2005 Honda Element

Based on 739 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned for my purposes.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I've had VW Passats, BMW 325i (Major problems) Toyotas; Fords, Chevies (never again) and this is the best I've ever owned. Trouble free, fun to drive, virtually unstickable (sic), reliable, bullet proof. I have two dogs that I take from Texas to California every year to go hunting with my son. I haul a trailer which I figure fully loaded is about 1,200 lbs and I get 27 mpg on the road; more if I don't need to run the a/c. I take the rear seats out (takes about 5 minutes and are totally detachable) and the dogs have plenty of room. They can't do any damage to this vehicle as everything is made so sturdily. When I get home, I just take it to the car wash and hose down everything but the dash and side speakers and it's good to go. I even got so I liked the looks of it!"

By on Sunday, February 3, 2008

"I had a truck for my toys but moved to this vehicle because I had obtained some kids I needed to move around too. It's a great kid vehicle because the backseats are up high with lots of legroom. You can climb in the car to get them set in their seats and when you are driving they can't reach your seat to kick! There is enough room on road trips to put in your cooler with a portable DVD player for them to watch. If you get a babysitter you can put the seats up and put in both of your mountain bikes without taking off the tires. And two adults can sleep very comfortably if you feel like camping out in the vehicle. We put mesh fabric over the window secured with magnets on the outside. Fast, peppy drive and lots of room!"

Best Vehicle we've owned

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "HEADROOM and cargo space with back seats up."

Cons: "Only seats 4"

"This (and the 2011 Honda Element) are our favorite vehicles ever!! When I heard the Element was going out of production after 2011, I bought the 2011 but KEPT the 2003 for my husband. It has saved him driving his big 3/4 ton pickup (which gets about 13mpg)! We love both our Elements. I REALLY like the changes they have made for 2011!! Our 2003 gets about 21 mpg average and our 2011 gets almost 26 mpg average and has gotten as high as 29 mpg on long trips. It's much more comfortable and the seatbelts no longer are connected to the suicide door! I think Honda made a huge mistake taking this vehicle off the market. As a band director AND triathlete, it is the PERFECT vehicle for both!"

My second Element.

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, Unique, Dog-Friendly"

Cons: "Underpowered, Brick Shaped, Bare-bones interior."

"I left the US to live overseas for 5 years and I sold my 2003 Element before I moved. Coming back to the states I spent a lot of time going from dealer to dealer looking for a vehicle that I enjoyed as much as that silly box of a car. Great for dogs and bags of mulch due to the lack of carpet anywhere. Also great if you are a fan of lots of leg room and headspace. Waterproof seats top things off when coming back after the pool and those rainy days in Seattle. It's older now because they don't make them any more so it was hard to find one. The engine is still underpowered so it always feels labored when travelling up steep inclines. One nice thing is that the radio space is a full double DIN spot so it is relatively easy to upgrade to Bluetooth, navigation, and backup camera. Overall I'm truly happy that I purchased my second Element."

Great

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"I already have 150,000 miles and other than oil changes, tires and brakes the car is great...Not bad for a 2003"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals