2014 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,536 - $33,109.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

THE BEST CAR

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Reason: BUY CRV

"I had a Crosstour 2010 with 65k miles and regretted the exchanged for a CRV 2013 has not comparison the two cars, the very best Crosstour in relation to comfort and stability on a trip or even in cities."

first Honda and not disappointed

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "snappy power, agile on corners, spacious. and fun"

Cons: "rear view tight, turning radius,"

"I saw this car on display at Costco and was fascinated by it from the start. I like the style and the cargo room it provides. I like the spacious cargo area that it can provide (6 foot ladder is no problem) in this SUV. I like the fact that it is sporty but has the versatility I need. The 4 cylinder 192 HP engine has plenty of go for me. I absolutely LOVE the backup cam. And for a 3,700LB. car it corners amazing with very little lean. I like the ability to start out in 2nd gear during slippery conditions during the winter. The turning radius is wider than I would like for parking and the rear view has some blind spots that you need to get used to."

Everything but the MPGs

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "Ground Clearance, Highway MPG, Backup/Side Cameras"

Cons: "City MPG"

"My 2013 Crosstour has everything I wanted, except CITY fuel efficiency. I expected better than I'm getting with regards to CITY fuel efficiency, which makes that hit even more painful. However, highway MPGs are phenomenal and really make up for the loss, considering I live in a state with much rural travel time. That said, within the first thousand miles, we had to drive cross country in the car for a funeral, and 5,000 miles later, we were completely convinced we had made the right purchase. We averaged around 32 MPG on that trip. The comfort for three people and small dog was everything you could hope for on a 5 day, round-trip in a car. We only stopped for sleeping and a eating breaks. It was a ruthless trip, but the comfort of the Crosstour made it doable and halfway enjoyable. The backup camera and side view camera are awesome. The interior design is easy to adjust to - including controls for radio/settings/HVAC. The cargo space is plenty for a couple with pets or a couple kids. It's especially great when carting around older relatives who have trouble getting in and out of most other vehicles, because the ground clearance is superb. All cars should have the same ground clearance of the Crosstour, it's the perfect height for easy-on-the-body entrance and exit of a vehicle. Lastly, this is a vehicle that I feel safe in. We hit a deer going about 50mph ourselves, and the deer about 40mph. The passenger headlight took the brunt of the hit, and it didn't even crack. It did do some damage to the fender and some mounting parts behind the fender/light, but I was thoroughly impressed with the light still holding on and working after taking that hit. Overall, I give the car a 8/10. Truly, we do more city driving than anything else, and getting the MPG of a pickup truck is hurting the car's rating."

Third Honda - all very good

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

"Good driving car. Comfortable. Good travel with "stuff" car.Rear view somewhat difficult. Would recommend but drive first re: rear view."

Really Love This Car except for one minor thing

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, classy, & affordability"

Cons: "Not the best for short people"

"This is a wonderful car to drive. Very comfortable and roomy inside. Love the luxurious interior and comfy seats. My biggest problem is that I am only 5 feet tall and the driver's seat does not adjust up high enough for me to see over the hood which makes me a little uneasy. That is the ONLY thing that would hold me back from buying a new one. I also had a blindspot issue and was initially disappointed that I didn't wait one more year for the blindspot detection option; however, with that said, I did a little research and learned that my outside mirrors were not adjusted correctly. Once I did that, I no longer have a blindspot problem. Gas mileage has been great for a V-6. Several roadtrips have calculated out to 29 mpg."

THIS IS MY 10TH HONDA

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY"

Cons: "HAVE TO GET USE TO THE REAR VIEW WHEN PARKING"

"I AM A RETIRED AUTO TECH, ALL I OWN ARE HONDAS , NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM , I TREAT THEM RIGHT AND THEY COME RIGHT BACK AT ME . IT IS A OUTSTANDING CAR"

worst car i ever owned, terrible resale value

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Reason: trouble with car

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room, all wheel drive"

Cons: "Seats, V-6 problems, resale value is terrible"

"This car seemed to meet all my needs. Good ride, fairly quiet, lots of room, all wheel drive. But within 5K miles the V-6 with the variable cylinder system caused major vibration from 20-25 mph. According to Honda this is "normal". Resale is terrible. Dealers want no part of this car. NO ONE will give you anything for it, and Honda will not fix it. STAY AWAY ! I lost thousands on this car. The seats are hard as a rock and I was never able to fine a comfortable setting. I am done with Honda after nearly 30 years. Never again."

best car I ever leased

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "handles great"

Cons: "price"

"I love my Crosstour! I have leased two of them. The problem is, they have gone way up in price, and I may not be able to get another one."

BEST OF THE BUNCH

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "unique styling good mpg and plenty of room"

Cons: "none except back window view somewhat restricted"

"IM 70 yrs old and have owned many cars. crosstour is by far the best. great unique styling which sets me apart from the crowd. u don't see same styling at every stoplight like many other makes and modles. variable cylinder v6 getting me 30mpg hwy. great for heavy car with plenty of 'GET UP AND GO" hatch back cargo area plenty big for most. might be too small for large young family. take a test drive and you will be sold. GREAT CAR HONDA!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK my 4th Honda procuct."

Comfortable, Stylish and Powerful for a "Wagon"

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, mileage, stylish, my girl digs it."

Cons: "None yet."

"I bought this car for the seating, and the cargo capacity without having to get an SUV while still retaining decent gas mileage. On straight, flat highways I've gotten 33 to 35 MPG, around town 18 to 22 MPG, and it's a comfortable, quiet ride. I really like the curb height, departure and approach angles to steep hills and driveways are nothing compared to my '07 Civic (had to approach at an angle) and the power of the 196 HP is really good for a 4 cylinder. Transmission shifts quite smooth, engine is quiet, and road noise on the highway is extremely minimal. The ride on bumpy/worn roads is great, suspension is soft yet firm. And the downhill assist is handy so you're not riding your brakes, and keeping the transmission in a lower gear on the uphill travel is also great so you're not lugging the transmission in a higher gear given whatever speed you're traveling. It took a little getting used to but it's a nice feature. The side view and rear view camera - handy. Especially since the rear has a little bit of a blind spot which only affects me when backing out of a parking spot, otherwise seeing other cars on the road isn't a problem. I love that the rear view camera has three angles - wide angle, normal, and straight down. Amazing. Overall, this is a GREAT car. The automatic roll-down windows via key fob was an unexpected surprise...great on a hot day to enter a car 30 seconds after the windows and moon roof have opened...especially a black car. I've recommended this car to two other people who wound up getting one and they love it as well."

Beautiful ride, smooth, powerful and comfortable.

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, good mileage, instrument panel easy to re"

Cons: "Rear view narrow"

"Outstanding ride"

I love this car!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "total comfort! Love the style!"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"I love old vintage cars. I wanted a fashionable, comfortable, different looking, car with luxury and this car has it all. I wanted a car that I felt safe in and a dependable car. You can scat and scat-n-doodle out of the way because this car is not sluggish, never dragging like some cars I have had in the past. I told myself this may be the last car I own since I will retire soon and I decided to for once buy the new car that I really wanted and when I saw it I fell in love at first sight. You know how it is when that happens, it can only grow from there. I hope you enjoy yours as much."

Great road & town car

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Never any maintenance that isn't routine."

Cons: "Must set side mirrors to remedy blind spot."

"This is my 5th Honda in 15 years. Love the extra weight of the Crosstour over an Accord V6 (owned 3). Also, the additional height from the road means big trucks don't splash your windshield in rain or snow so you can't see. With A/C running, I can get 22-25 miles/gallon on the highway."

Great midsized car. Reliable quiet with good power

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Style, handling, ride, quiet"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Bought this car after owning comparable Chevy. No regrets with this Honda."

Worst Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Reason: Worst Car Ever Owned

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to own and unreliable"

"I was excited to down size from my mini vans to a fun and sporty car. This quickly changed in the first year we owned the 2010 Crosstour. On four occasions during 3 years of ownership I lost full power on the interstate going 60-70 mph during rush hour. Upon being towed to the Honda dealership no problems were ever located, it just needed new spark plugs. Really? How many new cars need to have spark plugs replaced and how many times? Honda was less than responsive and never resolved the problem. The layout of the climate control and radio/navigation system was challenging and poorly planned. Often requiring you to take your eyes off the road to use. The newer models did not improve much either. Gas mileage was less than impressive and faired worse than my Chrysler mini vans. The oil changes were pricey given the need for synthetic oil. Essentially making this a more expensive car to maintain. The trunk lacks a light leaving missed groceries often. A power lift gate is needed for this beast. Most models in this price range have a power lift gate."

Great transportation, feels like a much bigger car

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "handling"

"This a great car for someone that occasionally needs extra room. Provides a solid feel with a unique look. Backup camera helps with rear visibility issue. 25 to 28 MPG with the 4 cylinder."

SHOULD BE RATED 'BEST IN CLASS'

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "excellent all around vechicle"

Cons: "storage not enough for large ,growing family"

"GREAT CAR ,UNIQUE DESIGN SETS U APART FROM THE CROWD. NOT SAMO SAMO STYLE AND SHAPE OF OTHER MODLES AND MAKES. U DONT SEE SAME STYLE OF CAR AT EVERY STOPLIGHT. V6 VARIABLE CYLINDER ENGIN GETS ME 30 + MPG ON HWY. GREAT FOR 6000LB CAR WITH PLENTY OF PUNCH/POWER. PLENTY OF STORAGE ROOM , EXCEPTION WOULD BE NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR LARGE FAMILY. IVE OWNED MANY CARS IN MY 70 YRS INCLUDING ORIGINAL 1965 MUSTANG AND 3 OTHER HONDAS AND VARIOUS OTHER MAKES. THE CROSSTOUR IS "THE BEST OF THE BUNCH" GREAT JOB HONDA. TEST DRIVE ONE, AND U WILL BE SOLD."

The Best

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Price, quality, reliabilty, Fun to drive,"

Cons: "Need light at the trunk"

"Excellent car to drive. Good interior quality, leather seats, doors and dash board. better than all other competitors. Exterior is cool different from the standard car look. driving is comfortable, good road visibility. Good visibility front, back and sides. side camera is nice. Power is excellent for V6 4wd with average 27 MPG city and Hwy. electronic is up to date with current needs for smart phone. reliable car. The car is awesome.... I recommend."

Good car, but need a ladder to wash it..

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Closest thing to an SUV"

Cons: "Difficult to wash. very high"

"Good Car Good value."

Sports performance, crossover storage, & luxury

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "20+ gas; enormous interior and good storage"

2011 Honda Cross Tour

"Technology-plus. Luxury, safety, reliability and yet, economy. No car comes close at the price. If you can get your hands on one, I'd highly suggest buying it. Oh, and don't forget the 4WD!"

2011 Honda Cross Tour

excellent except for back window design

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "20-23 mpg on reg. gas. typical honda reliability"

"very good investment"

MOST COMFORTABLE AND VERSATILE SPORTY SUV EVER!

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "GAS SAVER, VERY SAFE, SPORTY LOOKING, SAND, SNOW,"

Cons: "NONE"

"I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY THIS MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR/SUV FOR AS LONG AS THEY ARE BEING MADE! I LOVE MY CROSSTOUR EX-L 4WD WITH NAVIGATION!!!"

A great compromise for a big man who wants MPG

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "Luxury interior; technologies; space, MPGs"

Cons: "Expensive; AWD version hard to find in my area"

"I've had Ford, Chevy and Volvo SUVs and none of them were as satisfying as this car. The interior space is outstanding; the fit and finish is excellent; and the amenities are top-notch. I'm a 6-2, 350-pound ex-college football lineman and I'm more comfortable in (and getting out of) this car than in any of those SUVs. Plus I have decent -- not great -- cargo space and I get 33 MPG on the highway, way better than what I was getting before. A coworker who saw it asked to drive it and bought one a week later."

Glad I didn't listen to the "experts"

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Luxury...Power...styling....smmmmoooooth as glass."

Cons: "turning radius....visibilty....Both minor."

"This thing is as smooth as glass with good power and fuel economy. The interior is luxury car standard...and I personally like the styling. I also like the dashboard layout....and all the features that Honda packed in. So what is this vehicle? Its a 4 wheel drive luxury vehicle with good space....I'm 5'10" and my knees are a foot away from the drivers seat when sitting in the rear. This car is a serious sleeper...just go drive it! I got my 2014 4wd v6 ex-l for 4 thousand UNDER MSRP....and also got .9 financing for 60 months...couldn't turn the deal down."

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "nice and roomy"

Cons: "speakers don't allow room for storage"

"I love the ride, it's sturdy, comfortable, roomy and stylish. It only lacks sufficient room in the back since the speakers take up the room. Otherwise, no problems with this car and I feel safe when driving it."