2007 Honda Fit

Based on 371 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

LOVE this car!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "no center arm rest"

"Very good value, roomy for subcompact"

Fantastic cheap wheels!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Huge inside, tiny outside!"

Cons: "Road noise, ride, driving position."

"This is not a perfect car but, given its cost (purchase and running) it is impossible to beat. Drove across country (MA-WA) a couple of years ago and averaged 45 mpg at 65 mph! Greatest attribute is the car will hold tons of stuff - Ikea is no challenge - and has decent room for passengers. Downsides are: ride is rough on bad roads, on highway car is fairly loud, in '07 they should have used telescopic steering wheel. Again, not perfect but I really like this car and will keep it until it breaks. No maintenance so far outside of oil, tires."

Great first car, Great value!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, great price"

Cons: "interior noise barrier"

"This car not only has been reliable (bought new), it never ceases to amaze me. The interior and trunk room is unbeatable for the outside appearance. It's great for a trip to the home improvement store or even getting a christmas tree! The fold down seats and durable interior also make it a great car for hauling around kids and dogs, the interior wipes up easily and doesn't show ware. I would recommend this car for a first time car buyer or anyone who needs something with a lot of space and great gas mileage."

Fits anything and anywhere

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"I've had this car for 4 years and it's never let me down. It has a remarkable amount of cargo space for a vehicle its size : definitely the best compared to other similar hatchbacks. The 4 feet of vertical space when the rear seats are raised may not fit a llama but it's sure helpful when you're carrying around a bicycle."

LOVE, LOVE my Fit!!!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "price, flexibility, size"

Cons: "a little road noise...that's it!"

"I love my 2007 Honda Fit! It has never broken down and I am over 100,000 miles! It turns on a dime, accelerates as quick as I will ever need (as quickly as my civic used to), changes configuration easily, and did not break the bank! I have hauled 8 foot 2X4s, sidewalk pavers, bicycles, a cello...you name it and it will probably fit in the Fit! My only complaint is the road noise. It is not as quiet as the Accord or the Pilot (and I have owned both), but turn the music on and you won't notice it! If you don't own one, BUY ONE!"

Got what I paid for!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "No Cruise Control/Sunroof"

Just after a long ride in the snow!

"I bought a 2007 Honda Fit for 9,000.00 It is a smooth ride, 5 speed, which I love. I purchased it with just over 79K miles. I have put almost 25K miles on it in 4 months; I do drive a lot. Its a comfortable ride, and its super smooth. It is amazing in the snow and super dependable. I let it sit for 6 days and it started up in 20 degree F weather. I love my fit, especially because you can FIT so much in it! The rear seats fold back, forward, and up. Its a sexy looking car; sharp. I love my fit , and who doesn't love 50 MPG's! I would very likely recommend this car to a friend and relative."

Just after a long ride in the snow!

Outstanding vehicle

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Handling, fuel economy, fun to drive"

Cons: "adequate for long distances, could be better"

"Fun to drive in traffic with the paddle shifters,very nimble and agile. Outstanding fuel economy and dependability, leaves others in the dust."

Love this car

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Decent mileage, low maintenance"

Cons: "I don't have a sun roof"

"I really love my car- its reliable, it appears small and can park in small space, but on the inside there is plenty of space. My friends are always surprised once they come into my car and see that its not really so small."

Good car!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "good price, GREAT gas mileage, cute/sporty"

Cons: "front bumper is too low"

"Over all this is a great little car. It tricks the eye however. It seems small when you view it from the outside, but there is plenty of space inside. The Honda Fit stands out in a world of small economical cars. The only thing I can say that I would change about the Honda Fit is the extremely low front bumper; It scrapes and scratches too easily!"

electrical issues

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "can fit alot of stuff in the car, gocart handling"

Cons: "Honda"

"I needed to replace the alternator after it started over charging the battery, which then the battery needed to be replaced cause it was ruined, also the coils are causing the car to misfire. I did the work on the alternator at about 55000. I thought I was buying a Honda, but instead I got a Yugo."

Value, Fun and Functional

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Value, Fun, BIG capacilty, seats well designed"

Cons: "Interior noise, poor carpet"

"My first Honda, bought used from (really) a little old lady and run for 3 years now. Produces EXACTLY the mpg the sticker says (30mpg city and 38-39 hgwy), has great acceleration for its 1500cc motor. Has higher cabin noise than I would like but it is completely acceptable. Automated oil change prompts are useful, dashboard layout great. Stereo/sound is excellent. No vehicle defects to date, though when I bought the car with 9500 miles on it, the clutch was found to be warped/shutter upon take off--probably the previous driver had no instinct for 5spd clutching. The dealer REPLACED the clutch at no cost to me as a first-time Honda owner. I am completely sold on Honda and the Fit in particular."

Versatile Value

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "road noise"

"It is a very versatile car, which is why I bought it. I love the fold flat seats. It is cute and peppy, and great on gas. The only thing that bothers me is the amount of road noise. I'd also like more engine power, but understand that it is a trade off with fuel efficiency."

Uncomfortable, noisy, cramped, and not worth it

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Noise, ride, mileage, features, battery"

"When I bought my Fit, it seemed like the perfect car for me. The brand new price of around $15,000 was about the same as other small cars on the used market. I figured, why not get a NEW car with no miles on it? Over time, I have grown disillusioned with this car. I will say that the handling is very, very good, the sharpest of any car I've driven. The other point in its favor is the cargo area. You can fold the rear seats into the floor to create a flat cargo space, or you can fold the rear seats up to make room for tall items. The disadvantages are numerous. Ride quality is extremely poor at all speeds, with every bump shaking the car's occupants. The noise ranges from moderate to very loud, and at highway speeds you will have to shout to be heard. The stereo system does provide a feature that increases volume with increasing speed, and you'll need it. The interior is basic but not low quality. It is however missing numerous features that you expect to find in any car, such as variable intermittent wipers (there is only one intermittent speed) or an armrest. The seats are not very comfortable and not suitable for long trips, but this car is so bad on the highway that you won't want to take road trips anyway. You'd think that with such a small car, you'd at least get good gas mileage. But it's not really that impressive. Overall fuel economy has been 29-30 mpg for me, and I do a lot more highway than city driving. Not bad, but it should be much better for how much you're giving up. I think the highway mileage suffers because of the gearing - in 5th gear, the engine buzzes at about 3500 rpm at 65 mph. The battery has died on me twice as well. The Fit uses a special smaller battery that apparently doesn't have enough oomph to reliably start the car more than a few times in a row and struggles to start in sub-zero temperatures. This is a major problem in cold weather climates. Overall, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of the problems with this car if I had only paid a little money for it. Such basic problems like ride quality and road noise are expected in old beaters, but unacceptable in brand new cars."

really like this car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"The carpet is not very durable. It is a little too low to the ground and have had issues with the under carriage in parking lots. Handles great, good mileage, have yet to fill it up. It will hold a lot. Small enough to fit in tight spots."

Great gas mileage

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"Very comfortable to drive on long distance drives. Handles well in snow."

Great commuter vehicle

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Yes, fun to drive."

Cons: "Road Noise"

"It's a Honda. That speaks for itself. This vehicle is a great commuter vehicle. Small, 4 door, with tons of rooom when all the seats are down to convert into a small hatchback "wagon". Downside, noisy. Road noise in this model is loud. Not sure about the newer models. Overall, for the purchase price and the build quality, no major complaints. Really fun to drive and park!"

GREAT space, gas milage, and room!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Comfort. Gas milage. space. everything"

"I purchased this car brand new from honda in 2008. I drive the base model and absolutely love it! The car has a respectable amount of power and is easy in city or highway. I love the FIt."

Easy on gas

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, seating/storage options"

Cons: "Poor rear visibility, handling on wet pavement"

"This has been the best value car I've owned (owned for 4 years). I get hybrid gas mileage without the hybrid cost. When I really try, I can get 42 MPG (but usually 36 to 38). I've hauled dogs (2), hay (6 bails), and a sheep in this car (not all at the same time). The only problems to watch out for are poor rear visibility and loosing grip in slippery conditions. The visibility issue is due to the small rear window and high back seat head rests. Honda changed the head rest design in 2009 to address this. As for grip, it's a light weight car. I switched to a set of Perelli tires that improved grip (at the expense of gas mileage)."

Good little car

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Reason: maintenance

Pros: "It's like a small mini van"

Cons: "road noise"

"This was my first brand new car puchase ever, so I researched alot before buying it. At the time (2008) it had the highest fuel ecomomy of most vehicles, other than the prius. We usually get 320 miles to a tank (10 gal) so 32mpg. after 4 years and 50,000 miles we have gone thru 2 sets of tires, due to several mechanics info for low quality factory struts. The ride is sharp and hard, like my old vw beetles back in the day. According to a honda salesman they have upgraded the new Fit with better struts, lucky me, but I will now have to pay $20,000 for the exact same car today (FIT sport) that I paid 15,900 in 2008. Today other cars in this category get better mileage and more comfortable, and for few bucks more I think I would take a Prius. My FIT is garage kept, adult driven and trade in at the HONDA dealer was alot less than KBB.We like this car, but will not buy it again."

Best economy car on the market, hands down.

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, value, economical, cargo space"

Cons: "No cruise control, stiff driving position"

"Pretty sporty exterior, classy interior, 35 mpg, quick and nimble driving all for 15k! Also, the cargo room is unbelievable. Not terribly comfortable for long drives if you're tall (like me), but its usually not too big of an issue."

PERFECT FIT!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "roomy, reliable, fun, efficient"

"I love this car. We have another fit. We are looking to buy a third one. It's bigger in driver seat than other cars that are overall bigger. It is very flexible for stuffing things inside. The only thing slightly negative is that it is a small car and there is road noise so that you have to turn the music up a bit to compensate. But, that's just part of a small car. Great value and safety. Worth it."

Excellent MPG, comfortable, easy to get in and out

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Price and versatiity"

Cons: "Needs better interior lighting"

"I have 107,000 miles on this car and I am very satified with it. Being a senior citizen, easy entry and exit as well as comfortable seating was a determining factor in purchasing my FIT. The vehicle is my commuter car to and from work which amounts to 100 miles per day (freeway driving). Most of the time I am the only person in the car and it consistantly gets 40 MPG. The car is load sensative and with more people in the vehicle the milage drops to 33 MPG. For my type of driving I highly reccomend the Honda fit."

excellent car with no problems and great handling.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "needs arm rests and center console"

"it has been a great car problem-free except the flimsy bottom pan under front end.I wish they hadn't eliminated the cassette players from radios."

Best car ever!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "My neighbor bought one as soon as I drove her."

"This car is fantastic. It is compact but comfortable for almost any size driver. The back seats are comfortable and receive heat/air to be as comfy as the front driver and passenger. It has plenty of space for drinks, maps, change, you name it. It has more pickup and go then other cars this size. Gas...I receive more miles to the gallon and I'm happy to be saving money while prices are high. Space...can lower one or both seats in the back so can carry skis or bike and still have 3 passengers. What more can I say. I absolutely LOVE this car. Oh, and the price is right and it maintains its value. I am so happy to be driving a FIT!!!!"

useful, fun to drive car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"The paddle shifters make driving a delight, the engine has a wide power band...and if you get tired of it all, just shift into drive and ignore it. The interior holds an amazing amount of flexible usable space, finally the mileage rating with me driving is about 34-35 my wife claims 43 for her driving style.....I would have to fight my wife to get rid of this car."