2008 Honda Element

Based on 731 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned for my purposes.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I've had VW Passats, BMW 325i (Major problems) Toyotas; Fords, Chevies (never again) and this is the best I've ever owned. Trouble free, fun to drive, virtually unstickable (sic), reliable, bullet proof. I have two dogs that I take from Texas to California every year to go hunting with my son. I haul a trailer which I figure fully loaded is about 1,200 lbs and I get 27 mpg on the road; more if I don't need to run the a/c. I take the rear seats out (takes about 5 minutes and are totally detachable) and the dogs have plenty of room. They can't do any damage to this vehicle as everything is made so sturdily. When I get home, I just take it to the car wash and hose down everything but the dash and side speakers and it's good to go. I even got so I liked the looks of it!"

BEST CAR EVER OWNED

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Extremely reliable, convenient, economical"

Cons: "Boxy looking, slightly light in heavy wind"

"I can say this with having a lot of experience with so many different cars. My first husband was an exotic car broker and I was given a different kind of car to drive every month or so for 13 years. I can honestly say I have never owned a car that I have loved so much as my 2003 Honda Element. My husband (now) and I purchased our Element off the showroom floor. We have had several other cars since but have kept our Honda out of pure love for it. We service and maintain our cars regularly. Our Honda is the only car that refuses to give us any problem. It gets great gas milage, very responsive steering and not bad for a 4 cylinder when needing power. It's very light. The one thing one might not like is that it isn't as steady in heavy winds but that's because it's light and boxy. It drives nice and we can easily tow our boat behind it with no problem. It has a surprisingly good stock sound system and the best thing about the interior is it's good for country living; you can actually hose it out with the rubber floors and waterproof seats. The back seats have so much legroom that its unbelieveable. They set higher up but still lots of headroom. You can get things into this car that you wouldn't normally get in a regular SUV because of the suicide doors (back door opens opposite of front door) and it has no bar between doors so allowing a larger opening. Back seats have 5 different positions allowing a large open area for hauling. All in all - It's just a jewel!!!!"

Fully utilitarian kind of vehicle

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

"What is it? SUV or what? Well, it's a cross-over for me. I don't own dogs or carry surfboards or anything long inside or outside/on top of it, but this vehicle has lots of room to spare for almost anything you'd like to stick in it. when the seats are fully (removable) taken out, you're even able to put up to two fully assembled bikes in back and with proper tying down with bungee cords, you're set and able to transport them fully safe. Had had very minor issues taken care of and only had the routine annual (per owner's manual) oil change as I don't live in dusty or sandy areas. Brake pads are still within specs, even after owning it since 2007 and driven for about 50K miles since. Upon checking today, I would say that IT DOES have a higher re-sale value and as most (all?) any Hondas would have it -very low maintenance!"

Best Vehicle we've owned

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "HEADROOM and cargo space with back seats up."

Cons: "Only seats 4"

"This (and the 2011 Honda Element) are our favorite vehicles ever!! When I heard the Element was going out of production after 2011, I bought the 2011 but KEPT the 2003 for my husband. It has saved him driving his big 3/4 ton pickup (which gets about 13mpg)! We love both our Elements. I REALLY like the changes they have made for 2011!! Our 2003 gets about 21 mpg average and our 2011 gets almost 26 mpg average and has gotten as high as 29 mpg on long trips. It's much more comfortable and the seatbelts no longer are connected to the suicide door! I think Honda made a huge mistake taking this vehicle off the market. As a band director AND triathlete, it is the PERFECT vehicle for both!"

Don't Be Naive

By on Thursday, July 17, 2008

"This car was great at the beginning, but slowly something broke more and more and more. Now I'm part of few groups, and these problems are widespread throughout Element owners. The windshield cracks from the pressure, the horn stops working, the air compressor breaks down ($2k fix, by the way), window washer pump fails, door rattles, all sorts of things. Buyer beware... don't be naive.. do your research."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals