2007 Honda Fit

Based on 377 Ratings for the 2007 - 2008 models.

Five star safety rating

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"I would recomend this vehicle to anyone. The five star crash rating lives up to expectations. My young daughter had an acident in this car that involved a roll over due to falling asleep at the wheel. She was towing a small sailboat. (trailer and boat weighed under 300 pounds.) Running off the road into high grass and soggy soil because of the lowness of the car caused the trailor to jack knife and roll the vehicle. All airbags deployed as well as side curtians. The main cabin and roof remained intact and ridgid. The front and back of the car took the impact and the small side windows blew out as well as the rear. Main cabin windows and front windshield remained intact. Needless to say my daughter got out of the car under her own power with only a friction burn on her arm from the air bag deployment and a small cut on her leg. This car exceeded our saftey expectations. I would recomend this car to anyone. Go HONDA"

Seems Pretty Solid

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Have had the car about a month. I commute about 100 miles a day, most of it on the interstate. Fuel mileage has been good, ranging from 39-44 mpg, depending on how light I am on the go pedal. I'm 6'2"/210 and have plenty of head room, don't spill out over the seat sides and have adequate leg room. I would not want to drive cross country in it, but it is OK for my use. Great, loud, crisp tunes with cd and a mp3 interface (plug your memory stick to a usb connection in the glove box, i-pod , too, I think). Handles well with a stiff, but not bumpy suspension and does pretty good in traffic if you have to get going in a hurry. It's not a sports car, but gets the job done. I do basic maintenance on my vehicles and oil changes are a snap; ez to get at the filter and drain plug. Seats four adults fairly comfortably. Pretty quiet ride, except for the lower glove box has developed a rattle that I cannot stop. Other that that, it has been a good little car for me, so far."

Holds almost as much as my minivan!

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Traded in minivan since I am no longer a Girl Scout leader...thought I'd miss the cargo capacity of the van but the Fit is ASTOUNDING in what it holds when the seats are down. I amaze people everywhere when I pull full size furniture out of the hatchback. I also feel like I'm have excellent viewing-important for us short people. City mileage has been a bit disappointing-25 mpg when I'm lucky. Highway mileage is 34 or more. Not a comfy ride for long distances, but sporty and fun to drive around town. Holds value well and very reliable."

Great car, but a couple of misteps!

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

"After extensive research based on cars in this class, I felt that the Fit was a great choice for me. It looks stylish, is roomy, handles well, and supposedly has great mileage... . The mileage is the kicker as they give a EPA of 31/37 city/hwy for the Sport autotransmission model. In actuality you get 32-33mpg which is liveable for highway, but for city and it's a wopping and extremely disappointing 10-15mpg city (I live in NYC). Even if you are lightfooted and take off slowly (which can not be safely done with the maniacs in NYC whizzing by you) it still is not effective. One other point is that it's a "low riding" type of frame. I had to experience parking on the side streets during snow storms then digging out. It took a considerably longer time to dig out and it I had to shovel a completely flat and clear path to drive out because the Fit was unable to drive over the snow hurdles without struggling then falling back into place even though it was just a few inches above ground. These are points that I was unable to research as this is the first year the Fit was introduced. I would like newer models to address these concerns. However given the choice again I would have still chosen the Fit for it's overall value, I have had two other (used) Honda's in the past and was tremendously happy with them so they still have my loyalty."

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Amazing car. Rountinley get 34-38mpg 50% city %0% highway(manual tranmission). Three people went on a 3,000 mile camping road trip and there were no comfort complaints. I had a small pick-up truck before the Fit and was worried about cargo capacity. Suprisingly I can fit as much in the fit when the front passenger seat and back seats are down, and don't have to worry about tying anything down. Overall great ca.r"

Grat gas saver

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I'v had this car for nearly 2 years and it is great. Have put 42k on it and only had one issue with it. The alignment was not set correctly when it was made and the first set of tires were done by 18k miles. After this issue was fixed, havent had a problem since. I do wish the vehicle was a little less rat/mouse looking and it is not very macho for a man to drive. When i fill up the tank and see i have gotten upto 36 miles per gallon, i just dont care what it looks like....i'm just happy to have saved some money at the pumps. Also, it is quick. such a light car with the v-tec engine. like it alot"

Solid pick

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I considered hybrids as I was looking for excellent fuel economy and low emissions but couldn't justify the price premium for a Prius and didn't want a sedan. The Fit is very versatile, in essence being a small wagon. I also looked at the Nissan Versa but the Fit's seating/cargo flexibility won hands down as well as having a more sporty feel on the road. Having owned an early Civic hatchback and 2 Civic wagons I expected, and have gotten, reliability, econonmy and value from this car. I've averaged 30-45 mpg over 16k miles with an overall (in rural Maine) average of a bit more than 38 mpg from July through early Feb. Performance is great, no problems so far, interior finish is OK for the price, comfort is acceptable for a couple of hours at a time. Wish I had spent the extra for the Sport mainly to get the 15" wheels/tires and cruise. Overall a great little vehicle with loads of room and excellent fuel economy."

Fantastic car

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"You just can't beat the Fit if you're looking for a small, economical car that doesn't punish you for it. Given separate star ratings for reliability and quality, I'll point out the reason for 4 stars on quality vs 5 on reliability. The 5 is obvious, it's a Honda after all. The 4 for quality comes from two things: One, after 25,000 the top of the dash is starting to chitter over anything other than glass-smooth pavement; and two, the child seat belt/buckle mounted in the rear ceiling has started falling out of it's holder. Otherwise this car is just fantastic. Those who complain about a lack of power, I assume either (1) are used to bigger, more powerful cars (2) have the automatic, which is always a mistake in a small economy car, or (3) don't realize that Hondas LIKE to be revved. I have no complaints about the power or economy. Mine is averaging right on the new 2008 EPA numbers at about 34mpg highway. And this is the most fun you can possibly have in this class of car. The Sport is a real ball of fun; eager to zig and zag and sprightly if you keep the engine on the boil with the perfectly flicky shifter. Of course, the rear seats are ingenious and genuinely useful. Not only is the trunk huge with them folded flat, but if you instead fold the bottoms up against the seatback, you get the entire back seat area from floor to ceiling for tall items. Folding up one seat is perfect for putting a laundry basket on the floor instead of having it make imprints in the seat fabric. I love it. Interior quality is a notch above what you find in other small cars, too. The dash plastic might be hard instead of soft-touch, but it's solid as a rock and every seam is laser-perfect. Only the buzzing mentioned above has become a problem. And even the big brother Civic doesn't have cloth inserts on the rear doors. I also love the instrument cluster with its sporty, classy backlit guages - a nice touch. Get yourself one!"

i love my fit

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"i've put 11K miles on my fit in 3 months and love it! i'm 5'6" and can sleep in the back no problem. and have slept two in the back with no problem. i mostly leave the back seats flipped up and throw all of my climbing gear in the back. when alone with my climbing/camping gear, i get 44mpg over hills. when with another person on the same route (and their gear), i get 37mpg. it's comfortable for long trips."

Nice car overall

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I like this car a lot, but am puzzled that no one has mentioned the fact that the steering wheel is poorly located-too far away with seat adjusted to legs. I am normally proportioned. Need to have either a telescoping wheel, or adjustable pedals. Also (surprisingly) gas mileage is poorer than Civic. Why didn't Honda just put in the 1.7L engine in there? Two other nitpicks: No aux. jack in regular model and cannot put bikes inside (upright) without turning them sideways."

The best little car ever!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

"I have owned my Honda Fit for almost a year now, and I have never once regretted purchasing this car. Though small on the outside, the Fit is surprisingly spacious on the inside. I have hauled around more cargo than most folks can imagine in my car. My father is 6' 2" and can comfortably ride in the front or back seat of my car. I am 5'3" and this car is great for me because you sit higher in it than a normal sedan (it feels more like sitting in an SUV seat) and I don't feel like I am driving a mountain. On top of all those perks, it gets fabulous gas mileage. I routinely get well over the 38mpg that Honda advertises for the automatic model- the best I have gotten was 43mpg. If you want a car that makes you stand out in a crowd and saves you a lot of money in gas, the Fit is the car for you!"

Great for the money

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Had mine for 3 months, loved it. I got rear ended by a Chevy Avalanche going about 40mph. The Honda didn't survive, but I walked away with only a few bruises from my safety belt. I was impressed. I might even buy another one."

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I am currently a commuter student, driving 70+ miles a day. I practically live in my car for the amount of time that i spend in it every day. I love it. Great mileage (30mpg+ depending on my driving habits). The only complaints that I have about the car is that the gas tank is small (10.1 gallons) so I find myself filling up constantly, and I purchased the I-Pod cable accessory. The cable had 2 recalls within the first 4 months and still doesn't work properly if the internal temperature of the car is above 100 degrees (very easy to do during the summer). I would still recommend this car to anyone looking for a very comfortable (I am 6'1") economy car. It is fun to drive and has a surprising amount of storage room."

Great car but issue with water leakage in trunk

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, reliable"

Cons: "engine and water leakage in trunk"

"love the car but have one issue and wonder how many others have the same problem as I have come across a few people with the same issue and am trying to do a poll to see why Honda has not issued some type of recall even though it is not necessarily a safety issue. I have had 2 water leaks in my trunk. The first I can possibly attribute to something I did wrong. I went through car wash twice and left the antena on. You are supposed to remove it. After this water leaked into my trunk. I had it fixed since my car was under warrantly. But about a year ago, i noticed that I had water leaking in my trunk again but this time it was by the spare tire. I called Honda but my car is no longer under warranty so they would charge me just to check it and see what the problem is and it would cost quite a bit to fix it. Since I have found others who have the same problem, I am thinking that this is something Honda should fix for free as this might be a manufacturing issue?"

Love it

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

"I loved my 2008 Honda Fit. Unfortunatly someone hit me from behind and totaled my Honda. That car saved my life. Thank goodness for the side and front airbags!!! Believe me, my next car will be a Honda Fit Sport."

07 Honda Fit Base Automatic

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"For the money, the best car I have ever owned. I got mine real early, only problem I have had is the "gas cap loose light" comes on frequently, when in fact the cap is not loose. I am 6 ft 3 in and 250+, I have plenty of head and leg room, the fold down back seats brought me to the Honda Dealer. I got on a waiting list and bought the first one available without a test drive. I get 33-34 MPG around town and have seen 41 MPG on a long trip running above the speed limit with a load of "Stuff" in the back. If something happens to this car, I would buy another Fit in a NY minute."

Honda quality is the best from previous civic ownr

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"Very sporty looking and rides and controls great. The back seat folds up and on Honda.com is shows a bike with the front tire off with the seats folded up, but my mtn. bike did not fit. A little disappointed about that. City gas mileage only 28 mpg. I hope when I get more miles on it I will get at least in lower 30s for city. It could use just a little bit more horsepower. Fair to good."

Buy this car

By on Saturday, May 26, 2007

"I have had it three weeks, gone on road trips, and driven it around the city (Boston). Only two drawbacks: road noise is excessive (I used to drive a Ford F150 Super Crew) and detailing is "inexpensive", but then, so is the car. My average gas mileage is 38 miles to the gallon, never more, never less, but I drive carefully, and have a manual transmission. Because of the way the seats fold down, I have been able to transport an eight foot long box of flooring material! I expect that Honda reliability will add to the value over the years."

well worth it

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I bought this car because I had a job and I was traveling 55 miles every day. The gas savings alone was worth it. It doesn't ever get the mileage around town it should. It averages 27mpg locally. It gets low 30s when on the highway. It's a five-speed, too. I LOVE the space inside. There is room for everything I could ever need (including passengers). I can load it many ways with all the seat arrangements. Even backseat passengers tell me they have plenty of space. I have three things I don't like. The first one is the big one. There is no place to set your left clutch foot, and I tend to need to stretch that leg after long drives. The other two are minor. The rear defog has no timer and stays on until it is shut off. And the rears two door windows fog very easily and nothing seems to help. I would definately buy this car again. I just wish I bought a blue one."

Hard to be without

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"After taken many test drives of various vehicles, it was easily narrowed down to Fit. Why? Best performance on steering. There is no lag at any point during any turn. Also one of the most smooth shifts I have ever experienced. I'm 6 ft 4 in and fit extremely well in the front. I am snug in the back but if I had to sit back there I could do it even for a long trip. Anybody that knocks the fit by its appearence should really get behind the wheel and feel it for yourself. Never before in my life would I have considered a 4 door hatch for a car until I drove the Fit. Great fuel economy I can pull 34 in the city which is what I drive 99% of the time.Simply an amazing underpowered machine."

Like it, don't love it.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"The Good: Very good handling on curvy roads. Plenty of room in hatch with back seats folded down. Has been very reliable. The Bad: Very disappointed with gas mileage. Currently get about 26 city, 30 hwy. Very little power. Air conditioning not adequate. The brochure showed a mountain bike standing vertically (w/front wheel removed) with the back seats up. My mountain bike would not fit. Paddle shifters just not that useful."

Great for the price

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"For some reason the only issue with this car is the A/C. It's underpowered due to small engine. Acceleration for stop the compressor switches off. Which is most evident during warm up time. Nice pickup, nice interior and configuration. The plastic in some spots and the carpet are a little cheaper than I would expect. But I believe it's expected in this price range. Test drive it on a hot day. I would like the manual because gas mileage would be what is advertised. Automatic just doesn't break 26-28 for me."

Great car for the money!

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I waited 3 months for my Fit and have enjoyed driving it for over a year. I have put 12,500 trouble free mile on it and am just getting ready for the 2nd oil change. Great insurance rates, safe and fun little car. Hauls more then you can imagine in the back with the Magic seats folded down. Check it out if you can find one on the dealers lots."

The Fit:a great economy car;punisher on long trips

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "priced decently for options"

Cons: "punisher on the long haul - more than 50 miles"

"gets an avg. of 30MPG; more on the Hwy, and up to 35 if you are not using the A/C or heat, and/or facing high winds. Very reliable and quick response, but with the 4cy engine, you need to turn off heat/ac to access freeway entrance ramps. It has a lot of cargo storage-the seats lay flat; it's actually more room than the 06 & 08 Civic we had. It does have road noise, but what economy car doesn't!"

Does more than most cars

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Larger inside than some full size cars."

Cons: "Carpet material made out of used paper towels"

"We have owned this car from new, it has been very reliable, the interior is very spacious. I am 6'4" and I can sit in the back seat when she is driving. This is the only car I have ever found that has 5 cup holders that can be used when you are carrying 5 people (most cars loose the middle rear seat to access the 2 rear cup holders in a pull down arm rest)if you have kids this can be an important feature. The front wheel bearings went bad at about 35,00 miles, Honda replaced them under warranty. They have gone bad again at 82,000 miles. I like that the front seats have a lever at the top of the seat back cushion that allows me to slide the seats back before I get into the car. The car drives well and has plenty of pep and gets between 30 to 33 mpg in mixed fwy and street driving, it corners well but the rear passengers are subject to hard rear suspension impacts, I would have liked stability and traction control. Apart from the wheel bearings my only complaint is that Honda fitted the Fit with carpet that is not really carpet, its compressed fiber, it got holes in it at about 30,000 miles which Honda decided was normal wear and tear. I have a 20 year old Toyota with 260,000 miles, the carpets are dirty but no holes. My last and biggest complaint: Who the heck came up with the name "FIT"?..."Jazz" wasn't catchy enough??? Did they do a Goggle search Honda Fit? No! Otherwise they would have realized that calling a car "FIT" means that any time your search for it you get ALL and I mean ALL of the parts that FIT any Honda including motorcycles."