2008 Honda Fit

Based on 377 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Five star safety rating

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"I would recomend this vehicle to anyone. The five star crash rating lives up to expectations. My young daughter had an acident in this car that involved a roll over due to falling asleep at the wheel. She was towing a small sailboat. (trailer and boat weighed under 300 pounds.) Running off the road into high grass and soggy soil because of the lowness of the car caused the trailor to jack knife and roll the vehicle. All airbags deployed as well as side curtians. The main cabin and roof remained intact and ridgid. The front and back of the car took the impact and the small side windows blew out as well as the rear. Main cabin windows and front windshield remained intact. Needless to say my daughter got out of the car under her own power with only a friction burn on her arm from the air bag deployment and a small cut on her leg. This car exceeded our saftey expectations. I would recomend this car to anyone. Go HONDA"

Seems Pretty Solid

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Have had the car about a month. I commute about 100 miles a day, most of it on the interstate. Fuel mileage has been good, ranging from 39-44 mpg, depending on how light I am on the go pedal. I'm 6'2"/210 and have plenty of head room, don't spill out over the seat sides and have adequate leg room. I would not want to drive cross country in it, but it is OK for my use. Great, loud, crisp tunes with cd and a mp3 interface (plug your memory stick to a usb connection in the glove box, i-pod , too, I think). Handles well with a stiff, but not bumpy suspension and does pretty good in traffic if you have to get going in a hurry. It's not a sports car, but gets the job done. I do basic maintenance on my vehicles and oil changes are a snap; ez to get at the filter and drain plug. Seats four adults fairly comfortably. Pretty quiet ride, except for the lower glove box has developed a rattle that I cannot stop. Other that that, it has been a good little car for me, so far."

Holds almost as much as my minivan!

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Traded in minivan since I am no longer a Girl Scout leader...thought I'd miss the cargo capacity of the van but the Fit is ASTOUNDING in what it holds when the seats are down. I amaze people everywhere when I pull full size furniture out of the hatchback. I also feel like I'm have excellent viewing-important for us short people. City mileage has been a bit disappointing-25 mpg when I'm lucky. Highway mileage is 34 or more. Not a comfy ride for long distances, but sporty and fun to drive around town. Holds value well and very reliable."

Great car, but a couple of misteps!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

"After extensive research based on cars in this class, I felt that the Fit was a great choice for me. It looks stylish, is roomy, handles well, and supposedly has great mileage... . The mileage is the kicker as they give a EPA of 31/37 city/hwy for the Sport autotransmission model. In actuality you get 32-33mpg which is liveable for highway, but for city and it's a wopping and extremely disappointing 10-15mpg city (I live in NYC). Even if you are lightfooted and take off slowly (which can not be safely done with the maniacs in NYC whizzing by you) it still is not effective. One other point is that it's a "low riding" type of frame. I had to experience parking on the side streets during snow storms then digging out. It took a considerably longer time to dig out and it I had to shovel a completely flat and clear path to drive out because the Fit was unable to drive over the snow hurdles without struggling then falling back into place even though it was just a few inches above ground. These are points that I was unable to research as this is the first year the Fit was introduced. I would like newer models to address these concerns. However given the choice again I would have still chosen the Fit for it's overall value, I have had two other (used) Honda's in the past and was tremendously happy with them so they still have my loyalty."

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Amazing car. Rountinley get 34-38mpg 50% city %0% highway(manual tranmission). Three people went on a 3,000 mile camping road trip and there were no comfort complaints. I had a small pick-up truck before the Fit and was worried about cargo capacity. Suprisingly I can fit as much in the fit when the front passenger seat and back seats are down, and don't have to worry about tying anything down. Overall great ca.r"

Grat gas saver

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I'v had this car for nearly 2 years and it is great. Have put 42k on it and only had one issue with it. The alignment was not set correctly when it was made and the first set of tires were done by 18k miles. After this issue was fixed, havent had a problem since. I do wish the vehicle was a little less rat/mouse looking and it is not very macho for a man to drive. When i fill up the tank and see i have gotten upto 36 miles per gallon, i just dont care what it looks like....i'm just happy to have saved some money at the pumps. Also, it is quick. such a light car with the v-tec engine. like it alot"

Solid pick

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I considered hybrids as I was looking for excellent fuel economy and low emissions but couldn't justify the price premium for a Prius and didn't want a sedan. The Fit is very versatile, in essence being a small wagon. I also looked at the Nissan Versa but the Fit's seating/cargo flexibility won hands down as well as having a more sporty feel on the road. Having owned an early Civic hatchback and 2 Civic wagons I expected, and have gotten, reliability, econonmy and value from this car. I've averaged 30-45 mpg over 16k miles with an overall (in rural Maine) average of a bit more than 38 mpg from July through early Feb. Performance is great, no problems so far, interior finish is OK for the price, comfort is acceptable for a couple of hours at a time. Wish I had spent the extra for the Sport mainly to get the 15" wheels/tires and cruise. Overall a great little vehicle with loads of room and excellent fuel economy."

Fantastic car

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"You just can't beat the Fit if you're looking for a small, economical car that doesn't punish you for it. Given separate star ratings for reliability and quality, I'll point out the reason for 4 stars on quality vs 5 on reliability. The 5 is obvious, it's a Honda after all. The 4 for quality comes from two things: One, after 25,000 the top of the dash is starting to chitter over anything other than glass-smooth pavement; and two, the child seat belt/buckle mounted in the rear ceiling has started falling out of it's holder. Otherwise this car is just fantastic. Those who complain about a lack of power, I assume either (1) are used to bigger, more powerful cars (2) have the automatic, which is always a mistake in a small economy car, or (3) don't realize that Hondas LIKE to be revved. I have no complaints about the power or economy. Mine is averaging right on the new 2008 EPA numbers at about 34mpg highway. And this is the most fun you can possibly have in this class of car. The Sport is a real ball of fun; eager to zig and zag and sprightly if you keep the engine on the boil with the perfectly flicky shifter. Of course, the rear seats are ingenious and genuinely useful. Not only is the trunk huge with them folded flat, but if you instead fold the bottoms up against the seatback, you get the entire back seat area from floor to ceiling for tall items. Folding up one seat is perfect for putting a laundry basket on the floor instead of having it make imprints in the seat fabric. I love it. Interior quality is a notch above what you find in other small cars, too. The dash plastic might be hard instead of soft-touch, but it's solid as a rock and every seam is laser-perfect. Only the buzzing mentioned above has become a problem. And even the big brother Civic doesn't have cloth inserts on the rear doors. I also love the instrument cluster with its sporty, classy backlit guages - a nice touch. Get yourself one!"

i love my fit

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"i've put 11K miles on my fit in 3 months and love it! i'm 5'6" and can sleep in the back no problem. and have slept two in the back with no problem. i mostly leave the back seats flipped up and throw all of my climbing gear in the back. when alone with my climbing/camping gear, i get 44mpg over hills. when with another person on the same route (and their gear), i get 37mpg. it's comfortable for long trips."

Nice car overall

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I like this car a lot, but am puzzled that no one has mentioned the fact that the steering wheel is poorly located-too far away with seat adjusted to legs. I am normally proportioned. Need to have either a telescoping wheel, or adjustable pedals. Also (surprisingly) gas mileage is poorer than Civic. Why didn't Honda just put in the 1.7L engine in there? Two other nitpicks: No aux. jack in regular model and cannot put bikes inside (upright) without turning them sideways."