2009 Honda Fit

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

First and last new car

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "manual tranny, cool looking, great MPG"

Cons: "Sun visors useless, no sunroof, A/C so and so."

2012 honda fit sport manual transmission

"I bought this car new from the honda dealer in june 2012 with just 4 miles on it. I get an average of 33MPG and around 320 miles to the tank. I am astonished of all the safety features that this car has, the obvious ones and the others that you learn about the car as you drive it. Love the versatility of the rear magic seat, no other car in it's class have the same feature, back doors open wider than other cars. I'm hoping to have this car for as long as I can, since I payed cash for it, I am going to get every penny worth."

2012 honda fit sport manual transmission

love! great fuel mileage. so utilitarian

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive. wonderful gas mileage,"

Cons: "not so great on long trip, some road noise"

"bought car new in order to get better gas mileage than my suv but also needed a vehicle that would tote my full grown large greyhound to the park and to the vets. because of this vehicles design it does it all. once a month I pile a months worth of groceries in the wonderfully designed rear. I have purchased a normal size dishwasher and carried it home myself. most peop[le are amazed at what I can fit in a FIT. to be honest it has some disadvantages. On long trips it's not as comfortable in the rear seating as was my suv."

Superb around town;capable for long trips

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage, Price, Handling, Cargo Space, Quality"

"Marvelous small car with many of the attributes of larger ones. Good handling for size. Very stable and nimble. High speed on Interstate roads requires attention, but is not uncomfortable nor difficult. Small wheelbase makes handling in tight places easy. With rear seats down, has large cargo space for size. Great gas mileage. Comfortable front seats for normally sized people; rear seating OK for short trips. Thoughtful placement and number of cup holders and other convenience items. High quality of fit and finish throughout."

BEST LITTLE CRITTER ON THE ROAD TODAY !!

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "DEFINITELY FUN TO DRIVE."

Cons: "INTERIOR CARPET COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER GRADE."

"HAVE USED THIS CRITTER TO HAUL THINGS. ITS A VERY PEPPY VEHICLE AND I'VE EXPERIENCED NO PROBLEMS WITH HILLS OR WITH PASSING. I LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR !"

great configuration, decent engine, cheap interior

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "very versatile car, fun to drive, cargo"

Cons: "needy steering on the highway, cheap interior"

"This car does everything a basic car should do, it gets you and a lot of your stuff from a to b. It is a foot shorter than my old sedan, and can haul a lot more stuff in the process. It looks tiny on the outside, but is cavernous on the inside. The rear magic seats are rarely ever down, I use that area to haul groceries, etc. The hatchback is very useful for me in my day job because I can load up my tools, equipment, etc in the rain without getting wet since the hatch provides cover. Driving position is high, due to the fact that the gas tank is under your seat, which allows a lower cargo floor in the back. Engine bay has a smaller battery than typical sized 12v, not sure how much a replacement will cost or availability. The engine is sized for economy but if you spank it you'll get moving when you need to. I have the paddle shifters which don't make the car any faster but make it easier to drive in rush hour stop/go, they also help keep the car 'spun up' at the right rpm to do what you need to do (on-ramp, passing, etc). I read online that manual mode is useful on the interstate to reduce downshifts on hills, I find this to be true. My all around mpg is higher than honda's est of 29/33, way more, I get 33 in the city and 42 on the highway if I don't push it and if I don't have something on the hitch rack. Interior is a bit of a let down for the money, I wish it was beige or gray, shows dirt too easily. I immediately added a new center console with full-size arm rest from college hills honda, took me about 30 minutes. On the highway this car does not track well, it requires constant attention to keep straight, I think this is a combination of huge side area and very narrow tires, I may try to use wider tires when the time for replacement comes. The headlights are great, the noise level is low for the auto, I've heard the manual is noisier. I love the stereo with usb plug in the glove box, I didn't get the navi. I added a 1.25" hitch so I could mount my bike on a hitch rack, no issues there. Climate controls are very simple, easy to adjust, kind of retro for a 2012 car. I wish the rear cargo light had an on/off switch, went camping recently and wanted to turn it off manually, though it does turn off after several minutes. I think there is an acura cargo light with switch that fits this spot exactly, I may upgrade. All in all a very practical, cheap to own/drive car that is sporty-feeling and well made, with just a few minor annoyances that I can live with."

I have 2012 Honda Fit Sport

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "I like the price the quality an the Dealer"

Cons: "Needs rear dic brakes"

"This is my second Fit I had 2010 it was great but loud road noise. Had it for two years. Then my wife saw 2012 Fit with a new color . We traded in for $4500 difference the 2010 had 40k and need tire . Was very happy with the deal . The 2012 is much improved less road noise steering is better an you cannot beat Honda service my local dealer is just great"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "easy handling, great value, lots of space"

Cons: "slow acceleration"

"I purchased a 2013 Fit Sport, the first car I've ever bought myself. I haven't had it very long, but I am in love with it and I use pretty much every opportunity I have to drive it. For a small car, it's very roomy on the inside and it's perfect for a single, young person like me. The car is very zippy and fun to drive, and I am averaging around 37 mpg. I love the hatchback style and the fold-down back seats provide plenty of extra room. But I think my favorite feature is the USB port, which is new to me since my old car was a 1998. I can just leave my iPod hooked up and change the songs with the steering wheel controls, and I don't have to worry about syncing it with a radio station like I used to. The speaker system is also fantastic; the volume automatically adjusts itself according to how fast you're going. I'm not a car expert so I can't say much about the mechanics of the car, but I will say that the pickup on it is much slower than I'm used to, probably because the engine is so tiny. I wasn't able to strip down the price much. The MSRP was $18,700 and I bought it for $18,350. Still, the monthly payment is very affordable and Honda's got such a good reputation, I think it was worth every penny."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun, well-made, roomy, looks great!"

Cons: "Seats don't do much, MPG could be better."

"I have been driving my Fit Sport for about 8 months and it feels like I bought it yesterday! I am still in luv with my Fit and can't imagine driving anything else! It's fun and sporty (I like to drive again), comfortable, easy on the eyes in plum pearl metallic, great cargo space, well-built, reliable, and it's a Honda! I do have a couple of minor complaints: for the size and engine it could have better gas mileage; the seats hardly adjustable (even a hand crank to go up and down would be a big plus); and if it's windy my little Fit feels a bit unsteady (but, I don't drive on the freeway much). Still...you couldn't pry this car from my cold, dead hands. I luv it!"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "small, hard to see in parking lot."

"I bought it new in 2009 trading in my Honda CRV, I was worried about changing from a SUV to a compact car, but it drives ilike a bigger car in its visibility and interior. It maneuvers Luke a tiny car which makes it fun and easy to drive. I haven't had any repairs required, its been perfect."

Really fantastic

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive but I like sticks"

Cons: "Plenty of cup holders."

"I only have had it for six months, but I really enjoy it. There are only two things questionable about it and that is the slight hesitancy in third gear, which doesn't seem to add up to much, and the fact that it's too low on the front bumper. I have the manual base model, and I would advise that nobody buy the sport model, since the bumper is even lower. Mine scrapes so I can't imagine how badly the sport scrapes when going in and out of steep driveways, or even not so steep driveways. But this is not unusual for newer cars. All of my friends with minivans report the same thing, this scraping, and let's face it; we see it everywhere on the driveways, those markings. Great car. Totally understandable why US News says greatest small economy car. I only have 8,000 miles on my 2013, but expect it to go many many more. AC great, and radio very good too. Storage is incredible. The things I can fit in the Fit :)..."

Fantastic car

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage and hauling ability"

Cons: "Angle of head rests, spring actuated gas cap cover"

"The second best car I've owned - right behind my Honda CRX. Fun to drive with the manual transmission, and extremely versatile cargo hauler. I've moved a lot of things a sedan, or even an SUV, couldn't handle. Average 38 to 40 mpg without much effort, though I live in a flat world. Drives well in snow too, although snow tends to build up behind front wheels. Downside is spring actuated gas cap cover (hasn't worn out yet, but...) and angle of headrests can be annoying."

70,000 Mile review

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage Versatility Magic seat."

Cons: "No leather seats"

"In 2 years we have put 70,000 miles on this car. The versatility of Fit blows away any other small cars. Gas mileage is better than ratings. 34/city 39/highway. Planning next years road trips. there is some trade offs underpowered on mountain roads. Not the smoothest ride. My favorite is Magic back seat in tall mode. This thing is so roomy only trouble was power steering failed after 3000 mile road trip. There are cheaper cars but I don't regret owning a Fit."

Super economic, fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, takes 87 octane, reliable"

Cons: "Cheap construction, low power"

"Engine: Ok, it has an asmatic gerbal on treadmill, but that gerbil will give you everything its got when you put your foot down. It revs up and puts the power down. If its not strong enough, well, consider a k20 swap. Or buy a civic. Make sure you get a manual if you can drive one; you need the revs if you want to get up to speed at a reasonable raate. Suspension: Love it. Even for as tall as it is it doesnt flop over in turns and keeping traction is pretty easy. Ride quality is sporty but not harsh, a difficult juggling act to pull off. Turn in response is crisp and the turn radius is TINY. Econpomy: My wife is getting 36 mpg highway. She drives like a bat out of heck. You could probably sqeeze 40. With a little turbo you could definatly get 40. And more hp... Interior: Love the styling, hate the materials. Granted it is an entry level subcompact, but EVERYTHING is hard plastic! I was surprised that the steering wheel wasnt hard plastic! The fabric uppolstery is great at holding hair but not too functional. BUT it is fairly comfortable and there is SOOOOO much visibility that you really wont care. Exterior: I like the looks, but the hood gets rock chipped really easy. And the bumper. And the mirrors. However, I like the styling, the stock rims look good, and in general I like it. I just wish Honda wasn't so stingy on thier paint. Sound: really good little sound system in there. Plenty of high end, the bass is a bit week but not bad. Overall, for the price I think this is the best car in class, and probably one of the to best overall cars."

Very Happy 2012 Fit Sport Owner

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Efficient, Very Fun to Drive, Cargo Space"

Cons: "Susspension, Engine Struggles Full of Passengers"

"A car that's well worth the asking price. A VERY fun peppy car to drive around town, and to work. I agree that the suspension/shocks are stiff, basically a box with wheels, however, I've heard this of many other hatchback class vehicles. Fuel mileage is very good, but I suppose if it broke down the 40 MPG wall, it would be all the better. The USB in the glove box and Aux Input are very nice touches for an economy class car. As are the controls on the wheel. The visibility is also leagues above the rest. Road noise also better than other hatchback class cars of same price. Very fun to drive, and has great cargo space. I would highly recommend getting the Sport if you're thinking about purchasing, well worth the little extra asking price. Manual if can drive stick. Pass on the Navi."

I am buying this car now that my lease is up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "great car for price; great mpg, easy to park"

Cons: "needs a front passenger arm rest"

"This is a great car for driving around town, commuting to work and running errands. I get 35 mpg in the city. My husband is a tall guy and he fits in it comfortably. It can carry big items and groceries. It can seat 4 very confortably. I love the look of the car although it is less interesting in the boring neutral colors. (Mine is red and it still looks new after 3 years.)"

This is my second FIT

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability....and 2 glove boxes!"

Cons: "would like a center console"

"I traded in my 2008 FIT Sport with a bit over 98,000 miles and not one problem - only spent money on maintenance and changed the tires at about 60,000 miles.I have a long highway commute and averaged nearly 45 MPG. I traded for the 2012 FIT Sport - currently about 4800 milea and I'm getting about 38 MPG - hoping it will increase after a few more miles. Obviously, I love the car -it's comfortable, I enjoy the drive and don't think I could get a more reliable car for the money."

A perfect car for music lovers

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "Great versatility"

Cons: "No sunroof"

"I absolutely love my Honda fit. The car handles really well, has good pickup, and lots of space. I have the base model with cloth interior, and it's really nice and sharp looking. The dash glows a beautiful blue and shows avg mpg and oil life, which I really like. The car has 11 cup holders..11! My favorite are the ones on the dash, so I can drive and to the left of the steering wheel i can put my drink/ phone right at reach. Thy are deep too, to prevent spillage. Moving in this car was a dream, i could fit so much in. A whole surfboard will fit! My favorite feature of the car is the music choices! There is an upper glove box on the dash thats hardly noticable with a USB plug for an iPod. I leave my iPod constantly plugged in. With the touch of a button, I can go from the radio to a cd to a song on my iPod.. I frequently switch between these from song to song. Sound quality is great. My average miles per gallon is 29.5, my car lets me know :)"

Pretty Decent Little Car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, price point"

Cons: "AC issues, navigation system"

"This is a great little car for driving around the city and gets great gas mileage. However, because it is an extremely lightweight vehicle one should know that it takes special attention when driving on the highway in excessive wind as it will be easily blown around. Additionally, as the car sits quite low, it makes navigating in snowy conditions a bit tricky and any small stone can kick up underneath the car and cause damage to the AC hose making repairs costly (speaking from experience). We primarily drive the Fit in the spring thru fall months and it is taken in for all planned maintenance and oil changes so imagine our surprise when we had to take it in at around 20,000 miles (less than 5 years old)for a navigation system issue to find that we are staring at a charge of between $900-$1,000 to fix. If we had to do it over, we would not purchase this vehicle with the navigation system. We have owned numerous Hondas over the past 30 years and have never owned one with as many issues as the Fit but it is a relatively decent little car for getting around the city and for the price point."

Great value, outstanding mileage, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "36 MPG avg, versatility, build quality, fun"

Cons: "somewhat cheap upholstery"

"I've had my 2012 Fit Sport for about 45 days now. I use this as my commuter car as I work in outside sales, so it has seen some good use. Mileage is significantly better than stated on MSRP, I've been averaging about 36 mpg combined with over 40 regularly on highway trips. While a bit underpowered, it is a subcompact with a small engine so you have to expect that. Transmission does a good job of keeping the best combination of economy and speed. I have the automatic with paddle shifters. They're sort of fun but I find myself not using them all that often. Versatility and cargo capacity are excellent. Fold flat rear seats make for a lot of room--great for home projects and trips to home depot. The "magic" seats in back are pretty clever, too. While the ride doesn't compare to my MBZ C230, it's a lot of fun to drive and the suspension is accomodating, quick and competent. For such a tall car the body roll is very controlled in spirited cornering. Radio is fair. Controls are laid out in typical Honda fashion, meaning everything is where it should be. Interior upholstery seems a little cheap, though. Other build materials are good. Exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Overall a great value. Way more positives than negatives and the interior roominess is impressive. Fuel economy just keeps me smiling in this time of $3.90/gal gasoline. I grin everytime I fill up and look at the fools in their SUVs spend $100 to fill up."

Perfect car that looks little but can hold a lot!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Lots of interior room, great gas mileage"

Cons: "No arm rests on the seats for base model"

"The Honda Fit is great on gas mileage, small, and sporty. The car looks small on the outside but has plenty of head room for taller people as well as plenty of leg room for all. I tested how many boxes the car could hold with the seats down and I was able to fit 16 regular sized boxes in the car! The traction control is great for driving on steep curves in the mountains. The only complaint I have is that the base model doesn't come with arm rests which makes it difficult on long road trips. Overall it is a great car that gets 35 MPG on average and I only have to change the oil every 8,000 miles."

I love Honda!

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "weaker side of an a/c system"

"Blows my mind when I see a bad review. Oh to WA person you can dim the intrument panel! turn the tripodemer dial! lol This is a great car!!!! I got this car with 0 miles. Took an trip from maine to pa the next weekend. Drove fantasitic averaging 35 driving 75! Normal driving if I drive good I average 38 to 42....yes if you practice meticulus driving habits no higher than 55mph, slow accelleration etc. you can achieve above 40. Though I put a roof rack on so it has decreased for me. Overall quality of the car is great! Fun to drive and I love the space inside given the fact I had a Pilot I traded. I do agree that the a/c could be stronger so lets hope honda improves that. Anyhow hands down love this car I love Honda!!!!"

"FANTASTIC car" !!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage !!!!!!"

Cons: "couldn't afford leather/no locking door 4 gas cap"

"I bought this car new and loved it from the start !!!! During the winter, (very little A/C use) I am getting between 35-35.7 mpg. combination city/hwy. During the summer I am getting 32-32.6 mpg. The best I've gotten was 40.5 mpg on a trip to the Longview area from San Antonio and back. I drive 60 mph when the limit is 65 and 65 is the fastest I drive even when the limit is 80 on the toll roads. I can't believe, but am THANKFUL, for the GREAT gas mileage !!!!"

Great little car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to park, it FITs"

Cons: "No auto climate control"

"It will go 400 miles on less than 10 gallons of gas at 55 to 60 mph. The AC and heat needs more work to be right, always haveing to adjusting the temp up and down and there is a noticeable draft on the door panels when its cold out. I would still recommend this car"

My 2013 fit

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "good price,great mileage,spacious,good city drive"

Cons: "very uncomfortable car,under powered engine"

"I bought this fit couple of months ago. I have a base model. The best thing about this car is that it is very spacious.You can fit almost anything to it. But at the same time it is very uncomfortable for long drives. It's very very good for city driving and 1-2 hours drive on level surface.It struggles to accelerate (a bit) on uphill. But if you are looking for a daily commute car or for city driving go for it and yes you can just fit it into ANY parking space !:) So far , I like it."

great value!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "economy, economy, economy!"

Cons: "cabin road noise at highway speeds"

"i bought this car for one reason, economic value. it has turned out to be a great choice. i opt-ed for the basic package, as this was the most economical, it made the most sense, because you can't justify the alloy wheels and rear spoiler adding to the economic operation of the vehicle. the fuel economy is listed as 25/33 mpg. for the manual transmission, but i have been driving with fuel economy in mind, for over 50,000 miles, and i am averaging 46.7 mpg. (according to the average mpg. gauge on the dash, as well as my own calculations.) the amount of space afforded by the magic seating system, is amazing to say the least. i have moved a full sized stove, for a friend with no problem. cabin road noise would be the most likely "con" i would point out to potential buyers, although, it is better than i noticed in both the nissan versa, and chevy aveo that i test drove before this purchase. i waited to review this until now, because i was sure something would lessen my enthusiasm, but, to date, my over all satisfaction is growing."