2010 Honda Fit

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Fantastic car

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage and hauling ability"

Cons: "Angle of head rests, spring actuated gas cap cover"

"The second best car I've owned - right behind my Honda CRX. Fun to drive with the manual transmission, and extremely versatile cargo hauler. I've moved a lot of things a sedan, or even an SUV, couldn't handle. Average 38 to 40 mpg without much effort, though I live in a flat world. Drives well in snow too, although snow tends to build up behind front wheels. Downside is spring actuated gas cap cover (hasn't worn out yet, but...) and angle of headrests can be annoying."

70,000 Mile review

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage Versatility Magic seat."

Cons: "No leather seats"

"In 2 years we have put 70,000 miles on this car. The versatility of Fit blows away any other small cars. Gas mileage is better than ratings. 34/city 39/highway. Planning next years road trips. there is some trade offs underpowered on mountain roads. Not the smoothest ride. My favorite is Magic back seat in tall mode. This thing is so roomy only trouble was power steering failed after 3000 mile road trip. There are cheaper cars but I don't regret owning a Fit."

Super economic, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, takes 87 octane, reliable"

Cons: "Cheap construction, low power"

"Engine: Ok, it has an asmatic gerbal on treadmill, but that gerbil will give you everything its got when you put your foot down. It revs up and puts the power down. If its not strong enough, well, consider a k20 swap. Or buy a civic. Make sure you get a manual if you can drive one; you need the revs if you want to get up to speed at a reasonable raate. Suspension: Love it. Even for as tall as it is it doesnt flop over in turns and keeping traction is pretty easy. Ride quality is sporty but not harsh, a difficult juggling act to pull off. Turn in response is crisp and the turn radius is TINY. Econpomy: My wife is getting 36 mpg highway. She drives like a bat out of heck. You could probably sqeeze 40. With a little turbo you could definatly get 40. And more hp... Interior: Love the styling, hate the materials. Granted it is an entry level subcompact, but EVERYTHING is hard plastic! I was surprised that the steering wheel wasnt hard plastic! The fabric uppolstery is great at holding hair but not too functional. BUT it is fairly comfortable and there is SOOOOO much visibility that you really wont care. Exterior: I like the looks, but the hood gets rock chipped really easy. And the bumper. And the mirrors. However, I like the styling, the stock rims look good, and in general I like it. I just wish Honda wasn't so stingy on thier paint. Sound: really good little sound system in there. Plenty of high end, the bass is a bit week but not bad. Overall, for the price I think this is the best car in class, and probably one of the to best overall cars."

Very Happy 2012 Fit Sport Owner

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Efficient, Very Fun to Drive, Cargo Space"

Cons: "Susspension, Engine Struggles Full of Passengers"

"A car that's well worth the asking price. A VERY fun peppy car to drive around town, and to work. I agree that the suspension/shocks are stiff, basically a box with wheels, however, I've heard this of many other hatchback class vehicles. Fuel mileage is very good, but I suppose if it broke down the 40 MPG wall, it would be all the better. The USB in the glove box and Aux Input are very nice touches for an economy class car. As are the controls on the wheel. The visibility is also leagues above the rest. Road noise also better than other hatchback class cars of same price. Very fun to drive, and has great cargo space. I would highly recommend getting the Sport if you're thinking about purchasing, well worth the little extra asking price. Manual if can drive stick. Pass on the Navi."

I am buying this car now that my lease is up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "great car for price; great mpg, easy to park"

Cons: "needs a front passenger arm rest"

"This is a great car for driving around town, commuting to work and running errands. I get 35 mpg in the city. My husband is a tall guy and he fits in it comfortably. It can carry big items and groceries. It can seat 4 very confortably. I love the look of the car although it is less interesting in the boring neutral colors. (Mine is red and it still looks new after 3 years.)"

This is my second FIT

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability....and 2 glove boxes!"

Cons: "would like a center console"

"I traded in my 2008 FIT Sport with a bit over 98,000 miles and not one problem - only spent money on maintenance and changed the tires at about 60,000 miles.I have a long highway commute and averaged nearly 45 MPG. I traded for the 2012 FIT Sport - currently about 4800 milea and I'm getting about 38 MPG - hoping it will increase after a few more miles. Obviously, I love the car -it's comfortable, I enjoy the drive and don't think I could get a more reliable car for the money."

A perfect car for music lovers

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "Great versatility"

Cons: "No sunroof"

"I absolutely love my Honda fit. The car handles really well, has good pickup, and lots of space. I have the base model with cloth interior, and it's really nice and sharp looking. The dash glows a beautiful blue and shows avg mpg and oil life, which I really like. The car has 11 cup holders..11! My favorite are the ones on the dash, so I can drive and to the left of the steering wheel i can put my drink/ phone right at reach. Thy are deep too, to prevent spillage. Moving in this car was a dream, i could fit so much in. A whole surfboard will fit! My favorite feature of the car is the music choices! There is an upper glove box on the dash thats hardly noticable with a USB plug for an iPod. I leave my iPod constantly plugged in. With the touch of a button, I can go from the radio to a cd to a song on my iPod.. I frequently switch between these from song to song. Sound quality is great. My average miles per gallon is 29.5, my car lets me know :)"

Pretty Decent Little Car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, price point"

Cons: "AC issues, navigation system"

"This is a great little car for driving around the city and gets great gas mileage. However, because it is an extremely lightweight vehicle one should know that it takes special attention when driving on the highway in excessive wind as it will be easily blown around. Additionally, as the car sits quite low, it makes navigating in snowy conditions a bit tricky and any small stone can kick up underneath the car and cause damage to the AC hose making repairs costly (speaking from experience). We primarily drive the Fit in the spring thru fall months and it is taken in for all planned maintenance and oil changes so imagine our surprise when we had to take it in at around 20,000 miles (less than 5 years old)for a navigation system issue to find that we are staring at a charge of between $900-$1,000 to fix. If we had to do it over, we would not purchase this vehicle with the navigation system. We have owned numerous Hondas over the past 30 years and have never owned one with as many issues as the Fit but it is a relatively decent little car for getting around the city and for the price point."

Great value, outstanding mileage, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "36 MPG avg, versatility, build quality, fun"

Cons: "somewhat cheap upholstery"

"I've had my 2012 Fit Sport for about 45 days now. I use this as my commuter car as I work in outside sales, so it has seen some good use. Mileage is significantly better than stated on MSRP, I've been averaging about 36 mpg combined with over 40 regularly on highway trips. While a bit underpowered, it is a subcompact with a small engine so you have to expect that. Transmission does a good job of keeping the best combination of economy and speed. I have the automatic with paddle shifters. They're sort of fun but I find myself not using them all that often. Versatility and cargo capacity are excellent. Fold flat rear seats make for a lot of room--great for home projects and trips to home depot. The "magic" seats in back are pretty clever, too. While the ride doesn't compare to my MBZ C230, it's a lot of fun to drive and the suspension is accomodating, quick and competent. For such a tall car the body roll is very controlled in spirited cornering. Radio is fair. Controls are laid out in typical Honda fashion, meaning everything is where it should be. Interior upholstery seems a little cheap, though. Other build materials are good. Exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Overall a great value. Way more positives than negatives and the interior roominess is impressive. Fuel economy just keeps me smiling in this time of $3.90/gal gasoline. I grin everytime I fill up and look at the fools in their SUVs spend $100 to fill up."

Perfect car that looks little but can hold a lot!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Lots of interior room, great gas mileage"

Cons: "No arm rests on the seats for base model"

"The Honda Fit is great on gas mileage, small, and sporty. The car looks small on the outside but has plenty of head room for taller people as well as plenty of leg room for all. I tested how many boxes the car could hold with the seats down and I was able to fit 16 regular sized boxes in the car! The traction control is great for driving on steep curves in the mountains. The only complaint I have is that the base model doesn't come with arm rests which makes it difficult on long road trips. Overall it is a great car that gets 35 MPG on average and I only have to change the oil every 8,000 miles."