2011 Honda Fit

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

What a great car... except for ride quality

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to park, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Firm ride, could benefit from 6 speed transmission"

"I cannot say enough good things about my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Bought the car used with 42k miles and it's been flawless ever since. If you have read the reviews there are two main gripes about the Honda Fit 1) the battery is barely adequate at best and 2) the ride quality is less than stellar. I've had to replace the battery, which was not terribly expensive. It's recommended to not run any sort of accessories with the engine off. I can easily see why as the battery is not much larger than the one in my motorcycle. As for the ride quality. In order to have the flat cargo floor and all of the space, something had to give. I'd classify the ride as firm, only being harsh over major bumps that'd upset any vehicle.My 15" winter tires with a taller sidewall appear to ride slightly better, but not by much. Test drive one and that'll tell you if it's something you could live with. I've taken my car on road trips all over the place, the longest being New York to Florida without any sort of surprises, even managed 36-38mpg the entire time. The engine does rev a little high on the highway, the transmission could probably benefit from a 6th gear. All in all, I must say the Honda Fit is a wonderful car. Everyone is amazed how much stuff that can fit inside, it's crazy. Yes, it's an economy car so don't have unreal expectations and you will not be disappointed. The manual transmission shifts very smooth and gets decent fuel economy. I cannot be any happier with my car. It's a Honda through and through, nothing glitzy or frivolous. Beyond highly recommend the Honda Fit."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever owned!"

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun, well-made, roomy, looks great!"

Cons: "Seats don't do much, MPG could be better."

"I have been driving my Fit Sport for about 8 months and it feels like I bought it yesterday! I am still in luv with my Fit and can't imagine driving anything else! It's fun and sporty (I like to drive again), comfortable, easy on the eyes in plum pearl metallic, great cargo space, well-built, reliable, and it's a Honda! I do have a couple of minor complaints: for the size and engine it could have better gas mileage; the seats hardly adjustable (even a hand crank to go up and down would be a big plus); and if it's windy my little Fit feels a bit unsteady (but, I don't drive on the freeway much). Still...you couldn't pry this car from my cold, dead hands. I luv it!"

Good little car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, price, comfort, head room, cute, A/C"

Cons: "color options, no Bluetooth base model"

"Great on gas. Love the MPG feature, helps you see in real time how your driving affects gas mileage. I can get 39 MPG easily if I drive 55 and take it easy. otherwise averages 33-37. Comfortable seats. Easy controls. Family friendly. Feels safe and responsive. Small visors, however, do not block sun coming in from the side if you are of shorter height."

Small light carso road noise is evident.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage; Super Storage; Excellent Condit"

"Great on gas mileage (35+ MPG) Very zippy for small engine. 5th gear at 2800 RPM gets 60 MPH. Back seats fold flat (unlike another brand of small hatchback) giving plenty of storage space. Engine is efficient and quiet."

Awesome Car for the price

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Perfect size, road trips, great value"

Cons: "Road Noise, Mileage, Tire selection"

"I bought my Fit brand new in 2010. It has 52K miles on it as of writing this review. In that time, I have had literally ZERO problems. Besides general maintenance, such as break pads, oil changes, tires etc, I haven't had to replace or fix anything. So as far as value, it has been outstanding. The seats are comfortable enough, we've taken it on many 12 hour road trips and it is fine. The cup holders are conveniently placed and the split folding rear seats are extremely versatile and allow for the hauling of things that seem like they wouldn't fit. The stock speakers are decent enough and the AUX input and USB hookups are convenient for running music apps like Spotify and such. It has held its resale value great. For example, I paid just over 17k in 2010 and now private party value is about 12K, 4 years and 50,000 miles later, it still a great resale. Some of the cons of this car. The gas mileage leaves a little to be desired. Now, on road trips I average 40MPG, but around town I average 29MPG, to me that seems a little low. Also, there is a amazingly annoying wash board sound. Around town you don't really notice it, but on long drives it makes me feels like my brain is oozing out my ears. Researching forums, other owners have the same problem. Another thing, the 2010 Honda Fit Sport take a size 185-55R-16. This is an extremely hard tire to find. And good luck finding a used one. In four years owning this car, I have always had to special order the tires, no one carries them. Not really a big problem, but when i had a flat, I had to run one the donut for 2 days waiting on a tire. And the tires are expensive. All in all, I would recommend this vehicle. For the price, it is an extremely good value. The tires and soul crushing road noise aside."

great mileage, easy to drive.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "in expensive to drive 37mpg. $9000 cash"

Cons: "has 4 cup holders, and plenty of room for grocerie"

"Great little car, I'm looking for a used pick-up as I need the hauling space for my dogs.I have never had an ounce of trouble with it. roomy back seat."

50,000 miles later

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "practical, economical, well equipped, reliable"

Cons: "need place to put sunglasses, want sunroof"

"2011 base automatic bought new principally for commuting (30 miles each way). Average 35+ mpg. Original tires worn out at 40,000 miles, original battery replaced in 2014. Other than that, only oil changes. Excellent value, reliable, versatile, well-equipped, but with some quirks- there's a space in the console with cupholders and a tray for coins and whatnot, but it's too far forward to be of much use. Why no overhead storage for sunglasses, like minivans were doing 30 years ago? And I'd pay for a factory sunroof if they offered one. The carpet material by my right foot is wearing out. Can't complain too much, though- the car is amazingly well equipped for the price. It is smooth, quiet, easy to drive, easy to park, and can hold a lot of stuff when you fold the seats down. And the tall roofline means I don't bash my head getting in and out."

Roomy interior, can carry lots.

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "price, cargo space, gas mileage, pep"

Cons: "limited options, one plug for phone/ipod"

"The Fit is a nice little car for the price. It has lots of pep and it's very easy to park. The gas mileage is pretty good. Service is excellent. No problems to report. However, it's low on amenities, low on technology and the hatch is hard to open and close."

It is good car for daily activity

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"It is convenient for local driver"