• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,166 - $15,485.

10/7.2

Based on 245 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great vehicle for my daughter

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, peppy"

Cons: "Road noise, but expectede in small car"

"I purchased two of these one for each of my daughters. Excellent car, safe and economical."

Wonderful city car

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Good on gas, nimble, lots of cargo room"

Cons: "Dont take any long road trips"

"I have a 2010 Fit Sport Stick and I love it. I have taken to calling it the Tartis, because it is much bigger on the inside than it looks. There is plenty of cargo room in the back, you can fold the rear seats down or up to fit your needs (see what I did there). Even with is small car rating the front seats are quite roomy. 4 Adults can easily fit in the car. Its great on gas, I get upper 30's and I'm not exactly driving with economy in mind. I have no mechanical problems with the car. It is quick and nimble. It is not the fastest car out there, but it is not under powered. In the stick version it performs its best in the lower gears. I have taken this car on a 10 hour road trip and my only gripe is that the seats are not the best for a long haul trip like that. If you are looking for car to get around town in, this is the car for you. Easy to park, great gas mileage, plenty of cargo room. If you are looking at a small SUV but do not need 4x4, this car is a perfect fit."

Wonderful city car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Good on gas, nimble, lots of cargo room"

Cons: "Dont take any long road trips"

Reliable and simple transportation

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Head room, reliability, controls, visibility"

Cons: "Small gas tank, cheaper looking plastics"

"Cons: A bigger gas tank would be nice. Some plastic fit has small gaps. Exterior for my base model is a bit bland. A little noisy cabin but better than some older Hondas. Gas mileage suffers considerably due to aerodynamics at higher speeds. In my experience using the average gas mileage computer and calm wind conditions: 55mph = ~45mpg 65mph = ~40mpg 70mph = ~37mpg 75mph = ~33mpg 80mph = ~28mpg Pros: Excellent head room front and back. After 19,000 miles no repairs need. Easy to use controls. Good visibility. Good amount of space for cargo with seats down. Ride is pretty comfortable. Regular maintenance interval is between 7000 - 9000 miles, which saves time by not having to visit dealer/shops often."

Great car around town or for short trips.

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Although noisy and a tad harsh, it is a great handling little car with excellent space and versatility. Sticker price not cheap, but reasonable when compared to competition and overall quality of the vehicle. To drive in town or just for short trips, I prefer it to my CRV. Also, for short, thick people such as myself, it is easy to get into and out of (the car). I am looking forward to driving the 2015 model soon to hit dealer showrooms."

i really regret it

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "small,good view from inside"

Cons: "very pricey,loud,no blutooth,not a gas saver,"

"When i bought my fit i thought that i would enjoy a lot this car.first disappointment was with the gas,this car burns a lot of gas for a little car. through winter i am not getting anything over 29 miles per gallon. engine too noise if you not playing the radio it will bother you. i could say more but my advise is,get a civic for just a little more and you will be all right."

It Fits!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing. It does exactly what it should perfectly!"

"This vehicle goes about it's daily tasks with little fanfare and you really dont ever find yourself saying "I need a different car to do ......." The Fit really does just about everything and gets us an average of 37 MPG's around town. Only 34 MPG's on the highway though. ZERO issues with it since we bought it too. Love our fit!"

Great (big dog) mobile!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "$20 every 10-14 days gas."

Cons: "None really."

"Have owned just under a year. Elected to put snow tires on for winter and have had no problems with ice, snow, or water. have traveled from Omaha to Oregon coast and to Toronto. Averaging 30.3 to 30.7 mpg mixed hwy/city. Highway is over 35. Surprisingly good with mountains. Have Sport with paddle shift which I really like and use for downshifting mainly. The back seats go up which I can find in no other vehicle than Ridgeline (which i have owned too). This permits all 4 tires to be put in there after had winter tires put on. But biggest plus it is a great dog cave. My 130 lb Newfoundland loves it!! (Picture came out sideways). Nice sound system. VERY functional. So much storage everywhere. Gr8 value!"

"FANTASTIC car" !!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage !!!!!!"

Cons: "couldn't afford leather/no locking door 4 gas cap"

"I bought this car new and loved it from the start !!!! During the winter, (very little A/C use) I am getting between 35-35.7 mpg. combination city/hwy. During the summer I am getting 32-32.6 mpg. The best I've gotten was 40.5 mpg on a trip to the Longview area from San Antonio and back. I drive 60 mph when the limit is 65 and 65 is the fastest I drive even when the limit is 80 on the toll roads. I can't believe, but am THANKFUL, for the GREAT gas mileage !!!!"

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage and room"

Cons: "not the smoothest ride"

"This car is much roomier than you would think. My husband is 6'4" and there is plenty of room for him!"

great utility vehicle. very handy around town.

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "utility, luggage space, dependable"

Cons: "safety! around town handling."

"overall very handy and dependable vehicle around town. very concerned about safety after learning that it ranked # 10 in recent federal crash tests. hope honda offers to offer increased safety assistance or financial assistance on a new vehicle."

plenty of room, great gas mileage

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, reliable"

Cons: "road noise"

"This car has plenty of room for the whole family: two adults, two kids, dog, beach stuff, shopping bags, or even all of the above. Versatile back seat, overall storage maxes out to the equivalent of a mid-sized SUV. Now in the 4th year of ownership and I've still had no mechanical failures. All the stuff still works, and here's what I use a lot: window up/down, cruise control CD player, MP3 player, back seat fold, A/C. It used to get combined city/hwy 33+ mpg, lately it's been getting 32+, and we're talking regular 87 octane gas. It's a true gas sipper on the hwy, I live in FL with lots of straight, flat roads where it gets 44-48 mpg when there's no wind. If you want low total cost of ownership, this is your car. Around town it can get 52 mpg at the right speed/gear. You lose your mpg efficiency on acceleration b/c it has enough power to pull into traffic."

Nice well designed car !!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Reliable. Cheap to insure/maintain."

Cons: "Could use more HP, less interior plastics."

"Overall, a nice car. Dependable, good on gas, good build quality, handles great. What would make this car even better, would be a turbo direct injection engine, less plastic in the cabin. In conclusion, and on a scale of 1 -9, it's a Solid 9."

I plan to buy a newer model of the same car.

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, cute, spacious, great mileage"

Cons: "Poor windshield design"

"My ONLY criticism of the Honda Fit is its poor front windshield design. By that I mean that the pylons that attach the roof to the body of the vehicle are too big. Aside from that, gas mileage is great as long as you remember to accelerate gently."

This car FITS my lifestyle

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price,lg cargo area,fun to drive,Gas economy"

Cons: "Not really any."

"I bought this car in 2009 because it was small & my wheelchair fit in the back section and there was still room for 4 people to ride comfortably. I've driven it in ice, rain, windy conditions & it really is a wonderful car."

Worst windshields ever!!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Honda reliability"

Cons: "Cheap awful windshields"

"I've owned this car for two years and am on my second windshield. Two months after buying it, a tiny stone hit the windshield and a crack developed. I replaced it this year and two months after, another stone hit it and now it's cracked again! I live in a normal suburban area and don't travel major highways often, the road conditions are normal. Dealer will do nothing for me and neither will Honda. I owned a Toyota for 12 years going up and down the major highway on the East Coast. Many stones hit that windshield and even left dings in it, it never cracked. Can I have my Toyota back again...pleeeeeease!?"

Great little car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to park, it FITs"

Cons: "No auto climate control"

"It will go 400 miles on less than 10 gallons of gas at 55 to 60 mph. The AC and heat needs more work to be right, always haveing to adjusting the temp up and down and there is a noticeable draft on the door panels when its cold out. I would still recommend this car"

Superb around town;capable for long trips

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage, Price, Handling, Cargo Space, Quality"

"Marvelous small car with many of the attributes of larger ones. Good handling for size. Very stable and nimble. High speed on Interstate roads requires attention, but is not uncomfortable nor difficult. Small wheelbase makes handling in tight places easy. With rear seats down, has large cargo space for size. Great gas mileage. Comfortable front seats for normally sized people; rear seating OK for short trips. Thoughtful placement and number of cup holders and other convenience items. High quality of fit and finish throughout."

A very "efficient" machine

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Space, visibility, fun to drive, gas millage."

Cons: "I little nervous above 70 mph."

"After driving a SUV I wanted something different and decided to go for the most "practical" car I could find. The Fit is very practical and is fun to drive. The visibility out of the car is excellent and the ability to haul stuff is also outstanding. Car handles very well and of course gets great gas millage. As for reliability, its a Honda. Drawbacks? There is a good amount of road noise and at high speeds the car has a tendency to "bounce" around. You could drive it across country but I would take a bigger heavier car. Around town and for day drives no problem."

best small car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage-cargo space"

Cons: "can't find any"

"This has been the best small car we have ever owned. The gas mileage is superb. Plenty of room inside with the seats down, can carry a tremendous amout of cargo for a small car. Highly recommend this car and would definatley buy another."

I wouldn't buy this car again because...

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "solid car.no problems."

Cons: "interior is cheap cheap cheap"

"the interior material is horrible. Can't get dirt or dog hair off. Cheap. The rest of the car lives up to expectations of a Honda car."

Would be perfect with better electric steering.

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Great cargo area and gas mileage."

Cons: "Terrible electric steering system."

"The Fit shows all the excellence in design and execution that Honda is known for. With the seats down you can unload a boxcar into the cargo area. I drive 65mph commuting & average 38.5 MPG. The ride is a bit choppy but shifting is crisp and accurate. My sole complaint is the electric steering. There is no road feel or sensitivity so in the real world I wander down the road jerking from side to side because even the tiniest input throws the car around. I cannot relax a moment behind the wheel. In sum, if you want to pick up groceries, the dog, several major appliances and head across town for the kids, this is the car for you. If you travel more than 60 miles on a regular basis, put a few miles on one before you buy it."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "small, hard to see in parking lot."

"I bought it new in 2009 trading in my Honda CRV, I was worried about changing from a SUV to a compact car, but it drives ilike a bigger car in its visibility and interior. It maneuvers Luke a tiny car which makes it fun and easy to drive. I haven't had any repairs required, its been perfect."

great configuration, decent engine, cheap interior

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "very versatile car, fun to drive, cargo"

Cons: "needy steering on the highway, cheap interior"

"This car does everything a basic car should do, it gets you and a lot of your stuff from a to b. It is a foot shorter than my old sedan, and can haul a lot more stuff in the process. It looks tiny on the outside, but is cavernous on the inside. The rear magic seats are rarely ever down, I use that area to haul groceries, etc. The hatchback is very useful for me in my day job because I can load up my tools, equipment, etc in the rain without getting wet since the hatch provides cover. Driving position is high, due to the fact that the gas tank is under your seat, which allows a lower cargo floor in the back. Engine bay has a smaller battery than typical sized 12v, not sure how much a replacement will cost or availability. The engine is sized for economy but if you spank it you'll get moving when you need to. I have the paddle shifters which don't make the car any faster but make it easier to drive in rush hour stop/go, they also help keep the car 'spun up' at the right rpm to do what you need to do (on-ramp, passing, etc). I read online that manual mode is useful on the interstate to reduce downshifts on hills, I find this to be true. My all around mpg is higher than honda's est of 29/33, way more, I get 33 in the city and 42 on the highway if I don't push it and if I don't have something on the hitch rack. Interior is a bit of a let down for the money, I wish it was beige or gray, shows dirt too easily. I immediately added a new center console with full-size arm rest from college hills honda, took me about 30 minutes. On the highway this car does not track well, it requires constant attention to keep straight, I think this is a combination of huge side area and very narrow tires, I may try to use wider tires when the time for replacement comes. The headlights are great, the noise level is low for the auto, I've heard the manual is noisier. I love the stereo with usb plug in the glove box, I didn't get the navi. I added a 1.25" hitch so I could mount my bike on a hitch rack, no issues there. Climate controls are very simple, easy to adjust, kind of retro for a 2012 car. I wish the rear cargo light had an on/off switch, went camping recently and wanted to turn it off manually, though it does turn off after several minutes. I think there is an acura cargo light with switch that fits this spot exactly, I may upgrade. All in all a very practical, cheap to own/drive car that is sporty-feeling and well made, with just a few minor annoyances that I can live with."

love! great fuel mileage. so utilitarian

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive. wonderful gas mileage,"

Cons: "not so great on long trip, some road noise"

"bought car new in order to get better gas mileage than my suv but also needed a vehicle that would tote my full grown large greyhound to the park and to the vets. because of this vehicles design it does it all. once a month I pile a months worth of groceries in the wonderfully designed rear. I have purchased a normal size dishwasher and carried it home myself. most peop[le are amazed at what I can fit in a FIT. to be honest it has some disadvantages. On long trips it's not as comfortable in the rear seating as was my suv."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25