2014 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,993 - $25,424.

10/6.9

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

THE BEST CAR

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Reason: BUY CRV

"I had a Crosstour 2010 with 65k miles and regretted the exchanged for a CRV 2013 has not comparison the two cars, the very best Crosstour in relation to comfort and stability on a trip or even in cities."

The Best

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Price, quality, reliabilty, Fun to drive,"

Cons: "Need light at the trunk"

"Excellent car to drive. Good interior quality, leather seats, doors and dash board. better than all other competitors. Exterior is cool different from the standard car look. driving is comfortable, good road visibility. Good visibility front, back and sides. side camera is nice. Power is excellent for V6 4wd with average 27 MPG city and Hwy. electronic is up to date with current needs for smart phone. reliable car. The car is awesome.... I recommend."

worst car i ever owned, terrible resale value

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Reason: trouble with car

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room, all wheel drive"

Cons: "Seats, V-6 problems, resale value is terrible"

"This car seemed to meet all my needs. Good ride, fairly quiet, lots of room, all wheel drive. But within 5K miles the V-6 with the variable cylinder system caused major vibration from 20-25 mph. According to Honda this is "normal". Resale is terrible. Dealers want no part of this car. NO ONE will give you anything for it, and Honda will not fix it. STAY AWAY ! I lost thousands on this car. The seats are hard as a rock and I was never able to fine a comfortable setting. I am done with Honda after nearly 30 years. Never again."

Everything but the MPGs

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "Ground Clearance, Highway MPG, Backup/Side Cameras"

Cons: "City MPG"

"My 2013 Crosstour has everything I wanted, except CITY fuel efficiency. I expected better than I'm getting with regards to CITY fuel efficiency, which makes that hit even more painful. However, highway MPGs are phenomenal and really make up for the loss, considering I live in a state with much rural travel time. That said, within the first thousand miles, we had to drive cross country in the car for a funeral, and 5,000 miles later, we were completely convinced we had made the right purchase. We averaged around 32 MPG on that trip. The comfort for three people and small dog was everything you could hope for on a 5 day, round-trip in a car. We only stopped for sleeping and a eating breaks. It was a ruthless trip, but the comfort of the Crosstour made it doable and halfway enjoyable. The backup camera and side view camera are awesome. The interior design is easy to adjust to - including controls for radio/settings/HVAC. The cargo space is plenty for a couple with pets or a couple kids. It's especially great when carting around older relatives who have trouble getting in and out of most other vehicles, because the ground clearance is superb. All cars should have the same ground clearance of the Crosstour, it's the perfect height for easy-on-the-body entrance and exit of a vehicle. Lastly, this is a vehicle that I feel safe in. We hit a deer going about 50mph ourselves, and the deer about 40mph. The passenger headlight took the brunt of the hit, and it didn't even crack. It did do some damage to the fender and some mounting parts behind the fender/light, but I was thoroughly impressed with the light still holding on and working after taking that hit. Overall, I give the car a 8/10. Truly, we do more city driving than anything else, and getting the MPG of a pickup truck is hurting the car's rating."

first Honda and not disappointed

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "snappy power, agile on corners, spacious. and fun"

Cons: "rear view tight, turning radius,"

"I saw this car on display at Costco and was fascinated by it from the start. I like the style and the cargo room it provides. I like the spacious cargo area that it can provide (6 foot ladder is no problem) in this SUV. I like the fact that it is sporty but has the versatility I need. The 4 cylinder 192 HP engine has plenty of go for me. I absolutely LOVE the backup cam. And for a 3,700LB. car it corners amazing with very little lean. I like the ability to start out in 2nd gear during slippery conditions during the winter. The turning radius is wider than I would like for parking and the rear view has some blind spots that you need to get used to."

best car I ever leased

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "handles great"

Cons: "price"

"I love my Crosstour! I have leased two of them. The problem is, they have gone way up in price, and I may not be able to get another one."

Worst Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Reason: Worst Car Ever Owned

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to own and unreliable"

"I was excited to down size from my mini vans to a fun and sporty car. This quickly changed in the first year we owned the 2010 Crosstour. On four occasions during 3 years of ownership I lost full power on the interstate going 60-70 mph during rush hour. Upon being towed to the Honda dealership no problems were ever located, it just needed new spark plugs. Really? How many new cars need to have spark plugs replaced and how many times? Honda was less than responsive and never resolved the problem. The layout of the climate control and radio/navigation system was challenging and poorly planned. Often requiring you to take your eyes off the road to use. The newer models did not improve much either. Gas mileage was less than impressive and faired worse than my Chrysler mini vans. The oil changes were pricey given the need for synthetic oil. Essentially making this a more expensive car to maintain. The trunk lacks a light leaving missed groceries often. A power lift gate is needed for this beast. Most models in this price range have a power lift gate."

SHOULD BE RATED 'BEST IN CLASS'

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "excellent all around vechicle"

Cons: "storage not enough for large ,growing family"

"GREAT CAR ,UNIQUE DESIGN SETS U APART FROM THE CROWD. NOT SAMO SAMO STYLE AND SHAPE OF OTHER MODLES AND MAKES. U DONT SEE SAME STYLE OF CAR AT EVERY STOPLIGHT. V6 VARIABLE CYLINDER ENGIN GETS ME 30 + MPG ON HWY. GREAT FOR 6000LB CAR WITH PLENTY OF PUNCH/POWER. PLENTY OF STORAGE ROOM , EXCEPTION WOULD BE NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR LARGE FAMILY. IVE OWNED MANY CARS IN MY 70 YRS INCLUDING ORIGINAL 1965 MUSTANG AND 3 OTHER HONDAS AND VARIOUS OTHER MAKES. THE CROSSTOUR IS "THE BEST OF THE BUNCH" GREAT JOB HONDA. TEST DRIVE ONE, AND U WILL BE SOLD."

I really love my car

By on Sunday, July 05, 2015

"I've always been puzzled by the bad reviews. When I first bought the Crosstour in 2011, I never received more compliments and inquiries with any other car. It is solid, and reliable, with a strong engine, and never gets stuck in the snow. It is a real shame Honda have discontinued it after 2015. One of their problems was in promoting it as a type of SUV, when it is really just a great awd wagon. Sorry to see you go. Honda has lots of new model changes coming, but I don't think any fit the Crosstour niche."

this car drives and handles great.

By on Monday, June 08, 2015

"I love this car. it is by far the best winter vehicle I have ever had. The full time four wheel drive makes its unstoppable in adverse winter weather. The car drives and handles great and has plenty of power. The leather interior is comfortable. The dash could be a little more dressed up but is adequate. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone considering it."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

"Hondas are great cars and this Crosstour is not the exception. I have had Hondas for the last 15 years and none of them gave me any troubles. The only reason why I don't give a 10 to this car, is because its visibility. side and back visibility should be better."

Great midsized car. Reliable quiet with good power

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Style, handling, ride, quiet"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Bought this car after owning comparable Chevy. No regrets with this Honda."

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "nice and roomy"

Cons: "speakers don't allow room for storage"

"I love the ride, it's sturdy, comfortable, roomy and stylish. It only lacks sufficient room in the back since the speakers take up the room. Otherwise, no problems with this car and I feel safe when driving it."

Great car but the mileage could be better.

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, carries a great deal."

Cons: "20 mpg"

"I got this car because I had been driving Honda Accords for years and needed something that would carry more junk because I was moving. The car handles great, is reliable and does everything I got it for, The only problem is $75 dollars a week at the gas pump, it gets 18-22 mpg and I have been spoiled by the Accords."

My magic carpet

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "Better on gas I get 32 on the hwy I want more lol"

"I love this car it is roomy, stylish, and fast"

excellent car

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"except for the knee banging dashboard i really like this car"

Best Honda I have ever owned

By on Sunday, May 15, 2011

"EXL V-6 AWD, Silver with black leather interior Smooth power and precise handling with excellent ride and braking. Interior is soothingly quiet and seats are incredibly comfortable. My actual city and highway mileage exceeded the manufactures rating. It could use a few more horses under the hood to match it's aggressive styling. Other than that, it's my perfect honda!!!!"

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"Excellent. Luxury. Comfortable. Nice Stereo. Nice Navi. Nice Bluetooth and SAFE."

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

excellent except for back window design

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "20-23 mpg on reg. gas. typical honda reliability"

"very good investment"

I do not like this car.p, regret purchase.

By on Friday, May 15, 2015

Pros: "Economical,"

Cons: "Feels cheap, aggravating technology and door locks"

"I feel like the car drives like a toy. I had a Honda Accord in the early 80's that I loved and drove over 200,000 miles but I can't wait to get rid of this one. The MOST aggravating thing is the annoying way you have to open the hatch. Forget approaching the vehicle with packages; you have to put them down, hit the button on the fob several times and then manually lift the hatch. Why not AT LEAST put a latch release inside the drivers door? I've had this car for over a year and it never fails that every door locks and cannot be unlocked without walking back around the car to hit the button on the drivers side. Additionally, I find the interior cabin quite tight. It is absolutely impossible to use the storage compartment between the seats, you'd have to be a contortionist. The USB port cannot be reached from the drivers seat even without wearing the seatbelt. You have to exit the car and kneel on the seat. But my personal favorite pet peeve is the fact that while I deliberately bought a non-black interior the flooring is still black and the carpet has all the properties of Velcro. I even bought tan bath mats to put I the floor of the back but it, of course, they don't stay put. Honda doesnt even sell tan car mats as far as I can find out. The car is very hot with all that black. (And hard to keep clean.) The technology is redundant and difficult to use. I've never had a car I dislike more unless perhaps it was the first Saturn back in the early 90s."

Love My New Crosstour!

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Handling, V6 engine, interior styling update"

Cons: "mileage is ok, back view, turning radius, stereo"

"Went looking for a replacement for my 2013 Acura Tsx Sport Wagon with Tech, after this past winter. Acura RDX was not discounted very much and the ride was stiff. Mazda CX5 didn't feel as nice as I hoped, but was ok. Edge was nice, but big. CRV has a CVT - did not like that at ALL. Drove the Crosstour just to see if I liked it, and I drove it home the next day. Great Driving 4wd vehicle. The ride is amazing, and smooth. LOVE the Double Wishbone Front suspension, always have. The back view is awful, but not to hard to get used to. I got the 4WD EXL V6 Navi for 33.4K ($38.3K) sticker. Roomy enough for my stuff and two Retrievers"

Good car, but need a ladder to wash it..

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Closest thing to an SUV"

Cons: "Difficult to wash. very high"

"Good Car Good value."

Worst car I have ever bought

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Nice size trunk fits a lot of stuff"

Cons: "Horrible gas mileage"

"We went from a Nissan armada to the crosstour trying to save money on gas and we loved the large trunk area the armada is one of the highest rated gas guzzlers on the list and what is messed up is we changed for gas mileage and we had better mileage with the armada than the crosstour we range 15-17 with the crosstour for mpg and with the armada we ranged 17-22 both of these are city mileage ranges so I would not recommend this car to anyone it is not worth the 32,000 we paid for it so DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WE JUST WANT TO RETURN IT"

TAROBL CAR

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "NOTING"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"I HOPE IT IS NOT THE BEST HONDA"

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next