2015 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,764 - $16,035.

8.3

Based on 16 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

7.5/10

What an upgrade!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Stronger engine, awesome MPG, great tech/interior"

Cons: "Silly "blind spot" mirror, confusing S mode"

"I was car shopping for my sister, and when we hopped in the 2015 Fit for a test drive, I knew what I had to do. I had been driving a 2013 Fit, and it was like Honda was reading my mind. They fixed every minor or major complaint I had with my 2013 with this update, and I traded mine in and got an EX-L. Here is my breakdown (sorry for the length, but I actually think Honda knocked it out of the park with this): 1 - Engine. The 2013, while very consistent on MPG, wasn't THAT fuel-efficient for the size and horsepower of the engine. After driving it in all New England weather conditions and locations for about a year and a half, I was getting about 30 MPG combined. My main complaint was always that I felt like the engine really struggled to get to 40 MPH, but then was fine cruising. It sounded like I was really pushing it, and the same was true with hills. It just lost acceleration and needed a downshift, and even then really didn't seem to "like" climbing. The 2015 is immediately getting around 40 MPG highway/30+ city, and even though the HP is only up to 130, it makes a HUGE difference. The acceleration is much more substantial and cleaner now, and it is rock solid on hills. The ride is MUCH more quiet and the car feels significantly more put-together. 2 - Interior. The 2013's interior, especially the hard surfaces and doors, looked and felt pretty cheap. The dashboard caused some brutal reflections onto the windshield in the sun, and the faux carpet materials and weak plastic on the doors were easy to scratch and just felt cheap. The 2015 does away with that "shiny" plastic, and the entire cabin looks and feels much more sturdy. The EX-L leather seats aren't exactly recliner-like, but they are awesome, they look great, and they fit in with the concept of upgrading the car without fundamentally changing it. The extra legroom in the rear now is also amazing, and I haven't noticed the difference in cargo space at all. 3 - Tech. Visibility has always been a Fit thing, and it still is awesome in the 2015, but they have also caught up with the technology. The multi-angle camera is a bumper-saver in my hometown of Boston, and now I can swipe any parking spot I see. The top-down view is great for fine-tuning those tight parallel jobs! Some people say that with such a small car, the LaneWatch blind spot camera and the rearview camera are gimmicky, but I disagree. They make driving and parking an easier experience for sure, and I think they are well-suited for this car. I love driving the new Fit. I only have two complaints so far: the "Blind spot" mirror on the driver side. It's stupid, and actually a little distracting. A digital blind spot monitor would have been much more practical, or even nothing would be better actually. The only other complaint is the S mode, which I still can't quite figure out. I used to drive the 2013 in S mode all the time, but with the CVT on the 2015, it's almost pointless. They give it 7 "gears", but they are not logically spaced out. Gears 4-7 are each 5 MPH apart...how do you shift 4 times in 20 MPH???? So far, it's been a much better experience just letting the CVT do its thing, which I find very smooth. I know the gear heads hate it, but I'll take the non-existent shift shock and higher MPG all day! Leather seats, power moonroof, heated seats and mirrors, 35 + MPG, rearview and blind spot cameras for $20K??? Not to mention you still get about as much cargo space as an SUV. No buyer's remorse here!"

So much for the money!

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, shifts smooth, GREAT mileage"

Cons: "LX model doesn't have the HDMI hookup"

"Mine is an LX with the 6-speed manual. Such a great car! Even in the base model, you get a backup camera, cruise control, bluetooth stereo and phone services, and the magic seats are so great for moving stuff around! I'm 6'3 and I'm probably the tallest you can be while still comfortably driving this car, but it's incredibly roomy. No clue what reviewers who complain about a 'rough ride' or a 'noisy cabin' are talking about, some folks must have a crazy low tolerance for road noise. Something no one mentioned at the dealership or in any reviews, this thing has hill start assist! You don't roll back at a light if you get the manual transmission, which is awesome. I love this car, I get about 42-44 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 70 mph. Also, that cupholder up on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is so clever! Never thought I'd use it at first, I use it every day though now."

So disappointed

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "Great pickup and go, great visibility, gas mileage"

Cons: "Seats Seats and pressed felt like flooring"

"I agree with Nice Car with issues review. After comparing all the reviews, and two test drives I knew I wanted the 2015 Fit. While I saw one mention of "uncomfortable" seats they didn't seem uncomfortable during the test drives... I was thrilled with the car until I had driven it for 45 min. Not just uncomfortable;the seats cause hip and lower back pain that hangs on long after you stop driving. I love the car, but being 71, I am afraid I will need to dip into savings to trade it for a lesser car that I can drive for more than an hour. I am so disappointed, I really like this car."

A great car got better.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "value, flexibility, Honda reliability, fun"

Cons: "manual tranny needs a real 6th gear"

"The first time I saw a Fit up close I fell in love with it. But there were always a few things that weren't just what I wanted. 1) I had to have a moonroof, 2) the MPG were more like an Accord than a good small car, 3) it kinda just looked like a box (I suppose someday it'll get it's own cult like the VW Beetle). Well, Honda fixed all those things and more. You can now get heated leather seats (except not if you opt for a manual). GPS is available, but why when you just plug your cell phone into to screen. Blind spot camera and three view back-up camera (one looking directly down on the ground). There's an option to turn on the blind spot camera even when the blinker is off. And this one of only two complaints I have with the car - they should have made the back-up camera the option for when you've got the cargo area filled to the top (you can always access the blind spot camera with your right turn signal). The blind spot camera does serve adequately for a back-up camera in a pinch. My second complaint with the car is they did not add a real sixth gear to the manual transmission. What they did was add a 4 1/2 and put a higher gear ratio into 1st to make it look like a wider range. The only possible reason I can conceive for doing that is cruise control - perhaps a good AT 6th gear might down shift on a steep freeway hill and the MT couldn't handle it. Somebody please ask Honda. The added HP is great, the car still handles incredibly well and the small cargo trade-off for added passenger comfort was well worth it - most of us cram 5 people into a car far more frequently than we try to fill up 57 cubic feet. One last thing I must say about this car. I had a 2012 Civic and got an AT for the first time in years. I regretted it from the day I bought it, so when I saw this new Fit, I went right back to my manual. Don't believe the 29/37 or whatever it is. If you know anything at all about driving a manual and just a few things about the new VTEC engine, you'll blow those numbers away. I've got 700 miles on the car, mostly city driving, and I'm over 40 mpg since buying the car. Two tricks: 1) shift near 2000 rpms (VTEC retards timing below that for better gas mileage) and 2)use 6th gear whenever possible - again keeping rpm's under 2000 and you can always downshift when you need some juice."

amazing car for the $

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, rear seat room, MPG, price"

Cons: "no auto up/down on pass win., 1 speed intermit wip"

"With about 1500 miles on my new fit LX, I'm still amazed at what this little car can do. Coming from a 300hp manual Mustang, I was concerned about power but this thing is really quite peppy. The CVT adjusts the engine RPM to the power needs and I never feel underpowered. The MPG is amazing! I recently took an 81 mile trip and got 46.1 MPG! Stopping At Loews the other day I was worried about getting the assembled wheel barrow into the car but once in, I think I could have put 3 in there! Even the base car has a rear view camera, bluetooth, and a 5in. screen. At $17,100 there not any real competition with the cargo room and gas mileage. It's an incredibly practical car at a low price."

ALL & MORE THAN WE EXPECTED

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Solid ,Roomy, versitile, fair price for EX"

Cons: "NONE"

"Hondas have been in our garage since 1974-from lawn mowers to Acuras -- this 2015 FIT may be the BEST yet! iNCREDIBLE designed & roomy interior- feels like a midsize front & back seats. Acceleration is surprisingly peppy & fairly quiet. Ride is smooth & road noise is better than expected for this size car.Front visibility hasn't been discussed but is amazing.CVT trans is as good as it gets. On a back roads trip we got 44.1 mpg after 140 mi. LOVE IT! Seems it is the BEST FIT for our needs in a small second vehicle."

Nice car with issues

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, good cargo space and milage"

Cons: "front seat support is a killer."

"I did two test drives, and really thought this car was peppy and the seats comfy enough for such a small car. However the test drives were not long enough. After about 45 minutes, it kills your back. I have tried various cushions,with little relief. That factor over shadows all the other "niffty" features. I have been in other subcompacts with much better comfort."

Solid First New Car

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas, fun to drive, large cargo space"

Cons: "Engine noise"

"I truly love this car. I commute often and in about half a year (bought the car August 14) I've put about 8000 miles. So far the car as been near perfect! Between in the city and highway driving, I average between 34-38mph. I have no problems reaching 40mpg on the highway. The only thing that stops the car from being perfect is the engine noise. I have the LX model and the engine noise (especially on take off) can be a bit to much. Thankfully, you can subdue the noise with the radio. Besides the engine noise, this car is great on gas, has a large cargo space, and is fun to drive. I look forward to driving through my 120,000 mile warranty."

An Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Great mileage per gallon"

"I own this car and i love it. Currently I am using it mostly for my office commute and I am getting an Average MPG of 40.5 , It still seems to get better mpg each day. Nice interior and a real fun to drive."

Perfect Car- Until you sit in it

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Everything else except the seats."

Cons: "Terribly uncomfortable seats."

"I have been searching for a car for weeks and thought I'd found the perfect one with the Fit. I read all of the reviews and was concerned about the reports about the uncomfortable seats, but I reasoned that many of the reporters mentioned being older or may be accustomed to nicer vehicles, may be taller, etc. I am 33, 5'4", in good health and shape, and have driven the same Corolla for the last 11 yrs. Everything about the Fit was perfect for me, but in order to make sure I was making the right choice, I borrowed one from the dealership for a 1.5 hour road trip. The seats during a 20 min test drive were fine - a little firm, but I'm not a princess. An hour and a half later, I was extremely uncomfortable, finally understanding what other reviewers meant when they said that there was not enough lumbar support and that the headrests push the head forward - these are not huge discrepancies that are noticeable while sitting in it or driving briefly. They are sneaky, slight issues that cause pain that creeps up on you and increases gradually over time. After arriving home, 1.5 hrs there and 1.5 back, I was in a lot of pain and woke up the next morning stiff, with a headache. The dealership called an owner who was going to bring his back 2 days after buying it but found a lumbar seat support that finally worked for him after trying 3 or 4.... it costs $200. They offered to discount the vehicle to make up for the cost, but who wants to buy a brand new vehicle with that kind of flaw? I could not imagine driving it for 10 years. My biggest complaint is that this is not a new issue based on the forums I've read, so Honda's decision to continue to ruin this lovely little vehicle with these terrible seats indicates to me a lack of concern for consumer opinion. So, I am still looking for my next new car after weeks of feeling sure that I'd found "the one." So disappointed and frustrated."