2008 Honda Fit

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

This has been the BEST by far car purchase EVER!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "In 2007, $17 grand was a great price, feel safe"

Cons: "I cannot think of one!"

"I love this car! I has great acceleration, it handles well in ALL types of weather. I has taken me MANY miles along the highway, with great gas mileage! There is plenty of room for cargo and the versatility of combination to create cargo space is great! About 98% of my miles that I put on are highway miles. The cruise control comes in very handy on long trips! I would purchase another 2007 Honda Fit Sport package in a minute!!!"

It's the best!

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "All of the above"

"The best little car I have ever owned."

Would NOT recommend

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Cargo room"

Cons: "HORRIBLE mileage, no let room"

"Purchased this brand new to replace my 2002 Honda Civic that was totaled by a distracted driver. I specifically asked for a vehicle that would get the same mileage as my Civic (33/40). I was assured that the Honda Fit would get the same or better. I do not get anywhere NEAR that kind of mileage. I am lucky to get 22/26. When I asked the dealer, I was repeatedly told that I needed to break the engine in, that I haven't given it enough of a chance, etc. So I continued to drive it, and it has never received the kind of mileage that they promised. The leg room is not very friendly to anyone over 5'10". The carpet on the drivers' side has lifted and bunched up behind the brake pedal. We have to constantly stretch the carpet and tack it back down. Now that the car is paid off and no longer out of warranty, one of the issues that we complained about from the beginning, reared its ugly head again. Due to the location of where it happened, we were forced to take it to the dealership only to be told that it would cost us $1200 to fix it!! We said we would take it somewhere else where we were quoted $900 to do the same work. They finally agreed to match the quote (if you can call $978 matching) but if we took it elsewhere, it would cost us $148 for them to put it back together and would take them about 2 hours to do so. Other than the cargo room, I would not recommend this car to ANYONE."

COMFY, SPORTY, BIG STORAGE, AWESOME IN MANY WAYS!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Easy to step out of for hurt knees & huge inside!"

Cons: "um......I don't know."

"Handles great, reliable, comfy, huge inside! sporty handling, it hugs the road & the fit sport feels more stable & race car grip the road style than other "rollerskate" cars. If you have knee problems or any leg / back issue get this car! The seat is higher or something, you never have to pull yourself up & out of it. And you see higher for safer driving. I fit an upright bass in this car! With the passenger seat down you can fit something 7feet long in the car, no joke. Honda fit is true to it's name. It's a magic clown car that fits tons of big items somehow, while handling & using gas like the little guy it is...awesome! Plus we call it our magic clown car because it Fits in every parking spot in the city. Even when it looks 2 inches big, somehow we park the car in it & then pull my bike out of it with ease & people double take. LOL PS - seats go down super easy & the sound system is good. Backseat is comfy for passengers and there's a ton of cup holders so it's really a great car. PS - Toyota is more expensive & overrated. Get a honda & save $ for same gas efficiency & I think way less blind spots & more comfort/real life use. ~"

The Rabbit

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"I love my honda fit! Crazy turning radius, paddle shifters fun on the highway, gas mileage is ridiculously amazing, can stick my bike in the back no problem, and hilarious to drive full of people. I joke that my whole life can fit in this car. And I'm also pretty proud of the tiny parallel parking places I can park this thing in. I say it's like a rabbit because it's speedy, jumpy, turns quickly and easily, and just keeps multiplying - I see these everywhere now! Bought it with 100,000 used and the mechanic couldn't believe mileage was so high, it was in such good shape."

140k and still drives new

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

"No major repairs needed as of yet. 140k mileage and it still looks, acts, and drives brand new. Absolutely amazing car. Best I've ever purchased"

love it

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, great value, flexible, park anywhere"

Cons: "no cons"

"best vehicle ever"

Pepy~takes on steep hills and climbs up them quick

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Reason: Just got a nice deal on a 2012 Legacy 2.5 I Premium

Pros: "Great value and gets about 32 mpg. on HWY."

Cons: "If you drive hard in the foothills = 24-30mpg."

"Back seat folds into 4 different configurations... for convenient loading of different size cargo.. Paint kooks great. I love the way it handles and drives. Minor nick and ding. Nice smoked glass windows."

low power, corners better than by corvette

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"I lowered it with Tien coil overs, strut braces, sticky tires, and it is a rocket in the corners. Great quality. You can feel comfortable owning one with more than 100000 miles on it! I don't want to part with it but wife wants a jeep. Here comes the maintenance bills."

Stuff fits into my FIT

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Fuel milage OK, 35 mpg"

Cons: "Purchase Price too high, uncomfortable, poor ride"

"CONS: Too many bad design feature that make this car uncomfortable. Ride quality very harsh, VERY harsh. Car wanders all over the road, steering is over sensitive. Drivers side not enough leg room. Steering wheel too far forward, no telescopic wheel. Blinding bright blue radio panel in the middle of dash and dash lights are always on. Try parking in lovers lane and listening to the radio! Dome light switch hard to reach too far back. Honda does not have a low end option. I do not want: ABS, CD player, power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, rear wiper, I DO want: oil pressure gauge, water temp gauge, Rear bumper lift over is too high and too narrow, bumpers gets scratched too easily. Black interior, too hot, too hard to clean. Carpet is a dirt catcher and still looks dirty after vacuuming. Front bumper is a flat surface and a bug catcher Windshield way too tall, the sun is always in my eyes. No intermittent wipers. No arm rests. Radio knobs hard to use, hit a bump while changing volume and you turn the radio off. The back of the rear seats collapsed when putting stuff into the back of the car when the magic seats are down. PROS: Magic seats are great. But the longest 2x4 you can put into the car is 7'10", you can't put an 8 foot 2x4 inside."

Great car!!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Loved this car from the minute I drove it! It is zippy and fun and very versatile. The interior is very comfortable, with lots of room front and back. The flexibility of the back seats was a big draw, I love being able to lift a large piece of luggage about 10 inches and stand it upright on the rear floor of the car! The sound system is great with lots of speakers and easy to access while driving. Cruise control is on the steering wheel and easy to set and stop without looking away from the road. I plan to replace this car with the exact same car in a newer model, because I don't keep cars for more than 4 years."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Gar Mileage, Reliable"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Owned the car for a few years now and have enjoyed it very much. I bought it because I was commuting a lot at the time and typically I average over 40 mpg per tank. The car is very versatile in the configurations for the seats as far as cargo goes. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

A very good car, especially for the price

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive for a car with not much over 100 hp"

Cons: "front air dam too low, no center armrest"

"I bought this car new in May 2008 and regret it not one bit. While the interior design is barebones and somewhat on the cheap side, it is comfortable for long-distance driving. I've made several 1,000+ mile trips and can attest to that. Mileage on long trips is very good, mid-30s at least. I call it my little truck, since it's interior can be configured in ways to hold two dogs or lumber as long as 9' 3". My two gripes: 1) city mileage drops quite a bit to around 29-30, and 2) the front air dam (under bumper) is too close to the ground and has the scars to prove it - it's the one part of the car that will need a re-paint before I sell."

One of the Best Cars Ever

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Utility, styling, great value"

Cons: "haven't found one"

"The Fit is one of the best cars ever designed. The utility is unbelievable. Being a Honda the reliability, quality and gas mileage are top notch. I have owned lots of cars over the years and the Fit is a GREAT CAR!"

Reliable but unexciting

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "inexpensive, reliable, spacious"

Cons: "Road noise, spartan"

"Very reliable. Very inexpensive to own and operate. Noisy at highway speeds. Excels at fulfilling the purpose of providing basic transportation. The car is exactly what it strives to be, nothing more and nothing less. It's not a fun car, it's not an exciting car, but it is economical and reliable. When purchased, I opted for the base model. The sport version would've been a better choice, given the additional benefits of cruise control and an MP3 jack. All in all, it fit my need and I'm fully satisfied with it, but I wouldn't buy another."

Bset Car Ever

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great to Drive"

"Great Car"

Best car I have ever owned great all around!

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Great all around car love it!"

"Best car I ever owned great car all around fun to drive no problem ever with it I love this car and recommend it to anyone great car."

Rollover rating should be closer to 5 Stars...

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Reason: It was totaled.

Pros: "Rollover rating, Reliability, Value"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought my 2008 Honda Fit last year and I have not had one issue with it. I had the oil changed maybe every 7000 miles (the recommendation is 5000) and barely noticed a difference toward the end of the cycle. And I didn't have one repair done all year. Then a few weeks ago I fishtailed on the ice at 60 mph on the highway, then just kept fishtailing. I rolled over 360 degrees into a snow drift -- and I wasn't injured and drove it home. I had my seatbelt on and literally was not hurt at all. No neck pain, nothing. Aside from the passenger mirror coming off, the massive dent in the roof, various other minor dents and the coffee that spilled all over, the car was mechanically 100%. The insurance totaled it, since the roof was caving in and all, but this car is amazing."

I love my Fit .... best car for its kind

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "great price, great on gas looks cute."

Cons: "there is not much not to like we were happy"

"I love the Fit we bought it to save on gas and it was a life saver it got us where we wanted to go and never gave us any problems the best leg room and rear passenger room ever. the height is the best. door open wide you cant go wrong just now we are going back to the big ole Tahoe with kids and sports we need the room. but the fit is great we will miss her."

Best little car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

"I have owned my car since may 2008 and I will buy another Honda soon. The car has been amazing and am very satisfied."

I have loved this car.

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "Great Mileage, Easy to Park, inexpensitve to insur"

Cons: "Seats are hard, no heated seats"

"I have 74K miles on this car, and have driven it winter and summer. Never a problem with snow, ice, wind. Great air conditioning, good sound system, reliable. OK, so its not super FUN, we would all rather drive a V-6 or V-8. And the seats are not super comfortable. But I've never spent more than $35 for a tank of gas, and I've never had one repair bill. Easy to park too. This car is my good friend."

I love this car!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun, great on gas"

Cons: "cant think of a thing!"

"Easy to drive, comfortable on long trips, holds much more than you think it would! I get tons of good comments on this car, sad to have to sell it but must have 4 wheel drive where I now live. Well over 100,000 miles and she is just getting broken in."

best I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"Never had a repair problem 41 MPG average"

I love this car, best I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "love to drive this car!"

Cons: "isnt 4 wheel drive"

"If you are looking at the Fit, it is a great car. Never bought a Honda before but will look for another Honda now that I need 4 wheel drive. Rides good, gas mileage is awesome for long trips. Fits alot more than you would imagine it could. People tell me the back seating is very comfortable also with leg room."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"