2007 Honda Fit

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Buy this car

By on Saturday, May 26, 2007

"I have had it three weeks, gone on road trips, and driven it around the city (Boston). Only two drawbacks: road noise is excessive (I used to drive a Ford F150 Super Crew) and detailing is "inexpensive", but then, so is the car. My average gas mileage is 38 miles to the gallon, never more, never less, but I drive carefully, and have a manual transmission. Because of the way the seats fold down, I have been able to transport an eight foot long box of flooring material! I expect that Honda reliability will add to the value over the years."

Best small car out there!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Bought my new Fit Sport Automatic in March of 2007, after putting down a deposit even before the car was built. Car is built in Suzuka, Japan, to very close tolerances. At this writing, mine has 51,000 miles on it and is 19 months old. Never had a problem with it at all, and it is still very tight and just like new. I am so glad I did the research before buying this car. It cost more than the Toyota or Nissan that are its competitors, but it is worth the difference. The "magic seats" are fantastic. I am a photographer, and often need to transport a lot of gear. This car fits the purpose perfectly, and gets good fuel mileage, also. I love my Fit!"

One the best cars for any price!

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"I bought the 5 speed MT after they first came out (May 2006). I wanted a reliable economy car that was comfortable and flexible. This car meets all my need for a daily driver on my 75 mile roundtrip commute, occasional passengers, hauling purchases from Home Depot or Costco or a 350-mile trip to visit family. For the money, the Fit sport has as many extras as more expensive cars, so you don't feel like you're giving up too much. The fuel economy is very attractive: my lifetime average is 37.5 mpg including all driving conditions and A/C use. Pure highway driving on a long trip always yields from 41-45 mpg driving at ~70 with the a/c on. After 2 years and 45,000 miles the car still runs like new and has no mechanical problems. I have worn out the original set of tires and replaced them with some Michelins which improves the ride and lowers the road noise a great deal. I expect that many owners few complaints about the car may be due to the original tires. Maybe most important of all, this car is fun to drive and still enjoy it."

well worth it

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I bought this car because I had a job and I was traveling 55 miles every day. The gas savings alone was worth it. It doesn't ever get the mileage around town it should. It averages 27mpg locally. It gets low 30s when on the highway. It's a five-speed, too. I LOVE the space inside. There is room for everything I could ever need (including passengers). I can load it many ways with all the seat arrangements. Even backseat passengers tell me they have plenty of space. I have three things I don't like. The first one is the big one. There is no place to set your left clutch foot, and I tend to need to stretch that leg after long drives. The other two are minor. The rear defog has no timer and stays on until it is shut off. And the rears two door windows fog very easily and nothing seems to help. I would definately buy this car again. I just wish I bought a blue one."

Hard to be without

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"After taken many test drives of various vehicles, it was easily narrowed down to Fit. Why? Best performance on steering. There is no lag at any point during any turn. Also one of the most smooth shifts I have ever experienced. I'm 6 ft 4 in and fit extremely well in the front. I am snug in the back but if I had to sit back there I could do it even for a long trip. Anybody that knocks the fit by its appearence should really get behind the wheel and feel it for yourself. Never before in my life would I have considered a 4 door hatch for a car until I drove the Fit. Great fuel economy I can pull 34 in the city which is what I drive 99% of the time.Simply an amazing underpowered machine."

Like it, don't love it.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"The Good: Very good handling on curvy roads. Plenty of room in hatch with back seats folded down. Has been very reliable. The Bad: Very disappointed with gas mileage. Currently get about 26 city, 30 hwy. Very little power. Air conditioning not adequate. The brochure showed a mountain bike standing vertically (w/front wheel removed) with the back seats up. My mountain bike would not fit. Paddle shifters just not that useful."

Great car for the money!

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I waited 3 months for my Fit and have enjoyed driving it for over a year. I have put 12,500 trouble free mile on it and am just getting ready for the 2nd oil change. Great insurance rates, safe and fun little car. Hauls more then you can imagine in the back with the Magic seats folded down. Check it out if you can find one on the dealers lots."

The Fit:a great economy car;punisher on long trips

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "priced decently for options"

Cons: "punisher on the long haul - more than 50 miles"

"gets an avg. of 30MPG; more on the Hwy, and up to 35 if you are not using the A/C or heat, and/or facing high winds. Very reliable and quick response, but with the 4cy engine, you need to turn off heat/ac to access freeway entrance ramps. It has a lot of cargo storage-the seats lay flat; it's actually more room than the 06 & 08 Civic we had. It does have road noise, but what economy car doesn't!"

Does more than most cars

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Larger inside than some full size cars."

Cons: "Carpet material made out of used paper towels"

"We have owned this car from new, it has been very reliable, the interior is very spacious. I am 6'4" and I can sit in the back seat when she is driving. This is the only car I have ever found that has 5 cup holders that can be used when you are carrying 5 people (most cars loose the middle rear seat to access the 2 rear cup holders in a pull down arm rest)if you have kids this can be an important feature. The front wheel bearings went bad at about 35,00 miles, Honda replaced them under warranty. They have gone bad again at 82,000 miles. I like that the front seats have a lever at the top of the seat back cushion that allows me to slide the seats back before I get into the car. The car drives well and has plenty of pep and gets between 30 to 33 mpg in mixed fwy and street driving, it corners well but the rear passengers are subject to hard rear suspension impacts, I would have liked stability and traction control. Apart from the wheel bearings my only complaint is that Honda fitted the Fit with carpet that is not really carpet, its compressed fiber, it got holes in it at about 30,000 miles which Honda decided was normal wear and tear. I have a 20 year old Toyota with 260,000 miles, the carpets are dirty but no holes. My last and biggest complaint: Who the heck came up with the name "FIT"?..."Jazz" wasn't catchy enough??? Did they do a Goggle search Honda Fit? No! Otherwise they would have realized that calling a car "FIT" means that any time your search for it you get ALL and I mean ALL of the parts that FIT any Honda including motorcycles."

Uncomfortable, noisy, cramped, and not worth it

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Noise, ride, mileage, features, battery"

"When I bought my Fit, it seemed like the perfect car for me. The brand new price of around $15,000 was about the same as other small cars on the used market. I figured, why not get a NEW car with no miles on it? Over time, I have grown disillusioned with this car. I will say that the handling is very, very good, the sharpest of any car I've driven. The other point in its favor is the cargo area. You can fold the rear seats into the floor to create a flat cargo space, or you can fold the rear seats up to make room for tall items. The disadvantages are numerous. Ride quality is extremely poor at all speeds, with every bump shaking the car's occupants. The noise ranges from moderate to very loud, and at highway speeds you will have to shout to be heard. The stereo system does provide a feature that increases volume with increasing speed, and you'll need it. The interior is basic but not low quality. It is however missing numerous features that you expect to find in any car, such as variable intermittent wipers (there is only one intermittent speed) or an armrest. The seats are not very comfortable and not suitable for long trips, but this car is so bad on the highway that you won't want to take road trips anyway. You'd think that with such a small car, you'd at least get good gas mileage. But it's not really that impressive. Overall fuel economy has been 29-30 mpg for me, and I do a lot more highway than city driving. Not bad, but it should be much better for how much you're giving up. I think the highway mileage suffers because of the gearing - in 5th gear, the engine buzzes at about 3500 rpm at 65 mph. The battery has died on me twice as well. The Fit uses a special smaller battery that apparently doesn't have enough oomph to reliably start the car more than a few times in a row and struggles to start in sub-zero temperatures. This is a major problem in cold weather climates. Overall, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of the problems with this car if I had only paid a little money for it. Such basic problems like ride quality and road noise are expected in old beaters, but unacceptable in brand new cars."