• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Honda Element

Based on 681 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Love for the Coleman

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Cargo, mpg, rugged, clever interior, safe, comfy"

Cons: "not aerodynamic, boxy"

"I named my car Coleman, because let's face it, he looks like a cooler. That being said, this is a great car. I lived in Colorado when we had 550 inches of snow in one winter, and it powered through all the snowbanks like a trooper, even just having all weather tires (as opposed to snow tires). It's really comfortable, very easy to clean and maintain, and gets great gas mileage. I gave it a 9/10 because it is not aerodynamic, so the car is loud on the freeway. However, it still gets as good of gas mileage as a CR-V of the same year, which is around 28 mpg hwy. What makes the car non-aerodynamic, though, is also what makes the interior so awesome. It's very spacious--my 6'5" brother can ride in the back with no problems--and holds a lot of stuff. I especially find it great for driving around with my 112 lb golden retriever, who rides comfortably in the back seat. Another neat thing is that this car's interior never seems to get hot when it's left in the sun. It actually stays relatively cool...like a Coleman cooler. And of course the seats are designed to lay completely flat for car camping, and the back seats come out individually for extra cargo space. Very room, very practical vehicle. Anyway, it's been a great car for me, and I've clearly driven it long and far enough to know it really well. I really highly recommend it for anyone who needs space, but especially the adventurer. Coleman will go anywhere with you and keep you safe."

Love my toaster on wheels!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"I have a 2010 that I have been leasing.I have leased a pilot,crv and accord prior to the Element. Overall I love this car and plan to buy it in 3 months. I love how roomy it is, I flip the seats up and transport 2 adult Trek bikes, no problem! There are only minor things I don't like. I would have liked to see auto locking doors after starting the car and auto unlock after turning off the key..I always "lock" myself in the car! The Mp3 plug and car charger plug is WAY to far away- being above the glove compartment. This car gets around GREAT in the snow, I would lease a new one if they were still being made! I LOVE my Element!!"

Frequently used by small businesses or family trav

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "I can't believe Honda discontinued the Element."

Cons: "Cargo area mat slips forward. It's all good!"

"Good mileage: 22 city/27 highway. A comfortable, long-distance ride. We use ours as a camper: pop out the rear seats and it sleeps two adults comfortably. Step-up running boards, roof rack (kayaks or gear basket), tow hitch for the bike rack, sun roof.... Air conditioning, Bose (5) Speakers wired to iPod jack, AM/FM, CD player, power take-off and overhead light in the tailgate area.... very convenient when travelling, tailgating, camping, et cetera. Very few available in today's market."

ANOTHER GREAT, RELIABLE HONDA!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, functional"

Cons: "Not great gas mileage (20-24 mpg)"

"Took out the rear seats; use it an enclosed truck! Can haul the same as my Honda Ridgeline pick-up, only inside! My 7th Honda in 7 years, new and used. Never had a repair or recall. Best value in the automotive industry; and I've tried them all. Great service and sales departments in my dealership."

Best Vehicle Ever! Looking to Buy Another!!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Unique, Rare, So much Room! Honda Reliability!"

Cons: "Not Aerodynamic, but still great on gas/fuel !"

"This car is so Unique/Rare! It's really big on the inside, can take seats out or lie them down full horizontal for hauling things, can wash out the rubber floor with garden hose (it's a Surfer's Dream)...Honda Reliabilty A++ It is not aerodynamic, but the fuel economy is way above par compared to other 4 cylinder, AWD/4WD vehicles...there is no comparison! Wish it had a Turbo Model!:-) The color is great too... (Orange/Red).. I love it and looking to get another one:-)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for