2010 Honda Fit

Based on 265 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Very disappointed

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Very pretty from the outside"

Cons: "Impossible to keep clean, access, road noise"

"I was really excited to buy this car 6 months ago, but I am very unimpressed. That said, part of the problem is that I downsized from a Plymouth Grand Voyager, and this car is just too small and low to suit me as an older (65) overweight woman. When I am parked between other cars and can't fully open the driver's door, it is very difficult for me to get out of this car as my foot catches on the door leaving it scuffed up all the time. The black velcro-like upholstery catches and holds every bit of grass, dirt, etc. and every speck of dust shows on the dash and instrument panel. Even a good vacuum at the car wash is unable to remove it all. I assume the fit of the doors is not tight, because the areas around them get very dirty. The road noise is high, so my $1,000 custom stereo was a waste of money unless I'm sitting in my driveway. The slope of the front windshield is such that it reflects the dash in some light, turning almost opaque and making it difficult to see out. The back seats are heavy and difficult to reposition. All in all, this sardine can is obviously a skinny young person's car. I will be trading it as soon as I can afford to."

Buy one!

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, great price, reliable, and cute!"

Cons: "A little noisy inside."

"Perfect for me. Dependable, cute, saves gas, roomier than it looks on the outside. Lots of storage, especially when you turn down the back seat. I may buy another FIT the next time I want a new car."

Pretty Decent Little Car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, price point"

Cons: "AC issues, navigation system"

"This is a great little car for driving around the city and gets great gas mileage. However, because it is an extremely lightweight vehicle one should know that it takes special attention when driving on the highway in excessive wind as it will be easily blown around. Additionally, as the car sits quite low, it makes navigating in snowy conditions a bit tricky and any small stone can kick up underneath the car and cause damage to the AC hose making repairs costly (speaking from experience). We primarily drive the Fit in the spring thru fall months and it is taken in for all planned maintenance and oil changes so imagine our surprise when we had to take it in at around 20,000 miles (less than 5 years old)for a navigation system issue to find that we are staring at a charge of between $900-$1,000 to fix. If we had to do it over, we would not purchase this vehicle with the navigation system. We have owned numerous Hondas over the past 30 years and have never owned one with as many issues as the Fit but it is a relatively decent little car for getting around the city and for the price point."

Solid value

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "value car, great handling, space, inexpensive"

Cons: "not good looking, lacks power"

"Good point A to B car. Great handling and lots of space in this class of vehicle. Not the most attractive looking car on the market however."

Great small car for town or city driving.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "The best of the bunch"

Cons: "Would prefer seat fabric to be more "Element" like"

"Good ingress/egress. Good driving position, good visibility, great driving dynamics. Spacious, flexible seating and storage configurations. Good price point, value, resale. Better for quick trips or routine driving in or around town or city. Ride is a tad harsh. Cabin is noisy, especially at highway speeds. Controls are simple and easy to reach. For what it is and what it is intended to be, I think it has no equal. I would recommend it to anyone with appropriate driving requirements."

Suprisingly fun daily driver

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Fantastic utility. Sips fuel. Reliable."

Cons: "Not the cheapest or best value in class."

"This is the car I've driven for the past several years as my daily driver. I've found it to be a trouble free ownership experience, so far I've done nothing but the recommended maintenance, no surprise expenses. The fuel economy has been decent for it's class, usually in the low to mid 30's in mostly city driving with occasional highway. I probably have more of a lead foot then most. I would definitely have preferred the manual, but since my wife was gonna be driving it... The paddle shifters are an ok substitute for an actual shifter, though on the handful of times I've taken it to the track the paddles can be hard to find and slow to react if you pick the wrong gear for a corner, easy to do with the lack of torque. But manage to keep the revs and momentum up and it feels pretty quick. The handling has been adequate, nothing to blow you away even on extreme performance summer tires, but the steering feel is pretty amazing for a front wheel drive car. It goes where you point it with very little of the vagueness you get with most of the cars in this class. Storage is also cavernous for the class due to the clever packaging of the rear seats."

Solid performer; superb handling and gas mileage.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun driving; great mileage; lots of cargo space"

Cons: "None, really."

"Gas mileage much better than advertised. With no highway driving, stop and go city traffic gives 31-to-34 mpg. Highway driving at a steady 70 mph on cruise control gives an incredible 48 mpg, and I've tested this over and over so I know it is true. But even better, at a steady 55 mph on cruise control gives 58 mpg. Both of these figures have been tested with air conditioning on and off, and the difference is undetectable. My only complaint with the Fit is that the glass fogs easily with two people on board, which means that either windshield defrost or the air conditioner must be on."

Best small car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, roominess, easy fold down for cargo"

Cons: "A little pricey but worth it."

"I've driven this car thru 5 MN winters and it's never failed me. It may not be the fastest car but the tight maneuverability makes up for it. The interior is roomy. Big people get in & are amazed at the comfort, etc. The fold down sets in the hatchback are so simple & I can accommodate a lot of cargo. I love it even after all this time. It still feels like a new car, no rattles even on the MN potholes."

Happy! Happy! HAppy!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

"We've been very pleased with the reliability, high gas mileage (40 mpg overall) and overall quality of the Fit."

NOT FOR WINTERS!!!!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Breaks lock up when car is not in balance"

"The car itself is comfortable. Wonderful windows and lovely stereo. This kicks up to 80 miles an hour in nothing flat. However........Not for winters. Driving in an ice storm is horrific. The breaks lock up and throws the car off balance. If your looking for an all season car?? Don't buy this one. Great for summer drives."

See if you qualify for