2007 Honda Fit

Based on 378 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Uncomfortable, noisy, cramped, and not worth it

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, lots of cargo space"

Cons: "Noise, ride, mileage, features, battery"

"When I bought my Fit, it seemed like the perfect car for me. The brand new price of around $15,000 was about the same as other small cars on the used market. I figured, why not get a NEW car with no miles on it? Over time, I have grown disillusioned with this car. I will say that the handling is very, very good, the sharpest of any car I've driven. The other point in its favor is the cargo area. You can fold the rear seats into the floor to create a flat cargo space, or you can fold the rear seats up to make room for tall items. The disadvantages are numerous. Ride quality is extremely poor at all speeds, with every bump shaking the car's occupants. The noise ranges from moderate to very loud, and at highway speeds you will have to shout to be heard. The stereo system does provide a feature that increases volume with increasing speed, and you'll need it. The interior is basic but not low quality. It is however missing numerous features that you expect to find in any car, such as variable intermittent wipers (there is only one intermittent speed) or an armrest. The seats are not very comfortable and not suitable for long trips, but this car is so bad on the highway that you won't want to take road trips anyway. You'd think that with such a small car, you'd at least get good gas mileage. But it's not really that impressive. Overall fuel economy has been 29-30 mpg for me, and I do a lot more highway than city driving. Not bad, but it should be much better for how much you're giving up. I think the highway mileage suffers because of the gearing - in 5th gear, the engine buzzes at about 3500 rpm at 65 mph. The battery has died on me twice as well. The Fit uses a special smaller battery that apparently doesn't have enough oomph to reliably start the car more than a few times in a row and struggles to start in sub-zero temperatures. This is a major problem in cold weather climates. Overall, I'd be willing to overlook a lot of the problems with this car if I had only paid a little money for it. Such basic problems like ride quality and road noise are expected in old beaters, but unacceptable in brand new cars."

Utilitarian yet Fun and Reliable

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"pros: -can fit two bikes (with seats folded) -can fit at least 4 full-size luggages and more if seats are folded in different ways -can fit bed frames (disassembled) -used my Honda Fit in moving -can fit pretty much anything in your house with seats folded in different ways -zippy gear, good steering -airbags galore (dual front, dual side, front and rear curtain side) -comfy seats -ipod/iphone jack input -premium sound (on my Sport model), noise adapt -fuel economy, 26-28 city, 38-40 highway (based on my own driving and where I live) -Honda reliability and resale value -some extras like fog lamps, paddle shifters (on my Sport model) cons: -ride too coarse for my taste (i guess perhaps of the Sport model) -struggles a bit when passing or merging on freeways and uphill climb -underseat fuel compartment noisy when full (you will hear a bit of splash back and forth underneath your seat when you break)"

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"A nice car, though I have a few complaints that may be as much the dealer's fault as the car's itself: I have the base model, as I could not justify an extra $1800 for fancy wheels and a rear spoiler. However the Sport package did include cruise control and remote locks. The dealer told me when I ordered the car that the cruise could be put in by them. But when the car arrived, they said no, I'd have to go to a 3d party installer, pay $150 more than the dealer quoted for their install, and it would likely void various warranties. So I am driving around with a full time foot on the gas pedal. Not a big issue in town, but it would be nice for road trips. Likewise, even though the Honda web site listed adding the remote locks, the dealer says they don't do this either. The car has very poor FM radio performance. In part this is caused by interference from the Electric Power Steering system. Unless the station is pretty close by, there is a lot of noise which is a problem if listening to classical music or talk radio."

2007 FIT REVIEW[55,000 miles]

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"At 9:00 P.m., I drove into the dealership with my 1 year old Dodge truck. Gas was going through the roof and I was commuting 35 miles each way. There sat 4 new FITS. I'm 6'3'' and well past my prime. SO, I was skeptical of the claim that there was ample headroom in this little scooter of a car. American car makers...WAKE UP!! I discovered that there was MORE headroom in the FIT than my Dodge Dakota Club Cab!! The pick up is snappy and responsive. Having 55,000 miles on the FIT now, I can state with conviction that except for the missing arm rest, this is a TERRIFIC car!! I get between 32-36 MPG WITH REGULARITY!! My driving is between 30-55 mph with few stops. I purchased the max. warrenty...120,000 bumper to bumper and was informed that this was the only money not well spent that day. I loved the confidence that the dealership has in this car! My 2 25-30 year old boys call it lots of bad names due to its exterior looks but the versatility of the car is amazing.BOTH rear seats fold down with a light lift of a recessed handle AND both seats ALSO fold UP..to reveal deep storage space amidships. I did get only 27,000 on my first set of tires. Those looking for the perfect commuter car need look no further."

Best small car out there!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Bought my new Fit Sport Automatic in March of 2007, after putting down a deposit even before the car was built. Car is built in Suzuka, Japan, to very close tolerances. At this writing, mine has 51,000 miles on it and is 19 months old. Never had a problem with it at all, and it is still very tight and just like new. I am so glad I did the research before buying this car. It cost more than the Toyota or Nissan that are its competitors, but it is worth the difference. The "magic seats" are fantastic. I am a photographer, and often need to transport a lot of gear. This car fits the purpose perfectly, and gets good fuel mileage, also. I love my Fit!"

One the best cars for any price!

By on Sunday, August 03, 2008

"I bought the 5 speed MT after they first came out (May 2006). I wanted a reliable economy car that was comfortable and flexible. This car meets all my need for a daily driver on my 75 mile roundtrip commute, occasional passengers, hauling purchases from Home Depot or Costco or a 350-mile trip to visit family. For the money, the Fit sport has as many extras as more expensive cars, so you don't feel like you're giving up too much. The fuel economy is very attractive: my lifetime average is 37.5 mpg including all driving conditions and A/C use. Pure highway driving on a long trip always yields from 41-45 mpg driving at ~70 with the a/c on. After 2 years and 45,000 miles the car still runs like new and has no mechanical problems. I have worn out the original set of tires and replaced them with some Michelins which improves the ride and lowers the road noise a great deal. I expect that many owners few complaints about the car may be due to the original tires. Maybe most important of all, this car is fun to drive and still enjoy it."

A Fun Ride

By on Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pros: "HANDLING-MILEAGE-CARGO SPACE-PRICE-FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "CAN'T THINK OF ANY"

"This is the most fun to drive car I've ever driven. It is very nimble and quick to respond. I love the automanual feature and the paddles are very easy to get familiar with. I get great mileage. The fold down seats make this a real cargo hauler. The cargo area is awesome. Students going off to college would love it! There is enough room to take the whole gang out for pizza and enough room to take all their belongs up to school. The interior features are minimal and are mostly fiber or plastic. If the interior were a little plusher it would be a perfect ten. Thank you."

So so over hyped car

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I bought a new 2008 Fit with the Sport trim and the automatic transmission in November of 2007. I have about 8000 miles on the car now. Best in town mileage averages about 22 and the all time best I ever got on a long highway trip was 31, so don't fall for these stories of 40+ MPG miracle cars. No mirror on the passenger visor, which angered the wife. No console in between the front seats to rest your arm. No option for sunroof, GPS or satellite radio. TERRIBLE performance as to acceleration! Very slow and somewhat dangerous due to lack of power. Very hot due to massive UNTINTED front glass."

good car

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"one fault and it is driving me nuts! It only has 3 windshield wiper speeds, slow, turtle and delay"

Perfect City Car

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"The Fit Sport with manual transmission is easy to park, has a cavernous carrying capacity, zips into traffic, has a slick manual transmission, is quite comfortable for the first 3 hours on the highway, and sips regular gas. It got 40 mpg at 65 mph through central Oregon and Nevada."

Honda "FIT" fits..

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I have never owned a subcompact car until I purchased a new 2007 Honda Fit Sport Model. The Fit is quick off the line and handles corners almost like a sport car. It is very cute and never fails to draw attention. My only complaint would be the gas tank. I think it should be larger."

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"I have the sport edition, automatic with the cruise control. I get around 30 MPG mixed highway and city, but I'd have liked a bigger gas tank -- even at 30 MPG I still have to fill up once a week. The room inside is wonderful for carrying dogs, furniture and other necessities, and I love how easy it is to switch between seat up and seat down. My only quibble is with the paddle shifters. They don't hurt anything, but I fail to see the point, either. On occasion when I accidently put the stick in S instead of D, It takes me a while to figure out and I have no idea how much gas I waste driving 30 in first gear."

Im buying it twice

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Honda is a step above the rest with their entire line and the Fit is no exception. The Nissan Versa doesnt even come close to the quality, design, and value of this vehicle. Its more bang for your buck with a smoother ride, an interior that looks German engineered, a quality sound system, and the versitility that puts other compacts to shame. The best car Ive ever owned, in fact, since a SUV crushed my 9 month old Fit, Im buying a new one!"

Wouldn't Trade it for a BMW

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I absolutely love my Fit. We have to take it everywhere because of it's great gas milage. I don't have cruise control and that's my only complaint, but I plan on having it installed soon. I have mooved twice with this car and you can pack a ton of stuff in it with it's great seat configurations. It's got a lot of zip on the highway if you don't weigh it down. I commute 250 miles a day and it makes it a lot easier to do with the good gas milage. Get one!!!"

Better than the Prius

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Very fun car to drive. I am glad we made this purchase. The honda dealership was very nice and made us feel important. It was a good investment. I get 40MPG on the highway which is better than the overrated Toyota Prius. This car is way better looking too and 8K less. I think it could use a little more power though. We are thinking of buying another one. Excellent commuter cars. Highly recommend!"

Great gas mileage. Lots on cargo space.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Good power for a small car."

Cons: "The fuzzy interior is hard to clean."

"I love the way the back seats fold down flat for cargo. Great gas mileage. I have not had any mechanical problems in the 6 years I have owned the car."

Beauty in simplicity.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel economy, very reliable, never boring!"

Cons: "Ride is slightly stiff."

"I purchased this car from a lot that my repair shop does business with about 3 years ago. It had over 200,000 miles on it at the time. Being in the repair business for many years, I know exactly how reliable Honda vehicles are. This has been no exception. 3 years and around 40k miles later she still drives as a new one would. Upper 20's MPG around town, and at times, over 40 MPG on the freeway (A/T). The ergonomics of the vehicle are also impressive. The rear seats fold flat into the floor, allowing very large, or awkward dimension objects to fit in with ease. With the rear seats stationary and upright, there is an abundance of room for my children's car seats. Though I only use this car as a secondary vehicle now, my wife and I still use it around 5 days a week for various errands. It has shown no signs of mechanical wear, and its unrelenting reliability will make me keep it around! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun, simple to use, and economical vehicle."

Functional Economical Reliable Car!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Very functional cargo space."

Cons: "They thought of everything - there are no negatives."

"In 4 years and 70,000 miles I have changed tires, the battery, wiper blades, oil and the air filter.... that's it. It is close to a pick-up in function for hauling stuff but so much more versatile for hauling us people! All of the configurations for the seats let you fit amazing things in it. I once had a kayak in my fit. It drives well and has plenty of pick up. Three of my friends and family have bought one since I got mine and we are all happy Fit owners. I have absolutely NOTHING negative to say about this car. I love it."

Great for all uses

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"I purchased this car in June of 2008 and I haven't once regreted it. I commute 40 mile to work each day in rush hour, stop and go traffic and I still get on average 27 gallon per mile. The car is much more spacious then it seems. I have two kids and our family of four (and on more occasions then not our two dogs) fit comfortably in the car. With all seats up there is still enough room in the trunk for an average size grocery store run. When you bring the two back seats down you have tons of room. Items which will not fit in our 97 Honda Wagon fit easily in our Fit. I was able to fit a crib, crib mattress, car seat, and tons of grocery bags with room to spare. The price was a little more than other hatchbacks around but I really trust the Honda name brand so it was worth the extra cost."

Fit is good for the commuter

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"If you're looking for a cheaper commuting car, you must consider the fit. It may not be a hybrid but when driving all highway, even with auto tranny, i avg 37-41mpg. This little honda can cruise at 65-70mph right with traffic no problem. Now, on the down side, city I only have avg 26-30mpg. And with the little 1.5L motor its not going to have the pick-up as the bigger cars on the road. I wish Honda had offered a larger motor option. like maybe the 2.0L from the new civics. Then this car would be perfect. Ride wise, its pretty good. Turning radius is tight, and very responsive in the turns. The suspension is tight, and help hug the road. But as expected with being the economy car for Honda now, its apperent in this fit. You can really feel the bumps in the road, and road noise. But the Sports radio with the Speed variable volume control. AS you go faster the radio gets louder. Which makes road noise alot less noticeable. All in all I'm happy with my 2007 Fit Sport auto. And would reccomend it for any commuter or someone looking for a very versitile sub-compact car."

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"I would add, that I conducted a fuel economy test while driving the interstate between my work and home by setting the cruise control at 55 mph immediately after filling it up with gas. The onboard display indicated exactly 51.1 mpg. Not to shabby for a non-hybrid."

2009 Fit Sport Automatic

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Thrilled with the car. Received word from the dealer that the car had arrived. Honestly, we had never driven one. Just the 08 Fit, and only once. The jury was out for my wife on if the new body style would be okay. Turned out to be fantastic. She was thrilled with the new look. Drives very well, and we are getting 32 MPG city and almost 38 MPG highway. Room inside is fantastic... very open. And the line of sight inside the vehicle is great. I think it should come with car mats, but alas, it does not. The engine is pretty peppy and the automatic transmission shifts well. Reverse makes a touch of noise, but it seems to be a common Honda thing. The only flaw we have seen is with the TPMS light. Within 30 miles of the dealership it came on. Have to have warranty work done to get it fixed. We have been very pleased, so much so, that we are buying another one."

Great things in small packages

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"Just purchased an '08 Sport with Auto. Had to wait 2 months for Blackberry Pearl color, but it was well woth it. Just filled up for the fourth time (about a 1000 miles) and am averaging about 36 mpg's. I drive a pretty even mix of city/highway and do use some of the less intense hypermiling techniques when I can. The Fit handles me ( 6ft and 230 lbs.) my wife and our six month old (and all that goes with a six month old) without ever feeling cramped. The steering is awsome, though there is a bit more body roll than I like in hard corners. Performance of the little four is spritely, aided by a very good transmission. The manual mode for the trans works much better than most out there (except of course that from audi/vw). My only gripe is the lack of a dead pedal, it can be difficult for a guy of my size to find a comfortable spot for my left foot. Other than that, it is a great car."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"The claim is for a mileage 0f 28/34. I gor 41 in the city my first tank. This is as fine a car as i have driven. Hard to believe it sells for right at $15,000. It is a much better value than an Accord whcih is about twice as much."

Sips Gas

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I love driving my Fit. Has a lot of pep and the gas mileage is great. Average 30 MPG. It is an eye catcher. Easy to get into tight parking spot. I am not to keen on the paddle shifters but they are OK. Wish it had center armrest and passenger makeup mirror. Otherwise very happy with the car."