2009 Honda Fit

Based on 284 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun, well-made, roomy, looks great!"

Cons: "Seats don't do much, MPG could be better."

"I have been driving my Fit Sport for about 8 months and it feels like I bought it yesterday! I am still in luv with my Fit and can't imagine driving anything else! It's fun and sporty (I like to drive again), comfortable, easy on the eyes in plum pearl metallic, great cargo space, well-built, reliable, and it's a Honda! I do have a couple of minor complaints: for the size and engine it could have better gas mileage; the seats hardly adjustable (even a hand crank to go up and down would be a big plus); and if it's windy my little Fit feels a bit unsteady (but, I don't drive on the freeway much). Still...you couldn't pry this car from my cold, dead hands. I luv it!"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "small, hard to see in parking lot."

"I bought it new in 2009 trading in my Honda CRV, I was worried about changing from a SUV to a compact car, but it drives ilike a bigger car in its visibility and interior. It maneuvers Luke a tiny car which makes it fun and easy to drive. I haven't had any repairs required, its been perfect."

Really fantastic

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive but I like sticks"

Cons: "Plenty of cup holders."

"I only have had it for six months, but I really enjoy it. There are only two things questionable about it and that is the slight hesitancy in third gear, which doesn't seem to add up to much, and the fact that it's too low on the front bumper. I have the manual base model, and I would advise that nobody buy the sport model, since the bumper is even lower. Mine scrapes so I can't imagine how badly the sport scrapes when going in and out of steep driveways, or even not so steep driveways. But this is not unusual for newer cars. All of my friends with minivans report the same thing, this scraping, and let's face it; we see it everywhere on the driveways, those markings. Great car. Totally understandable why US News says greatest small economy car. I only have 8,000 miles on my 2013, but expect it to go many many more. AC great, and radio very good too. Storage is incredible. The things I can fit in the Fit :)..."

Fantastic car

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage and hauling ability"

Cons: "Angle of head rests, spring actuated gas cap cover"

"The second best car I've owned - right behind my Honda CRX. Fun to drive with the manual transmission, and extremely versatile cargo hauler. I've moved a lot of things a sedan, or even an SUV, couldn't handle. Average 38 to 40 mpg without much effort, though I live in a flat world. Drives well in snow too, although snow tends to build up behind front wheels. Downside is spring actuated gas cap cover (hasn't worn out yet, but...) and angle of headrests can be annoying."

70,000 Mile review

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage Versatility Magic seat."

Cons: "No leather seats"

"In 2 years we have put 70,000 miles on this car. The versatility of Fit blows away any other small cars. Gas mileage is better than ratings. 34/city 39/highway. Planning next years road trips. there is some trade offs underpowered on mountain roads. Not the smoothest ride. My favorite is Magic back seat in tall mode. This thing is so roomy only trouble was power steering failed after 3000 mile road trip. There are cheaper cars but I don't regret owning a Fit."

Super economic, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, takes 87 octane, reliable"

Cons: "Cheap construction, low power"

"Engine: Ok, it has an asmatic gerbal on treadmill, but that gerbil will give you everything its got when you put your foot down. It revs up and puts the power down. If its not strong enough, well, consider a k20 swap. Or buy a civic. Make sure you get a manual if you can drive one; you need the revs if you want to get up to speed at a reasonable raate. Suspension: Love it. Even for as tall as it is it doesnt flop over in turns and keeping traction is pretty easy. Ride quality is sporty but not harsh, a difficult juggling act to pull off. Turn in response is crisp and the turn radius is TINY. Econpomy: My wife is getting 36 mpg highway. She drives like a bat out of heck. You could probably sqeeze 40. With a little turbo you could definatly get 40. And more hp... Interior: Love the styling, hate the materials. Granted it is an entry level subcompact, but EVERYTHING is hard plastic! I was surprised that the steering wheel wasnt hard plastic! The fabric uppolstery is great at holding hair but not too functional. BUT it is fairly comfortable and there is SOOOOO much visibility that you really wont care. Exterior: I like the looks, but the hood gets rock chipped really easy. And the bumper. And the mirrors. However, I like the styling, the stock rims look good, and in general I like it. I just wish Honda wasn't so stingy on thier paint. Sound: really good little sound system in there. Plenty of high end, the bass is a bit week but not bad. Overall, for the price I think this is the best car in class, and probably one of the to best overall cars."

Very Happy 2012 Fit Sport Owner

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Efficient, Very Fun to Drive, Cargo Space"

Cons: "Susspension, Engine Struggles Full of Passengers"

"A car that's well worth the asking price. A VERY fun peppy car to drive around town, and to work. I agree that the suspension/shocks are stiff, basically a box with wheels, however, I've heard this of many other hatchback class vehicles. Fuel mileage is very good, but I suppose if it broke down the 40 MPG wall, it would be all the better. The USB in the glove box and Aux Input are very nice touches for an economy class car. As are the controls on the wheel. The visibility is also leagues above the rest. Road noise also better than other hatchback class cars of same price. Very fun to drive, and has great cargo space. I would highly recommend getting the Sport if you're thinking about purchasing, well worth the little extra asking price. Manual if can drive stick. Pass on the Navi."

Ring Around The Rosey

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Nice mileage and fun to drive"

Cons: "Terrible seats, poor cup holder spots, visors"

"No matter how many times and how many pillows I have tried, my 170 lb. 5'8" body can't get comfortable in these terrible unadjustable seats."

I am buying this car now that my lease is up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "great car for price; great mpg, easy to park"

Cons: "needs a front passenger arm rest"

"This is a great car for driving around town, commuting to work and running errands. I get 35 mpg in the city. My husband is a tall guy and he fits in it comfortably. It can carry big items and groceries. It can seat 4 very confortably. I love the look of the car although it is less interesting in the boring neutral colors. (Mine is red and it still looks new after 3 years.)"

This is my second FIT

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability....and 2 glove boxes!"

Cons: "would like a center console"

"I traded in my 2008 FIT Sport with a bit over 98,000 miles and not one problem - only spent money on maintenance and changed the tires at about 60,000 miles.I have a long highway commute and averaged nearly 45 MPG. I traded for the 2012 FIT Sport - currently about 4800 milea and I'm getting about 38 MPG - hoping it will increase after a few more miles. Obviously, I love the car -it's comfortable, I enjoy the drive and don't think I could get a more reliable car for the money."