2007 Honda Fit

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Fantastic car

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"You just can't beat the Fit if you're looking for a small, economical car that doesn't punish you for it. Given separate star ratings for reliability and quality, I'll point out the reason for 4 stars on quality vs 5 on reliability. The 5 is obvious, it's a Honda after all. The 4 for quality comes from two things: One, after 25,000 the top of the dash is starting to chitter over anything other than glass-smooth pavement; and two, the child seat belt/buckle mounted in the rear ceiling has started falling out of it's holder. Otherwise this car is just fantastic. Those who complain about a lack of power, I assume either (1) are used to bigger, more powerful cars (2) have the automatic, which is always a mistake in a small economy car, or (3) don't realize that Hondas LIKE to be revved. I have no complaints about the power or economy. Mine is averaging right on the new 2008 EPA numbers at about 34mpg highway. And this is the most fun you can possibly have in this class of car. The Sport is a real ball of fun; eager to zig and zag and sprightly if you keep the engine on the boil with the perfectly flicky shifter. Of course, the rear seats are ingenious and genuinely useful. Not only is the trunk huge with them folded flat, but if you instead fold the bottoms up against the seatback, you get the entire back seat area from floor to ceiling for tall items. Folding up one seat is perfect for putting a laundry basket on the floor instead of having it make imprints in the seat fabric. I love it. Interior quality is a notch above what you find in other small cars, too. The dash plastic might be hard instead of soft-touch, but it's solid as a rock and every seam is laser-perfect. Only the buzzing mentioned above has become a problem. And even the big brother Civic doesn't have cloth inserts on the rear doors. I also love the instrument cluster with its sporty, classy backlit guages - a nice touch. Get yourself one!"

i love my fit

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"i've put 11K miles on my fit in 3 months and love it! i'm 5'6" and can sleep in the back no problem. and have slept two in the back with no problem. i mostly leave the back seats flipped up and throw all of my climbing gear in the back. when alone with my climbing/camping gear, i get 44mpg over hills. when with another person on the same route (and their gear), i get 37mpg. it's comfortable for long trips."

Nice car overall

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I like this car a lot, but am puzzled that no one has mentioned the fact that the steering wheel is poorly located-too far away with seat adjusted to legs. I am normally proportioned. Need to have either a telescoping wheel, or adjustable pedals. Also (surprisingly) gas mileage is poorer than Civic. Why didn't Honda just put in the 1.7L engine in there? Two other nitpicks: No aux. jack in regular model and cannot put bikes inside (upright) without turning them sideways."

The best little car ever!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

"I have owned my Honda Fit for almost a year now, and I have never once regretted purchasing this car. Though small on the outside, the Fit is surprisingly spacious on the inside. I have hauled around more cargo than most folks can imagine in my car. My father is 6' 2" and can comfortably ride in the front or back seat of my car. I am 5'3" and this car is great for me because you sit higher in it than a normal sedan (it feels more like sitting in an SUV seat) and I don't feel like I am driving a mountain. On top of all those perks, it gets fabulous gas mileage. I routinely get well over the 38mpg that Honda advertises for the automatic model- the best I have gotten was 43mpg. If you want a car that makes you stand out in a crowd and saves you a lot of money in gas, the Fit is the car for you!"

Great for the money

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Had mine for 3 months, loved it. I got rear ended by a Chevy Avalanche going about 40mph. The Honda didn't survive, but I walked away with only a few bruises from my safety belt. I was impressed. I might even buy another one."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"

Love it

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

"I loved my 2008 Honda Fit. Unfortunatly someone hit me from behind and totaled my Honda. That car saved my life. Thank goodness for the side and front airbags!!! Believe me, my next car will be a Honda Fit Sport."

07 Honda Fit Base Automatic

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"For the money, the best car I have ever owned. I got mine real early, only problem I have had is the "gas cap loose light" comes on frequently, when in fact the cap is not loose. I am 6 ft 3 in and 250+, I have plenty of head and leg room, the fold down back seats brought me to the Honda Dealer. I got on a waiting list and bought the first one available without a test drive. I get 33-34 MPG around town and have seen 41 MPG on a long trip running above the speed limit with a load of "Stuff" in the back. If something happens to this car, I would buy another Fit in a NY minute."

Great for the price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"For some reason the only issue with this car is the A/C. It's underpowered due to small engine. Acceleration for stop the compressor switches off. Which is most evident during warm up time. Nice pickup, nice interior and configuration. The plastic in some spots and the carpet are a little cheaper than I would expect. But I believe it's expected in this price range. Test drive it on a hot day. I would like the manual because gas mileage would be what is advertised. Automatic just doesn't break 26-28 for me."

Honda quality is the best from previous civic ownr

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"Very sporty looking and rides and controls great. The back seat folds up and on Honda.com is shows a bike with the front tire off with the seats folded up, but my mtn. bike did not fit. A little disappointed about that. City gas mileage only 28 mpg. I hope when I get more miles on it I will get at least in lower 30s for city. It could use just a little bit more horsepower. Fair to good."