2007 Honda Fit

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

I have loved this car.

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "Great Mileage, Easy to Park, inexpensitve to insur"

Cons: "Seats are hard, no heated seats"

"I have 74K miles on this car, and have driven it winter and summer. Never a problem with snow, ice, wind. Great air conditioning, good sound system, reliable. OK, so its not super FUN, we would all rather drive a V-6 or V-8. And the seats are not super comfortable. But I've never spent more than $35 for a tank of gas, and I've never had one repair bill. Easy to park too. This car is my good friend."

I love this car!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun, great on gas"

Cons: "cant think of a thing!"

"Easy to drive, comfortable on long trips, holds much more than you think it would! I get tons of good comments on this car, sad to have to sell it but must have 4 wheel drive where I now live. Well over 100,000 miles and she is just getting broken in."

best I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"Never had a repair problem 41 MPG average"

I love this car, best I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "love to drive this car!"

Cons: "isnt 4 wheel drive"

"If you are looking at the Fit, it is a great car. Never bought a Honda before but will look for another Honda now that I need 4 wheel drive. Rides good, gas mileage is awesome for long trips. Fits alot more than you would imagine it could. People tell me the back seating is very comfortable also with leg room."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"

Great gas mileage. Lots on cargo space.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Good power for a small car."

Cons: "The fuzzy interior is hard to clean."

"I love the way the back seats fold down flat for cargo. Great gas mileage. I have not had any mechanical problems in the 6 years I have owned the car."

Gutless Wonder

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Trouble free, smooth transmission."

Cons: "Pathetic engine, no bluetooth, no satellite radio."

"I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well,so you're back to square one. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L engine (used in the Civic) to the sport version of the Fit, they would have a winner."

Gutless Wonder

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Price is a little high for what you get."

Cons: "Pathetic engine, no bluetooth, no satellite radio."

"I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L engine (used in the Civic) to the sport version of the Fit, they would have a winner."

Great car; best one I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "Battery problems at first but those are resolved."

"Car is incredibly comfortable for both driver and passenger; handles great; much better acceleration than expected; super mileage, 30+mpg around town and an even 40mpg on recent 3.5 hour trip on interstate traveling at 70 to 75 mph. Amazingly roomy, I've carried a 6.5 ft Christmas tree, a very large chaise lounge, and many other large pieces of furniture that people watching or there to help load were certain wouldn't fit in their larger vehicles and certainly not in mine. Yet everything I've attempted has fit with nothing hanging out of doors or windows. Everything inside, switches, knobs, etc., has remained tight with no loosening or rattling. Even my 6'3" 29 year old grandson was surprised at how comfortable and fun to drive it is. And here, 6 yrs later, it's only depreciated $2000 from what I paid. Best purchase I ever made!"

Mixed Bag

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "ignition shift interlock problems"

"In terms of interior and exterior styling, I much prefer the appearance of the 2008 Fit to its successor. It's definitely fun to drive though at 24 pounds per horsepower it won't press you back into your seat at maximum acceleration nor was it meant to. There is enough power on tap to keep up with most in-town traffic in my area using 3,000 rpm shift points in my 5 speed auto transmission equipped base model Fit. On 100% gasoline I was able to obtain 37.8 mpg in mixed city highway driving. With the current 90% gasoline 10% ethanol mix mixed city highway dropped to 35.2 mpg. The downside to the exterior styling comes in the form of the front air dam. While able to clear most curbs, parking lot entry and exit while crossing edge-of-street dips for rain water drainage has proven to be another mater entirely. The heads of the plastic rivits holding the engine compartment splash guards to the air dam kept getting filed off. I've since stopped replacing them. Then there is the matter of the electric power steering. In the first 35,000 miles, the system failed to operate three times upon start-up of the vehicle necessitating restarting. Its biggest problem has been with the gear-shift ignition key interlock. Ten times so far I've placed the transmission in Park only to discover the keyswitch would not rotate far enough counter clockwise for me to retrieve my key. The first time this occurred, I had to have my car towed 50 miles to the nearest Honda dealer. Their repair department could not reduplicate the problem and suggested it might be a problem with the battery at which point I stated that I replace batteries every 3 years. Subsequently on each occurrence I insert a flat-blade screw driver into the hole next to the gearshift lever and press down on a button while moving the lever from Park to 1st gear and back to Park at which point I can get my key released."