• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,807 - $25,144.

10/7.0

9.4

Based on 113 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

Far exceeding expectations

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "pleasant to drive, good outward visibility"

Cons: "lonely on the road"

"This car far exceeds my expecations, most of which were brought down by initial reviews from non-owners. Can't be more pleased with my decision to cross over and purchase this vehicle. Just look at the rating from owners. Crosstour absolutely deserves high rating."

Outstanding automobile

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the quality"

Cons: "Wish I could own 2"

"Best built car I have owned in 40 yrs! Excellent design with lots of space. Love all the options with the navi and AWD. Cruises along very comfortably on the highway with minimum road noise and the V6 engine feels like a bigger engine. Wonderful gas mileage also. I will keep this car for many years to come! Have received many compliments from other folks who see it."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Honda has a winner with this vehicle, the 4WD is great in inclement weather. Very smooth ride. Would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a spacious alternative to a SUV."

Accomplishes everything I wanted

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Unique Styling; Quality interior; Versatility;"

Cons: "Visibility, but has rear camera/tilting mirrors"

"I was convinced I wanted an Acura TL. Then it snowed, so I thought about getting an Acura RDX. Didn't like the body type. Looked at MDX, but too much car since my wife already has Odyssey. Went to Honda dealership to test drive new CR-V. Liked the redesign, but wasn't convinced with the 4 cylinder engine. Walked by the Crosstour on way to test drive and asked about it. My assumption it was simply an Accord hatchback. I was dead wrong. I test drove it and immediately had the car I needed. The interior is very Acura-like with higher quality materials. I love the Bluetooth sync with the Navigation. The drive is very nice and powerful with command seating higher than a sedan, but lower than SUV. The seats go back and the storage is impressive. Being a father of a growing family, I wanted the utility, but also wanted to have a professional looking car to visit clients. The only weakness could be the visibility in the back, but Honda rectified that with tilting side mirrors and rear camera. All and all, I've never been happier with a car purchase."

Totally dependable, comfortable, easy to handle.

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Cons: "rear view window is only set back for me."

"This car is almost perfect. No criticism accept for the rear view window."

Great car, drives well and is comfortable.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I don't own this car

"Requires low maintenance. Great to also put back seats down to carry large cargo."

Comfortable touring sedan with AWD.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Great auto overall"

Cons: "Wide turning radius, only a problem in city."

"A very nice sedan overall with an excellent highway ride that can surprisingly get you to over 100 before you realize it (not sure if this is a good thing). Well rounded in winter driving conditions. Very good climate control, set it and forget it. Turning radius is however a bit wide."

Unbelievable Quality and Value

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Priced Well for the Features, Like Driving a Cloud"

Cons: "No XM Traffic or Weather"

Distinctive Styling stands out from the "Copy Cat" crowd

"Do yourself a favor and don't compare this car to Subaru or Toyota. The Crosstour is so well built, and the EX-L model has so many features that it can easily stand against BMW, Infinity, and Acura while still getting great mileage and priced very reasonably. We're averaging 21 mpg city and 26.5 highway which is better than our 4 cylinder Accord was getting. Transmission shifts solidly and the ride is amazingly quiet and smooth. In the EX-L model, the navigation, climate control, and sound systems are all coupled to the voice recognition system which makes it easy to keep your eyes on the road and not fiddle with knobs and buttons while you drive. Cell phone is crystal clear and easily links to bluetooth that plays through the sound system. By utilizing the USB plug, the ipod searches and plays by voice commands which gives me thousands of recorded songs, plus XM radio, six CDs and searchable FM tuning capabilities all adding up to a ride that always seems to end too soon, (no matter how far I drive). When other reviewers say that this car turns heads, they are absolutely right. Just last week I had a gentleman come up to me at the gas station who said that he saw it coming down the street and commented to his friend that it was "the most beautiful car that he has ever seen." The styling compares with the BMW X6, the Audi A7, the Infinity FX, the Acura ZDX, and the Volkswagon Cross Coupe Concept. Head room, curb weight, leg room, and cargo capacity are comparable with similiar models while mpg is very nice. There is typically no reason to "jack rabbit" start off the line or floor it on the acceleration ramp as there is plenty of power to spare under the hood. By adjusting my driving habits, I've been very pleased with the mpg, even in the city. As far as blind spots, all cars have them. These sport sedans are more prone to complaints because the rear window is at the back of the car rather than ahead of the trunk space. Unless you are used to driving a truck or a van, this will cause some adjustment. Blind spots melt away with the use of round "stick on" mirrors on both outside mirrors. Also the standard rear view camera is a fantastic feature that you will wonder what you ever did without. My only complaint is that the navigation system does not come with the XM traffic and weather option and that there is no rear accessory cover available for the 2012 models. I purchased the 2011 cargo cover which mounted in the molded areas just fine. Don't buy the Crosstour if you only drive 3 miles to the store and never go on trips. Three miles in this wonderful car would only mean that you would spend many hours in your day sitting in it imagining what the open road would feel like. DO buy the Crosstour if you are looking for a versatile vehicle that rides solidly and is built to last for years to come. When you are ready for a promotion, just take your boss out to lunch in your Crosstour...he or she will reward you for your common sense and forward thinking ability!"

Distinctive Styling stands out from the "Copy Cat" crowd

Dead sexy

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "High style, comfy stylish cabin."

Cons: "Longer than 3 year warranty please."

looks good anywhere

"Ive owned many cars, from the 1k to 60k mark. This to me is the far sexiest car Ive owned. Outside it has that Porsche sedan look to the complexity of the tapering end of a Citroen. Its different and unusual but in a good way. I really see a piece of art. I have people asking me all the time about it. Its a crossover no doubt, part sedan part suv. Albeit the SUV is hidden somewhat. Its higher off the ground and the space inside is hidden by tinted windows. My wife and I are over 6 foot and its easy to get in and out of in the front as well as the back. Steering is crisp. Engine responsive when you need it. Interior rivals Lexus and Acura."

looks good anywhere

I love this car! BUT!

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Affordable, fun, dependable! Great car!"

Cons: "Not the greatest visibility in the back window!"

"This is a solid vehicle! Turns on a dime, very sturdy and easy to control, fast when you need it to be. This car is not for just anyone though! You really have to be a GOOD driver to make up for the visibility problem in the back window and the back side windows. If you are a sub standard driver(i.e. you have accidents, your defensive skills are lacking, you get tickets, you drive too fast for conditions)- this is not the car for you! That visibility will impede on your skills further!"

Excellent car except visability

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "great ride, mileage, comfort, and quality"

Cons: "Blind spots - left and rear"

"The car quality, performance, and gas mileage are great. The only complaint, and it's a very significant one for my wife, kids (both drivers), and me is the blind spot on the left of the car. One must literally turn half-way around when changing lanes otherwise you can't see a car length to the left. Very dangerous to the unsuspecting. We have learned to live with it but..."

Love this car

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "features, reliability"

Cons: "rear view limited visability"

"I recently traded in my SUV for a low mileage used 2010 Crosstour, I could not be any happier. The features are great, solid feel to the car, the interior is very nice, sound system is good, and has plenty of backseat and trunk room. The only negative I have is thelack of rear window visability. While it is a bit on the pricy side,I expect to have this car for many years to come and after all, its a Honda."

a pleasure to drive

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"I am 6'3" and this car is very comfortable to drive. Take long trips and could drive all day. get 28 mpg on highway. I look forward to getting in this car and driving."

Great Ride!

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of power and roomy."

Cons: "Audio jack should be closer to radio."

"Great ride, Great Power! Roomy . SUV to big, sedan to boring get yourself a Crosstour."

A pleasure to drive

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles very well, could drive all day"

Cons: "Manual liftgate"

"I have had my crosstour for 17 months. Great road car; drove it from Florida to Maine. I am 6' 3" and the seats are very comfortable. Seems like a luxury car; i.e. Lexus or Acura. I enjoy everything about it. If I had one wish it would be a power tailgate."

The best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, July 04, 2011

Pros: "they don't give them away, but we are happy to own it"

Cons: "I haven't found any yet"

"I have owned 5 Hondas, buying 4 of them new. My CT has 4-wheel drive"

Another #1 Honda

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Handles beautifully, seats comfortable and with memory seat adjustment, 19 mpg in town. Quiet, smooth riding. Rear seats fold with ease for added cargo space. Door locks for child safety a plus. Rear view from hatchback strange at first. Looking forward to winter snow to drive this baby. As the commercial says, "I LOVE my Honda!""

Best Honda I have ever owned

By on Sunday, May 15, 2011

"EXL V-6 AWD, Silver with black leather interior Smooth power and precise handling with excellent ride and braking. Interior is soothingly quiet and seats are incredibly comfortable. My actual city and highway mileage exceeded the manufactures rating. It could use a few more horses under the hood to match it's aggressive styling. Other than that, it's my perfect honda!!!!"

Dream Car

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"This car is like indulging in a midlife crisis in a responsible way. It is so sporty and comfortable yet very family friendly and economical. It's not as bulky as a full fledged SUV but it's higher up than a car. I have been dreaming about and researching this car for several months and now I have one of my very own. I love it!!"

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"Excellent. Luxury. Comfortable. Nice Stereo. Nice Navi. Nice Bluetooth and SAFE."

Best I ever had

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Best car I ever had. Bought it 1 month ago after turning in a boring 2010 Toyota Hylander. This car is fun to drive and all the extras are worth the price. Got an EXL but at an extra cost added sensors. LOVE it!!!"

Good for the money!

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"I have had my CT for 2800 mls now and I love every mile I make in it. It's roomy, comfortable and very quiet. Up until now.... nothing to complain about."

LOVE my Crosstour

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"Absolutely love my CT! The style, ride, performance and cargo space is fabulous - comfortable and excellent in the snow (live in CT and was very happy to have this car after the winter we had!). Folks ask 'what kind of car is that?' and are shocked its a Honda - most think it's some new fangled Mercedes. Highly recommend to all."

By on Friday, April 01, 2011

"I've owned this car for 10 months, having traded in a Lexus RX 450h after 3 years. The CT gives nothing away to Lexus in sound deadening and smoth transmission. My only gripe is what I term a "flutter" or mild vibration between 20 and 25 MPH. It showed up at about 8K miles on the odometer. Three trips to the dealer resulted in no satisfaction, claiming that no vibration could be detected. I have 18K miles on it and get about 24 MPG in town and 30 MPG on the road. It has the 4WD configuration."

join the proud crowd

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"Plan on double-takes when you roll through your day. The favorable appointments Accord is known for make driving the CT a real pleasure. Prior to my purchase, I was humored by all the naysayers - "uncommonly ugly, should come with a brown bag w/ the eyes cut out to wear when driving, etc." I could not be more pleased with the joy of driving this vehicle. I am confident this sled will be providing joy for quite a while."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next