2009 Honda Fit

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Love it!!!

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"I loved this car since the beginning. Now after my first big car accident (T-boned), I can say that the Honda Fit road control performance saved my life, (it was a total loss); therefore, as soon as I can, I will replace it with another Honda Fit =)"

Very well built

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Six months, not one thing wrong. Solid as a rock. suggestions would be for radio controls on steering wheel, slightly better quality cloth on the doors and a little more umphhh from the engine. Other than than that, a very good high quility built car, inside and out."

Nice car for money

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"We have had this car for less than 6 months and it currently clocks in at 27000 miles we have had it since 7 miles. Only 4 oil changes so far and thats it, very easy to maintain always get about 37 mpg mixed driving. Very nice interior seats fold up or down can haul way more than you think. I am 6'3" and 300lbs and fit in it no problem lots of headroom. The only thing it needs is a center console standard."

Love our new Fit!

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"My husband had been at me for over six months to get something to replace my 2001 Ford Taurus which was still running well but had high mileage. We did a lot of research and ended up with a 2009 Honda Fit and we love it! Great comfortable ride, lots of room......and the best part, we are getting 42 mpg with an automatic; how great is that? I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!"

Good little car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, price, comfort, head room, cute, A/C"

Cons: "color options, no Bluetooth base model"

"Great on gas. Love the MPG feature, helps you see in real time how your driving affects gas mileage. I can get 39 MPG easily if I drive 55 and take it easy. otherwise averages 33-37. Comfortable seats. Easy controls. Family friendly. Feels safe and responsive. Small visors, however, do not block sun coming in from the side if you are of shorter height."

Suprisingly fun daily driver

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Fantastic utility. Sips fuel. Reliable."

Cons: "Not the cheapest or best value in class."

"This is the car I've driven for the past several years as my daily driver. I've found it to be a trouble free ownership experience, so far I've done nothing but the recommended maintenance, no surprise expenses. The fuel economy has been decent for it's class, usually in the low to mid 30's in mostly city driving with occasional highway. I probably have more of a lead foot then most. I would definitely have preferred the manual, but since my wife was gonna be driving it... The paddle shifters are an ok substitute for an actual shifter, though on the handful of times I've taken it to the track the paddles can be hard to find and slow to react if you pick the wrong gear for a corner, easy to do with the lack of torque. But manage to keep the revs and momentum up and it feels pretty quick. The handling has been adequate, nothing to blow you away even on extreme performance summer tires, but the steering feel is pretty amazing for a front wheel drive car. It goes where you point it with very little of the vagueness you get with most of the cars in this class. Storage is also cavernous for the class due to the clever packaging of the rear seats."

plenty of room, great gas mileage

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, reliable"

Cons: "road noise"

"This car has plenty of room for the whole family: two adults, two kids, dog, beach stuff, shopping bags, or even all of the above. Versatile back seat, overall storage maxes out to the equivalent of a mid-sized SUV. Now in the 4th year of ownership and I've still had no mechanical failures. All the stuff still works, and here's what I use a lot: window up/down, cruise control CD player, MP3 player, back seat fold, A/C. It used to get combined city/hwy 33+ mpg, lately it's been getting 32+, and we're talking regular 87 octane gas. It's a true gas sipper on the hwy, I live in FL with lots of straight, flat roads where it gets 44-48 mpg when there's no wind. If you want low total cost of ownership, this is your car. Around town it can get 52 mpg at the right speed/gear. You lose your mpg efficiency on acceleration b/c it has enough power to pull into traffic."

I am in love with my car

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Functional, gas mileage, hatch back, compact"

Cons: "Center console power source location"

"My car is named Brad Fitt and I am in love with it. WHY I BOUGHT IT: I bought it new in 2010, 2 years ago, as my first car right out of college. I wanted something that had AC (simple.. I know.. but still an improvement to what I was driving before), good on gas, had USB for my mp3 player, nothing fancy. I wasn't going to go with the Sport edition at first just to save money but with the key's unlock button being better for insurance cost, I went with it. I'm so glad I did because it does look cooler than the standard edition. FUNCTIONAL: This was my very first car I bought on my own and as an engineer, I'm all about functionality. I LOVE the hatch back. I can never own a car without one ever again. My boyfriend likes to brag about his sleek convertable but when it comes time to pick up some gym equipment, guess what car is needed? Good old Brad Fitt! Oh yeah, and I can fit in those "Compact Only" spots. Score. GAS MILEAGE: I'm so grateful for the gas mileage. I live in the suburbs of NJ so there are a lot of busy roads full of traffic lights but a lot of interstates, too. With that mix, I get about 33 mpg. 1 GRIEVANCE: My one pet peeve about the car- There is an outlet in the center console right behind a cup holder. I used to have a cell phone that needed one of those car chargers and whenever I had to hook it up, I could not fit a cup in the cup holder. I mean, how hard would it have been to place the power source on the side a little?? Silly.. but this is the reason I'm giving Design: Interior & Exterior 9/10. SUGGESTION: I've had dogs, grills, and other things that make a mess in the car but it is really easy to clean. I recommend buying the custom Honda Fit floor mats and trunk mat. They fit like a glove and make me a lot more relaxed about possible messes."

handles good, decent power, good fuel economy

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "space for 6'1" driver to stretch out"

Cons: "mild road noise, not worth skipping car over"

"31000 miles and still runs like when I bought it. spacious rear hatch ( an over full shopping carts worth of groceries)and still haul 4 people. With the rear seat folded there's even more room. good dash layout, cup holders everywhere. car is rated at 33 hwy, I usually get that, have driven "conservatively" and gotten 37 mpg. (this is actual mileage divided by gallons of gas used, not what dash says)"

great to have a honda hatchback again.

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "great gas mppg; nimble to drive; great space use"

Cons: "no door sill or bumper sill guards."

"This is a great comeback car for Honda. I have been looking for a 4 door hatchback to replace my'90 honda civic. I have the 2009 sport automatic. I wish a few things were standard -- as this is meant to be used to haul stuff -- like rear bumper guard and door sill guards. Also I miss not having a little storage bin near the drivers door for things like change for tolls and meters. I would be happy to exchange one of the cup holders for a small enclosed bin."

Great car, not perfect

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "MPG, cost of ownership, dependability"

Cons: "visors, dash display control, noise"

"I love this car. I get close to 42 mpg most of the time going back and forth to work. The conveniences make the car a pleasure to drive. There are a few minor things I don't like about the car. First is the visors, I drive south and east in the morning so the sun is either on the driver side or in front. That means I drive west and north in the evening. Again the sun is on the driver side or in front. I find the visors to be be totally worth less. I get cooked constantly because the visors just do no good. The control for the dash display is behind the steering wheel. So its a pain if you have change the brightness or look at stats while driving. The car is also a little noisy. Both engine and road noise are quite prevalent. I have driven the car 34000 miles in its first year and I had to replace a tire at my cost ( no road hazard) and a broken fog light. Lens breakage not covered under warranty. Other wise normal maintenance costs. No timing belt to be replaced at 50k, that will save me a little on maintenance. Over all a very good dependable car, and cost effective. Well worth the price."

AWESOME LITTLE CAR

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"The handling is amazing for an econo car and since it is blue my wife calls it a TARDIS. I cant beleive how huge it is inside and Im 6'3" 250 lbs and have plenty of room. The back seat is large and the flat folding cargo area is amazing. The mpg is great I always exceed the EPA estimate and I am averaging 35 . A little light on power but the engine is smooth and responsive. Only down side is stong cross winds make it a little skittish and definitley need tint or the a/c will work full time to make up solar load. This is one exceptionally well made and great driving little car!"

Great car with crazy storage space.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"Great car with crazy storage space."

This car is awesome.

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Best Value, Awesome"

Cons: "Looks like a mini-minivan"

"There is no car out there more fun to drive and a better value than the Fit. Check your ego at the door, and go drive one."

Quality econobox

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, surprisingly peppy but not fast."

Cons: "A bit noisy at speed, seats are econobox but OK."

"I've owned multiple Honda and other cars, including BMW. The Fit is good value for the cost, but the interior is par for an inexpensive car. The seats are OK although firm, but I'm also used to sports cars that have stiff suspensions and supportive, rather than comfy seats. I'm 5'10" and 196 #. The Fit is zippy off the line and easy to dart through traffic. You won't be racing anyone though. There is not much sound insulation, so road noise at highway speed can be excessive, comparable to a raised cloth convertible top (think Jeep). Driving in mixed city/highway with sporty starts and stops, I average 31mpg. In highway trips, closer to 43 driving 5-10. With all of the seat folding combinations, it has ridiculous amounts of space. Due to the raised configuration and four doors, the rear seats are functional for adults. I went in with the intent to get the automatic but liked driving the manual better. 2009 Sport manual."

Almost perfect

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "fun drive, roomy, good resale value, easy handling"

Cons: "noisy and weak on uphill"

"i just bought 2012 BASE Fit, and i am very happy for the price i payed. Two things that's bothering me though, 1st issue, when you drive on highway, it's noisy, even Honda said they enhanced acoustical feature in 2012 model, it's still noisy. 2nd issue, weak on uphill, but i guess that's the same for all the small cars. Overall, good resale value, fun driving, roomy."

I really like this car.

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, economical."

Cons: "Sometimes noisy."

"I guess I was sold when I got into it with four other big adults. The car handles very well, the area around the driver is spacious, and the brakes saved the life of a deer one morning,"

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, USB and separate compartment for iPod"

Cons: "Weird iPod/radio controls, loud"

"My family had been researching all summer for a small car that would get great gas mileage. In the end, it was between the Fiesta and the Fit. At first, the Fiesta was in 1st place for all its fun features and Sync, but after reading many bad reviews regarding the transmission, we ultimately decided on the Fit. PROS: Fun to drive, with great gas mileage. Driving around town we get about 33 MPG. Lots of space, compartments, and 10 cupholders - this comes in handy. The cupholder next to the steering wheel is seriously awesome. Also, this goes without saying, but TONS of room, with different ways to configure the seats. Would not recommend you use it to drive more than 3 adults on a long distance drive, however. It gets pretty cramped in the back. CONS: It gets really loud when driving on a rough road or at faster speeds, which gets really annoying. The iPod connection is also very annoying. You can't access your music on your iPod/iPhone once it is plugged in through the USB, you have to control it through the clunky controls on the radio. I knew from the moment I test drove the car that I would hate it, but I've grown to get used to it. It's really difficult to search for a specific artist/song while driving (you have to constantly scroll, and scroll and scroll until you find what you are looking for) so I just create playlists. Ultimately, we have been happy with the purchase, however, after less than 3 months of ownership, we noticed a big crack in the Fit's rather large windshield. Apparently it was from a rock, and cost around $300 to repair. Other than that setback, the Fit has been great."

This is the great car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"I own a 10 Honda Fit Sport, I bought this car with All season Flor mats remote starter seats protection at July 2010. I paid 19,5k with all taxes and options. This is the great car for this price. This is really amazing car to drive.Lastly, please do not compare this car with Nissan Versa. Nissan is very good car but versa is not! Versa does not give you good feeling when driving. It is not comfortable. The seats are so basic."

Great on Gas!

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Had my 2009 Honda Fit 2 years now (purchased new). 24K miles on the odometer. Great gas mileage mid 30s city mid 40s hwy (stay at 70mph it helps). Seats could be a little more comfortable, I'm 6 foot tall roonm is good. I'm not a fan of the plastic pieces on outside door/window trim, seems that'll be the first thing to come loose. Couldn't ask for a better hauler, fit a recliner, also a 6 ft. bookcase, a dresser, hauled doors for my house (this all done with hatch and all doors closed, nothing hanging out). one trip it was me, 3 dogs, all our stuff, 2 barstools and a painting on a long haul drive form SoCal to NorCal. I little pricey for such a small car but it's a Honda, If I get 20 years trouble-free performance I'll get my moneys worth!"

LOVE IT

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"only complaint is the sub par fabric on the seats and floor....tough to keep clean"

Wait for the Fiesta

By on Monday, January 04, 2010

"I really like my Fit. It is one of the nicest sub-compact car available. The interior is roomy. Handling is good and acceleration is ok. The shifter and steering feel, however, are not great. I had a chance to test drive the European Fiesta, however, and was amazed at how much better it was than the Fit. The handling and steering is great. I liked the styling better and the interior was nicer. If your not in a hurry, wait and compare with the Fiesta when it comes out this spring."

Fit in and out

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"This is so far the best car i've ever owned. It get great gas milage if i keep my foot out of it " but its to fun not to ". Everthing fits inside belive it or not. I one put a recliner in it once i took the back off."

Not without more front legroom

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"It's breaking my heart. I've test driven this several times and it runs like a 4 door CRX. I lived on CRX's, when they discontinued them I kept buying used CRXs for years. Then I had kids and couldn't do that anymore. I'm 6-0 with fairly long legs and the CRX was never a problem. I love the Fit, but there is NO WAY in a standard transmission car, the front legroom isn't even close. Hey Honda, what gives? Just put deeper tracks on the front seat or something. Very disappointed that I can't pull the trigger on this one, but they need to drastically improve the front legroom."

Happy! Happy! HAppy!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

"We've been very pleased with the reliability, high gas mileage (40 mpg overall) and overall quality of the Fit."