2010 Honda Fit

Based on 303 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

Great value

By on Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I used to drive a MazdaSpeed 3 which was a lot more fun to drive than a fit, but fuel economy and practicality had me trade it in for a fit. I test drove the automatic version of this car and then bought one with a standard transmission sight unseen. Seems like standard transmission is much harder to find, but so worth it. The automatic was very poor performance, with a manual you can make it drive much more responsively. It made the transition from a small hatchback with 276 horsepower to one with only 117 much more bearable. It performs pretty well, very reliable, and it can actually haul quite of bit of stuff. Plus you can park in those tiny spaces you'd never attempt with an SUV. I have had zero problems so far. I love the size of the gas tank, with only 10 gallons to fill up and having that last 400 miles is so much better then having to buy premium gas and fill up twice as often. Way to go Honda. I will run this car into the ground, which I'm expecting to come some 300,000 miles later at least. By then it will have been paid off for many years and earned every bit of its cost in the process."

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"I traded in my 2004 GTO so the performance took a bit of a hit but that is more than made up for in fuel economy and cargo space! The seat configuration possibilities are great and it sips gas. I have a set of bean bags and I was never able to fit them in my goat but now the fold down fit seats make it a breeze. I was also impressed by how much better looking the Fit was than any other cars in the sub compact segment. Great buy."

very cool.very nice!

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"all i can say is , wow!. what a great car!. honda is the best.."

love my fit!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "MPG, spacious, fun to drive"

Cons: "no armrest, no steering wheel audio controls"

"Love everything about my 2011 base fit. When I drive gently around town, I can pull 40 MPG on my manual. Driving zippy stills gets me 32 on a regular basis, which I love! This car is tiny, but huge inside! I have fit myself, 3 grown men, three sleeping bags, two boat sails, two coolers, and 3 overnight bags in this car, and nobody was uncomfortable on the three hour drive to the boat. The back seats recline slightly, which is nice for napping passengers. Overall, I'm glad I dropped $12k on a used honda fit. I got a great deal, and love 99.99999'% of the things about it. I would recommend to anyone!"

Solid value

By on Friday, May 9, 2014

Pros: "value car, great handling, space, inexpensive"

Cons: "not good looking, lacks power"

"Good point A to B car. Great handling and lots of space in this class of vehicle. Not the most attractive looking car on the market however."

great car for firs time car buyer

By on Friday, May 8, 2015

Pros: "price, small, roomy interior, cup holders, fun"

Cons: "stiff drivers seat, too light"

"This car is a great value for the price and all the optional add ons. Its reliable, rides easy and only has minor disavantages. its a bit light, so driving in windy conditions is a bit daunting and the driver seat could be more comfy, even after 7 years its a bit stiff. Other than those two little things i love this car. I can go places lager vehicles cant get and fit in more parking spaces in the city. Despite looking small, its increadibly roomy and fits a ton of stuff the way the seats fold down. More thatn enough cup holders and very sleek."

Highly recommended. My third Honda.

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"I love this car. Wonderful town car, easy to park, very comfortable not only for the driver but also back seat passengers. Outstanding gas mileage. This is my third Honda (previously two were Accords) and I was not disappointed in the Fit."

Fun car to drive

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pros: "Reasonable price, great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs a 300cc larger engine"

Little brother to our other Honda, a 2006 Pilot

"I bought this car as a one year old used vehicle off the dealer's lot. I needed a car that was economical for my daily 25 mile one way commute to work. I wanted a manual transmission thinking that I wanted to be in control of what gear I was in given the small engine size. This car fit the bill perfectly, plus it was bright red (the better to be seen). It has been on a couple of 2,500 mile round trip visits to see family in Texas while attaining 35mpg at 70+ mph on the Interstate. The ride is a little stiffer than a Cadillac, but it handles like a go-kart due to the lower & wider profile tires I had installed on it. It is a fun car to drive, especially in the twisties."

Little brother to our other Honda, a 2006 Pilot

Very disappointed

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Very pretty from the outside"

Cons: "Impossible to keep clean, access, road noise"

"I was really excited to buy this car 6 months ago, but I am very unimpressed. That said, part of the problem is that I downsized from a Plymouth Grand Voyager, and this car is just too small and low to suit me as an older (65) overweight woman. When I am parked between other cars and can't fully open the driver's door, it is very difficult for me to get out of this car as my foot catches on the door leaving it scuffed up all the time. The black velcro-like upholstery catches and holds every bit of grass, dirt, etc. and every speck of dust shows on the dash and instrument panel. Even a good vacuum at the car wash is unable to remove it all. I assume the fit of the doors is not tight, because the areas around them get very dirty. The road noise is high, so my $1,000 custom stereo was a waste of money unless I'm sitting in my driveway. The slope of the front windshield is such that it reflects the dash in some light, turning almost opaque and making it difficult to see out. The back seats are heavy and difficult to reposition. All in all, this sardine can is obviously a skinny young person's car. I will be trading it as soon as I can afford to."

Great small car for town or city driving.

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

Pros: "The best of the bunch"

Cons: "Would prefer seat fabric to be more "Element" like"

"Good ingress/egress. Good driving position, good visibility, great driving dynamics. Spacious, flexible seating and storage configurations. Good price point, value, resale. Better for quick trips or routine driving in or around town or city. Ride is a tad harsh. Cabin is noisy, especially at highway speeds. Controls are simple and easy to reach. For what it is and what it is intended to be, I think it has no equal. I would recommend it to anyone with appropriate driving requirements."

great car

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"bought new, now had for eight and half months. very very happy with this car"

Easy parking, love that their is no blind spots,

By on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Pros: "Fun, easy to park, no blind spots"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats after a few hours"

"Easy to park, fun to drive except long distance it starts to to gets uncomfortable from sitting longer then 3 hours."

You Can't Miss With This Car!

By on Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, utility"

Cons: "MIddling gas mileage."

"I thought my 2003 Civic was the best car I ever owned until I bought my Fit. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has gone wrong with it in 3 years. Oil changes, 1 set of front brake pads and a set of front tires. That's it. Excellent for utility & fun to drive. The only drawback is that, for being a small car, the mileage is only acceptable. For mixed city/freeway I get around 27 mpg. Not bad, but I would have expected 30+."

Perfect car for me!

By on Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pros: "Fun car!"

Cons: "Not the fastest freeway entry."

"My favorite car ever! Small enough for even the smallest parking areas, great fuel economy, 10 cup holders, easy fold down rear seats, large cargo area in the back, did I mention the 10 cup holders!! Love the convenience of all the cup holders!!!"

Great mileage, but I DON'T FEEL SAFE

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "fuel economy"

Cons: "size, blind spots, size, size, size"

"This is the first time in my life that I have bought a car and then, four months later, given up and started shopping for another car. The Fit has incredible mileage. I'm averaging 35mpg, and on some trips, it's 40. But I don't feel safe in it. I am constantly being overlooked by large cars that seem to tower over me. I have had so many close calls that it is not a coincidence. It may be that I bought a white car. But, I think it is just too small. And, some jerks in large cars seem to enjoy cutting me off."

Very dissappionted

By on Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, great utility usage of space,"

Cons: "service problems, paint fading"

"I thought that this would be my last car to purchase knowing that Hondas are reliable or that's what we are told. I have enjoyed this car until recently. After 5 years and only 27000 miles, I have had several repairs. The most notworthy was the ac fan motor had to be replaced last year. However, now the paint is fading on the hood and top, even with the sealant which was purchased. I do keep it in garage. I have had to replace the tires and battery. It is having rattle issues of late. It does bottom out very easily and you have to be careful at low spots. It has a lot of road noise, I cannot hear the phone. This is not the car's fault, but I have had several near collisions, side swipes, lately. I am not sure if the car cannot be seen,it is red, because of the small size or if folks are not paying attention. However very good gas mileage, better than advertised. Very good utility useage of space. I do like those features. I am sorry to say I would not buy this car again."

So fun to drive

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"Fun to drive crazy room Paddle shifters are stupid for town, but great in the mtns. great sound system Incredibly practicable Very reliable!!!!"

fantastic small car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "spacy"

Cons: "expensive"

"roomy but little expensive"

Good value, good drive, LOTS of space

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "Space, fun to drive, reliability, economy"

Cons: "tires, high rpms at 70+ mph"

"This is my second fit. Put 250000 on 2010 base model, loved that car, gave it to my daughter to buy 2012 S model. I have 135000 miles on this car. Biggest gripe, can't buy but one kind of tire and that tire is expensive and poor wearing. Drivers seat has a hole worn through the upholstery at 75000. I drive this car hard and many miles daily. Very reliable, just change the oil and it keeps running. Honda..offer a 6 speed manual tranny, the car would be much more efficiant on long highway drives"

Good value, good drive, LOTS of space

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "Space, fun to drive, reliability, economy"

Cons: "tires, high rpms at 70+ mph"

Worst car I have owned for years

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"This car was so bad I tried trading it in the same day but the depreciation was tremendous so I tried selling privately. Not a lot of demand this way but finally got rid of it for a loss of three grand but I lost the sales tax advantage which was about $1200 so it still cost me about $4500 for around three months of unpleasant driving. Strong points were gas mileage and cargo space. Worst issues were handling and air conditioning. Cannot understand reviews which claim fun to drive. My first and last Honda. Also the dealer experience was very bad."

Most troublesome car and company I have ever dealt

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Visibility"

Cons: "See above"

"The Honda Fit shares a big problem that honda Civics were having between 2008 and 2010. Owners complained that their batteries died all th time. I have to trickle charge the car evey other day to kep it from not starting an dhaul aroun da battery recharger, unless I want to keep paying for AAA to charge it for me. Honda says that the car must be driven, which doesn’t fit my lifestyle. An devery tim eI do wan tto use it it won’t start! Honda is no longer willin gto go to BBB arbitration for any of its cars. It also makes it almost impossible to have regular service work done at a non-dealership. The Fit has good views forward, side, and aft, an dfeel sroomy. The ride is extremely bumpy. Hitting a pothole feels like one has entered the Grand Canyon. Get the Yaris or Scion xd instead. Toyota is a straightforward company and their cars ride beter. And they are less expensive."

Big Mistake!!!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "look, handles well"

Cons: "space, wipers not working, acceleration"

"When I first got it I thought it was ok but the longer I've had it the more I hate it. The wipers have had to been fixed twice now as they are touchy when it comes to cold weather or sitting overnight and not wanting to work I also found out that you can't just go by wiper blades they have to be ordered from the dealer due to their special angels (shape) which is awesome for spending way too much money on. Also I found out that many of the fits have to have the wiper mechanism replaced if you go thru the dealer it's 250 bucks. I never should have bought it but thought it was a good idea at the time for gas savings until my two little kids are constantly going back and forth due to the size of the car which makes more some stressful drives not much room even when you lay the back seats down for cargo space which was misleading to say the least when I bought it. However, if you are a single person or just a couple this would probably be a good car if you have kids definitely not!"

Love this spunky, fun to drive, economical car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "responsive, great on gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "A bit unstable in windy conditions"

"I bought the car in July '13 after trading in my old car. This little car is responsive, great on gas and fun to drive. I don't put a lot of mileage on it, about 350 miles/month on average so it's perfect for me. It did wonderfully on a 850 mile road trip and I'm delighted with it. The only downside is that stability could be better in windy conditions."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next