• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Awesome Car for the price

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Perfect size, road trips, great value"

Cons: "Road Noise, Mileage, Tire selection"

"I bought my Fit brand new in 2010. It has 52K miles on it as of writing this review. In that time, I have had literally ZERO problems. Besides general maintenance, such as break pads, oil changes, tires etc, I haven't had to replace or fix anything. So as far as value, it has been outstanding. The seats are comfortable enough, we've taken it on many 12 hour road trips and it is fine. The cup holders are conveniently placed and the split folding rear seats are extremely versatile and allow for the hauling of things that seem like they wouldn't fit. The stock speakers are decent enough and the AUX input and USB hookups are convenient for running music apps like Spotify and such. It has held its resale value great. For example, I paid just over 17k in 2010 and now private party value is about 12K, 4 years and 50,000 miles later, it still a great resale. Some of the cons of this car. The gas mileage leaves a little to be desired. Now, on road trips I average 40MPG, but around town I average 29MPG, to me that seems a little low. Also, there is a amazingly annoying wash board sound. Around town you don't really notice it, but on long drives it makes me feels like my brain is oozing out my ears. Researching forums, other owners have the same problem. Another thing, the 2010 Honda Fit Sport take a size 185-55R-16. This is an extremely hard tire to find. And good luck finding a used one. In four years owning this car, I have always had to special order the tires, no one carries them. Not really a big problem, but when i had a flat, I had to run one the donut for 2 days waiting on a tire. And the tires are expensive. All in all, I would recommend this vehicle. For the price, it is an extremely good value. The tires and soul crushing road noise aside."

great mileage, easy to drive.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "in expensive to drive 37mpg. $9000 cash"

Cons: "has 4 cup holders, and plenty of room for grocerie"

"Great little car, I'm looking for a used pick-up as I need the hauling space for my dogs.I have never had an ounce of trouble with it. roomy back seat."

50,000 miles later

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "practical, economical, well equipped, reliable"

Cons: "need place to put sunglasses, want sunroof"

"2011 base automatic bought new principally for commuting (30 miles each way). Average 35+ mpg. Original tires worn out at 40,000 miles, original battery replaced in 2014. Other than that, only oil changes. Excellent value, reliable, versatile, well-equipped, but with some quirks- there's a space in the console with cupholders and a tray for coins and whatnot, but it's too far forward to be of much use. Why no overhead storage for sunglasses, like minivans were doing 30 years ago? And I'd pay for a factory sunroof if they offered one. The carpet material by my right foot is wearing out. Can't complain too much, though- the car is amazingly well equipped for the price. It is smooth, quiet, easy to drive, easy to park, and can hold a lot of stuff when you fold the seats down. And the tall roofline means I don't bash my head getting in and out."

Roomy interior, can carry lots.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "price, cargo space, gas mileage, pep"

Cons: "limited options, one plug for phone/ipod"

"The Fit is a nice little car for the price. It has lots of pep and it's very easy to park. The gas mileage is pretty good. Service is excellent. No problems to report. However, it's low on amenities, low on technology and the hatch is hard to open and close."

It is good car for daily activity

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"It is convenient for local driver"

This is a great car and a great value

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Flexible interior configuration, reliable, 30 mpg"

Cons: "very low to ground, must use snow tires"

"I always do a lot of research before purchasing a car. When I was shopping in 2010, the Honda Fit was rated very favorably by Consumer Reports, and when I went to look at one, I was amazed by the roomy interior. Lots of headroom and the seats can be configured many different ways which provides wonderful flexibility. I've been able to pack bicycles, golf clubs, large plants, vacuums, suitcases and a lot of boxes in my Fit that probably wouldn't 'fit' in a standard compact car. The interior is nice but not fancy. The ride is only average but typical for a subcompact. Of course the gas mileage is amazing (30 mpg over 4 years). Typical Honda reliability with absolutely no problems or repairs. I suggest you invest in a good set of snow tires if you want to drive in winter weather. If you are looking for a compact or subcompact, this is a great selection and has retained its value. I tell everyone that this is a great car!"

Very disappointed

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Very pretty from the outside"

Cons: "Impossible to keep clean, access, road noise"

"I was really excited to buy this car 6 months ago, but I am very unimpressed. That said, part of the problem is that I downsized from a Plymouth Grand Voyager, and this car is just too small and low to suit me as an older (65) overweight woman. When I am parked between other cars and can't fully open the driver's door, it is very difficult for me to get out of this car as my foot catches on the door leaving it scuffed up all the time. The black velcro-like upholstery catches and holds every bit of grass, dirt, etc. and every speck of dust shows on the dash and instrument panel. Even a good vacuum at the car wash is unable to remove it all. I assume the fit of the doors is not tight, because the areas around them get very dirty. The road noise is high, so my $1,000 custom stereo was a waste of money unless I'm sitting in my driveway. The slope of the front windshield is such that it reflects the dash in some light, turning almost opaque and making it difficult to see out. The back seats are heavy and difficult to reposition. All in all, this sardine can is obviously a skinny young person's car. I will be trading it as soon as I can afford to."

Buy one!

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, great price, reliable, and cute!"

Cons: "A little noisy inside."

"Perfect for me. Dependable, cute, saves gas, roomier than it looks on the outside. Lots of storage, especially when you turn down the back seat. I may buy another FIT the next time I want a new car."

Pretty Decent Little Car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, price point"

Cons: "AC issues, navigation system"

"This is a great little car for driving around the city and gets great gas mileage. However, because it is an extremely lightweight vehicle one should know that it takes special attention when driving on the highway in excessive wind as it will be easily blown around. Additionally, as the car sits quite low, it makes navigating in snowy conditions a bit tricky and any small stone can kick up underneath the car and cause damage to the AC hose making repairs costly (speaking from experience). We primarily drive the Fit in the spring thru fall months and it is taken in for all planned maintenance and oil changes so imagine our surprise when we had to take it in at around 20,000 miles (less than 5 years old)for a navigation system issue to find that we are staring at a charge of between $900-$1,000 to fix. If we had to do it over, we would not purchase this vehicle with the navigation system. We have owned numerous Hondas over the past 30 years and have never owned one with as many issues as the Fit but it is a relatively decent little car for getting around the city and for the price point."

Solid value

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "value car, great handling, space, inexpensive"

Cons: "not good looking, lacks power"

"Good point A to B car. Great handling and lots of space in this class of vehicle. Not the most attractive looking car on the market however."

Great small car for town or city driving.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "The best of the bunch"

Cons: "Would prefer seat fabric to be more "Element" like"

"Good ingress/egress. Good driving position, good visibility, great driving dynamics. Spacious, flexible seating and storage configurations. Good price point, value, resale. Better for quick trips or routine driving in or around town or city. Ride is a tad harsh. Cabin is noisy, especially at highway speeds. Controls are simple and easy to reach. For what it is and what it is intended to be, I think it has no equal. I would recommend it to anyone with appropriate driving requirements."

Suprisingly fun daily driver

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Fantastic utility. Sips fuel. Reliable."

Cons: "Not the cheapest or best value in class."

"This is the car I've driven for the past several years as my daily driver. I've found it to be a trouble free ownership experience, so far I've done nothing but the recommended maintenance, no surprise expenses. The fuel economy has been decent for it's class, usually in the low to mid 30's in mostly city driving with occasional highway. I probably have more of a lead foot then most. I would definitely have preferred the manual, but since my wife was gonna be driving it... The paddle shifters are an ok substitute for an actual shifter, though on the handful of times I've taken it to the track the paddles can be hard to find and slow to react if you pick the wrong gear for a corner, easy to do with the lack of torque. But manage to keep the revs and momentum up and it feels pretty quick. The handling has been adequate, nothing to blow you away even on extreme performance summer tires, but the steering feel is pretty amazing for a front wheel drive car. It goes where you point it with very little of the vagueness you get with most of the cars in this class. Storage is also cavernous for the class due to the clever packaging of the rear seats."

Solid performer; superb handling and gas mileage.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving; great mileage; lots of cargo space"

Cons: "None, really."

"Gas mileage much better than advertised. With no highway driving, stop and go city traffic gives 31-to-34 mpg. Highway driving at a steady 70 mph on cruise control gives an incredible 48 mpg, and I've tested this over and over so I know it is true. But even better, at a steady 55 mph on cruise control gives 58 mpg. Both of these figures have been tested with air conditioning on and off, and the difference is undetectable. My only complaint with the Fit is that the glass fogs easily with two people on board, which means that either windshield defrost or the air conditioner must be on."

Best small car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, roominess, easy fold down for cargo"

Cons: "A little pricey but worth it."

"I've driven this car thru 5 MN winters and it's never failed me. It may not be the fastest car but the tight maneuverability makes up for it. The interior is roomy. Big people get in & are amazed at the comfort, etc. The fold down sets in the hatchback are so simple & I can accommodate a lot of cargo. I love it even after all this time. It still feels like a new car, no rattles even on the MN potholes."

Happy! Happy! HAppy!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

"We've been very pleased with the reliability, high gas mileage (40 mpg overall) and overall quality of the Fit."

NOT FOR WINTERS!!!!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Breaks lock up when car is not in balance"

"The car itself is comfortable. Wonderful windows and lovely stereo. This kicks up to 80 miles an hour in nothing flat. However........Not for winters. Driving in an ice storm is horrific. The breaks lock up and throws the car off balance. If your looking for an all season car?? Don't buy this one. Great for summer drives."

Great vehicle for my daughter

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, peppy"

Cons: "Road noise, but expectede in small car"

"I purchased two of these one for each of my daughters. Excellent car, safe and economical."

Wonderful city car

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Good on gas, nimble, lots of cargo room"

Cons: "Dont take any long road trips"

"I have a 2010 Fit Sport Stick and I love it. I have taken to calling it the Tartis, because it is much bigger on the inside than it looks. There is plenty of cargo room in the back, you can fold the rear seats down or up to fit your needs (see what I did there). Even with is small car rating the front seats are quite roomy. 4 Adults can easily fit in the car. Its great on gas, I get upper 30's and I'm not exactly driving with economy in mind. I have no mechanical problems with the car. It is quick and nimble. It is not the fastest car out there, but it is not under powered. In the stick version it performs its best in the lower gears. I have taken this car on a 10 hour road trip and my only gripe is that the seats are not the best for a long haul trip like that. If you are looking for car to get around town in, this is the car for you. Easy to park, great gas mileage, plenty of cargo room. If you are looking at a small SUV but do not need 4x4, this car is a perfect fit."

Wonderful city car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Good on gas, nimble, lots of cargo room"

Cons: "Dont take any long road trips"

Reliable and simple transportation

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Head room, reliability, controls, visibility"

Cons: "Small gas tank, cheaper looking plastics"

"Cons: A bigger gas tank would be nice. Some plastic fit has small gaps. Exterior for my base model is a bit bland. A little noisy cabin but better than some older Hondas. Gas mileage suffers considerably due to aerodynamics at higher speeds. In my experience using the average gas mileage computer and calm wind conditions: 55mph = ~45mpg 65mph = ~40mpg 70mph = ~37mpg 75mph = ~33mpg 80mph = ~28mpg Pros: Excellent head room front and back. After 19,000 miles no repairs need. Easy to use controls. Good visibility. Good amount of space for cargo with seats down. Ride is pretty comfortable. Regular maintenance interval is between 7000 - 9000 miles, which saves time by not having to visit dealer/shops often."

Great car around town or for short trips.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Although noisy and a tad harsh, it is a great handling little car with excellent space and versatility. Sticker price not cheap, but reasonable when compared to competition and overall quality of the vehicle. To drive in town or just for short trips, I prefer it to my CRV. Also, for short, thick people such as myself, it is easy to get into and out of (the car). I am looking forward to driving the 2015 model soon to hit dealer showrooms."

i really regret it

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "small,good view from inside"

Cons: "very pricey,loud,no blutooth,not a gas saver,"

"When i bought my fit i thought that i would enjoy a lot this car.first disappointment was with the gas,this car burns a lot of gas for a little car. through winter i am not getting anything over 29 miles per gallon. engine too noise if you not playing the radio it will bother you. i could say more but my advise is,get a civic for just a little more and you will be all right."

It Fits!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing. It does exactly what it should perfectly!"

"This vehicle goes about it's daily tasks with little fanfare and you really dont ever find yourself saying "I need a different car to do ......." The Fit really does just about everything and gets us an average of 37 MPG's around town. Only 34 MPG's on the highway though. ZERO issues with it since we bought it too. Love our fit!"

Great (big dog) mobile!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "$20 every 10-14 days gas."

Cons: "None really."

"Have owned just under a year. Elected to put snow tires on for winter and have had no problems with ice, snow, or water. have traveled from Omaha to Oregon coast and to Toronto. Averaging 30.3 to 30.7 mpg mixed hwy/city. Highway is over 35. Surprisingly good with mountains. Have Sport with paddle shift which I really like and use for downshifting mainly. The back seats go up which I can find in no other vehicle than Ridgeline (which i have owned too). This permits all 4 tires to be put in there after had winter tires put on. But biggest plus it is a great dog cave. My 130 lb Newfoundland loves it!! (Picture came out sideways). Nice sound system. VERY functional. So much storage everywhere. Gr8 value!"

"FANTASTIC car" !!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage !!!!!!"

Cons: "couldn't afford leather/no locking door 4 gas cap"

"I bought this car new and loved it from the start !!!! During the winter, (very little A/C use) I am getting between 35-35.7 mpg. combination city/hwy. During the summer I am getting 32-32.6 mpg. The best I've gotten was 40.5 mpg on a trip to the Longview area from San Antonio and back. I drive 60 mph when the limit is 65 and 65 is the fastest I drive even when the limit is 80 on the toll roads. I can't believe, but am THANKFUL, for the GREAT gas mileage !!!!"