1993 Honda del Sol

9.4

Based on 158 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

9.7/10

Greatest little sports car EVER!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to maintain"

Cons: "Cup holders"

"I used to own a '93 Del Sol si and foolishly sold it. Was recently in the market for a new car and thought " why pay $500 a month for 3-5 years when I can try to find a Del Sol to buy? Six months later I found a' 97 Del Sol V-tek with 175,000 miles for $3000! I purchased it, spent another $3000 to replace old parts and upgrade it. It now has 210,000 miles after one year of owning it.... And I can't get enough. I'll be painting it yellow in February '15! Can't wait ( has anyone ever seen a yellow one?)"

Fun vehicle to drive

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I had one of these for 6 years. I bought it and changed the engine to a GSR and limited slip differential transmission. The vehicle ran great and only had one issue with it the entire time of owning it. The ignition switch went out (not expensive). I did the servicing on it when it needed it and had trouble free driving. I highly recommend when a timing belt is due, replace the water pump, front seals with it as well. The water pump gave me an issue about 6 months to a year later and I replaced it. Not a big deal for me since I can work on them myself, but for the person who chooses not to, you will save a lot of time and money. Driving the car was a blast (especially with the gsr engine). The top off and driving it is fun. Not the fastest car in the world, but I dont know anyone who doesnt enjoy the vehicle. Ride quality is not the best, but for the price of the vehicle, you cant complain. Also if you are annoyed by squeaks and rattles, this may not be for you. I didnt mind and it was always a blast. Other notes to warn about, seals are not cheap at all to replace, you may get leaks. Also the side windows if ever broken are about 700, unless you can find a junk yard with them. Overall a great and fun vehicle to drive. Only reason I sold mine is because we have two kids."

15+ Years & only 1 repair

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"It's true! I've done all of the maintenance as suggested (usually a bit early) including changing oil every 3000-3500 miles. The only "breakdown" repair problem occurred at the end of the 7th year -- regarded a failed sensor (causing the engine to quit without notice) for which the repair bill was $250. I also recovered the seats after 12 years of wear. Now, at 170K+ miles, I'll be doing a 2nd timing belt maintenance. The car has no signs of quitting...and the paint still looks new! If only most husbands were as faithful as my little Kermit (yes, it's that "Samba green" Honda SI paint job). Even tho I have since purchased a Mercedes SLK, I kept Kermie 'cause he's still much fun to drive as the car is a true roadster -- one can really feel the road and yet conduct a conversation as the ambient noise is much reduced due to its great design. People offer to buy it, but I can't see any reason to sell -- afterall, his trunk holds many more groceries than my Mercedes, even with the top stored inside of it! And after all of these years, he's got plenty of pep for rushing onto the highway and has no problems climbing the hills along the CA coastline. I see my SLK as the handsome jock who's a bit chunky underneath it all, but Kermie as the spunky kid who will never lose his innocence."

Fun little Coupe

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"This is a rather small 2 person car, but has quite a few advantages. Very light weight, good fuel economy with good acceleration. Its light weight makes this low 2 door coupe fun for the average teenager also. Perfect car to learn to drive Manual I must say, its very reliable. If your considering a car for your 16 year old this is by far one of the best cars to get him started on the road."

I LOVE my car!!!

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"I can't say enough good things about my Del Sol!!! It is the perfect SoCal car! Great gas mileage, enough pep to get you around, the top comes off quickly and easily... there is over 146000 miles on it and it runs like a dream. For long trips, I use a lumbar support on the seat (no big deal) but other than that it ROCKS!!! Best car I've ever owned! It beat out my old Accord!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda del Sol near Honolulu. See local deals