2008 Honda Fit

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Outstanding vehicle

By on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pros: "Excellent value. Practical, Dependable"

Cons: "We dont have any cons"

"This is an amazing vehicle. We've owned all kinds of cars/trucks including Benz. We bought new. Have restored 2 homes and have carried mulch, pavers, drywall, ladders (6' ladder fits inside with the hatch closed), rocks, paint, tile, mortar, dogs and people. The inside is TARDIS big and we've used every square inch of it. A full size dishwasher "fits" and the hatch closes. Very economical, powerful enough to have fun with. The paddle shifters allow spirited driving. After almost 150,000 miles,all it's needed were 4 sets of tires, 2 brake jobs, a headlight bulb and a few sets of wiper blades. All components still work and work well. Looking ahead at the new HRV and HOPING/PRAYING it's as good as this Honda is."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"

Love it

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"I loved my 2008 Honda Fit. Unfortunatly someone hit me from behind and totaled my Honda. That car saved my life. Thank goodness for the side and front airbags!!! Believe me, my next car will be a Honda Fit Sport."

07 Honda Fit Base Automatic

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"For the money, the best car I have ever owned. I got mine real early, only problem I have had is the "gas cap loose light" comes on frequently, when in fact the cap is not loose. I am 6 ft 3 in and 250+, I have plenty of head and leg room, the fold down back seats brought me to the Honda Dealer. I got on a waiting list and bought the first one available without a test drive. I get 33-34 MPG around town and have seen 41 MPG on a long trip running above the speed limit with a load of "Stuff" in the back. If something happens to this car, I would buy another Fit in a NY minute."

Like it, don't love it.

By on Thursday, September 6, 2007

"The Good: Very good handling on curvy roads. Plenty of room in hatch with back seats folded down. Has been very reliable. The Bad: Very disappointed with gas mileage. Currently get about 26 city, 30 hwy. Very little power. Air conditioning not adequate. The brochure showed a mountain bike standing vertically (w/front wheel removed) with the back seats up. My mountain bike would not fit. Paddle shifters just not that useful."