2008 Honda Fit

Based on 377 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Great little town car

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I have 7000 miles on my fit and have had zero problems. In town milage is 28-30. Handling is almost BMW like (I had a 328i). Cargo space is huge for this size car. Power is so-so but in town with paddle shifters it is adequate. The ride is a bit busy on the highway and gets old after about an hour. All in all, for $16,500 its a great buy."

Nice, except for........

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I love my Fit except for the fact it doesn't have cruise control. I was told when I bought it that it could be installed after-market. 10 months later, they haven't even manufactured a cruise control for this vehicle!!"

Daily driver to DC, fun little car

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I put almost 85miles on it a day. I've own my Fit sport for little over a year, have put over 32K miles on it. And I have no complaints about reliability. I have had the oil changed every 3K miles. My fit has never given me a problem. If I had to complain about anything, its lacking a center console armrest. And the little 1.5L could use a little more power. But then it probably wouldn't get the mileage it does. I average between 36-42mpg with the Auto sport, after replacing the paper filter with a K&N factory replacement. I hear Honda is going to extend the Fit line. to possible Hybrid, and a "suped" up version. I can't wait to see what Honda is going to offer next with the Fit!!!"

Love this Car But Disappointed with Fuel Economy

By on Sunday, April 15, 2007

"I love everything about this car, except no matter how I adjust my driving style, I do not get the advertised fuel mileage. The best highway mileage I have observed is 35mpg and usually closer to 33-34 and the the city mileage has ranged from 25 - 29. Other than that, I love the car. I love the style. The seats could be more comfortable but I particularly love the flexibility of the interior with all the seating configurations. Great car and highly recommended."

The FIT fits!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

"This car is a great Fit! It's fun to drive with plenty of spunk when you need it. Roomier than the Civic. In-town gas mileage is a little less than promised, but close. It's easy to manuever and to see out in all directions. Overall a great little car!"

I still love it after 5 years!

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "huge on inside, plenty of zip"

Cons: "Can't get cruise control on the basic model"

"My first NEW car (I'm sixty-something! always had used cars), almost 5 yrs old and I still LOVE it! it's really big on the inside, very easy to fix seats to carry whatever, I carry 2 bales of hay and 100 lbs of chicken feed at a time, with room to spare! Plenty of zip, high enough driver seat to see around and not feel horribly vulnerable, cute to look at. No expenses except regular maintenance so far, knock on wood."

I laugh at the gas prices!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"I love this car every time I fill up. It is extremely good on gas. but cost alot less than a prius. Only reason I might sell it soon is to buy something that can fit larger items . it has a ton of room for hauling but limited to 36 inches in width. I will probably keep as a second car for gas mileage driving or sell it cheap to one of my kids. the only downside I have found is that there is no arm rest on the driver's side. and i never have figured out how to lower the front seat but never really needed it."

great value car

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, can fit lots of stuff into it"

Cons: "seats could be a little more comfortable"

"I bought my Honda Fit new in 2007 and plan to keep my car for as long as it will run. I can load all kinds of stuff into it and not need a pickup truck. It is very sturdy, durable, and reliable. I do wish I had bought a Sport model to have cruise control, but that probably will be what I buy next."

Great little car for LA comute

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Zippy fun to drive, economical and decent price"

Cons: "No front arm rest or telescoping steering wheel"

"Original owner and I plan on keeping this car till it dies. I commute approximately 800 miles a week through Southern California traffic (mostly LA) and it keeps on trucking. I can park in almost any spot even if the person next to me parked like a jerk. It is well designed with an amzing amount of interior space for a little car. My 6'2" friends can sit comfortably in the front and BACK seat. The front passenger seat folds completely down as do the back seats thus enabling you to haul all kinds of oversized items in the car. We built a 6 foot fence and transported all the materials in this car. The seats can fold into multiple configurations for versital storage and hauling. The downfalls: no front arm rest or telescoping steering wheel both I believe have been rectified in the newer models."

Fantastic cheap wheels!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Huge inside, tiny outside!"

Cons: "Road noise, ride, driving position."

"This is not a perfect car but, given its cost (purchase and running) it is impossible to beat. Drove across country (MA-WA) a couple of years ago and averaged 45 mpg at 65 mph! Greatest attribute is the car will hold tons of stuff - Ikea is no challenge - and has decent room for passengers. Downsides are: ride is rough on bad roads, on highway car is fairly loud, in '07 they should have used telescopic steering wheel. Again, not perfect but I really like this car and will keep it until it breaks. No maintenance so far outside of oil, tires."

love it - great purchase

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "lots of room, very versatile, love the auxilery adapter for my ipod, love the keyless entry"

Cons: "small tires, low clearance, not very powerful"

"I did a lot of research before I purchased this vehicle and it is worth every penny. It has SO much room, the back seats fold down completely flat, and it is fun to drive."

best value

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"this small car, tho not really small is an extreme value for your money. amazing mpg, lots of headroom and room inside. trunk looks small....it isnt. seats fold all over the place. extremely responsive for the engine size. shifts very smooth, extremely quiet. anyone should have one"

BIG car in a little package

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"After my Ford Aspire bit the dust, I was looking for another hatchback. I found everything I was looking for in the Honda Fit. I lucked into finding a used one with only 12K miles for a great price. I've had the car for 2 years now and I still LOVE it. For the positives, I think it's a great looking car, fun to drive, SO incredibly roomy for its size and can accommodate an incredible amount of cargo. It's also good on gas compared to most other cars out there. It's also pretty comfortable for a lower-end car. For the negatives, there have been 2 recalls (both for faulty switches). The fixes were easy, but it was an inconvenience. My radio totally died, but was replaced for free while under warrantee. My gas tank had to be replaced not under warantee because mice chewed the plastic where the tank meets where you put the gas pump nozzle in. That was a pricey repair - dealer quoted me over $800, but my own mechanic did it for $500. Still annoying though. The OE tires are awful. The car had a mismatch when I bought it because the orig owner blew out one of the OE tires. I recently replaced the tires with Goodyear Eagle tirea and the difference in handling is amazing. I'm so glad I replaced them. While the mileage on the car is good, I was expecting better. I'm in the 35 mpg range most of the time, a bit less when I'm running the a/c. My Ford Aspire was consistenly at 40-41 up until the day it died. I was hoping to be there with the Fit, but I think the extra roominess is worth the trade-off in mileage. I also found out I was pregnant a month after I bought the car! I wasn't sure how it was going to work with a car seat, but it's been OK. When my son was rear-facing in an infant seat, it did render the passenger side seat pretty much unusable. Once he switched to a convertible seat -- rear-facing and front-facing, NO problems at all. So, if you have a kiddo, don't let it stop you from considering a Fit. Not sure how we'll it'll work with 2 kiddos, but hopefully I'll find out! :-) Overall, I think it's a great car and I'm very happy with my purchase. I hope a get a lot more trouble-free years out of it."

Nice Little Car

By on Monday, April 19, 2010

"Well worth the money. We took it on a 6,000 mile auto trip to Yellowstone, Yosemite, South Dakota, etc. and it excelled on the winding hills and gas milage."

Love It!

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"I reserved my MT Fit Base model in April 2006 as one of the first off the truck to the dealer. I learned to drive manual on it and it has been rock-solid for 4 years! The only maintenance it's needed is regular oil/filter changes and inexpensive services like fluid changes done at dealer-recommended mileages. The only problem I've had is a broken visor clip, a $5 part which my Honda dealer installed for free. As a college kid it was the best of both worlds... The VTEC gives you plenty of acceleration when you want it (in MT, anyway) and even when redlining it constantly I can't get below 30 MPG. I've had so much fun in this car, the handling is superb and it feels like you can manuever through anything. I never felt unsafe because of the "cocoon" of airbags surrounding the cabin. The audio system is amazing for a factory-standard and I added on a 3rd-party iPod adapter about a year ago so I can listen to my music collection on it. I also used the car to move all my stuff once while still in college, and I was able to move everything but my bed and sofa in it. You don't realize how much this little car can hold until you try to fill it up! The "Magic Seats" are awesome and I have used each configuration more times than I can count. I will likely be selling my beloved Fit in the next few months (I want a convertible now), but I can honestly say I have been extremely happy with the entire ownership experience and would heartily recommend a Fit or any other Honda to friends and family."

Not for people over 5'7"!!

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"I absolutely love my Fit. Great styling and have used the seat configurations MANY times. I commute 50 miles daily and it is excellent on fuel. The problem lies in the seating of the driver. I am 5'9" and ride with the seat all the way back and it's not enough leg room. I have been unaware that my right leg is at constant lift / over-compensating for the lack of room. Also, the legs are not in alignment with the steering column, they are at a slight left angle. Lumbar support is minimal. I have extreme hip and lower back PAIN at the end of my work week. I am currently trying to contact HONDA in efforts to make the seating for this awesome vehicle ergonomically correct."

A lot of car for the money

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I bought my 07 Fit Sport about two years ago and have loved every minute behind the wheel. It handles exceptionally well and Honda wrings a lot of juice out of the little 1.5 engine. You can't comprehend the space inside without seeing it for yourself - it can handle more stuff than the Ranger I traded for it. Whenever I think about any negatives (the ride's a bit bumpy) I have to remind myself it cost under $16k. Good luck trying to find another car that is as reliable and well-made with alloy wheels and all the trimmings for that kind of money. Nice to know they have been sold in Europe and Asia since 2001, with a great track record. Bottom line: great mileage, fun to drive, oodles of space and the best value for your hard-earned money."

Excellent Value, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"I love my Honda Fit. It gets about 36-38mpg combined highway/ city. I would recommend the 5-speed, because you get a lot more power out of the small engine. It runs very quiet, is peppy and lots of fun to drive. With the hatchbach and "magic back seat", you can fit a lot of stuff in it. I have had no mechanical problems. Great buy!"

Quick, economical, and roomy

By on Monday, January 05, 2009

"The little Honda Fit seems bigger on the inside than the outside. The variety of configuations for the seats give it great flexibility. I swear I can pack as much into this car as I can in our Jeep Liberty. Great gas mileage, fun to drive, and the extra airbags provide a sense of security when I've got the kids in the car"

Great Little Car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I love this car. I drive it through snow and back 100 miles a day in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin. I have never been stuck or had any problems. Incredible mileage. Smooth riding. Really comfortable seating. Heats up incredibly quickly. Very compact and can weave in and out of two lane traffic effortlessly. It has a lot of kick to it as well, and is able to pass other cars easily. All around, my wife and I prefer this vehicle over the GTI and Golfs we have had in past years. This made us Honda buyers for the foreseeable future."

great car

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Just got the 2009 Fit and I am really happy with it. It feels solid, has good pep, and holds a lot of cargo. I can put my bike in the back with the seats folded down. I like the paddle shifters b/c it gives an added ability to control the auto transmission. Compared to my wife's Accord, it's not as powerful, has less acceleration, and is not as smooth or quiet. But, the Fit feels more sporty and fun. We live in LA, and the Fit is the perfect car for urban commuting."

fun and inexpensive

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"this car is fun almost like driving go-carts as a child, unbelievable handling for an economy car. i get 35mph city and 38hwy on my 5spd manual. this is a great car for anyone trying to save money over your suv or small van. i traded an eddie bauer explorer in and to be honest i don't feel that i lost much passenger room at all. the $200.00 a month in gas savings more than make up for the space."

practicality with a flair

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Surprisingly peppy little engine - you'd never guess it had a 1.5 liter displacement. I like having the 5-speed, though, when going up a freeway on-ramp or when passing. MPG, as I approach 2,000 miles, is 26 in town, 37 highway. Had to downgrade reliability when the car left me stranded downtown (and the Tribe lost) in the middle of the night with a totally dead battery (found out later that Hondas have been famous for this problem in the past). But I love this car. It's practical, well-equipped, handles well, and the seats are firm and comfortable on long trips. Not only that, but in the bright red it is a real head-turner. The perfect compliment to my big Mercury Grand Marquis. Now, on longer trips, I have to choose between the big-car comfort of the Merc, or the fun of driving the Fit - decisions, decisions......."

We have to negotiate who gets to drive

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"This is just a great little car with an attitude. My wife and I traded in a Cadillac SRX for the Fit and could not be more pleased. We bought it for short trips around town, Costco runs and hauling mulch from the greenhouse. The very same things we purchased the SRX for. Turns out is is more fun, handles better, is higher quality and has an attitude. My wife and I have to negociate who gets to drive this car and our other car is a Mercedes. There have been complaints about the lack of a dead pedel and armrest. Both of those issues can be solved with aftermarket accessories found on the internet. This car serves as a very nice compliment to our Mercedes and makes us happy each time we get behind the wheel. Great job, Honda."

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"Best car I have ever owned. Its very versitile and comforatable. I do not recommend trying to fit three grown men in the backseat though."