2014 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,175 - $18,923.

10/7.6

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Sporty car with great mileage!

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Sporty look, awesome gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bad rear visibilty, vent system, and seat comfort"

Nice-looking and sporty!

"Love this car in many ways! Fun to drive, lots of electronics, great engine/transmission, great mileage, sporty look, etc. The three driving mode buttons (ECON, NORMAL, and SPORT) allow for a variety of driving conditions. I am a "spirited" driver, so mileage is secondary to getting to where I want to go fast. On freeways I drive 80-90 mph with the cruise on nearly all the time. That would seem to blow away gas mileage but, in reality, I average 33 mpg overall. If I was a more careful driver driving 55-65, I would get 45+ mpg. Just different styles and goals. Interior is great. All the controls are easy to read and accessible, and there are different colored lights on the speedometer that reflect your current driving habit....very cool. Navigation is good with a large screen. Ventilation is good, however, there could be a better vent style that allows for more directional flow, i.e., towards the torso. The seat fabric is nice and somewhat comfortable, but on long trips the seat lacks comfort. Exterior is very good-looking. Design is sporty and clean, however, rear visibility through the back side of the hatch is awful as there is a support strip that blocks the best view. Very poor design for that. The headlights rock! Brightest halogen lights I've ever seen, and that's important in deer country. Some people complain about the lack of power in this car, but I drive my Honda CR-Z hard, and this car is up to the task. Engine and electric motor run flawlessly and the car is fun to drive. The three-mode change for the engine, coupled with an awesome CVT transmission, make for spirited driving if you want it. Overall, I give this car a two thumbs up."

Nice-looking and sporty!

Best of both worlds

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "versatile, fun to drive, economical, looks great"

Cons: "poor rear visibility, no temperature gage"

"The CRZ is that rare breed of automobile that can be all things to at least some people. Drive it conservatively in the Econ mode and get 43 MPG on regular gas. Select PERF and punch the gas and leave the Bimmers at the light. Want to go on a trip with golf clubs, suitcases and coolers? Drop the trunk separator down and a storage expanse appears. The car looks great, is a lot of fun to drive and wasn't very expensive to begin with. What' not to love? This car is obviously not suited for a family or someone who needs 4 seats. Nor is it perfect. The rear visibility is perhaps its greatest imperfection, and it would be nice to have a temp gage rather than a light. I would also be reluctant to buy it with an auto trans. as this limits your ability to manage the auto stop should you want to keep the engine running for A/C. Plus half the reason you buy this car is to have fun, and the slick 6 speed fits the bill. Long term, I do wonder what the life of the battery will be and how expensive it will be to replace, but battery technology is increasing daily and I trust Honda to do it right. This car has been the best of worlds for me, even though I'm 67!"

Good Car, has flaws

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I've owned 2 hondas in my life. An 08 Civic EX Coupe automatic and an 11 CR-Z EX w/o navi manual. Of the two, I like various things about them. My perspective is taken after owning both. Pros for the CR-Z. Its much more nimble, though roughly the same weight, its body lean is much less than the Civic. Its also quicker off the line and passing on the freeway is much much easier, I dont even downshift, the "sport" mode takes care of it for me. Excellent fuel economy. I get ~39 mpg average, and my daily commute is all city ~11miles each way. Neutral- The sun visors are equally cheap in both cars. But thats the way it is for all honda's under 25k, so its a tie. The interior styling is futuristic and really neat in both cars. I like them equally. The digital speedometer is AWESOME! I just love it. The steering wheel in both is great. The CR-Z is a tad narrower but the leather feel is great and makes up for its rather puny size compared to the Civic. The alloy rims are really nice as are all EX stuff that comes with both cars. Definately a "must" addon to either vehicle, the value is there. Just like the civic, the passenger is left totally bored. There is nothing for the passenger to do but change his vents. Its all driver centric, pro or con, you decide, but my wife is totally bored over there. Must have ipad in glovebox (which fits in both btw) Both have ample trunk space. I love them, but the CR-z has a slight advantage in that its temp controlled and always accessible from cockpit. Cons- The civic seats were bigger and better for touring. The CR-Z seats are shorter in the seat, so someone of my size (6'2") has a rough time keeping comfortable after several hours. The battery is too small. Only .6kWh means you drain it if you floor it on the onramp. And when that battery isnt helping, that motor is too under powered. That makes it a tad slower than the civic for long accelerations. The vehicle also only charges when in gear. So if you want to charge the battery without moving your SOL. Its a bummer its not plugin, so dont think you're going to race more than 2, 1/4 mile stretches with battery."

Loads of Fun!

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"I purchased a silver CR-Z CVT EX with Navigation about a month ago and have averaged 45 MPG over the past 500 miles in predominantly city driving in mixed modes (i.e. not just Econ). The sport mode is definitely worth the title as you can actually feel the car hunker down and the steering firms up almost immediately. I love the Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde quality about the car as it accurately reflects my polar opposite moods about driving; there are days when I want to save as much gas as physically possible and then there are days when I want to test the highway speeding limits. I love that it still looks as cutting edge as the original 1st-Gen Insight (my previous car) but feels more like a fully-realized production car (i.e. no absurd weight limits, a more sturdy suspension, and *hopefully* more affordable parts). To sum it all up, if you are in the market for a stylish and sporty car that can also act as a gas miser, then give the CR-Z a try! I would hurry though, because Honda has only allotted 2-3 CR-Zs per dealership."

crz

By on Sunday, October 24, 2010

"fun vehicle.... you must learn to use mirrors as blind spot is a big problem.overall a fun very interesting vehicle, one i might add, that is changing my driving habits and making me drive greener.i adore the look, shape and design.i have a great time driving it. i like the responsiveness of the engine and the three mode driving choices."