• 2014 Compact SUVs

2009 Honda Element

Based on 668 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

This little SUV does a lot

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Versatility, reliability, fun to drive (mostly)"

Cons: "Road noise, rough ride"

""Versatility is the best description for this car. This is my second Element. I had a 2005 Element, sold it, regretted selling it, and then a few years later, bought another one. I've had it for over four years. Not one thing has gone wrong with it. I use it to haul a ton of stuff. I have removed the back seats and store them in the rafters of my garage, where they have stayed for the past 6 months. On the rare occasions when I need them for additional passengers, I can put them in. I have two very large collies and a wiener dog. I bring all three and my cabin supplies for up to two weeks when I take long trips to the cabin. When I go to the Gardening store, I can pack 25 bags of dirt and mulch, with 10 packs of flowers to boot. My limitation is not size as much as weight on the axles. I have the 4 Wheel Drive version (it's actually front wheel drive with rear assist). I have never gotten stuck, despite driving it through terrible winter storms from Minneapolis to the Minnesota/Canada Border. I drive it on dirt roads, using it to carry my Canoe to various lakes in and around the BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area). Probably the only real drawback to the car is the handling and road noise. It handles like a very large go-cart. This is great fun at times, and you feel like you have a very good handle on things, but it can be tiresome on long trips (like going from my house to my cabin). Given its architecture (tall and boxy), the wind can be a bit of a problem at times, but is more manageable than other reviews might suggest. The road noise also gets old. ""

Cons: "a bit of a rough ride, road noise"

"Versatility is the best description for this car. This is my second Element. I had a 2005 Element, sold it, regretted selling it, and then a few years later, bought another one. I've had it for over four years. Not one thing has gone wrong with it. I use it to haul a ton of stuff. I have removed the back seats and store them in the rafters of my garage, where they have stayed for the past 6 months. On the rare occasions when I need them for additional passengers, I can put them in. I have two very large collies and a wiener dog. I bring all three and my cabin supplies for up to two weeks when I take long trips to the cabin. When I go to the Gardening store, I can pack 25 bags of dirt and mulch, with 10 packs of flowers to boot. My limitation is not size as much as weight on the axles. I have the 4 Wheel Drive version (it's actually front wheel drive with rear assist). I have never gotten stuck, despite driving it through terrible winter storms from Minneapolis to the Minnesota/Canada Border. I drive it on dirt roads, using it to carry my Canoe to various lakes in and around the BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area). Probably the only real drawback to the car is the handling and road noise. It handles like a very large go-cart. This is great fun at times, and you feel like you have a very good handle on things, but it can be tiresome on long trips (like going from my house to my cabin). Given its architecture (tall and boxy), the wind can be a bit of a problem at times, but is more manageable than other reviews might suggest. The road noise also gets old."

LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, so much room, so comfortable."

Cons: "No battery gauge"

"I bought a 2003 model off my sister and had it for just over a year. She had it for about 4+ years before me, and both of us absolutely loved it. Pros: Cons: No real complaints here other than I wish it had a battery gauge and built-in bluetooth"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals