2009 Honda Fit

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Honda Fit is a kid's car.

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"We bought a brand new Honda Fit in summer, '09. The door for the gas had a missing part so it would not open. Honda fixed it right away. Next, the back hatch dropped down - i.e., the two pistons on both sides of the hatch in the back failed and the hatch hit my husband on the head. Honda fixed it right away. The ride is bumpy - we feel every pothole. We have an automatic and in the winter the gas mileage is around 20 mpg! This is really lower than advertised. On the highway, it gets above 33, as advertised. This car has a very small motor - I can barely get to 70 mph when accelerating all the way if there is a small upgrade on the highway. I have yet to go above 70 mph. This was no problem with our Toyota Prius, which was smashed by a truck, unfortunately. We bought the Honda Fit because it was cheap, but this is really a kid's car, not for older adults like us. I would not buy again."

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I really enjoy driving my 2009 Fit Sport. The 5 speed manual is a great transmission and shifts very smoothly. The clutch is light, but not too light. There is a USB connection in the upper glove box which supports iPods and flash drives. This is one of my favorite features because you don't have to deal with CD's and you can control everything through the head unit instead of fiddling with the iPod. The only issue I have with it is that in cold weather the gas mileage seems to drop 8-10 mpg, but I am still getting between 29-32 mpg with fairly spirited driving, which mostly happens off the highway. The styling of this car, inside and out, is great. I believe it looks better than the past four cars I have owned which included an 04 Mini Cooper S and an 06 Honda Civic. Overall, this car is great for the cost. I paid $16,800 out the door without much haggling."

Nice car for money

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"We have had this car for less than 6 months and it currently clocks in at 27000 miles we have had it since 7 miles. Only 4 oil changes so far and thats it, very easy to maintain always get about 37 mpg mixed driving. Very nice interior seats fold up or down can haul way more than you think. I am 6'3" and 300lbs and fit in it no problem lots of headroom. The only thing it needs is a center console standard."

A MINI PICK UP

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"IV'E HAD THE CAR FOR 5 MONTHS. ALMOST EVERY THING CAN 'FIT" IN IT.MADE A RACK ON TOP FOR 4 BY 8 PLYWOOD.FREE WAY DRIVING AT 75MPH CAN BE TRYING.ONLY GET ABOUT 32MPG.A VERY GOOD CAR. WOULD BUY IT AGAIN JUST FOR THE FIT."

Great value

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"I used to drive a MazdaSpeed 3 which was a lot more fun to drive than a fit, but fuel economy and practicality had me trade it in for a fit. I test drove the automatic version of this car and then bought one with a standard transmission sight unseen. Seems like standard transmission is much harder to find, but so worth it. The automatic was very poor performance, with a manual you can make it drive much more responsively. It made the transition from a small hatchback with 276 horsepower to one with only 117 much more bearable. It performs pretty well, very reliable, and it can actually haul quite of bit of stuff. Plus you can park in those tiny spaces you'd never attempt with an SUV. I have had zero problems so far. I love the size of the gas tank, with only 10 gallons to fill up and having that last 400 miles is so much better then having to buy premium gas and fill up twice as often. Way to go Honda. I will run this car into the ground, which I'm expecting to come some 300,000 miles later at least. By then it will have been paid off for many years and earned every bit of its cost in the process."