2010 Honda Fit

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

This car rocks!!

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"I bought this car after it had been wrecked and rebuilt to california code!! Paid $9500 for my 2009 honda fit sport with 4000 miles on it! I cruise down the highway around 55mph, never in a hurry and avg around high 50's to low 60's mpg!! comfort is great with the exception of the hard ride... would gladly trade the sport tires for something with a softer ride! I can haul just about everything i need from massive boxes to the wife and two kids, one of which is still in a car seat..she sits behind me and i have plenty of room and im 5'10 190lbs! Love that i can plug my iphone in and use the controls on the radio, i had to make a cd the other day just to make sure the mp3 cd player in the car worked!! just to throw it out there one more time... i AVG around 60 mpg in this beast at 55 MPH!!! Very low maintenance, ive used the oil meter only to change the oil, i know shame on me....but i do run Royal Purple oil in it! Simply put if you can tolerate the not so smooth ride over bumps, the ok smoothness will be fun on the better roads and highway! Fun to drive in the city, easy to park, and you definetly wont mind stopping at the occasional gas station for a cheap $25 fill up as you go your next 575 plus miles!!"

unhappy owner

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought the Fit for the hatch back feature. I had a civic which I really liked, but missed the extra convenience of the hatch back. I am totally disappointed in my Fit. I have 38,000 miles on it and the gas mileage is down to 22 mpg!!! It was 38 at its best, (my Civic would get 42 most times!!) I hate the small engine! And am so disappointed in the gas mileage. My next issue is the traction control or whatever its called. Mine will NOT turn off. I can't go anywhere in the snow, it just cuts the power off to the tires!! It is so frustrating I hate it. I have tried everything and am going to have to take it to the dealer and see why it won't kick off. I like the short turning radius of the car and the comfort is ok, but overall, I dislike this car more than any I've every owned (6th new car I've bought!)"

Very well built

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Six months, not one thing wrong. Solid as a rock. suggestions would be for radio controls on steering wheel, slightly better quality cloth on the doors and a little more umphhh from the engine. Other than than that, a very good high quility built car, inside and out."

Honda Fit is a kid's car.

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"We bought a brand new Honda Fit in summer, '09. The door for the gas had a missing part so it would not open. Honda fixed it right away. Next, the back hatch dropped down - i.e., the two pistons on both sides of the hatch in the back failed and the hatch hit my husband on the head. Honda fixed it right away. The ride is bumpy - we feel every pothole. We have an automatic and in the winter the gas mileage is around 20 mpg! This is really lower than advertised. On the highway, it gets above 33, as advertised. This car has a very small motor - I can barely get to 70 mph when accelerating all the way if there is a small upgrade on the highway. I have yet to go above 70 mph. This was no problem with our Toyota Prius, which was smashed by a truck, unfortunately. We bought the Honda Fit because it was cheap, but this is really a kid's car, not for older adults like us. I would not buy again."

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I really enjoy driving my 2009 Fit Sport. The 5 speed manual is a great transmission and shifts very smoothly. The clutch is light, but not too light. There is a USB connection in the upper glove box which supports iPods and flash drives. This is one of my favorite features because you don't have to deal with CD's and you can control everything through the head unit instead of fiddling with the iPod. The only issue I have with it is that in cold weather the gas mileage seems to drop 8-10 mpg, but I am still getting between 29-32 mpg with fairly spirited driving, which mostly happens off the highway. The styling of this car, inside and out, is great. I believe it looks better than the past four cars I have owned which included an 04 Mini Cooper S and an 06 Honda Civic. Overall, this car is great for the cost. I paid $16,800 out the door without much haggling."