2010 Honda Fit

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

First and last new car

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "manual tranny, cool looking, great MPG"

Cons: "Sun visors useless, no sunroof, A/C so and so."

2012 honda fit sport manual transmission

"I bought this car new from the honda dealer in june 2012 with just 4 miles on it. I get an average of 33MPG and around 320 miles to the tank. I am astonished of all the safety features that this car has, the obvious ones and the others that you learn about the car as you drive it. Love the versatility of the rear magic seat, no other car in it's class have the same feature, back doors open wider than other cars. I'm hoping to have this car for as long as I can, since I payed cash for it, I am going to get every penny worth."

2012 honda fit sport manual transmission

love! great fuel mileage. so utilitarian

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive. wonderful gas mileage,"

Cons: "not so great on long trip, some road noise"

"bought car new in order to get better gas mileage than my suv but also needed a vehicle that would tote my full grown large greyhound to the park and to the vets. because of this vehicles design it does it all. once a month I pile a months worth of groceries in the wonderfully designed rear. I have purchased a normal size dishwasher and carried it home myself. most peop[le are amazed at what I can fit in a FIT. to be honest it has some disadvantages. On long trips it's not as comfortable in the rear seating as was my suv."

Superb around town;capable for long trips

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage, Price, Handling, Cargo Space, Quality"

"Marvelous small car with many of the attributes of larger ones. Good handling for size. Very stable and nimble. High speed on Interstate roads requires attention, but is not uncomfortable nor difficult. Small wheelbase makes handling in tight places easy. With rear seats down, has large cargo space for size. Great gas mileage. Comfortable front seats for normally sized people; rear seating OK for short trips. Thoughtful placement and number of cup holders and other convenience items. High quality of fit and finish throughout."

great configuration, decent engine, cheap interior

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "very versatile car, fun to drive, cargo"

Cons: "needy steering on the highway, cheap interior"

"This car does everything a basic car should do, it gets you and a lot of your stuff from a to b. It is a foot shorter than my old sedan, and can haul a lot more stuff in the process. It looks tiny on the outside, but is cavernous on the inside. The rear magic seats are rarely ever down, I use that area to haul groceries, etc. The hatchback is very useful for me in my day job because I can load up my tools, equipment, etc in the rain without getting wet since the hatch provides cover. Driving position is high, due to the fact that the gas tank is under your seat, which allows a lower cargo floor in the back. Engine bay has a smaller battery than typical sized 12v, not sure how much a replacement will cost or availability. The engine is sized for economy but if you spank it you'll get moving when you need to. I have the paddle shifters which don't make the car any faster but make it easier to drive in rush hour stop/go, they also help keep the car 'spun up' at the right rpm to do what you need to do (on-ramp, passing, etc). I read online that manual mode is useful on the interstate to reduce downshifts on hills, I find this to be true. My all around mpg is higher than honda's est of 29/33, way more, I get 33 in the city and 42 on the highway if I don't push it and if I don't have something on the hitch rack. Interior is a bit of a let down for the money, I wish it was beige or gray, shows dirt too easily. I immediately added a new center console with full-size arm rest from college hills honda, took me about 30 minutes. On the highway this car does not track well, it requires constant attention to keep straight, I think this is a combination of huge side area and very narrow tires, I may try to use wider tires when the time for replacement comes. The headlights are great, the noise level is low for the auto, I've heard the manual is noisier. I love the stereo with usb plug in the glove box, I didn't get the navi. I added a 1.25" hitch so I could mount my bike on a hitch rack, no issues there. Climate controls are very simple, easy to adjust, kind of retro for a 2012 car. I wish the rear cargo light had an on/off switch, went camping recently and wanted to turn it off manually, though it does turn off after several minutes. I think there is an acura cargo light with switch that fits this spot exactly, I may upgrade. All in all a very practical, cheap to own/drive car that is sporty-feeling and well made, with just a few minor annoyances that I can live with."

BEST LITTLE CRITTER ON THE ROAD TODAY !!

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "DEFINITELY FUN TO DRIVE."

Cons: "INTERIOR CARPET COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER GRADE."

"HAVE USED THIS CRITTER TO HAUL THINGS. ITS A VERY PEPPY VEHICLE AND I'VE EXPERIENCED NO PROBLEMS WITH HILLS OR WITH PASSING. I LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR !"

I have 2012 Honda Fit Sport

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "I like the price the quality an the Dealer"

Cons: "Needs rear dic brakes"

"This is my second Fit I had 2010 it was great but loud road noise. Had it for two years. Then my wife saw 2012 Fit with a new color . We traded in for $4500 difference the 2010 had 40k and need tire . Was very happy with the deal . The 2012 is much improved less road noise steering is better an you cannot beat Honda service my local dealer is just great"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "easy handling, great value, lots of space"

Cons: "slow acceleration"

"I purchased a 2013 Fit Sport, the first car I've ever bought myself. I haven't had it very long, but I am in love with it and I use pretty much every opportunity I have to drive it. For a small car, it's very roomy on the inside and it's perfect for a single, young person like me. The car is very zippy and fun to drive, and I am averaging around 37 mpg. I love the hatchback style and the fold-down back seats provide plenty of extra room. But I think my favorite feature is the USB port, which is new to me since my old car was a 1998. I can just leave my iPod hooked up and change the songs with the steering wheel controls, and I don't have to worry about syncing it with a radio station like I used to. The speaker system is also fantastic; the volume automatically adjusts itself according to how fast you're going. I'm not a car expert so I can't say much about the mechanics of the car, but I will say that the pickup on it is much slower than I'm used to, probably because the engine is so tiny. I wasn't able to strip down the price much. The MSRP was $18,700 and I bought it for $18,350. Still, the monthly payment is very affordable and Honda's got such a good reputation, I think it was worth every penny."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun, well-made, roomy, looks great!"

Cons: "Seats don't do much, MPG could be better."

"I have been driving my Fit Sport for about 8 months and it feels like I bought it yesterday! I am still in luv with my Fit and can't imagine driving anything else! It's fun and sporty (I like to drive again), comfortable, easy on the eyes in plum pearl metallic, great cargo space, well-built, reliable, and it's a Honda! I do have a couple of minor complaints: for the size and engine it could have better gas mileage; the seats hardly adjustable (even a hand crank to go up and down would be a big plus); and if it's windy my little Fit feels a bit unsteady (but, I don't drive on the freeway much). Still...you couldn't pry this car from my cold, dead hands. I luv it!"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "small, hard to see in parking lot."

"I bought it new in 2009 trading in my Honda CRV, I was worried about changing from a SUV to a compact car, but it drives ilike a bigger car in its visibility and interior. It maneuvers Luke a tiny car which makes it fun and easy to drive. I haven't had any repairs required, its been perfect."

Really fantastic

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive but I like sticks"

Cons: "Plenty of cup holders."

"I only have had it for six months, but I really enjoy it. There are only two things questionable about it and that is the slight hesitancy in third gear, which doesn't seem to add up to much, and the fact that it's too low on the front bumper. I have the manual base model, and I would advise that nobody buy the sport model, since the bumper is even lower. Mine scrapes so I can't imagine how badly the sport scrapes when going in and out of steep driveways, or even not so steep driveways. But this is not unusual for newer cars. All of my friends with minivans report the same thing, this scraping, and let's face it; we see it everywhere on the driveways, those markings. Great car. Totally understandable why US News says greatest small economy car. I only have 8,000 miles on my 2013, but expect it to go many many more. AC great, and radio very good too. Storage is incredible. The things I can fit in the Fit :)..."