2009 Honda Fit

Based on 265 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

has been a good little car

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Reason: uncomfortable

Pros: "very practical, good price, decent mpg, reliable"

Cons: "uncomfortable, noisy, mpg decrease at 95k"

"I have had my fit for 5'5 years. It has been a good reliable car. I love the seat versatility. It's great for anything I want to carry, and a good dog car. It's very cute, and makes me feel younger at heart. it's only been in the shop for tires, and the first battery died a month ago. It still looks good. I am trading it in for a nissan hatch back. The comfort level is poor, and the ride is very noisy and rough. Not a pleasure to drive long distances"

My 2013 fit

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "good price,great mileage,spacious,good city drive"

Cons: "very uncomfortable car,under powered engine"

"I bought this fit couple of months ago. I have a base model. The best thing about this car is that it is very spacious.You can fit almost anything to it. But at the same time it is very uncomfortable for long drives. It's very very good for city driving and 1-2 hours drive on level surface.It struggles to accelerate (a bit) on uphill. But if you are looking for a daily commute car or for city driving go for it and yes you can just fit it into ANY parking space !:) So far , I like it."

Love it! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Very low to the ground."

"The best "FIT" for me. LOVE IT!"

Love it so far

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "better than expected MPG"

Cons: "Don't care for power windows, door locks, USB, etc"

"Bought mine new for $17,000 or so with tax and license, 5 speed manual. I've had it for 1 1/2 years and only have 7000 miles on it, use it mainly for city/country driving. Getting 38-40 MPG, was more like 34-36 at first. You can "Fit" a lot into it with the rear seats down. Very happy with my purchase! If I had to find a complaint it would be it's a little noisy from inside...and of course there's not much power there, but seems to take the mountain passes OK. Freeway driving MPG drops to around 35."

Really fantastic

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive but I like sticks"

Cons: "Plenty of cup holders."

"I only have had it for six months, but I really enjoy it. There are only two things questionable about it and that is the slight hesitancy in third gear, which doesn't seem to add up to much, and the fact that it's too low on the front bumper. I have the manual base model, and I would advise that nobody buy the sport model, since the bumper is even lower. Mine scrapes so I can't imagine how badly the sport scrapes when going in and out of steep driveways, or even not so steep driveways. But this is not unusual for newer cars. All of my friends with minivans report the same thing, this scraping, and let's face it; we see it everywhere on the driveways, those markings. Great car. Totally understandable why US News says greatest small economy car. I only have 8,000 miles on my 2013, but expect it to go many many more. AC great, and radio very good too. Storage is incredible. The things I can fit in the Fit :)..."

I Love (d) my fit

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"I purchased this car because I thought it was cute (yeah who buys a car for cuteness?) anyway.. I loved it for a couple months until I had neck and back pain which I blame on the ergonomics of driving this very Uncomfortable car. I purchased a cheap cushy chair pad at walmart to help my aching butt on my 2 hr daily commute to work. The cushion helped but I constantly have neck and left shoulder pain from this car. Why do I blame it on the car? because I never had this pain BEFORE the car. I love the spacious ness of the inside of it and its still cute, but Im hating the long drives and being uncomfortable, Im done after 3 years and looking for a new car."

Great Gas Mileage - Fun To Drive

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive, good storage places"

Cons: "wish the interior came in a color besides BLACK !!"

"I love my Honda Fit. It gets great gas mileage. I get around 35 mpg. The back seats drop easily and it will hold all 3 of my dogs and lots of luggage or bark mulch etc. I bot the bright royal blue. I wanted purple but that color was discontinued in 2010. It has many little storage places and many cup holders."

Love my Honda Fit

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

"Getting 40+mpg in the summer, especially on long trips, but generally 36-37mpg around town. Love the diversity of the back seat fold-downs. You can store items under the back seats when in up or down position. In the down position, the back is so flat, you can sleep in the car. Only complaint is the floor fabric is cheap and wears quickly. In spite of this, it's good value for the money."

So disappointed

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "inside room, body style, dash board features"

Cons: "poor mpg, shifting, accelerating"

"Am so disappointed in this 2010 Fit Sport Automatic. Had a 2008 Fit standard, and it was such a dreamboat car. Unbelievable mileage, handling, shifting, inside room, you name it, it had it. It was totalled, and got this 2010 automatic, 2 years newer with half the mileage. Drives like a truck, noisy, cruise control won't work consistently, hate the paddle shifting, it's a dog on the highway and in town. It chuggs when upshifting, 18 wheelers pass me going up a slight grade. What happened to Honda engineering? They should hire the 2008 team back. Sorry Honda. I'm going back to the dealership to see what they will do for me. I am sad."

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "great safety (read this!), great handling"

Cons: "no center storage consolfe"

"After 3 months of ownership I was in a car accident on a major highway in Orlando where a honda civic hit me going 55 mph when I was at a dead stop due to traffic. The momentum of him slamming me caused me to hit the car in front of me. The driver of the honda was unconscious after the collision and firemen used the jaws of life to extract him from his car, which was a total loss. I have the Titanium trim that has Sync, and it automatically called 911 when the car realized I was in an accident and sent the 911 operator my location before she talked to me. My car held up awesome during the accident and was repaired 100% afterwards. Besides that, I love the titanium version of this car. The inside is gorgeous and comfortable with soft spots at all the right locations, like where your elbow sits on the side. I also love the handling. The steering is smooth like butter and very responsive. The car also gets ample acceleration. The transmission is "quirky" as everyone else says but I actually like it. The shift from 1st to 2nd can be a little rough sometimes but all of the other shifts are so smooth that you wouldn't be able to tell without the different rpm noises. If you are really into all of the bells and whistles too, make sure you get the ambient lighting feature. It's the perfect extra touch. I drive about 2500 miles/ month and love the fuel efficiency of the car as well. The biggest cons are no center storage console and the version of Sync in this car doesn't work right all of the time (although its a must for the 911 assist!). The audio is great though."

Everything you need from a car (but not much more)

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, cargo space, value"

Cons: "ergonomics, road noise, small gas tank"

"I bought my 09 fit brand-new and have had no issues through 88,000 miles. It's a joy to drive (although certainly not quick), and with the rear seats down-flat, it is a great little hauler. The fit and finish of the car isn't great, but I doubt if there is a car with better value on the dollar."

second fit in a row I have owned, One of the best.

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "I like everything about this car."

"the best overall small car I have owned."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "easy handling, great value, lots of space"

Cons: "slow acceleration"

"I purchased a 2013 Fit Sport, the first car I've ever bought myself. I haven't had it very long, but I am in love with it and I use pretty much every opportunity I have to drive it. For a small car, it's very roomy on the inside and it's perfect for a single, young person like me. The car is very zippy and fun to drive, and I am averaging around 37 mpg. I love the hatchback style and the fold-down back seats provide plenty of extra room. But I think my favorite feature is the USB port, which is new to me since my old car was a 1998. I can just leave my iPod hooked up and change the songs with the steering wheel controls, and I don't have to worry about syncing it with a radio station like I used to. The speaker system is also fantastic; the volume automatically adjusts itself according to how fast you're going. I'm not a car expert so I can't say much about the mechanics of the car, but I will say that the pickup on it is much slower than I'm used to, probably because the engine is so tiny. I wasn't able to strip down the price much. The MSRP was $18,700 and I bought it for $18,350. Still, the monthly payment is very affordable and Honda's got such a good reputation, I think it was worth every penny."

First and last new car

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "manual tranny, cool looking, great MPG"

Cons: "Sun visors useless, no sunroof, A/C so and so."

2012 honda fit sport manual transmission

"I bought this car new from the honda dealer in june 2012 with just 4 miles on it. I get an average of 33MPG and around 320 miles to the tank. I am astonished of all the safety features that this car has, the obvious ones and the others that you learn about the car as you drive it. Love the versatility of the rear magic seat, no other car in it's class have the same feature, back doors open wider than other cars. I'm hoping to have this car for as long as I can, since I payed cash for it, I am going to get every penny worth."

2012 honda fit sport manual transmission

Great gas milage, great car.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "I get 37.5 to 38mpg between fill-ups"

"I traded a 2010 Fit Sport for the 2012 Fit. My only regret is that I didn't get the sport this go round. 2014 will be the Sport again. Love the stereo, I have 53 Albums stored in a thumb drive that's tucked out of the way in the glove box (it can hold lots more)"

Great little car!

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Great price, reliable car, fun to drive"

"I love my Fit! It has a surprising amount of cargo room. We purchased a tall dresser from Ikea and had no problem fitting the box in the back with one of the seats laid down. I've flipped the seat up to carry a stack of yard tiles. Groceries are easy with this car. Keep in mind all this was also with my four year old in his booster seat on the smaller side of the rear seats. The Fit is a lot of fun to drive, has a lot of cup holders and I've had very little maintenance to worry about in the 11000 miles/1.5 years we've owned it. I really don't have any complaints with this car. Shortly I will be trying to figure out how to manage two kiddos in car seats in this car one forward Facing and one rear facing so I might end up with a slight change of heart, but we'll see."

Fantastic car

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage and hauling ability"

Cons: "Angle of head rests, spring actuated gas cap cover"

"The second best car I've owned - right behind my Honda CRX. Fun to drive with the manual transmission, and extremely versatile cargo hauler. I've moved a lot of things a sedan, or even an SUV, couldn't handle. Average 38 to 40 mpg without much effort, though I live in a flat world. Drives well in snow too, although snow tends to build up behind front wheels. Downside is spring actuated gas cap cover (hasn't worn out yet, but...) and angle of headrests can be annoying."

great value!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "economy, economy, economy!"

Cons: "cabin road noise at highway speeds"

"i bought this car for one reason, economic value. it has turned out to be a great choice. i opt-ed for the basic package, as this was the most economical, it made the most sense, because you can't justify the alloy wheels and rear spoiler adding to the economic operation of the vehicle. the fuel economy is listed as 25/33 mpg. for the manual transmission, but i have been driving with fuel economy in mind, for over 50,000 miles, and i am averaging 46.7 mpg. (according to the average mpg. gauge on the dash, as well as my own calculations.) the amount of space afforded by the magic seating system, is amazing to say the least. i have moved a full sized stove, for a friend with no problem. cabin road noise would be the most likely "con" i would point out to potential buyers, although, it is better than i noticed in both the nissan versa, and chevy aveo that i test drove before this purchase. i waited to review this until now, because i was sure something would lessen my enthusiasm, but, to date, my over all satisfaction is growing."

Best car for the money.

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, unmatched cardo space, MPG"

"If you look into market of similar cars, you can hardly find anything even close matching with Honda fit. It looks definitely better than Versa or Yaris. It has decent power for a car of it's class and it handle really well. Interior is nicely looking, but lots of plastic, but that to be expected. I also think that dashboard is nice and simple and does not look like it was made with chisel and hammer. Seats are as comfortable than in my '12 Accord. Cargo space is bigger than in any other car of it's class. Magic seats is a big plus too. MPG is not the best, but I guess it has to do with car's good response to the road, keep in mind that with manual transmission sport model gets 0-60 in under 9 seconds. It's fun to drive, and you don't feel inside of it like you are in small car. Bottom line is, it's honda it's going to last you for a while before anything is going to go horribly wrong with it."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it is fantastic!"

Cons: "No cons."

"I have owned a different car every year for the past 14 years except for this one which I have owned for 3 years. It is the second Fit I have owned and that is because I love it and have been looking for it for years. It is the best car I have owned in years. Literally, everything fits in it. It is the best car I have ever owned for my type use and everything fits in it. I will buy another one as soon as they redeign it to make it even better."

Excellent, reliable and oh so fun to drive!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "gas sipper, great interior space, peppy, reliable"

Cons: "no center console, dim headlights"

"I bought this car new in 09. I have the sport/navigation model. I consistently get 40-42 miles per gallon driving back and forth to work. It is fun to drive with excellent performance - it can keep up with the big boys which is necessary in high speed arizona. I am constantly amazed at the amount of cargo it can handle. The only down side is the use of some cheaper materials on the inside but at its price point that is not too big a deal. This is the first honda I have owned and it deffinitely won't be the last."

It is the perfect family car!

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "affordable, fuel efficient, tons of cup holders"

"I actually sell Hondas and I bought my Fit when I first started selling cars. I chose the Fit because I have a baby and we need to fit a lot of stuff in the car. I wanted a car I trusted and knew I could rely on, with great fuel efficiency, and that could fit all of my things and suit my lifestyle and personality. About what everyone wants out of a car, right? Well the Fit is absolutely perfect. It is incredible the things I can do with my car and the amount of space it has. My husband has a Civic so we use my car when we need to fit big things in the car. The Fit is so reliable and makes me feel very safe when I am driving. Especially with the weather we get in Kitsap County, feeling safe while driving is especially important. It is soooo insanely easy to clean my car, too. I just love everything about the Fit and I love selling them to customers because it is such a great car."

70,000 Mile review

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage Versatility Magic seat."

Cons: "No leather seats"

"In 2 years we have put 70,000 miles on this car. The versatility of Fit blows away any other small cars. Gas mileage is better than ratings. 34/city 39/highway. Planning next years road trips. there is some trade offs underpowered on mountain roads. Not the smoothest ride. My favorite is Magic back seat in tall mode. This thing is so roomy only trouble was power steering failed after 3000 mile road trip. There are cheaper cars but I don't regret owning a Fit."

Great value, it's a Honda

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pros: "price, mileage, surprisingly quick"

Cons: "hard ride"

"Great little car, avg over 35 mpg........."

I'm in love with my car!

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Hatch back, funcitonal, gas mileage, compact"

Cons: "center console power source location"

"My car is named Brad Fitt and I am in love with it. WHY I BOUGHT IT: I bought it new in 2010, 2 years ago, as my first car right out of college. I wanted something that had AC (simple.. I know.. but still an improvement to what I was driving before), good on gas, had USB for my mp3 player, nothing fancy. I wasn't going to go with the Sport edition at first just to save money but with the key's unlock button being better for insurance cost, I went with it. I'm so glad I did because it does look cooler than the standard edition. FUNCTIONAL: This was my very first car I bought on my own and as an engineer, I'm all about functionality. I LOVE the hatch back. I can never own a car without one ever again. My boyfriend likes to brag about his… sleek convertable but when it comes time to pick up some gym equipment, guess what car is needed? Good old Brad Fitt! Oh yeah, and I can fit in those "Compact Only" spots. Score. GAS MILEAGE: I'm so grateful for the gas mileage. I live in the suburbs of NJ so there are a lot of busy roads full of traffic lights but a lot of interstates, too. With that mix, I get about 33 mpg. 1 GRIEVANCE: My one pet peeve about the car- There is an outlet in the center console right behind a cup holder. I used to have a cell phone that needed one of those car chargers and whenever I had to hook it up, I could not fit a cup in the cup holder. I mean, how hard would it have been to place the power source on the side a little?? Silly.. but this is the reason I'm giving Design: Interior & Exterior 9/10. SUGGESTION: I've had dogs, grills, and other things that make a mess in the car but it is really easy to clean. I recommend buying the custom Honda Fit floor mats and trunk mat. They fit like a glove and make me a lot more relaxed about possible messes."