• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Honda Element

Based on 678 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

ANOTHER GREAT, RELIABLE HONDA!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, functional"

Cons: "Not great gas mileage (20-24 mpg)"

"Took out the rear seats; use it an enclosed truck! Can haul the same as my Honda Ridgeline pick-up, only inside! My 7th Honda in 7 years, new and used. Never had a repair or recall. Best value in the automotive industry; and I've tried them all. Great service and sales departments in my dealership."

Best Vehicle Ever! Looking to Buy Another!!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Unique, Rare, So much Room! Honda Reliability!"

Cons: "Not Aerodynamic, but still great on gas/fuel !"

"This car is so Unique/Rare! It's really big on the inside, can take seats out or lie them down full horizontal for hauling things, can wash out the rubber floor with garden hose (it's a Surfer's Dream)...Honda Reliabilty A++ It is not aerodynamic, but the fuel economy is way above par compared to other 4 cylinder, AWD/4WD vehicles...there is no comparison! Wish it had a Turbo Model!:-) The color is great too... (Orange/Red).. I love it and looking to get another one:-)"

Love the versatility of this vehicle.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great daily driver, recreation, chore wagon."

"This is the second Element that I have owned, sold the 2007 at 138k with absolutely no repairs..just routine maintenance held 80% of the original purchase price ...sold in 2014. Reliability plus. It has a great sound system, great ride and good fuel economy. Element owners seek out replacement Elements."

best car I've had.

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Can get hot in rear seats even with air on. No way to exit from inside... only thru front doors. Suicide doors are tight in a parking lot situation. Great on gas. Great climber...like a cat. Easiest car ever to wash on inside. I've literally cleaned the whole interior with wet wipes. Including the floor. Excellent for kids, pets, camping, park, beach, moving."

Good utilitarian vehicle

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Great functionality and comfortable to drive."

Cons: "a little overpriced as a used car."

"I bought this car for 7500$ two years ago, and couldn't be happier. For maintenance I have had to replace the exhaust system for about 1,100, but that was the most I've spent on it. Living in Vermont, rust is a constant worry, but the undercarriage is still in great shape and the body doesn't have any signs of problems. I really like this car, and plan on driving it until it falls apart. Disappointing that Honda wont make any more. Also, works fantastically for my 16 year old dog, as the back seats fold down for a great bed and the floor height is low enough that he only needs a little boost to get inside. All in all I would definitely get another one of these when this one bites the dust, but I worry that by that time Elements will have aged into classic car territory. (make sure to get a model that has armrests. Its silly that that is not in all of them)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals