2007 Honda Fit

Based on 377 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Like it, don't love it.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"The Good: Very good handling on curvy roads. Plenty of room in hatch with back seats folded down. Has been very reliable. The Bad: Very disappointed with gas mileage. Currently get about 26 city, 30 hwy. Very little power. Air conditioning not adequate. The brochure showed a mountain bike standing vertically (w/front wheel removed) with the back seats up. My mountain bike would not fit. Paddle shifters just not that useful."

Great for the price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"For some reason the only issue with this car is the A/C. It's underpowered due to small engine. Acceleration for stop the compressor switches off. Which is most evident during warm up time. Nice pickup, nice interior and configuration. The plastic in some spots and the carpet are a little cheaper than I would expect. But I believe it's expected in this price range. Test drive it on a hot day. I would like the manual because gas mileage would be what is advertised. Automatic just doesn't break 26-28 for me."

Great car for the money!

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I waited 3 months for my Fit and have enjoyed driving it for over a year. I have put 12,500 trouble free mile on it and am just getting ready for the 2nd oil change. Great insurance rates, safe and fun little car. Hauls more then you can imagine in the back with the Magic seats folded down. Check it out if you can find one on the dealers lots."

The Fit:a great economy car;punisher on long trips

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "priced decently for options"

Cons: "punisher on the long haul - more than 50 miles"

"gets an avg. of 30MPG; more on the Hwy, and up to 35 if you are not using the A/C or heat, and/or facing high winds. Very reliable and quick response, but with the 4cy engine, you need to turn off heat/ac to access freeway entrance ramps. It has a lot of cargo storage-the seats lay flat; it's actually more room than the 06 & 08 Civic we had. It does have road noise, but what economy car doesn't!"

Does more than most cars

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Larger inside than some full size cars."

Cons: "Carpet material made out of used paper towels"

"We have owned this car from new, it has been very reliable, the interior is very spacious. I am 6'4" and I can sit in the back seat when she is driving. This is the only car I have ever found that has 5 cup holders that can be used when you are carrying 5 people (most cars loose the middle rear seat to access the 2 rear cup holders in a pull down arm rest)if you have kids this can be an important feature. The front wheel bearings went bad at about 35,00 miles, Honda replaced them under warranty. They have gone bad again at 82,000 miles. I like that the front seats have a lever at the top of the seat back cushion that allows me to slide the seats back before I get into the car. The car drives well and has plenty of pep and gets between 30 to 33 mpg in mixed fwy and street driving, it corners well but the rear passengers are subject to hard rear suspension impacts, I would have liked stability and traction control. Apart from the wheel bearings my only complaint is that Honda fitted the Fit with carpet that is not really carpet, its compressed fiber, it got holes in it at about 30,000 miles which Honda decided was normal wear and tear. I have a 20 year old Toyota with 260,000 miles, the carpets are dirty but no holes. My last and biggest complaint: Who the heck came up with the name "FIT"?..."Jazz" wasn't catchy enough??? Did they do a Goggle search Honda Fit? No! Otherwise they would have realized that calling a car "FIT" means that any time your search for it you get ALL and I mean ALL of the parts that FIT any Honda including motorcycles."

Uncomfortable, noisy, cramped, and not worth it

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Noise, ride, mileage, features, battery"

"When I bought my Fit, it seemed like the perfect car for me. The brand new price of around $15,000 was about the same as other small cars on the used market. I figured, why not get a NEW car with no miles on it? Over time, I have grown disillusioned with this car. I will say that the handling is very, very good, the sharpest of any car I've driven. The other point in its favor is the cargo area. You can fold the rear seats into the floor to create a flat cargo space, or you can fold the rear seats up to make room for tall items. The disadvantages are numerous. Ride quality is extremely poor at all speeds, with every bump shaking the car's occupants. The noise ranges from moderate to very loud, and at highway speeds you will have to shout to be heard. The stereo system does provide a feature that increases volume with increasing speed, and you'll need it. The interior is basic but not low quality. It is however missing numerous features that you expect to find in any car, such as variable intermittent wipers (there is only one intermittent speed) or an armrest. The seats are not very comfortable and not suitable for long trips, but this car is so bad on the highway that you won't want to take road trips anyway. You'd think that with such a small car, you'd at least get good gas mileage. But it's not really that impressive. Overall fuel economy has been 29-30 mpg for me, and I do a lot more highway than city driving. Not bad, but it should be much better for how much you're giving up. I think the highway mileage suffers because of the gearing - in 5th gear, the engine buzzes at about 3500 rpm at 65 mph. The battery has died on me twice as well. The Fit uses a special smaller battery that apparently doesn't have enough oomph to reliably start the car more than a few times in a row and struggles to start in sub-zero temperatures. This is a major problem in cold weather climates. Overall, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of the problems with this car if I had only paid a little money for it. Such basic problems like ride quality and road noise are expected in old beaters, but unacceptable in brand new cars."

Utilitarian yet Fun and Reliable

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"pros: -can fit two bikes (with seats folded) -can fit at least 4 full-size luggages and more if seats are folded in different ways -can fit bed frames (disassembled) -used my Honda Fit in moving -can fit pretty much anything in your house with seats folded in different ways -zippy gear, good steering -airbags galore (dual front, dual side, front and rear curtain side) -comfy seats -ipod/iphone jack input -premium sound (on my Sport model), noise adapt -fuel economy, 26-28 city, 38-40 highway (based on my own driving and where I live) -Honda reliability and resale value -some extras like fog lamps, paddle shifters (on my Sport model) cons: -ride too coarse for my taste (i guess perhaps of the Sport model) -struggles a bit when passing or merging on freeways and uphill climb -underseat fuel compartment noisy when full (you will hear a bit of splash back and forth underneath your seat when you break)"

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"A nice car, though I have a few complaints that may be as much the dealer's fault as the car's itself: I have the base model, as I could not justify an extra $1800 for fancy wheels and a rear spoiler. However the Sport package did include cruise control and remote locks. The dealer told me when I ordered the car that the cruise could be put in by them. But when the car arrived, they said no, I'd have to go to a 3d party installer, pay $150 more than the dealer quoted for their install, and it would likely void various warranties. So I am driving around with a full time foot on the gas pedal. Not a big issue in town, but it would be nice for road trips. Likewise, even though the Honda web site listed adding the remote locks, the dealer says they don't do this either. The car has very poor FM radio performance. In part this is caused by interference from the Electric Power Steering system. Unless the station is pretty close by, there is a lot of noise which is a problem if listening to classical music or talk radio."

2007 FIT REVIEW[55,000 miles]

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"At 9:00 P.m., I drove into the dealership with my 1 year old Dodge truck. Gas was going through the roof and I was commuting 35 miles each way. There sat 4 new FITS. I'm 6'3'' and well past my prime. SO, I was skeptical of the claim that there was ample headroom in this little scooter of a car. American car makers...WAKE UP!! I discovered that there was MORE headroom in the FIT than my Dodge Dakota Club Cab!! The pick up is snappy and responsive. Having 55,000 miles on the FIT now, I can state with conviction that except for the missing arm rest, this is a TERRIFIC car!! I get between 32-36 MPG WITH REGULARITY!! My driving is between 30-55 mph with few stops. I purchased the max. warrenty...120,000 bumper to bumper and was informed that this was the only money not well spent that day. I loved the confidence that the dealership has in this car! My 2 25-30 year old boys call it lots of bad names due to its exterior looks but the versatility of the car is amazing.BOTH rear seats fold down with a light lift of a recessed handle AND both seats ALSO fold UP..to reveal deep storage space amidships. I did get only 27,000 on my first set of tires. Those looking for the perfect commuter car need look no further."

Best small car out there!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Bought my new Fit Sport Automatic in March of 2007, after putting down a deposit even before the car was built. Car is built in Suzuka, Japan, to very close tolerances. At this writing, mine has 51,000 miles on it and is 19 months old. Never had a problem with it at all, and it is still very tight and just like new. I am so glad I did the research before buying this car. It cost more than the Toyota or Nissan that are its competitors, but it is worth the difference. The "magic seats" are fantastic. I am a photographer, and often need to transport a lot of gear. This car fits the purpose perfectly, and gets good fuel mileage, also. I love my Fit!"