2007 Honda Fit

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

I have loved this car.

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "Great Mileage, Easy to Park, inexpensitve to insur"

Cons: "Seats are hard, no heated seats"

"I have 74K miles on this car, and have driven it winter and summer. Never a problem with snow, ice, wind. Great air conditioning, good sound system, reliable. OK, so its not super FUN, we would all rather drive a V-6 or V-8. And the seats are not super comfortable. But I've never spent more than $35 for a tank of gas, and I've never had one repair bill. Easy to park too. This car is my good friend."

I love this car!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun, great on gas"

Cons: "cant think of a thing!"

"Easy to drive, comfortable on long trips, holds much more than you think it would! I get tons of good comments on this car, sad to have to sell it but must have 4 wheel drive where I now live. Well over 100,000 miles and she is just getting broken in."

best I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"Never had a repair problem 41 MPG average"

I love this car, best I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "love to drive this car!"

Cons: "isnt 4 wheel drive"

"If you are looking at the Fit, it is a great car. Never bought a Honda before but will look for another Honda now that I need 4 wheel drive. Rides good, gas mileage is awesome for long trips. Fits alot more than you would imagine it could. People tell me the back seating is very comfortable also with leg room."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"

Great gas mileage. Lots on cargo space.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Good power for a small car."

Cons: "The fuzzy interior is hard to clean."

"I love the way the back seats fold down flat for cargo. Great gas mileage. I have not had any mechanical problems in the 6 years I have owned the car."

Gutless Wonder

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Trouble free, smooth transmission."

Cons: "Pathetic engine, no bluetooth, no satellite radio."

"I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well,so you're back to square one. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L engine (used in the Civic) to the sport version of the Fit, they would have a winner."

Gutless Wonder

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Price is a little high for what you get."

Cons: "Pathetic engine, no bluetooth, no satellite radio."

"I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L engine (used in the Civic) to the sport version of the Fit, they would have a winner."

Great car; best one I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "Battery problems at first but those are resolved."

"Car is incredibly comfortable for both driver and passenger; handles great; much better acceleration than expected; super mileage, 30+mpg around town and an even 40mpg on recent 3.5 hour trip on interstate traveling at 70 to 75 mph. Amazingly roomy, I've carried a 6.5 ft Christmas tree, a very large chaise lounge, and many other large pieces of furniture that people watching or there to help load were certain wouldn't fit in their larger vehicles and certainly not in mine. Yet everything I've attempted has fit with nothing hanging out of doors or windows. Everything inside, switches, knobs, etc., has remained tight with no loosening or rattling. Even my 6'3" 29 year old grandson was surprised at how comfortable and fun to drive it is. And here, 6 yrs later, it's only depreciated $2000 from what I paid. Best purchase I ever made!"

Mixed Bag

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "ignition shift interlock problems"

"In terms of interior and exterior styling, I much prefer the appearance of the 2008 Fit to its successor. It's definitely fun to drive though at 24 pounds per horsepower it won't press you back into your seat at maximum acceleration nor was it meant to. There is enough power on tap to keep up with most in-town traffic in my area using 3,000 rpm shift points in my 5 speed auto transmission equipped base model Fit. On 100% gasoline I was able to obtain 37.8 mpg in mixed city highway driving. With the current 90% gasoline 10% ethanol mix mixed city highway dropped to 35.2 mpg. The downside to the exterior styling comes in the form of the front air dam. While able to clear most curbs, parking lot entry and exit while crossing edge-of-street dips for rain water drainage has proven to be another mater entirely. The heads of the plastic rivits holding the engine compartment splash guards to the air dam kept getting filed off. I've since stopped replacing them. Then there is the matter of the electric power steering. In the first 35,000 miles, the system failed to operate three times upon start-up of the vehicle necessitating restarting. Its biggest problem has been with the gear-shift ignition key interlock. Ten times so far I've placed the transmission in Park only to discover the keyswitch would not rotate far enough counter clockwise for me to retrieve my key. The first time this occurred, I had to have my car towed 50 miles to the nearest Honda dealer. Their repair department could not reduplicate the problem and suggested it might be a problem with the battery at which point I stated that I replace batteries every 3 years. Subsequently on each occurrence I insert a flat-blade screw driver into the hole next to the gearshift lever and press down on a button while moving the lever from Park to 1st gear and back to Park at which point I can get my key released."

the. Worst.

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "it's kind of cute."

Cons: "everything else."

"this is the worst car I have ever owned. Just because it is a Honda doesn't mean you should trust it. I get about 23 miles to the gallon (highway) and I take care of it! I got better milage/performance in my Dodge Nitro SUV that I used to have. The Fit is terrible in the snow, and is very uncomfortable on long trips. The pedels are at a really awkward angle so I have actually had my foot fall asleep while on a road trip. There are too many problems with this car to explain- my best advice is to stay away from this car and this year if you can possibly help it."

I still love it after 5 years!

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "huge on inside, plenty of zip"

Cons: "Can't get cruise control on the basic model"

"My first NEW car (I'm sixty-something! always had used cars), almost 5 yrs old and I still LOVE it! it's really big on the inside, very easy to fix seats to carry whatever, I carry 2 bales of hay and 100 lbs of chicken feed at a time, with room to spare! Plenty of zip, high enough driver seat to see around and not feel horribly vulnerable, cute to look at. No expenses except regular maintenance so far, knock on wood."

I laugh at the gas prices!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"I love this car every time I fill up. It is extremely good on gas. but cost alot less than a prius. Only reason I might sell it soon is to buy something that can fit larger items . it has a ton of room for hauling but limited to 36 inches in width. I will probably keep as a second car for gas mileage driving or sell it cheap to one of my kids. the only downside I have found is that there is no arm rest on the driver's side. and i never have figured out how to lower the front seat but never really needed it."

GREAT LITTLE CAR

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "GREAT HANDLING, GREAT FUEL ECONOMY,CHEAP TO OWN"

Cons: "NO DEAD PEDAL,TOO TALL"

"ONE GREAT CAR"

The Fit:a great economy car;punisher on long trips

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "priced decently for options"

Cons: "punisher on the long haul - more than 50 miles"

"gets an avg. of 30MPG; more on the Hwy, and up to 35 if you are not using the A/C or heat, and/or facing high winds. Very reliable and quick response, but with the 4cy engine, you need to turn off heat/ac to access freeway entrance ramps. It has a lot of cargo storage-the seats lay flat; it's actually more room than the 06 & 08 Civic we had. It does have road noise, but what economy car doesn't!"

great car for what it is

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

"for a small car as good as it gets"

great value car

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, can fit lots of stuff into it"

Cons: "seats could be a little more comfortable"

"I bought my Honda Fit new in 2007 and plan to keep my car for as long as it will run. I can load all kinds of stuff into it and not need a pickup truck. It is very sturdy, durable, and reliable. I do wish I had bought a Sport model to have cruise control, but that probably will be what I buy next."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Big space/small car, 35 mpg, holds value, peppy"

Cons: "Road noise but not too much"

"I did a lot of research before I purchased this car. My criteria was economy, dependability, safety and I didn't want a lot of extra engineering which I would never use or want to maintain. I've had my Honda Fit for four years and have loved every minute of it. Consumer Reports loves this car as well. Even though it's a small car the back seats fold down flat to create a ton of space for carting stuff home from the big box stores. My husband is 6'3" tall and has no problem driving or riding in my car. What's really terrific is how it's held its value. It looks brand new and according to Consumer Reports I could expect to sell it for $12,000 to $14,000. I managed to get a good deal on it to begin with so it has depreciated very little. The only problem is trying to figure out if I should keep it forever or sell it while it's still worth a lot of money and buy another brand new one. It's a good problem to have..."

Awesome, quick, handles great, so fun to drive

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, design, sporty, great handling,"

Cons: "None, love it!"

"Love this honda, its quick for a little engine becuase its so light. It handles turns like nothing and the paddle shifters make it so much fun to drive. Mine is the vivid blue color and its so sporty. Hands down this is an amazing car, its gets awesome AWESOME gas mileage."

Does more than most cars

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Larger inside than some full size cars."

Cons: "Carpet material made out of used paper towels"

"We have owned this car from new, it has been very reliable, the interior is very spacious. I am 6'4" and I can sit in the back seat when she is driving. This is the only car I have ever found that has 5 cup holders that can be used when you are carrying 5 people (most cars loose the middle rear seat to access the 2 rear cup holders in a pull down arm rest)if you have kids this can be an important feature. The front wheel bearings went bad at about 35,00 miles, Honda replaced them under warranty. They have gone bad again at 82,000 miles. I like that the front seats have a lever at the top of the seat back cushion that allows me to slide the seats back before I get into the car. The car drives well and has plenty of pep and gets between 30 to 33 mpg in mixed fwy and street driving, it corners well but the rear passengers are subject to hard rear suspension impacts, I would have liked stability and traction control. Apart from the wheel bearings my only complaint is that Honda fitted the Fit with carpet that is not really carpet, its compressed fiber, it got holes in it at about 30,000 miles which Honda decided was normal wear and tear. I have a 20 year old Toyota with 260,000 miles, the carpets are dirty but no holes. My last and biggest complaint: Who the heck came up with the name "FIT"?..."Jazz" wasn't catchy enough??? Did they do a Goggle search Honda Fit? No! Otherwise they would have realized that calling a car "FIT" means that any time your search for it you get ALL and I mean ALL of the parts that FIT any Honda including motorcycles."

Best Car I've ever had

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

I don't own this car

"I have had the Honda Fit (Base model) for four years as a lease and I love it so much I'm actually going to buy it. The cost to buy it is $4,000 less than the Kelly blue book says it's worth to a private party. This car retains its value better than many others. It drives great and I love all the space the hatchback allows. It's actually a fun car to drive. The only issues I have are: The head rests for the rear seats tend to slightly obstruct the rear view, so I took them out. Also it has road noise but not too bad."

Excellent little vehicle

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Great price. Bigger than it looks"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better only 30-35 mpg"

"Like owning a micro-mini van, lots of room."

Great little car for LA comute

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Zippy fun to drive, economical and decent price"

Cons: "No front arm rest or telescoping steering wheel"

"Original owner and I plan on keeping this car till it dies. I commute approximately 800 miles a week through Southern California traffic (mostly LA) and it keeps on trucking. I can park in almost any spot even if the person next to me parked like a jerk. It is well designed with an amzing amount of interior space for a little car. My 6'2" friends can sit comfortably in the front and BACK seat. The front passenger seat folds completely down as do the back seats thus enabling you to haul all kinds of oversized items in the car. We built a 6 foot fence and transported all the materials in this car. The seats can fold into multiple configurations for versital storage and hauling. The downfalls: no front arm rest or telescoping steering wheel both I believe have been rectified in the newer models."

Beauty in simplicity.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel economy, very reliable, never boring!"

Cons: "Ride is slightly stiff."

"I purchased this car from a lot that my repair shop does business with about 3 years ago. It had over 200,000 miles on it at the time. Being in the repair business for many years, I know exactly how reliable Honda vehicles are. This has been no exception. 3 years and around 40k miles later she still drives as a new one would. Upper 20's MPG around town, and at times, over 40 MPG on the freeway (A/T). The ergonomics of the vehicle are also impressive. The rear seats fold flat into the floor, allowing very large, or awkward dimension objects to fit in with ease. With the rear seats stationary and upright, there is an abundance of room for my children's car seats. Though I only use this car as a secondary vehicle now, my wife and I still use it around 5 days a week for various errands. It has shown no signs of mechanical wear, and its unrelenting reliability will make me keep it around! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun, simple to use, and economical vehicle."

LOVE this car!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "no center arm rest"

"Very good value, roomy for subcompact"