2010 Honda Fit

Based on 284 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Awesome car, but needs better comfort

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Decent mpg, handling & power. Very roomy."

Cons: "Uncomfortable on long trips"

"I have a 2007 Fit Sport with 160,000+ miles. The interior is cheap, but it is to be expected since this car was really designed for a college student or a teenager and is the cheapest car Honda makes.. The comfort level in this car is awful. After about 250 miles of driving, my tailbone, thighs and legs begin to get sore and tired. I've read where some people on here are getting 40+ mpg on the interstate and roughly 36 mpg in the city. How some of these drivers are getting this type of gas mileage is beyond me, especially since it is never mentioned how fast they are driving on the interstate. I only average 32-33 mpg driving 75 mph and using cruise. Roughly 90% of my driving is interstate. When I have done a lot of city driving and no interstate driving, I get about 27 mpg. I'm not a run and gun type driver either. I've tried driving as much as 10 mph slower on the interstate with negligible improvement. As for the onboard computer (2009 model or later) the mpg calculation can be off as much as 5 mpg. I've talked to many car owners with the on board computer and hear the computer can be anywhere from 1-5 mpg off an actual hand calculation. Even though you won't be precise when doing the hand calculation, it's usually more accurate than the computer. I keep the maintenance up on this car and it is mechanically a sound car, but as with all cars, you must maintain them! I've only changed the spark plugs once and the brake pads as of this writing are in good shape for at least another 50k miles. Other than that, I've only needed to change the oil and transmission fluid when it is required per the owners manual. When driving on the interstate, you hear a lot of wind and road noise, which causes you to crank the radio up just to hear it. It handles great. The power in this car is to be desired, but I didn't purchase it for the power it doesn't have. There is a lot more room to haul stuff than you think. I can haul three 25 gallon tool chest and 5-6 hand tool boxes (drills, labelers, electronic testers, ect.) in the rear with the seats down. I would recommend this car to anyone that needs a fuel efficient car to get back and forth to work, around town or school."

great configuration, decent engine, cheap interior

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "very versatile car, fun to drive, cargo"

Cons: "needy steering on the highway, cheap interior"

"This car does everything a basic car should do, it gets you and a lot of your stuff from a to b. It is a foot shorter than my old sedan, and can haul a lot more stuff in the process. It looks tiny on the outside, but is cavernous on the inside. The rear magic seats are rarely ever down, I use that area to haul groceries, etc. The hatchback is very useful for me in my day job because I can load up my tools, equipment, etc in the rain without getting wet since the hatch provides cover. Driving position is high, due to the fact that the gas tank is under your seat, which allows a lower cargo floor in the back. Engine bay has a smaller battery than typical sized 12v, not sure how much a replacement will cost or availability. The engine is sized for economy but if you spank it you'll get moving when you need to. I have the paddle shifters which don't make the car any faster but make it easier to drive in rush hour stop/go, they also help keep the car 'spun up' at the right rpm to do what you need to do (on-ramp, passing, etc). I read online that manual mode is useful on the interstate to reduce downshifts on hills, I find this to be true. My all around mpg is higher than honda's est of 29/33, way more, I get 33 in the city and 42 on the highway if I don't push it and if I don't have something on the hitch rack. Interior is a bit of a let down for the money, I wish it was beige or gray, shows dirt too easily. I immediately added a new center console with full-size arm rest from college hills honda, took me about 30 minutes. On the highway this car does not track well, it requires constant attention to keep straight, I think this is a combination of huge side area and very narrow tires, I may try to use wider tires when the time for replacement comes. The headlights are great, the noise level is low for the auto, I've heard the manual is noisier. I love the stereo with usb plug in the glove box, I didn't get the navi. I added a 1.25" hitch so I could mount my bike on a hitch rack, no issues there. Climate controls are very simple, easy to adjust, kind of retro for a 2012 car. I wish the rear cargo light had an on/off switch, went camping recently and wanted to turn it off manually, though it does turn off after several minutes. I think there is an acura cargo light with switch that fits this spot exactly, I may upgrade. All in all a very practical, cheap to own/drive car that is sporty-feeling and well made, with just a few minor annoyances that I can live with."

I have 2012 Honda Fit Sport

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "I like the price the quality an the Dealer"

Cons: "Needs rear dic brakes"

"This is my second Fit I had 2010 it was great but loud road noise. Had it for two years. Then my wife saw 2012 Fit with a new color . We traded in for $4500 difference the 2010 had 40k and need tire . Was very happy with the deal . The 2012 is much improved less road noise steering is better an you cannot beat Honda service my local dealer is just great"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "easy handling, great value, lots of space"

Cons: "slow acceleration"

"I purchased a 2013 Fit Sport, the first car I've ever bought myself. I haven't had it very long, but I am in love with it and I use pretty much every opportunity I have to drive it. For a small car, it's very roomy on the inside and it's perfect for a single, young person like me. The car is very zippy and fun to drive, and I am averaging around 37 mpg. I love the hatchback style and the fold-down back seats provide plenty of extra room. But I think my favorite feature is the USB port, which is new to me since my old car was a 1998. I can just leave my iPod hooked up and change the songs with the steering wheel controls, and I don't have to worry about syncing it with a radio station like I used to. The speaker system is also fantastic; the volume automatically adjusts itself according to how fast you're going. I'm not a car expert so I can't say much about the mechanics of the car, but I will say that the pickup on it is much slower than I'm used to, probably because the engine is so tiny. I wasn't able to strip down the price much. The MSRP was $18,700 and I bought it for $18,350. Still, the monthly payment is very affordable and Honda's got such a good reputation, I think it was worth every penny."

BEST LITTLE CRITTER ON THE ROAD TODAY !!

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "DEFINITELY FUN TO DRIVE."

Cons: "INTERIOR CARPET COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER GRADE."

"HAVE USED THIS CRITTER TO HAUL THINGS. ITS A VERY PEPPY VEHICLE AND I'VE EXPERIENCED NO PROBLEMS WITH HILLS OR WITH PASSING. I LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR !"