2014 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,285 - $25,428.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Better in snow than any SUV I have owned

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and AWD"

Cons: "Can seem big at times"

"Great automobile during all driving conditions. Style and comfort of a high end sedan with performance in the elements of an SUV only much better MPGs."

Brilliant brilliant brilliant

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling in SD winter or summer"

Cons: "Needs a "miles til empty" feature"

"I actually bought the 2011 to get a feel if this would be a good alternative to full or mid size SUV in SD winters, and for the last 6 months I've owned it, I have been blown away by how well it grips the road in good weather, and how well it handles in icy and snowy conditions. I am beyond impressed by the cargo space (and remember, we were Yukon owners) for the size of the vehicle, have had no difficulties loading it up. Great gas mileage. The plethora of buttons took some getting used to, and I'm sure I'm still not using all the features to their full potential, but awesome comfort is provided with the seating, heating, air conditioning etc. The smaller back view did take some getting used to as well, but go figure! Honda has provided these nifty rearview mirrors to help a driver out! Love love love it. Can't wait to convince my hubby to let me order a brand new one!"

I Love It!!!!!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "4WD but not style SUV. Handle great in the snow."

Cons: "Wish big enough for third row seating."

"I own 2010 4 WD Crosstour. At first had to adjust to blind spots while driving. You have that with any new car you drive. It's Great for me since I travel 90 miles a day to work. Drives very smooth. People can't believe it a 4WD. I owned a Tahoe for five years before. My husband is a big man and he complains it to small and not comfortable, but he drives 2500 king cab truck. I would love to have the new 2014 Crosstour..;)"

Love my HONDA

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

"I love my car. We drive to Little Rock, AR from Dallas, TX about every 5-6 weeks and its so confortable. The Dual control for heat and AC is an absolute dream. The back seat is very comfortable and has so much space. I love the trunk space and even the hidden compartment. This car runs and drives so smoothly. All of my family and friends love how stylish it is and how nice it is to drive."

Beautiful automobile

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Not a noise when engine is running"

Cons: "Wish it had push button start, power trunk lid ,"

"Sleek style Sneaky fast 271 horse power Excellent quiet ride Got 31mpg on 7hr trip"

Our 5th Honda -- LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Sharp, handsome styling; super ride; A+ features"

Cons: "none so far"

"This is our 5th Honda. We currently have a 2013 Pilot and the 2014 Crosstour. We absolutely LOVE this car. It drives beautifully, fits everything we need, and is very comfortable. It's turning out to be the most favorite of cars we have ever owned. I am so sick of these reviewers and their comments on the styling. It's as if every critic jumped on a bashing bandwagon and can't get off and have an original thought. This car is sleek, yet impressively rugged looking. Friends often think it's a high-end German car at first glance. The Crosstour looks great, period--don't care what the reviewers keep harping on. Gas mileage is great, the beefy Michelin tires provide a nice smooth ride. The interior is roomy and handsome. Controls are intuitive once you get used to all the digital layouts it you haven't had them before. I have eye issues, and that right-side camera is so incredibly valuable to be. Happy, happy customer."

Great car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Reason: newer model

Pros: "Quiet, carries large loads, comfortable"

Cons: "visibility and seat belt placememnt"

"This car is quiet and rides nicely, it has plenty of power and carries four golf bag and riders comfortably. 19 miles per gallon around the city and 28 riding on the freeway I like it."

This car is awesome!

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "handles awesome"

Cons: "some blind spots"

"It drives very smooth, handles great and is fun. The only negative is some blind spots. I love this car. I'm so happy I chose this car over the Toyota Venza, it is much sleeker and sportier. The hatch fits everything."

Quirky and competent

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

"We've owned this car now for 16 months. My wife's commute is approximately 50 miles daily on interstate and secondary highways (some of which are in poor shape). The ride and comfort of this Crosstour is better than anything we've ever owned, and we've had quite a few different vehicles over the last 16 years. The stock Michelin 18 inch tires on our EX-L V6 AWD provide exceptional comfort, run quiet, and provide suprising grip in the Wisconsin winter and snow for an all season tire. Just like the standard Accord, the interior is very large and well layed out. The styling is certainly a love it or hate it affair and my wife enjoys the unique appearance of the car and it's always easy to spot in a crowded parking lot! On the downside, and there isn't much to complain about, Honda is a bit button crazy. Although fairly intuitive, there are a lot of buttons on the dash. Also, the small recessed display screen for the radio/HVAC controls is monochromatic and easily washes out in direct sunlight. Overall, for the content, performance, and quality, you can't go wrong with the Crosstour."

I Love My Car

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "great value for the price, spacious, conventional"

Cons: "would be great if it came with a cargo cover"

"This is my 3rd Honda and by far the best for me! I owned a Civic and an Accord, but needed the 4wd for the weather conditions people face in MT. This vehicle is superb in snow and ice, handles smoother than my Accord did, and is very convenient and spacious for all my needs. The gas mileage is not quite as good as the Accord, but is comparable. The look took some getting use to, but I have grown to love the sportiness of the Crosstour. My overall rating for this car is a 10! Just drive one, and when you do, put it to a real test!!! My test drive was one where I tried to get it stuck in snow drifts, needless to say it didn't work and I was sold!"

I love my white EX-L V6 2012

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Unique design, spacious interior, sexy exterior."

Cons: "Narrow tires."

"I've had my 2012 EX-L V6 for 10 months and I love driving it. I love the elegance the white throws off along with the chrome accents. The interior is so spacious. Perfect for a first family car. I live in Miami and went on a 4 hour road trip to Disney and I gotta say it was the easiest 4 hours I've ever driven because of the comfort and the 271 horses the engine was pushing. One thing I would change on it would be the narrow tires and add wider tires to give it a sportier look, but other than that the car is perfect. If you asked me if I would purchase a future Crosstour I would say YES!.."

Best Crossover on the market - 4 cyl engine

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, fuel efficient"

Cons: "no fuel consumption indication"

"Own 2012 Crossover EX-L 4 cylinder Testdrove Toyota Venza, Subaru Outback and nothing compares with Honda Crosstour: * engine - best * fuel efficiency - best * transmission - very smooth * interior - very functional (Venza has panoramic sunroof but that's about it) * storage - love the hidden compartments Lots of bad press by NON-OWNERS - not sure why ..."

High quality, reliable, low maintenance costs.

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Quality, good trade-in value"

"Honda always provides a quality vehicle, and locally good service, which is not required much. We switched from Toyota and have bought 4 Hondas in the last 5 years. Going to buy the 6th in a few months. Best Hondas are the CRV and Ridgeline truck."

Just Drive It!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Interior quality, NAVI system, 18" wheels, V-6"

Cons: "Cabin carpeting"

CT shortly after delivery

"I purchased a new 2012 EXL,V-6 AWD w/NAVI in Nov. I traded a 2010 Accord EXL with 80K. I was sold by the ease of entry, the seating and AWD. The ride is superb, both during heavy rain and in snow. The mileage is just as expected, 20 mpg in urban, 26+ hwy. I drive about 30 K miles a year for work and am impressed by the comfort and support of the seats, better than my previous car. I did not purchase the car for the cargo area but carry work related tools--easy to load and unload from hatch area. Cargo area is still impressive. I purchased a cargo cover for privacy. It used to be standard with earlier models. I use the Voice Activated Controls & NAVI system extensively. I also had this in my Accord. I use the NAVI for more than just getting from point A to B. It is full of features and I find it intuitive. I am amazed at how many people comment positively (unsolicited) on the styling. The car is fun to drive."

CT shortly after delivery

Love my 2012 Crosstour

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Driver's seat raises up higher for easy in/out"

Cons: "Outside Temp gauge not easy to see"

"I love this car since the first time I saw it on a road trip a few years ago - "What is THAT?" I asked my husband. We couldn't figure it out until we got close up and noticed it said Honda Accord Crosstour. I later learned that "Accord" was dropped but just the same, being a Honda got my attention. In December, I was having major problems with my Jeep, which I had for 9 years and needed something similar. I was also having difficulty getting up to the high seat in the Jeep but waanted to stick an SUV but nothing was catching my attention. Finally, we went to see the CRVs since we had a Honda Accord before for 12 years. Walking through the showroom, we saw a beautiful red Crosstour with a reduced price tag. I got in and instantly loved it. I test drove the leather trimmed V-6 model and did NOT want to get out. My husband was sold as well. The next day, we purchased it and I love it more (as I get familiar with all the buttons) each time I drive. I used to hate driving to work in Washington DC every day but since I've been driving the Crosstour - I don't even notice the traffic - love listening to satellite radio, answering the phone with handsfree link, and thanks to the back up camera, I have less hassle getting into the parking space. I initially had a problem with the blind spots but someone suggested watching a Youtube video on how to set your side mirrors and I've not had any difficulties since then. Love, love this car. I just wished I could have afforded the navi system, but then I probably would have ended NEVER getting out!"

Great Drive

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Great Ride"

Cons: "Low Visability"

"This is the first time i have leased a car, I went to honda for the CR-V but I got a fully loaded crosstour for the same price as a base CR-V so I went with it. It drives smooth. My old car was a Plymouth Voyager. My only learning curve is the back window. It is definately a learning curve. There is limited visability, similar to a prius. In bad weather the defroster does not do the entire back window. The cut off is something to get use to. The rear back navigation is a plus and is necessary, however if you have never used this back navigation you will need time to trust it. I have had this car 3 months and I am still afraid to go on a highway because of the limited visability. This is my one and only concern with the car. Otherwise this is truly the best ride I have ever had. Oh also the salesman that sold me the car told me the 2012 model does show the tire pressure so am not sure if these other reviews were older models. I have not reached that stage yet with my car we shall see..."

dream drive!

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "great drive"

Cons: "would do well with a push start"

"I would say you gotta drive it and then comment about it. Its a highway sportswagon, built to fly on the road. The road grip, the comfortable height, the steering control and the sound system with a honda engine and the superspacious interior make it my perfect car! only complaint i have is the lack of a side view camera in this car and also if honda could give free upgrades to its navigation system."

Drove BMW & the Honda drives better

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features, performance, reliability"

"29 MPG first day and has gone up to 34 mpg hwy and consistently 25 mpg in town with V6. I test drove BMW, Audi, Lexus and Acura. This drove better than the rest and the only one that really fit my 6'4" frame. While not sold as a performance car, it really does perform very well. Awsome in traffic. Safety cameras are a great feature. Honda needs to market the Crosstour better, it's a great car."

The Avalon of Honda

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "Smooth and heavy, but sporty feel. Easy to drive."

"I traded in a '95 Accord EX, V-6, (167K miles, owned since new) for the '13 Crosstour 4WD EX V-6 w/Leather & Navigation, 6 Speed Automatic - color is Mountain Air Metallic. Primary add-ons were back-up sensors, side moldings, splash guards, Crystal Fusion windshield treatment, and paint and interior protection packages. At 61, I wanted a smooth riding, quiet, well appointed car that was easy to get in and out of. The more I drive the Crosstour the more impressed I am with it. It has a heavy but unmistakably powerful feel to it, yet is easy, almost effortless, to drive. The engine has a "throaty" sound that let's you know you've got a lot of power should you want to use it, and the car has very, very smooth acceleration and braking. Inside, the sound system is superb. The interior is quiet enough to be able to listen to classical music - something not feasible in the old Accord - and getting in the car after work brings on a tangible sense of relaxation. The sound system is "precise" enough to bring out elements of oldies and classic rock music that I had been listening to for decades, that I hadn't heard or noticed before. One thing I had been concerned about with the Crosstour was the view to the rear - the old Accord had great visibility. But, and I'm not really sure why, the rear visibility of the Crosstour just isn't an issue - I get all the visibility and awareness I want or need. Doesn't seem to make sense given what would appear to be significant limited visibility to the rear. The car was relatively expensive, but I have no buyer's remorse whatsoever. If I had a reason to buy another one I probably would - the car is a gem - more than what I had hoped for. I had pretty much decided on purchasing an upper-end Avalon based on price and a test drive before test driving the Crosstour. But once I drove the Crosstour I didn't consider the Avalon again."

Best car i've ever owned!!

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Great build quality, pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Poor visibility out of rear window."

"I was t-boned in the side drivers side door pillar at 50 mph. I was probably saved by the side curtain airbags and rigid body construction. I walked away (aided!)with only bruises, the car was totaled unfortunately! Great vehicle drives beautifully, or used too! :>("

Excellent and Unique car

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "acceleration, comfortable seats, roominess, cargo"

Cons: "no tire pressure readout,"

"I've got the 3.5L V6 EX in Twilight Blue. I put in XM radio for $40, a Garmin, and didn't really care about 4x4 capabilities. So I saved thousands because I would rather have the cloth seats than leather. Leather gets so hot in the summer. Could use a tire pressure monitor showing the pressure in each tire like my Malibu. No instant mileage readout. Averaging 23.6 mpg combined. Better than the 4 cylinder Malibu. Leasing it now, but will buy it at the end of the lease. Darn good car."

Best Car that I've owned of 10

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Great year end value with price and financing."

"The Crosstour 4cylinder EX model is a real steal. Solid Feel, Handling, Ergonomics, Reliability. Much more substantial than other "family sedans" and small "cuv's" yet not as cumbersome as larger mid size suv's. Difficult to rate since it is a unique one of a kind vehicle. Fits all my needs"

2013 Crosstour

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "knwon Honda quality and reliability"

Cons: "missing options shown on others honda vehicle."

"I wanted to replace my 2012 2WD EX-L V6 Crosstour w/ navi. for 2013 model. The picures don't tell the whole story. I drove The 2013 model and it is fast, composed and the seats very comfortable, it drives like a dream. One thing Honda forgets, people buying these vehicles are looking to buy a Honda wagon, because this is what it is. With a steep price that I'm will to pay, I don't want to pay it for a look alike Subaru Forester. The cheap plastic clads in fornt, around and in the rear of the vehicle make look cheap. It doesn't make justice to the vehicle. They should have left it alone. Honda added the expanded view driver's side mirrow but What about L.E.D. head lights w/integrated turn indicators ? It looks like someone forgot to add it to the top trim 2013 Crosstour.If you want to charge premium dollars for the vehicle, then deliver the goodies. Please , Make the vehicle Look a real Honda, in this case, like 2013 Honda Accord Touring but in wagon. The 2013 Crosstour does not convey the image of being top of the line Honda Vehicle. Don't get me wrong I love this vehicle but Honda could have done better."

I absolutely love my car!

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Very stylish"

Cons: "The gas mileage could be improved"

"I purchased my car last weekend. My husband and I were in the market for a used car when we came across this beauty. My husband drives a Subaru Outback Wagon which I love so I wanted something that was similar in size and handling. The Crosstour exceeded my every expectation. I test drove a Toyota Venza and liked it but then I drove the Crosstour and fell in love with it. Ours is a 2010 EX-L and I never imagined that a car could have this many extras for such a great price. I would recommend this car to anyone. It has more than enough storage space and even room enough for two carseats and I don't feel like a soccer mom when I drive it!"

A Superbly Engineered Machine

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Fully Loaded, Spacious Cabin, Its a Honda!"

Cons: "Rear Window is Lame but usable"

"Have the 4 Cylinder, EX-L with Navigation. After discounts, the car was purchased at an outstanding price. The amount of stuff that is packed into this trim package is amazing. Luxurious leather seats, color backup camera, power sunroof, navigation, heated and memory controlled seats, 360 watt stereo with subwoofer, dual climate control, voice activation, active noise cancellation, blue tooth, etc, etc. There isn't much this car does not have. And what it doesn't have can be laughed at, because its not important. So, this car has everything. It may not look pretty to some people, but underneath is Honda's best selling Accord with a bit of an attitude. I'm happy to have it as a commuter, and as a second family hauler. And, the 4 cylinder powers this thing fine with plenty of guts."