2008 Honda Fit

Based on 371 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

One of the best cars I ever owned

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Great price, good driver, reliable"

Cons: "A/C system not real robust and parts are expensive"

"My 2008 Fit Sport has decent appearance, good gas mileage, plenty of room and great features. On the down side, some additional options would have been nice to have (no sunroof or moon roof, passenger lighted mirror, center storage compartment). Also, the parts keep going up in cost every year. However....it appears Honda has added many improved things to the new 2016 models...YAY! I would definitely buy another one. Ours has been a real workhorse."

Great car!

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Fast acceleration from a stop, gas mileage, safety"

Cons: "Slow acceleration when passing"

"Purchased this one on 2006 and have had almost no mechanical problems. Love the interior design with the fold-down rear seats and cargo space! Much better power than I would have expected from a 4 cylinder. Does very well on steep climbs, good for mountain driving. Handles avoidance maneuvers well with no loss of control. Gets between 30 and 35 mpg consistently. Would definitely buy another one!"

all around great small car

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"change the oil, breaks and tires and this car will exceed your expectations."

I can sleep fully flat in it. Gas mileage is 33.

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, good gas mileage and looks sharp!"

Cons: "None that I can think of!"

"Love my Fit! I can go to Burning Man and sleep fully flat in it with the seats moved up, and I am 5'8"!. I use an air mattress and can even fit my large 11 year old grandson in with me. Love and use the power shifters, I commute 100 miles every day, no problem with enough power to pass other vehicles. I get at least 30 MPG and often get 33 or 35 MPG. Very reliable and fun to drive!"

Excellent car

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive very economical and the price right"

"Best little car I have ever owned, will buy another soon but I dont want to see this one go."

Highly recommend the Fit

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

"I've had my Fit for 7 years and have put some serious mileage on it. It's been super reliable and has transitioned with me as my life has changed. Started out with a long commute, active travel lifestyle, and no kids. Now I've got 2 young kids (with carseats), a dog, and still a long commute. Great gas mileage, and it has a surprisingly large storage capacity, especially when you fold seats down. Great for maneuvering through small spaces, parking in tight spots, and zipping around town. I'd highly recommend it to anyone considering a small car. I wish the wipers had a speed between the lowest and second setting, but that might be different in newer models."

This has been the BEST by far car purchase EVER!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "In 2007, $17 grand was a great price, feel safe"

Cons: "I cannot think of one!"

"I love this car! I has great acceleration, it handles well in ALL types of weather. I has taken me MANY miles along the highway, with great gas mileage! There is plenty of room for cargo and the versatility of combination to create cargo space is great! About 98% of my miles that I put on are highway miles. The cruise control comes in very handy on long trips! I would purchase another 2007 Honda Fit Sport package in a minute!!!"

It's the best!

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "All of the above"

"The best little car I have ever owned."

Would NOT recommend

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Cargo room"

Cons: "HORRIBLE mileage, no let room"

"Purchased this brand new to replace my 2002 Honda Civic that was totaled by a distracted driver. I specifically asked for a vehicle that would get the same mileage as my Civic (33/40). I was assured that the Honda Fit would get the same or better. I do not get anywhere NEAR that kind of mileage. I am lucky to get 22/26. When I asked the dealer, I was repeatedly told that I needed to break the engine in, that I haven't given it enough of a chance, etc. So I continued to drive it, and it has never received the kind of mileage that they promised. The leg room is not very friendly to anyone over 5'10". The carpet on the drivers' side has lifted and bunched up behind the brake pedal. We have to constantly stretch the carpet and tack it back down. Now that the car is paid off and no longer out of warranty, one of the issues that we complained about from the beginning, reared its ugly head again. Due to the location of where it happened, we were forced to take it to the dealership only to be told that it would cost us $1200 to fix it!! We said we would take it somewhere else where we were quoted $900 to do the same work. They finally agreed to match the quote (if you can call $978 matching) but if we took it elsewhere, it would cost us $148 for them to put it back together and would take them about 2 hours to do so. Other than the cargo room, I would not recommend this car to ANYONE."

COMFY, SPORTY, BIG STORAGE, AWESOME IN MANY WAYS!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Easy to step out of for hurt knees & huge inside!"

Cons: "um......I don't know."

"Handles great, reliable, comfy, huge inside! sporty handling, it hugs the road & the fit sport feels more stable & race car grip the road style than other "rollerskate" cars. If you have knee problems or any leg / back issue get this car! The seat is higher or something, you never have to pull yourself up & out of it. And you see higher for safer driving. I fit an upright bass in this car! With the passenger seat down you can fit something 7feet long in the car, no joke. Honda fit is true to it's name. It's a magic clown car that fits tons of big items somehow, while handling & using gas like the little guy it is...awesome! Plus we call it our magic clown car because it Fits in every parking spot in the city. Even when it looks 2 inches big, somehow we park the car in it & then pull my bike out of it with ease & people double take. LOL PS - seats go down super easy & the sound system is good. Backseat is comfy for passengers and there's a ton of cup holders so it's really a great car. PS - Toyota is more expensive & overrated. Get a honda & save $ for same gas efficiency & I think way less blind spots & more comfort/real life use. ~"