2009 Honda Element

Based on 720 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Best Value

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Value priced, roomy, low maintenance costs."

Cons: "No driver side vanity mirror...really, that's it!"

"After owning two of the Honda Element EX model since 2004, I had to make a comment. This, by far, has been the best vehical for the money I have ever experienced. Not only did they perform well and take all the punishment I could dish out driving 147K on my first Element. It also resold very well at 8500! I went ahead and bought a gently used one with the proceeds and have enjoyed it for almost three years now. My only regret was in not purchasing a new one before they stopped making them last year. If you are in the market for a used car, this vehical is perfect for highway and dirt road driving in any kind of weather. I survived a flood with standing water up to my bumper as well as a snowbank up to my Honda logo...it cut through both like a hot knife through butter. It did very well with Uniroyal touring tires...more than 50K-60k before I had to replace them. Thanks for this opportunity to share the great luck I have had with the Honda Element EX. I hope you find yourself one and enjoy taking on the open roads as much as I do!"

Built for what you do!

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"I love this vehicle. It's not fancy, it's not sexy - it's just perfect for someone with an active/outdoorsy lifestyle. I spent years hauling around bikes and skis and gear in a nice Subaru, trying to keep the carpet clean, trying not to damage my leather seats, etc. The Element just makes so much more sense. It's got space galore. I can go on a trip with a friend, fit bikes, dogs and gear inside the car (don't even have to use racks, which lower MPG unless I'm bringing even more stuff) and just blow the dirt out with an air compressor when I get home. On bigger trips, it's even more ideal. With a rear hitch rack and roof box, we went on a long trip with 3 people, six bikes and a TON of gear stacked floor to ceiling and we still got 24MPG. Not to mention it still had plenty of power to cruise on up all the steep mountain passes, etc. That - and it's shockingly comfortable inside. The passengers in the rear can stretch out completely - there is more space than I've ever seen in the rear of any vehicle. Great for long drives where you need to rotate through sleeping and driving shifts. And it's funny - I always wondered why the sunroof was so far to the back of the vehicle until I laid the rear seat down riding in the back and you can look right out it at the clouds and trees... It's the best road trip car ever made. And it's still practical and fun for everyday use as well."

I Like it but Family Doesn't

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I enjoy the reliability, stiff ride, functionality, etc when driving alone. A fine choice for MY car. BUT -my wife & older kids think visibility from rear seat is poor (seat is high, so have to lower head to see scenery) ride is stiff & bumpy, etc - so as a family cruiser it is not popular. I just wish THEY liked it more. Test it with family in it as well as yourself."

Best vehicle I have ever owned for my purposes.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I've had VW Passats, BMW 325i (Major problems) Toyotas; Fords, Chevies (never again) and this is the best I've ever owned. Trouble free, fun to drive, virtually unstickable (sic), reliable, bullet proof. I have two dogs that I take from Texas to California every year to go hunting with my son. I haul a trailer which I figure fully loaded is about 1,200 lbs and I get 27 mpg on the road; more if I don't need to run the a/c. I take the rear seats out (takes about 5 minutes and are totally detachable) and the dogs have plenty of room. They can't do any damage to this vehicle as everything is made so sturdily. When I get home, I just take it to the car wash and hose down everything but the dash and side speakers and it's good to go. I even got so I liked the looks of it!"

BEST CAR EVER OWNED

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Extremely reliable, convenient, economical"

Cons: "Boxy looking, slightly light in heavy wind"

"I can say this with having a lot of experience with so many different cars. My first husband was an exotic car broker and I was given a different kind of car to drive every month or so for 13 years. I can honestly say I have never owned a car that I have loved so much as my 2003 Honda Element. My husband (now) and I purchased our Element off the showroom floor. We have had several other cars since but have kept our Honda out of pure love for it. We service and maintain our cars regularly. Our Honda is the only car that refuses to give us any problem. It gets great gas milage, very responsive steering and not bad for a 4 cylinder when needing power. It's very light. The one thing one might not like is that it isn't as steady in heavy winds but that's because it's light and boxy. It drives nice and we can easily tow our boat behind it with no problem. It has a surprisingly good stock sound system and the best thing about the interior is it's good for country living; you can actually hose it out with the rubber floors and waterproof seats. The back seats have so much legroom that its unbelieveable. They set higher up but still lots of headroom. You can get things into this car that you wouldn't normally get in a regular SUV because of the suicide doors (back door opens opposite of front door) and it has no bar between doors so allowing a larger opening. Back seats have 5 different positions allowing a large open area for hauling. All in all - It's just a jewel!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals