2009 Honda Fit

Based on 306 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great little car

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to park, it FITs"

Cons: "No auto climate control"

"It will go 400 miles on less than 10 gallons of gas at 55 to 60 mph. The AC and heat needs more work to be right, always haveing to adjusting the temp up and down and there is a noticeable draft on the door panels when its cold out. I would still recommend this car"

My 2013 fit

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "good price,great mileage,spacious,good city drive"

Cons: "very uncomfortable car,under powered engine"

"I bought this fit couple of months ago. I have a base model. The best thing about this car is that it is very spacious.You can fit almost anything to it. But at the same time it is very uncomfortable for long drives. It's very very good for city driving and 1-2 hours drive on level surface.It struggles to accelerate (a bit) on uphill. But if you are looking for a daily commute car or for city driving go for it and yes you can just fit it into ANY parking space !:) So far , I like it."

Everything you need from a car (but not much more)

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, cargo space, value"

Cons: "ergonomics, road noise, small gas tank"

"I bought my 09 fit brand-new and have had no issues through 88,000 miles. It's a joy to drive (although certainly not quick), and with the rear seats down-flat, it is a great little hauler. The fit and finish of the car isn't great, but I doubt if there is a car with better value on the dollar."

great value!

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "economy, economy, economy!"

Cons: "cabin road noise at highway speeds"

"i bought this car for one reason, economic value. it has turned out to be a great choice. i opt-ed for the basic package, as this was the most economical, it made the most sense, because you can't justify the alloy wheels and rear spoiler adding to the economic operation of the vehicle. the fuel economy is listed as 25/33 mpg. for the manual transmission, but i have been driving with fuel economy in mind, for over 50,000 miles, and i am averaging 46.7 mpg. (according to the average mpg. gauge on the dash, as well as my own calculations.) the amount of space afforded by the magic seating system, is amazing to say the least. i have moved a full sized stove, for a friend with no problem. cabin road noise would be the most likely "con" i would point out to potential buyers, although, it is better than i noticed in both the nissan versa, and chevy aveo that i test drove before this purchase. i waited to review this until now, because i was sure something would lessen my enthusiasm, but, to date, my over all satisfaction is growing."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "awesome gas mileage!"

Cons: "no sun or moonroof"

"This car is so fun to drive! The sound system is great, too! The only thing I wish is that it came with a sun or moonroof. I average 42-46 MPG (I mostly drive highway). Best car I have ever owned!"

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Just about everything"

Cons: "Road noise on hwy"

"Great on gas, tons of space for a small car. Great build quality."

Great gas milage. Fun to drive.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "great milage"

Cons: "bumpy ride"

"I love my fit. It looks small outside but inside it seems bigger. I got a 55 in LCD TV in the back still in the box. I get 37 MPG."

Honda Fit Sport

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Price, Fun, MPG, Reliability, Winter warrior."

Cons: "Could use a smaller blind spot on the left."

"Love it. Two words for it and nothing more. P.S. I wanted to buy a VW TDI for better MPG BUT I will have to drive the VW for a million miles before it will prove itself worth buying and I am not going to even mention how much maintenance VW will need(know people who have bought VW for their whole life) and that will probably make it 2 million miles before it will be worthier than the Honda Fit. I also drive a Honda prelude and I haven't had the guts to sell it because I've had it for so long, but believe me Fit hasn't disappointed me once in performance and handling and I love to drive it even long distance. I've never had a problem with the fit driving it on the highway during the winter and I have passed so many semi trucks that were in the ditch due to snow and slippery roads and I was afraid but the car did not let me down. I am going to knock on wood, maybe its luck maybe its the driver maybe its the car whatever it may be I still think that the Fit had something to do with it."

Great car! fun to drive; gas sipper

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "very fuel efficent; very affordable; love the different seat configuations"

Cons: "non auto sensor headlights; non dimming dash display; radio too large"

"I bought my 2011 Honda Fit in late May and promptly took it on a cross state trip within the first week! I managed to hit the 1,000mile mark by the 9th day of ownership! This car is very responsive and a lot of fun to drive! I would recommend this car. I average 37 MPG with a 70 mile a day commute w/ half freeway and half stop and go city driving. some minor flaws include: non auto sensor headlights; non dimming dash display (although it is a very pretty blue color scheme); car is hard to keep looking clean; A/C fan not very stong"

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I traded my '07 Civic EX coupe reluctantly, because I bought a house and needed something with more hauling capabilities. They offered me a decent deal because it was late in '08 and the economy and all. I kind of felt like I was trading down initially. But after having the car for a few days, I immediately loved it! It handles great, has enough power to keep up with traffic and I average about 33mpg and have gotten about 42 mpg on road trips. And I hauled a 42" flat screen tv in it. A small recliner as well haha. If they bring out an SI version with maybe the 140hp Civic motor in it and a sunroof, I will definately trade for it! Otherwise, I plan on keeping this little car till it dies!"

I love my Fit

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"I traded in my 2009 Chevy Aveo for the 2010 Honda Fit and I love it. The Fit is a great car for around town but it's not bad on long trips either. I'm petite so the car is comfortable for me. I've heard complaints that it's not comfy on long trips but I've found it to be adequate. I love the design of the car and the gas milage is wonderful! I commute 30 miles to and from work and generally average about 38 mpg hwy. I love the USB adapter and the sound system is quite good. It's easy to transport items for moving etc. due to the fold down seats. My only complaint is the material the seats are made of. I have the Fit Sport and really wanted another material for the seats but there is only one type. If you have pets and can't stand hair in your car this might not be the car for you because the seats are like a lint brush! If you can overlook that this little car is fabulous!"

Awesome Little Car

By on Thursday, June 24, 2010

"I LOVE my Honda Fit! I did cash for clunkers last year and went from a huge Jeep Grand Cheorkee to the Fit. It's our little Transformer car as we like to call it. The reviews and pictures are true, I love the way the seats go up and down and is great for moving boxes or bringing home stuff from the hardward store. The seats could use a little more comfort and the black cloth really does capture all items, so good to keep a lint brush around when you own the car. I'd recommend to everyone. It doesn't have tons of power on the hills but I'm fine with that. I get about 33-35 miles a gallon! Cute little car for a great price."

Superb Little Car

By on Saturday, September 3, 2016

Pros: "Great handling, stereo, and reliabiity"

Cons: "Interior materials could be better"

"After going through many American model cars and trucks I took the jump and said "what the heck" I am going to go with trusted reliability. I checked all the reviews and bing, bang, boom, I was driving a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. I got the five speed manual only because they gave me a great deal, but to tell you the truth I'm glad I did. If you can get past the plastics in the dashboard components, there is really nothing not to love about this car. I get 35-40 miles per gallon(can't help but love that). I love the navigation and I-pod, I-phone hook-up neatly tucked away in an extra glove box compartment. Other regular glove box as well. Plenty of nooks, compartments, and drink-holders. Easy to read dashboard that tells you miles per gallon, tire pressure monitor, oil change sensor, tachometer, and the other usual readouts. The 160 watt premium stereo(AM/FM CD player)comes with every adjustment you would ever want plus fast forward and reverse and has 6 speakers around the car to boot. I've had many, many cars and it sounds better than 99% of them. Consumer Reports rates it all red dots(outstanding),with the exception of the climate control system. Don't believe it. It works great. Of course it has cruise, power windows, locks, intermittent wipers, tilt and telescopic steering wheel(leather), and great interior lighting. The "magic" back seat is cool, folding up to offer additional space. The storage space under the back hatchback is more than ample. I have carried 3 bikes in this car. You can't beat that for a subcompact. I have had no problem with traction or driving in snow with this car. At 65,00 miles the only thing I have had to do is get new front brakes, new tires, and change the oil. No, it doesn't have a backup camera. No big deal, just look. If you could complain about anything it might be the weird positioning of the passenger side wiper. It just looks weird, it works just fine. Also, a note; this car has the more expensive Dunlop Sport 16" tires. They are great for ride and traction but they are a softer tire and wear out quicker. I would opt for the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max or the Michelin Premier A/S. They are a little more expensive but will last twice as long. I found this out after talking to several mechanics and tire store personnel."

50,000 miles later

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "practical, economical, well equipped, reliable"

Cons: "need place to put sunglasses, want sunroof"

"2011 base automatic bought new principally for commuting (30 miles each way). Average 35+ mpg. Original tires worn out at 40,000 miles, original battery replaced in 2014. Other than that, only oil changes. Excellent value, reliable, versatile, well-equipped, but with some quirks- there's a space in the console with cupholders and a tray for coins and whatnot, but it's too far forward to be of much use. Why no overhead storage for sunglasses, like minivans were doing 30 years ago? And I'd pay for a factory sunroof if they offered one. The carpet material by my right foot is wearing out. Can't complain too much, though- the car is amazingly well equipped for the price. It is smooth, quiet, easy to drive, easy to park, and can hold a lot of stuff when you fold the seats down. And the tall roofline means I don't bash my head getting in and out."

Best small car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, roominess, easy fold down for cargo"

Cons: "A little pricey but worth it."

"I've driven this car thru 5 MN winters and it's never failed me. It may not be the fastest car but the tight maneuverability makes up for it. The interior is roomy. Big people get in & are amazed at the comfort, etc. The fold down sets in the hatchback are so simple & I can accommodate a lot of cargo. I love it even after all this time. It still feels like a new car, no rattles even on the MN potholes."

I get the last laugh at the pump

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, fuel efficiency, plenty of room"

Cons: "environmental controls could be improved"

"My coworkers still drive big SUVs for a one person commute and they tease me about my tiny car, but my 10 gal tank lasts me a whole week and I work 40 min away with only a small hwy segment. This includes my running around for groceries, gym, etc. The Honda Fit has better visibility than most small cars because it sits a little higher. There is plenty of room (we're average sized). I used to sell cars for a GM/Honda dealership and I can tell you - BUY HONDA. This car holds its value. I remember the agony of still owing on a Pontiac Sunbird when the transmission went completely out and had to be replaced. I heard these stories all the time from customers, the mechanics, and sales managers. I have a small gripe about the environmental controls in my Fit. When you select floor only, for example, you still get some heat/air from the upper vents and vice versa. The smaller engine means the a/c takes a little longer to cool, but everyone knows that Honda makes the best a/c. I drive the sport version in red, and it is cute, cute, cute. I'm practical, so this is minimally important, but a nice bonus."

I Love This Car

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Fun,quality,storage,economy,huge space inside,view"

Cons: "No outside temp,"

The white is a nice color

"I bought this car new in 2010 as a replacement for our second car.I have followed this car from the beginning and read the rave reviews and finally decided this is the car for me.After purchasing I like this car more than I thought I would.The main reasons for purchasing this car are gas mileage,fun factor,storage space,reliability and the Honda name.Nobody makes a car like this but Honda.The magic seat and flat fold down area in back with 57.3 cubic feet is awesome.It's not fast but faster than you think sometimes and I love the paddle shifters on the automatic.I was amazed at how smooth and quiet this car is and how confident it feels at speed."

My video

The white is a nice color

Car and Driver 10 Best Cars 5 years in a row

Rock Solid

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

Pros: "Good on gas, very fun to drive, lots of room (I'm a big guy) and is very reliable."

Cons: "No cons, just suggestions"

"2 year report. No problems what so ever. No squeaks, rattles, shakes or vibrations. Paint is still brilliant and interior holding up well. Starts everytime, delivers very cold AC (live in Florida) good on gas. Combined City/Hwy is 35.5 without AC, 33 with. Engine is ok, wish it had just a little more ummph. No complaints what so ever. Suggestions: put audio controls on steering wheel, upgrade door upholstery. Lots and lots of cup holders. Otherwise, I very very good car I think will give me at least 15 to 20 years service."

MY dream car

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"So I'm being biased on this but I have been wanting a Fit since 2008, but I didn't have a need for a car since i had public transportation and that was it for just school. But this car is used primarily for commuting in the city to and from school and work with the occasional trips around the city if not out of the city. I just got the Fit and it drives like a champ. I used to have an 09 Yaris (before someone totalled it) and this was a nice transition to something that has a bit more power. I like that there is almost a good 360 view around inside of the car and the seats are comfortable. My Fit came with a cargo tray in the back, and all the standard features. The extra security, the anti-theft system that comes with it, is a GREAT addition! I leave my car by itself for long periods of time when I'm at work and when I'm not at home so its nice to know that my car is protected. This car is great for commuters and on gas!"

The Fit just Fits us!

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"We have a 2009 Honda Accord with all the nuts & bolts and also leased a 2010 Fit Sport-we enjoy the fit much more than the accord. It has more pickup, the mileage is fantastic-30-33 in town & up to 40 mpg on the highway!!! Don't let the Honda Fit fool you-its the best car we have ever driven! My husband is 62yrs of age & I am 59yrs of age-we LOVE the Honda Fit-going to trade in the accord for a 2nd Fit next week!"

Love our new Fit!

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"My husband had been at me for over six months to get something to replace my 2001 Ford Taurus which was still running well but had high mileage. We did a lot of research and ended up with a 2009 Honda Fit and we love it! Great comfortable ride, lots of room......and the best part, we are getting 42 mpg with an automatic; how great is that? I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!"

Ongoing problem with blower motor and resister.

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

"Just bought 2011 Honda Fit from dealer 2015. Noticed blower motor not functioning on high. Dealer had to replace since I didn't even take off lot. I year later, exact same issue. Dealer does not want to hear about it. Honda will not claim this is an ongoing issue with this model. my problem. Googled my car, this found to be common problem."

Great value in an exceptionally practical car

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros: "Value"

Cons: "No sun roof in my model year."

"I bought my Fit new in 2011. It has manual transmission and I have been able to average consistently well over 40 mpg. (I am a careful driver and I don't usually accelerate quickly.) I have found that many cars don't have enough leg room for me, but the internal design of the Fit is comfortable in the front seats. (The back seats are pretty good--not too cramped.) The most amazing thing about the Fit is how much it can hold in the back. I'll be going back to Honda for another Fit in a year or two."

Reliable and simple transportation

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Head room, reliability, controls, visibility"

Cons: "Small gas tank, cheaper looking plastics"

"Cons: A bigger gas tank would be nice. Some plastic fit has small gaps. Exterior for my base model is a bit bland. A little noisy cabin but better than some older Hondas. Gas mileage suffers considerably due to aerodynamics at higher speeds. In my experience using the average gas mileage computer and calm wind conditions: 55mph = ~45mpg 65mph = ~40mpg 70mph = ~37mpg 75mph = ~33mpg 80mph = ~28mpg Pros: Excellent head room front and back. After 19,000 miles no repairs need. Easy to use controls. Good visibility. Good amount of space for cargo with seats down. Ride is pretty comfortable. Regular maintenance interval is between 7000 - 9000 miles, which saves time by not having to visit dealer/shops often."

Love it so far

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "better than expected MPG"

Cons: "Don't care for power windows, door locks, USB, etc"

"Bought mine new for $17,000 or so with tax and license, 5 speed manual. I've had it for 1 1/2 years and only have 7000 miles on it, use it mainly for city/country driving. Getting 38-40 MPG, was more like 34-36 at first. You can "Fit" a lot into it with the rear seats down. Very happy with my purchase! If I had to find a complaint it would be it's a little noisy from inside...and of course there's not much power there, but seems to take the mountain passes OK. Freeway driving MPG drops to around 35."