2007 Honda Fit

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Five star safety rating

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"I would recomend this vehicle to anyone. The five star crash rating lives up to expectations. My young daughter had an acident in this car that involved a roll over due to falling asleep at the wheel. She was towing a small sailboat. (trailer and boat weighed under 300 pounds.) Running off the road into high grass and soggy soil because of the lowness of the car caused the trailor to jack knife and roll the vehicle. All airbags deployed as well as side curtians. The main cabin and roof remained intact and ridgid. The front and back of the car took the impact and the small side windows blew out as well as the rear. Main cabin windows and front windshield remained intact. Needless to say my daughter got out of the car under her own power with only a friction burn on her arm from the air bag deployment and a small cut on her leg. This car exceeded our saftey expectations. I would recomend this car to anyone. Go HONDA"

Seems Pretty Solid

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Have had the car about a month. I commute about 100 miles a day, most of it on the interstate. Fuel mileage has been good, ranging from 39-44 mpg, depending on how light I am on the go pedal. I'm 6'2"/210 and have plenty of head room, don't spill out over the seat sides and have adequate leg room. I would not want to drive cross country in it, but it is OK for my use. Great, loud, crisp tunes with cd and a mp3 interface (plug your memory stick to a usb connection in the glove box, i-pod , too, I think). Handles well with a stiff, but not bumpy suspension and does pretty good in traffic if you have to get going in a hurry. It's not a sports car, but gets the job done. I do basic maintenance on my vehicles and oil changes are a snap; ez to get at the filter and drain plug. Seats four adults fairly comfortably. Pretty quiet ride, except for the lower glove box has developed a rattle that I cannot stop. Other that that, it has been a good little car for me, so far."

Holds almost as much as my minivan!

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Traded in minivan since I am no longer a Girl Scout leader...thought I'd miss the cargo capacity of the van but the Fit is ASTOUNDING in what it holds when the seats are down. I amaze people everywhere when I pull full size furniture out of the hatchback. I also feel like I'm have excellent viewing-important for us short people. City mileage has been a bit disappointing-25 mpg when I'm lucky. Highway mileage is 34 or more. Not a comfy ride for long distances, but sporty and fun to drive around town. Holds value well and very reliable."

Great car, but a couple of misteps!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

"After extensive research based on cars in this class, I felt that the Fit was a great choice for me. It looks stylish, is roomy, handles well, and supposedly has great mileage... . The mileage is the kicker as they give a EPA of 31/37 city/hwy for the Sport autotransmission model. In actuality you get 32-33mpg which is liveable for highway, but for city and it's a wopping and extremely disappointing 10-15mpg city (I live in NYC). Even if you are lightfooted and take off slowly (which can not be safely done with the maniacs in NYC whizzing by you) it still is not effective. One other point is that it's a "low riding" type of frame. I had to experience parking on the side streets during snow storms then digging out. It took a considerably longer time to dig out and it I had to shovel a completely flat and clear path to drive out because the Fit was unable to drive over the snow hurdles without struggling then falling back into place even though it was just a few inches above ground. These are points that I was unable to research as this is the first year the Fit was introduced. I would like newer models to address these concerns. However given the choice again I would have still chosen the Fit for it's overall value, I have had two other (used) Honda's in the past and was tremendously happy with them so they still have my loyalty."

its a honda

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"after owning several "hondacars" i decided to buy a fit for commuting. its a remarkable vehicle, fun to drive, nimble handling,easy to park just plain fun! as all hondas i have ever owned, i learned to purchase gasoline with additives (such as chevron w/ techron, texaco or shell) if you have mpg issues, this will solve your problem, guaranteed! with manual i get 45 on hwy running about 72, 34 in city."