2005 Honda Element

Based on 711 Ratings for the 2003 - 2011 models.

Not a chic magnet but...

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, Fun, Practical."

Cons: "Fugly, but it grows on you and only 20 MPG."

"Granted it looks like a toaster, and the ones without solid color body, are particularly ugly. This car goes anywhere, has a comfortable ride, nice stereo and is about as utilitarian as they get. Why Honda stopped making them is beyond my simple mind. Wish mine had heated seats, mirrors, and a few other luxury items. But for long or short trips I like its style. Its got honda build quality, and more head and leg room than necessary. The MPG is only about 20 with the all time 4WD."

Hard to beat vehicle

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, interior headroom, all wheel drive"

Cons: "Lower gas mileage, looks boxy"

"We have owned an element since 2003. While a little boxy and slightly unstylish this is an excellent all around town(and the hills) kind of vehicle...the places it can get to and the roominess of the interior are its biggest pluses followed by unbelievable versatility in the drive train...as our family has grown we have outgrown this gem of a mini SUV,and are now moving on to a bigger Honda product in the pilot, but we will miss our 13 year old friend, and appreciate its reliability and all wheel systems. Best yet we paid about 24k new and expect to still get 1/3 of this back in the resale of this car.....way to go Honda!!"

really like this car

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "visibilty design, unsolved vibration problem,"

"purchased this car new in 03. In spite of design flaws such as windshield posts cause blind spots, as well as blind spots on door posts, this car has get up and go. Have driven it on several vacations, camped in it, hauled tools, and basically used it as a work vehicle. Love design and huge cargo carrying capacity, vinyl flooring easy to clean, etc. Had normal brake and shock replacement. At 137,000 miles a vibration started and after spending money for new tires, alignment, etc. no one, including Honda dealer has been able to figure it out."

Great Road Trip Vehicle. Fun to drive.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Fun to take on trips."

Cons: "Large pillar at windshield, small blind spot."

"Our Element has been literally all over the USA. Several trips of 3000 to 5000 miles each. Average Interstate speed was 75 miles per hour. Average fuel mileage was 27 miles per gallon even with the AC running. We have really enjoyed this vehicle."

I enjoy buzzing around in this "lego" mobile.

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Great pep, handling and cargo space for small car."

Cons: "The rear passenger doors are a pain."

"For a four-cylinder, this car moves. It doesn't have the power for towing much, like a U-Haul, but otherwise it accelerates quickly, maneuvers great, and handles itself well in West Michigan snow. The EX has a great sound system, visibility fore and aft are great (sideways, especially through the rear passenger windows from the driver's seat, is not so great due to the pillars and headrests), front seats are comfortable (rear ones not so much), and cargo room with the seats out is fabulous. The rear passenger doors' opening the wrong way has been a pain--no advantage I can see. The over all Honda performance and reliability are the best. I need to get a bigger vehicle for towing, or I'd hang on to this forever."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Element near Honolulu. See local deals