2014 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

Invoice N/A

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Overall good value from long time owner

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reason: Crashed it

Pros: "Value, exterior design, interior flexibility"

Cons: "Road Noise, Interior fabric materials"

"Bought an 09 Fit Sport new in 2008 and put 128K miles on it till I crashed it (my fault) in December 2014. 10 for reliability as I only changed oil, tires, brakes (twice). Had to add Freon a few times as cooling system had flaw in this year. Factory tire size is goofy and hard to come by so buy a close match and ask your tire dealer. Also be advised this car has a timing chain not belt (yes!). Resale value is a 10 as used fit's are hot and sell well. Exterior design and interior flexibility are awesome. Road noise is pronounced so I hope you like the radio loud. Interior fabric is very cheap and the biggest negative I have on the car. Overall a very reliable, cool looking, great value car."

excellent car, wish it were a little bigger!

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "all pros"

Cons: "a little too small for my needs"

"this car is excellent."

Goldilocks car -- Just right!

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

"After 18 years of Accords I wanted a car that was taller, narrower, and shorter. The Fit really fits. Plus it is comfy, versatile, and oh so cute."

Very dissappionted

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, great utility usage of space,"

Cons: "service problems, paint fading"

"I thought that this would be my last car to purchase knowing that Hondas are reliable or that's what we are told. I have enjoyed this car until recently. After 5 years and only 27000 miles, I have had several repairs. The most notworthy was the ac fan motor had to be replaced last year. However, now the paint is fading on the hood and top, even with the sealant which was purchased. I do keep it in garage. I have had to replace the tires and battery. It is having rattle issues of late. It does bottom out very easily and you have to be careful at low spots. It has a lot of road noise, I cannot hear the phone. This is not the car's fault, but I have had several near collisions, side swipes, lately. I am not sure if the car cannot be seen,it is red, because of the small size or if folks are not paying attention. However very good gas mileage, better than advertised. Very good utility useage of space. I do like those features. I am sorry to say I would not buy this car again."

Small car, big room, could be better

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Good space usage, fairly decent mileage for size"

Cons: "Needs a few amenities"

"When the Fit was first introduced, I thought "that's my next car". A year ago, I purchased a used 2011, in a bit of a hurry as I was in a state of need. It does everything it needs to, has excellent space usability, is pretty comfortable - even on long road trips, and gets fairly good gas mileage. It has been decent in snow, and I have only put snow tires on the front, thus far. I like the narrow wheels!! There are a few disappointments, for me. This vehicle, at its weight, with standard transmission should be getting much better gas mileage. My 2004 Hyundai Elantra with 150K was still getting 32-33 mpg when I gave it up; Honda with this engine should be getting 40 mph regularly (with same driving style.) After two Hyundais - one basic, one GT - I found a few amenities missing in the Honda. Understanding that the Fit is an entry-level vehicle, I still expected slightly more from a basic Honda: better seat adjustment (fore-and-aft driver's seat height adjustment, at minimum. While the vehicle is very narrow, some sort of console would be helpful, even though it does have two glove boxes. Would prefer a key fob, vs. key with locks/emergency button - it's ridiculous to spend $85 - $100 to get an extra key cut and programmed; understand this is the "wave," but it stinks. Visibility is good, but those silly extra windows in front are pointless- they're unnecessary on a car this size. Interior lighting is lacking - there is only a middle ceiling light, linked to the doors; map lights over windshield would be very helpful. A light in rear storage area would be helpful, too. Trip meter/odometer has some unnecessary features - I don't need the mileage gauge, or percentage of oil life features, but since it is entry-level, perhaps those are designed for less experienced drivers. A slightly larger oil sump and oil filter would make me happier, and the 0-20 weight oil gives me some concern. The star of this vehicle is the stowage and rear-seat versatility. The many ways to configure the back seat, and the underseat storage when it is in regular seating position is great. Best part: when lowered, rear seat back is flat with rear storage area floor - that is how it should be! Worst part, for me - it is simply ugly! I like a vehicle to be pleasing to view as I approach it; this ugly little duckling simply is not. Not even really ugly-funky-cute. But, the entire current Honda family is ugly; can't believe those aerodynamics are really necessary at speeds up to 85 mph; it certainly isn't reflected in fuel mileage. Also, those aerodynamics do nothing to help stability in wind; I have driven small cars for much of my life and have never driven anything so badly affected by wind on the road. But, again, it does what it needs to, is reasonably energy efficient, and will hold an amazing amount of stuff."