• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,502 - $23,218.

10/7.6

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

One awesome little economy commuter.

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, road handling and feel, design, personality, efficiency,"

Cons: "Deteriorating interior chrom trim. Cloth seats."

"I'm the original owner and have owned this CRZ since Jan 2011. It is a 6 speed EX with premium sound. I have installed a slightly lowered sport suspension and premium wheels. The car rides very nice and tight (sporty). Although it rides a little closer to the ground, there are no problems, except with very steep road transitions. I'm very pleased with this little eco commuter. Returns decent (not great) gas milage in a sporty package. It is like no other car on the market IMO. It is a second car and work commuter for me, so space is a non issue. I agree rear view is a little limited, but acceptable. The interior EX chrome trim is not holding up very well. Other than that I have no other complaints to report."

Fun Car on a Budget

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, and great price."

Cons: "2-seater only, and low to the ground."

Pretty Woman!

"I purchased this car as a second vehicle. It seats 2, but has a very large hatch back storage area. It's has 3 driving functions that are easy to change: Normal, Economy and Sport. The ride is firm, the stance is low and the turnaround is very tight and small. Overall this car has been excellent for commuting and offered enough utility and fun in a nice, sporty package. The seats are comfortable and firmly supportive. The Dash is easy to read and the controls are easily understood, too. The return value however is a bit lower than expected, so I will be likely trading it in."

Pretty Woman!

Good Value, Fun to drive, fuel efficient

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, fuel efficient, good price, good value."

Cons: "Rear view takes time to get used to. Harsh ride."

"Nice looking, sporty vehicle with sports car handling. Overall fuel economy 41.5 mpg. Ride is a little harsh. Rear view via interior mirror is blocked by horizontal beam on hatchback. This is likely intended by design to block headlights from vehicles behind us. But it makes it hard to quickly see behind. Interior is modern and very sporty with focus on fuel efficiency. Range of fuel economy doesn't vary much. Low of about 38 in winter conditions, high 45 in suburban driving and about 40 on highway. Engine stops when we stop and restarts when the brake is released. Not hard to get used to that and it has never failed to restart."

Under rated fun car that get's above 40mpg...

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, cheap on gas, good looking."

Cons: "Inside door trim scuffs very easily."

"After 9k miles owning this CR-Z base CVT, I feel it is time to share my thoughts. I would say the "expert" reviewers are somewhat off...this car is an under rated gem in many respects. It exceeds its mpg. I average 42-43 mpg in mixed driving each tank, and I sometimes drive aggressively. I wanted the 6 speed manual but there were none available at time of purchase. Even the CVT has plenty of power when the electric motor kicks in. Also the S+ button livens things up with an extra boost! I carry much work gear and it all fits easily. I use the cargo bins behind the seats to keep things from moving around when I take corners hard. This car handles well btw...not sports car great but sporty, more sporty that say a Civic. The battery in rear makes the weight distribution better and it feels more balanced. Stereo is good. Plenty of cubbies and nooks to put things. It could use an armrest. A/C is adequate not great. 2 areas where I am unhappy: the door panels scuff easily! I have to wipe them down with a damp cloth for the marks to go away. Also the driver side window rattles a bit like it doesnt seal 100%. Otherwise a fun car that turns heads and gets comments. It has been reliabel and cheapt to operate. Side note: resale is not good...it drops value fast. If I had to do it over I would get a 6 speed manual and the new sport package which ups the hp to 187! But overall a good and fun car so far."

50+ mpg car that is comfortable, fun, and sporty

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No back seats"

"If you drive the vehicle around town and keep it under 65mph the car can get 50+ mpg. I've tested it multiple times and the car is amazing when it comes to miles per gallon. It's a very comfy car and sporty."