2014 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

Invoice N/A

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Great little car!

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great little car!"

Cons: "Not a lot of power to get up hills."

"I am the original owner of a 2012 Honda Fit - non sport version. I researched so many cars and finally had to decide between the Mazda 3 hatchback and the Fit. The Fit won out because with the seats down I could fit an 8 foot surfboard in the car. I've really enjoyed the Fit and love all the different seat configurations. It gets good mileage. It's inexpensive to maintain. It's just a really simple, bare bones, reliable car. It gets me where I need to go and I'm able to park in all the tiny parking spots, which is great."

Great little car! 35-41 MPG Highway

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Excellent use of interior space"

Cons: "Front seats are a bit short for long trips"

"Only complaint; had to replace front wheel bearings at 35000 miles. Warranty, no cost."

love it except for black cloth seats

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "great little car, gas great milage"

Cons: "Bad black cloth interior"

"Comfort and mileage great. Its those cloth seats. Constantly dirty looking, everything on them shows. Can't keep clean looking. Hate them. Only reason I am trading for new car 2015 with leather. They should offer better color inside than black."

Overall good value from long time owner

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reason: Crashed it

Pros: "Value, exterior design, interior flexibility"

Cons: "Road Noise, Interior fabric materials"

"Bought an 09 Fit Sport new in 2008 and put 128K miles on it till I crashed it (my fault) in December 2014. 10 for reliability as I only changed oil, tires, brakes (twice). Had to add Freon a few times as cooling system had flaw in this year. Factory tire size is goofy and hard to come by so buy a close match and ask your tire dealer. Also be advised this car has a timing chain not belt (yes!). Resale value is a 10 as used fit's are hot and sell well. Exterior design and interior flexibility are awesome. Road noise is pronounced so I hope you like the radio loud. Interior fabric is very cheap and the biggest negative I have on the car. Overall a very reliable, cool looking, great value car."

excellent car, wish it were a little bigger!

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "all pros"

Cons: "a little too small for my needs"

"this car is excellent."

Goldilocks car -- Just right!

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

"After 18 years of Accords I wanted a car that was taller, narrower, and shorter. The Fit really fits. Plus it is comfy, versatile, and oh so cute."

Very dissappionted

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, great utility usage of space,"

Cons: "service problems, paint fading"

"I thought that this would be my last car to purchase knowing that Hondas are reliable or that's what we are told. I have enjoyed this car until recently. After 5 years and only 27000 miles, I have had several repairs. The most notworthy was the ac fan motor had to be replaced last year. However, now the paint is fading on the hood and top, even with the sealant which was purchased. I do keep it in garage. I have had to replace the tires and battery. It is having rattle issues of late. It does bottom out very easily and you have to be careful at low spots. It has a lot of road noise, I cannot hear the phone. This is not the car's fault, but I have had several near collisions, side swipes, lately. I am not sure if the car cannot be seen,it is red, because of the small size or if folks are not paying attention. However very good gas mileage, better than advertised. Very good utility useage of space. I do like those features. I am sorry to say I would not buy this car again."

Small car, big room, could be better

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Good space usage, fairly decent mileage for size"

Cons: "Needs a few amenities"

"When the Fit was first introduced, I thought "that's my next car". A year ago, I purchased a used 2011, in a bit of a hurry as I was in a state of need. It does everything it needs to, has excellent space usability, is pretty comfortable - even on long road trips, and gets fairly good gas mileage. It has been decent in snow, and I have only put snow tires on the front, thus far. I like the narrow wheels!! There are a few disappointments, for me. This vehicle, at its weight, with standard transmission should be getting much better gas mileage. My 2004 Hyundai Elantra with 150K was still getting 32-33 mpg when I gave it up; Honda with this engine should be getting 40 mph regularly (with same driving style.) After two Hyundais - one basic, one GT - I found a few amenities missing in the Honda. Understanding that the Fit is an entry-level vehicle, I still expected slightly more from a basic Honda: better seat adjustment (fore-and-aft driver's seat height adjustment, at minimum. While the vehicle is very narrow, some sort of console would be helpful, even though it does have two glove boxes. Would prefer a key fob, vs. key with locks/emergency button - it's ridiculous to spend $85 - $100 to get an extra key cut and programmed; understand this is the "wave," but it stinks. Visibility is good, but those silly extra windows in front are pointless- they're unnecessary on a car this size. Interior lighting is lacking - there is only a middle ceiling light, linked to the doors; map lights over windshield would be very helpful. A light in rear storage area would be helpful, too. Trip meter/odometer has some unnecessary features - I don't need the mileage gauge, or percentage of oil life features, but since it is entry-level, perhaps those are designed for less experienced drivers. A slightly larger oil sump and oil filter would make me happier, and the 0-20 weight oil gives me some concern. The star of this vehicle is the stowage and rear-seat versatility. The many ways to configure the back seat, and the underseat storage when it is in regular seating position is great. Best part: when lowered, rear seat back is flat with rear storage area floor - that is how it should be! Worst part, for me - it is simply ugly! I like a vehicle to be pleasing to view as I approach it; this ugly little duckling simply is not. Not even really ugly-funky-cute. But, the entire current Honda family is ugly; can't believe those aerodynamics are really necessary at speeds up to 85 mph; it certainly isn't reflected in fuel mileage. Also, those aerodynamics do nothing to help stability in wind; I have driven small cars for much of my life and have never driven anything so badly affected by wind on the road. But, again, it does what it needs to, is reasonably energy efficient, and will hold an amazing amount of stuff."

Sport Package, Leather Upgrade, Manual Trans

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty, cargo space, economical"

Cons: "Nothing comes to mind"

"This little car is amazing. We opted for the manual transmission, which we both prefer. Thought the paddles were a bit gimmicky and difficult to downshift on corners. Shifts like butter. Took the money we saved on that and purchased the leather package, and console. So pleasantly surprised. We opted for a two-tone look, grey and dark grey. They even covered the doors in leather. It looked so amazing that the dealer actually took pictures of it. It gave the interior a huge upgrade in comfort and feel. The console took care of no arm rest and more storage. The real reason we bought this was to accommodate our 4 German Shepherd Dogs. With the seats folding all the way down, they all fit comfortably and can sit perfectly upright. Their ears don't even hit the ceiling. And they are not small shepherds. Our big boy is over 100 pounds. Plus, the leather takes care of the dog hair issue. This little car is fun to drive, packs a load and gets great gas mileage for what it can carry."

So fun to drive

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"Fun to drive crazy room Paddle shifters are stupid for town, but great in the mtns. great sound system Incredibly practicable Very reliable!!!!"

Yes, best car ever!!!!

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "MILEAGE - and PARKING - and everything else!!"

Cons: "Can't think of anything"

"Since they don't make 1964 Ford Fairlanes anymore, the Fit is my absolute all time fave car. Drives great, GREAT MILEAGE - up to 53 mpg!!! Drove three days a week 180 miles, for four years. NEVER a problem. Best - yes, best - you can put most anything into it, other than a '64 Fairlane!!"

love my fit!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "MPG, spacious, fun to drive"

Cons: "no armrest, no steering wheel audio controls"

"Love everything about my 2011 base fit. When I drive gently around town, I can pull 40 MPG on my manual. Driving zippy stills gets me 32 on a regular basis, which I love! This car is tiny, but huge inside! I have fit myself, 3 grown men, three sleeping bags, two boat sails, two coolers, and 3 overnight bags in this car, and nobody was uncomfortable on the three hour drive to the boat. The back seats recline slightly, which is nice for napping passengers. Overall, I'm glad I dropped $12k on a used honda fit. I got a great deal, and love 99.99999'% of the things about it. I would recommend to anyone!"

Love this spunky, fun to drive, economical car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "responsive, great on gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "A bit unstable in windy conditions"

"I bought the car in July '13 after trading in my old car. This little car is responsive, great on gas and fun to drive. I don't put a lot of mileage on it, about 350 miles/month on average so it's perfect for me. It did wonderfully on a 850 mile road trip and I'm delighted with it. The only downside is that stability could be better in windy conditions."

If you get a Fit get the Deluxe

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Exactually good price fun to drive IN TOWN"

Cons: "Rough on on interstates"

"Bought car due to reviews, should have gotten the upgraded model, on mine the upholstery is shoddy and seems like cardboard underneath, dealer said the only difference between mine and the higher priced model was gps and sound system and the spoiler on the back, I thought the spoiler looked stupid on a hatchback so went with the lower priced Fit. Mistake, although this car has excellant gas milage it is a rough ride on interstates. Wind blows it back and forth, rough roads make it bumpy and uncomfortable.I enjoy it for town driving but don't enjoy it on the interstate.Bought new, and have only put 6000 miles on it in 1 year and 4 months and that is only because I took a trip from TX to FL. just after purchase."

What a great car... except for ride quality

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to park, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Firm ride, could benefit from 6 speed transmission"

"I cannot say enough good things about my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Bought the car used with 42k miles and it's been flawless ever since. If you have read the reviews there are two main gripes about the Honda Fit 1) the battery is barely adequate at best and 2) the ride quality is less than stellar. I've had to replace the battery, which was not terribly expensive. It's recommended to not run any sort of accessories with the engine off. I can easily see why as the battery is not much larger than the one in my motorcycle. As for the ride quality. In order to have the flat cargo floor and all of the space, something had to give. I'd classify the ride as firm, only being harsh over major bumps that'd upset any vehicle.My 15" winter tires with a taller sidewall appear to ride slightly better, but not by much. Test drive one and that'll tell you if it's something you could live with. I've taken my car on road trips all over the place, the longest being New York to Florida without any sort of surprises, even managed 36-38mpg the entire time. The engine does rev a little high on the highway, the transmission could probably benefit from a 6th gear. All in all, I must say the Honda Fit is a wonderful car. Everyone is amazed how much stuff that can fit inside, it's crazy. Yes, it's an economy car so don't have unreal expectations and you will not be disappointed. The manual transmission shifts very smooth and gets decent fuel economy. I cannot be any happier with my car. It's a Honda through and through, nothing glitzy or frivolous. Beyond highly recommend the Honda Fit."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever owned!"

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun, well-made, roomy, looks great!"

Cons: "Seats don't do much, MPG could be better."

"I have been driving my Fit Sport for about 8 months and it feels like I bought it yesterday! I am still in luv with my Fit and can't imagine driving anything else! It's fun and sporty (I like to drive again), comfortable, easy on the eyes in plum pearl metallic, great cargo space, well-built, reliable, and it's a Honda! I do have a couple of minor complaints: for the size and engine it could have better gas mileage; the seats hardly adjustable (even a hand crank to go up and down would be a big plus); and if it's windy my little Fit feels a bit unsteady (but, I don't drive on the freeway much). Still...you couldn't pry this car from my cold, dead hands. I luv it!"

Good little car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, price, comfort, head room, cute, A/C"

Cons: "color options, no Bluetooth base model"

"Great on gas. Love the MPG feature, helps you see in real time how your driving affects gas mileage. I can get 39 MPG easily if I drive 55 and take it easy. otherwise averages 33-37. Comfortable seats. Easy controls. Family friendly. Feels safe and responsive. Small visors, however, do not block sun coming in from the side if you are of shorter height."

Small light carso road noise is evident.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage; Super Storage; Excellent Condit"

"Great on gas mileage (35+ MPG) Very zippy for small engine. 5th gear at 2800 RPM gets 60 MPH. Back seats fold flat (unlike another brand of small hatchback) giving plenty of storage space. Engine is efficient and quiet."

Awesome Car for the price

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Perfect size, road trips, great value"

Cons: "Road Noise, Mileage, Tire selection"

"I bought my Fit brand new in 2010. It has 52K miles on it as of writing this review. In that time, I have had literally ZERO problems. Besides general maintenance, such as break pads, oil changes, tires etc, I haven't had to replace or fix anything. So as far as value, it has been outstanding. The seats are comfortable enough, we've taken it on many 12 hour road trips and it is fine. The cup holders are conveniently placed and the split folding rear seats are extremely versatile and allow for the hauling of things that seem like they wouldn't fit. The stock speakers are decent enough and the AUX input and USB hookups are convenient for running music apps like Spotify and such. It has held its resale value great. For example, I paid just over 17k in 2010 and now private party value is about 12K, 4 years and 50,000 miles later, it still a great resale. Some of the cons of this car. The gas mileage leaves a little to be desired. Now, on road trips I average 40MPG, but around town I average 29MPG, to me that seems a little low. Also, there is a amazingly annoying wash board sound. Around town you don't really notice it, but on long drives it makes me feels like my brain is oozing out my ears. Researching forums, other owners have the same problem. Another thing, the 2010 Honda Fit Sport take a size 185-55R-16. This is an extremely hard tire to find. And good luck finding a used one. In four years owning this car, I have always had to special order the tires, no one carries them. Not really a big problem, but when i had a flat, I had to run one the donut for 2 days waiting on a tire. And the tires are expensive. All in all, I would recommend this vehicle. For the price, it is an extremely good value. The tires and soul crushing road noise aside."

great mileage, easy to drive.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "in expensive to drive 37mpg. $9000 cash"

Cons: "has 4 cup holders, and plenty of room for grocerie"

"Great little car, I'm looking for a used pick-up as I need the hauling space for my dogs.I have never had an ounce of trouble with it. roomy back seat."

50,000 miles later

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "practical, economical, well equipped, reliable"

Cons: "need place to put sunglasses, want sunroof"

"2011 base automatic bought new principally for commuting (30 miles each way). Average 35+ mpg. Original tires worn out at 40,000 miles, original battery replaced in 2014. Other than that, only oil changes. Excellent value, reliable, versatile, well-equipped, but with some quirks- there's a space in the console with cupholders and a tray for coins and whatnot, but it's too far forward to be of much use. Why no overhead storage for sunglasses, like minivans were doing 30 years ago? And I'd pay for a factory sunroof if they offered one. The carpet material by my right foot is wearing out. Can't complain too much, though- the car is amazingly well equipped for the price. It is smooth, quiet, easy to drive, easy to park, and can hold a lot of stuff when you fold the seats down. And the tall roofline means I don't bash my head getting in and out."

Roomy interior, can carry lots.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "price, cargo space, gas mileage, pep"

Cons: "limited options, one plug for phone/ipod"

"The Fit is a nice little car for the price. It has lots of pep and it's very easy to park. The gas mileage is pretty good. Service is excellent. No problems to report. However, it's low on amenities, low on technology and the hatch is hard to open and close."

It is good car for daily activity

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"It is convenient for local driver"

This is a great car and a great value

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Flexible interior configuration, reliable, 30 mpg"

Cons: "very low to ground, must use snow tires"

"I always do a lot of research before purchasing a car. When I was shopping in 2010, the Honda Fit was rated very favorably by Consumer Reports, and when I went to look at one, I was amazed by the roomy interior. Lots of headroom and the seats can be configured many different ways which provides wonderful flexibility. I've been able to pack bicycles, golf clubs, large plants, vacuums, suitcases and a lot of boxes in my Fit that probably wouldn't 'fit' in a standard compact car. The interior is nice but not fancy. The ride is only average but typical for a subcompact. Of course the gas mileage is amazing (30 mpg over 4 years). Typical Honda reliability with absolutely no problems or repairs. I suggest you invest in a good set of snow tires if you want to drive in winter weather. If you are looking for a compact or subcompact, this is a great selection and has retained its value. I tell everyone that this is a great car!"