2008 Honda Fit

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Terrific little spitfire well designed

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"We use our vehicle for almost anything. It has an extremely clever interior (it will carry anything from 2 by 4's and 1 passenger to 5 people). We often cart my bike around with the back seat folded down. It gets terrific milage in the summer, not so good in the winter. (63miles/imperial gallon which is about 56 miles / us gallon) We do mostly highway driving and are delighted with how comfortable it is (we are not really tall people however). Be sure and buy the new models with Cruise Control: you cannot tell the difference between 50 mph (80 kmph) and 75 mph without looking down. (it might matter on speed controlled areas). The disadvantages are the blind spots wihich everyone notices and the fact that you cannot see curbs (makes parking a bit of a beast). It is very low to the ground so pay attention to warnings that tell you that the vehicle may scrape. It will. As long as Honda keeps making these little guys, I'll keep buying them."

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Amazing car. Rountinley get 34-38mpg 50% city %0% highway(manual tranmission). Three people went on a 3,000 mile camping road trip and there were no comfort complaints. I had a small pick-up truck before the Fit and was worried about cargo capacity. Suprisingly I can fit as much in the fit when the front passenger seat and back seats are down, and don't have to worry about tying anything down. Overall great ca.r"

Grat gas saver

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I'v had this car for nearly 2 years and it is great. Have put 42k on it and only had one issue with it. The alignment was not set correctly when it was made and the first set of tires were done by 18k miles. After this issue was fixed, havent had a problem since. I do wish the vehicle was a little less rat/mouse looking and it is not very macho for a man to drive. When i fill up the tank and see i have gotten upto 36 miles per gallon, i just dont care what it looks like....i'm just happy to have saved some money at the pumps. Also, it is quick. such a light car with the v-tec engine. like it alot"

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I am currently a commuter student, driving 70+ miles a day. I practically live in my car for the amount of time that i spend in it every day. I love it. Great mileage (30mpg+ depending on my driving habits). The only complaints that I have about the car is that the gas tank is small (10.1 gallons) so I find myself filling up constantly, and I purchased the I-Pod cable accessory. The cable had 2 recalls within the first 4 months and still doesn't work properly if the internal temperature of the car is above 100 degrees (very easy to do during the summer). I would still recommend this car to anyone looking for a very comfortable (I am 6'1") economy car. It is fun to drive and has a surprising amount of storage room."

Solid pick

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I considered hybrids as I was looking for excellent fuel economy and low emissions but couldn't justify the price premium for a Prius and didn't want a sedan. The Fit is very versatile, in essence being a small wagon. I also looked at the Nissan Versa but the Fit's seating/cargo flexibility won hands down as well as having a more sporty feel on the road. Having owned an early Civic hatchback and 2 Civic wagons I expected, and have gotten, reliability, econonmy and value from this car. I've averaged 30-45 mpg over 16k miles with an overall (in rural Maine) average of a bit more than 38 mpg from July through early Feb. Performance is great, no problems so far, interior finish is OK for the price, comfort is acceptable for a couple of hours at a time. Wish I had spent the extra for the Sport mainly to get the 15" wheels/tires and cruise. Overall a great little vehicle with loads of room and excellent fuel economy."