2014 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

Invoice N/A

Based on 273 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Small car, big room, could be better

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Good space usage, fairly decent mileage for size"

Cons: "Needs a few amenities"

"When the Fit was first introduced, I thought "that's my next car". A year ago, I purchased a used 2011, in a bit of a hurry as I was in a state of need. It does everything it needs to, has excellent space usability, is pretty comfortable - even on long road trips, and gets fairly good gas mileage. It has been decent in snow, and I have only put snow tires on the front, thus far. I like the narrow wheels!! There are a few disappointments, for me. This vehicle, at its weight, with standard transmission should be getting much better gas mileage. My 2004 Hyundai Elantra with 150K was still getting 32-33 mpg when I gave it up; Honda with this engine should be getting 40 mph regularly (with same driving style.) After two Hyundais - one basic, one GT - I found a few amenities missing in the Honda. Understanding that the Fit is an entry-level vehicle, I still expected slightly more from a basic Honda: better seat adjustment (fore-and-aft driver's seat height adjustment, at minimum. While the vehicle is very narrow, some sort of console would be helpful, even though it does have two glove boxes. Would prefer a key fob, vs. key with locks/emergency button - it's ridiculous to spend $85 - $100 to get an extra key cut and programmed; understand this is the "wave," but it stinks. Visibility is good, but those silly extra windows in front are pointless- they're unnecessary on a car this size. Interior lighting is lacking - there is only a middle ceiling light, linked to the doors; map lights over windshield would be very helpful. A light in rear storage area would be helpful, too. Trip meter/odometer has some unnecessary features - I don't need the mileage gauge, or percentage of oil life features, but since it is entry-level, perhaps those are designed for less experienced drivers. A slightly larger oil sump and oil filter would make me happier, and the 0-20 weight oil gives me some concern. The star of this vehicle is the stowage and rear-seat versatility. The many ways to configure the back seat, and the underseat storage when it is in regular seating position is great. Best part: when lowered, rear seat back is flat with rear storage area floor - that is how it should be! Worst part, for me - it is simply ugly! I like a vehicle to be pleasing to view as I approach it; this ugly little duckling simply is not. Not even really ugly-funky-cute. But, the entire current Honda family is ugly; can't believe those aerodynamics are really necessary at speeds up to 85 mph; it certainly isn't reflected in fuel mileage. Also, those aerodynamics do nothing to help stability in wind; I have driven small cars for much of my life and have never driven anything so badly affected by wind on the road. But, again, it does what it needs to, is reasonably energy efficient, and will hold an amazing amount of stuff."

Sport Package, Leather Upgrade, Manual Trans

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty, cargo space, economical"

Cons: "Nothing comes to mind"

"This little car is amazing. We opted for the manual transmission, which we both prefer. Thought the paddles were a bit gimmicky and difficult to downshift on corners. Shifts like butter. Took the money we saved on that and purchased the leather package, and console. So pleasantly surprised. We opted for a two-tone look, grey and dark grey. They even covered the doors in leather. It looked so amazing that the dealer actually took pictures of it. It gave the interior a huge upgrade in comfort and feel. The console took care of no arm rest and more storage. The real reason we bought this was to accommodate our 4 German Shepherd Dogs. With the seats folding all the way down, they all fit comfortably and can sit perfectly upright. Their ears don't even hit the ceiling. And they are not small shepherds. Our big boy is over 100 pounds. Plus, the leather takes care of the dog hair issue. This little car is fun to drive, packs a load and gets great gas mileage for what it can carry."

So fun to drive

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"Fun to drive crazy room Paddle shifters are stupid for town, but great in the mtns. great sound system Incredibly practicable Very reliable!!!!"

Yes, best car ever!!!!

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "MILEAGE - and PARKING - and everything else!!"

Cons: "Can't think of anything"

"Since they don't make 1964 Ford Fairlanes anymore, the Fit is my absolute all time fave car. Drives great, GREAT MILEAGE - up to 53 mpg!!! Drove three days a week 180 miles, for four years. NEVER a problem. Best - yes, best - you can put most anything into it, other than a '64 Fairlane!!"

love my fit!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "MPG, spacious, fun to drive"

Cons: "no armrest, no steering wheel audio controls"

"Love everything about my 2011 base fit. When I drive gently around town, I can pull 40 MPG on my manual. Driving zippy stills gets me 32 on a regular basis, which I love! This car is tiny, but huge inside! I have fit myself, 3 grown men, three sleeping bags, two boat sails, two coolers, and 3 overnight bags in this car, and nobody was uncomfortable on the three hour drive to the boat. The back seats recline slightly, which is nice for napping passengers. Overall, I'm glad I dropped $12k on a used honda fit. I got a great deal, and love 99.99999'% of the things about it. I would recommend to anyone!"