• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Honda Element

Based on 685 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Best road vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Interior space"

Cons: "MPG"

""Ele-May".that's her name :-)...has been the perfect vehicle for this traveling musician. The interior room, and raised seating in back are perfect for hauling gear, and enabling backseat passengers a clear frontal view. "Thanks again Honda.""

Basic very reliable

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Practical car very reliable"

Cons: "average power gas mileage"

"great car with rubber fenders"

Terrific car!

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Delight to drive."

Cons: "Cannot think of any cons."

"Always reliable, comfortable, handles well. Awesome flexibility of back seat positions makes it easy to haul stuff. Have no idea why Honda stopped making the Element."

I love my car

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "sound system, turn radius, crash resiliency"

Cons: "limited cup holders"

"I could not have asked for more in a car. Its stylish, versatile, and really good on gas (especially for an SUV). Mine is a stick-shift, and if i drive it well i can get about 25 MPG. I have pushed this car to its limits of what i have fit into the back. I was able to fit a large stainless steel grill standing up in the back of this car without disassembling. there is no other vehicle that can do that unless you get a truck. also great for dogs and kids bc the seats r waterproof and all of the interior is plastic so you can just wipe off any messes and any loose dirt you can just sweep out the back."

Love for the Coleman

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Cargo, mpg, rugged, clever interior, safe, comfy"

Cons: "not aerodynamic, boxy"

"I named my car Coleman, because let's face it, he looks like a cooler. That being said, this is a great car. I lived in Colorado when we had 550 inches of snow in one winter, and it powered through all the snowbanks like a trooper, even just having all weather tires (as opposed to snow tires). It's really comfortable, very easy to clean and maintain, and gets great gas mileage. I gave it a 9/10 because it is not aerodynamic, so the car is loud on the freeway. However, it still gets as good of gas mileage as a CR-V of the same year, which is around 28 mpg hwy. What makes the car non-aerodynamic, though, is also what makes the interior so awesome. It's very spacious--my 6'5" brother can ride in the back with no problems--and holds a lot of stuff. I especially find it great for driving around with my 112 lb golden retriever, who rides comfortably in the back seat. Another neat thing is that this car's interior never seems to get hot when it's left in the sun. It actually stays relatively cool...like a Coleman cooler. And of course the seats are designed to lay completely flat for car camping, and the back seats come out individually for extra cargo space. Very room, very practical vehicle. Anyway, it's been a great car for me, and I've clearly driven it long and far enough to know it really well. I really highly recommend it for anyone who needs space, but especially the adventurer. Coleman will go anywhere with you and keep you safe."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals