2009 Honda Fit

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Fantastic car

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage and hauling ability"

Cons: "Angle of head rests, spring actuated gas cap cover"

"The second best car I've owned - right behind my Honda CRX. Fun to drive with the manual transmission, and extremely versatile cargo hauler. I've moved a lot of things a sedan, or even an SUV, couldn't handle. Average 38 to 40 mpg without much effort, though I live in a flat world. Drives well in snow too, although snow tends to build up behind front wheels. Downside is spring actuated gas cap cover (hasn't worn out yet, but...) and angle of headrests can be annoying."

70,000 Mile review

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage Versatility Magic seat."

Cons: "No leather seats"

"In 2 years we have put 70,000 miles on this car. The versatility of Fit blows away any other small cars. Gas mileage is better than ratings. 34/city 39/highway. Planning next years road trips. there is some trade offs underpowered on mountain roads. Not the smoothest ride. My favorite is Magic back seat in tall mode. This thing is so roomy only trouble was power steering failed after 3000 mile road trip. There are cheaper cars but I don't regret owning a Fit."

Super economic, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, takes 87 octane, reliable"

Cons: "Cheap construction, low power"

"Engine: Ok, it has an asmatic gerbal on treadmill, but that gerbil will give you everything its got when you put your foot down. It revs up and puts the power down. If its not strong enough, well, consider a k20 swap. Or buy a civic. Make sure you get a manual if you can drive one; you need the revs if you want to get up to speed at a reasonable raate. Suspension: Love it. Even for as tall as it is it doesnt flop over in turns and keeping traction is pretty easy. Ride quality is sporty but not harsh, a difficult juggling act to pull off. Turn in response is crisp and the turn radius is TINY. Econpomy: My wife is getting 36 mpg highway. She drives like a bat out of heck. You could probably sqeeze 40. With a little turbo you could definatly get 40. And more hp... Interior: Love the styling, hate the materials. Granted it is an entry level subcompact, but EVERYTHING is hard plastic! I was surprised that the steering wheel wasnt hard plastic! The fabric uppolstery is great at holding hair but not too functional. BUT it is fairly comfortable and there is SOOOOO much visibility that you really wont care. Exterior: I like the looks, but the hood gets rock chipped really easy. And the bumper. And the mirrors. However, I like the styling, the stock rims look good, and in general I like it. I just wish Honda wasn't so stingy on thier paint. Sound: really good little sound system in there. Plenty of high end, the bass is a bit week but not bad. Overall, for the price I think this is the best car in class, and probably one of the to best overall cars."

Very Happy 2012 Fit Sport Owner

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Efficient, Very Fun to Drive, Cargo Space"

Cons: "Susspension, Engine Struggles Full of Passengers"

"A car that's well worth the asking price. A VERY fun peppy car to drive around town, and to work. I agree that the suspension/shocks are stiff, basically a box with wheels, however, I've heard this of many other hatchback class vehicles. Fuel mileage is very good, but I suppose if it broke down the 40 MPG wall, it would be all the better. The USB in the glove box and Aux Input are very nice touches for an economy class car. As are the controls on the wheel. The visibility is also leagues above the rest. Road noise also better than other hatchback class cars of same price. Very fun to drive, and has great cargo space. I would highly recommend getting the Sport if you're thinking about purchasing, well worth the little extra asking price. Manual if can drive stick. Pass on the Navi."

Not the perfect car, but good purchase

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Good mpg, fits a ton"

Cons: "Struggles to pass, merge. Hard to find parts."

"I bought this car used in 2014 with 42k miles on it. I had researched the heck out of it and had initially ruled the Fit out because of serious complaints about wind resistance/difficulty keeping it on the road at high speeds. When I took this car out for a test drive that is the first thing that I tested. Maybe it's because the '09 is bigger than its predecessors or because of the exterior sport styling of this particular vehicle that alters how it handles but this is an issue that I found to be non-existent. I happily bought the car the next day. The "Fit" really does do just that-I have stashed all kinds of stuff in the hatch by laying the seats flat (essentially making it a 2-seater car for months at a time). From a full 7 pc. drumset to a recliner to ten 50 lb. bags of mulch, etc. this car takes it all with no complaint. It handles well and delivers a fun ride with very little troubles. Do not be duped by the "sport" handle, there is very little sportiness about it, especially given that the engine struggles mightily up hills or with more than 2 adults in the car. Gas mileage is great- avg 34 mpg combined. Some complaints: interior is hard cheap plastic, seats can be uncomfortable if driving for more than 4 hours, A/C unit was quite bad when living in hot, humid NC. Unit would go in and out of cold air/warm air even when cycling inside car, having all appropriate knobs turned, etc. Also A/C knob, volume knob for stereo gets very hot to the touch for no reason. Gas light comes on about 50 miles too early. One of the bigger complaints I have is that for some reason, every car part is abnormal, small and hard to find. Don't expect to easily pick up a new battery when the old one dies-most stores don't carry this particular size. Had to change out a tire recently and due to the unusual size had to pay twice as much for the tire itself, not to mention that no store in the region carried it. Had one shipped in, paying more for that too. So, not the perfect car with a fair amount of negatives but still enjoying my purchase."