average between 34-38mph. I have no problems reaching 40mpg on the highway. The only thing that stops the car from being perfect is the engine noise. I have the LX model and the engine noise (especially on take off) can be a bit to much. Thankfully, you can subdue the noise with the radio. Besides the engine noise, this car is great on gas, has a large cargo space, and is fun to drive. I look forward to driving through my 120,000 mile warranty."

Nice car with issues

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, good cargo space and milage"

Cons: "front seat support is a killer."

"I did two test drives, and really thought this car was peppy and the seats comfy enough for such a small car. However the test drives were not long enough. After about 45 minutes, it kills your back. I have tried various cushions,with little relief. That factor over shadows all the other "niffty" features. I have been in other subcompacts with much better comfort."

Perfect Car- Until you sit in it

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Everything else except the seats."

Cons: "Terribly uncomfortable seats."

"I have been searching for a car for weeks and thought I'd found the perfect one with the Fit. I read all of the reviews and was concerned about the reports about the uncomfortable seats, but I reasoned that many of the reporters mentioned being older or may be accustomed to nicer vehicles, may be taller, etc. I am 33, 5'4", in good health and shape, and have driven the same Corolla for the last 11 yrs. Everything about the Fit was perfect for me, but in order to make sure I was making the right choice, I borrowed one from the dealership for a 1.5 hour road trip. The seats during a 20 min test drive were fine - a little firm, but I'm not a princess. An hour and a half later, I was extremely uncomfortable, finally understanding what other reviewers meant when they said that there was not enough lumbar support and that the headrests push the head forward - these are not huge discrepancies that are noticeable while sitting in it or driving briefly. They are sneaky, slight issues that cause pain that creeps up on you and increases gradually over time. After arriving home, 1.5 hrs there and 1.5 back, I was in a lot of pain and woke up the next morning stiff, with a headache. The dealership called an owner who was going to bring his back 2 days after buying it but found a lumbar seat support that finally worked for him after trying 3 or 4.... it costs $200. They offered to discount the vehicle to make up for the cost, but who wants to buy a brand new vehicle with that kind of flaw? I could not imagine driving it for 10 years. My biggest complaint is that this is not a new issue based on the forums I've read, so Honda's decision to continue to ruin this lovely little vehicle with these terrible seats indicates to me a lack of concern for consumer opinion. So, I am still looking for my next new car after weeks of feeling sure that I'd found "the one." So disappointed and frustrated."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next